V4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Female.....

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Vaskania said:

I haven't read the full thread, so apologies if this was already asked, but is it safe to save the converted materials to a library that's different from the source materials? For instance, I have a completely separate library for my Generation 4 people, and would like to save the converted presets into my main Daz Studio library where all of my Genesis content is. Both libraries are mapped, so I'm assuming it wouldn't cause issue with finding the texture files in the source library.

So far what I have done has worked beautifully and I'm kicking myself for not buying this sooner. lol

That should be fine, since they're both mapped folders.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

Good to hear. Thanks.

• As long as both libraries are mapped, you should have no problems.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432

Is this working in Daz 4.9? Because I just cant get it to work with the Very Poor User Manual?

Thanks.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    Sal UK said:

Is this working in Daz 4.9? Because I just cant get it to work with the Very Poor User Manual?

Thanks.

*EDIT*  after messing around for a time I have figured it out, and have it working. DragonStorm when you do the user manual PLEASE put an example in there, like click select folder and its subfolders to convert and show the path of where your converting from, it would have helped a lot more I think. I normally convert them manually but they do take ages but the time it took me to figure out howto I could have converted them manually anyway. But Thanks for amking the job easier.

Steve.

• Sorry it took so long for you to figure it out.

The problem with putting something like that into the user's guide is..... Those folders do not need to be in any specific place in Daz Studio.  So, if I had done a specific example (from let's say my setup, which I always moved things around after installing)  It could have confused users more if they went to look for their files in the same place, because "It was in the User's Guide"

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

I love this product will there be a V4 or G2 to G3 version....?

• Allegra said:

No. They are are to incompatible.

Allegra said:

Oh..crying

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    Allegra said:
    Allegra said:

Oh..crying

Go grab the converter at Rendo by CaymanStudios if you want ot put V4 on G3

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-v4/113767/

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    Allegra said:
    Allegra said:

Oh..crying

There are ways around this. Use Cayman's product as linked above, and use the V4 to G2F converter. Then use the new presets on G3F using Cayman's V4 for G3F.

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664
    edited May 2016

I'm converting a set of skins by Seven (SV7 Abigail). I'm using the DS_Options. I haven't installed the Poser files.

When I load the converted Mats, it loads in as the Daz Studio Default shaders. It has the UV set correctly, but the skin is all shiny. (pic 1)

If I load the unconverted Mat from the v4 (DS_Options) folder, it loads without the UV set corretly, but the skin looks right. (pic 2) it's using the omUberShaders

I looked at other Seven converts and see some set with the Uber, some with Daz (and are shiney).

Is there anyway to specifiy it? Should I forgo conversion and just use the original and manually set the UV?

Screenshot 2016-05-16 19.33.24.png
    910 x 720 - 360K
    Screenshot 2016-05-16 19.32.44.png
    900 x 918 - 473K
    Post edited by Scavenger on
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Well the shaders might be causing the shiny skin thing, esp if your in iRay.  I don't any difference in the examples you posted.  They are identical actually! 

RAMWolff said:

Well the shaders might be causing the shiny skin thing, esp if your in iRay.  I don't any difference in the examples you posted.  They are identical actually! 

That was a Scav error, not a Daz error.  I uploaded the same screenshot twice. OOPS.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

LOL.  I kinda figured!  Well the shiny skin is most def an issue with glossy specular settings.  I'd just make the specular color one that is about a couple of shades up from the default skin color (if it's 3Delight).  If it's iRay I always get yelled at for suggesting that so just turn Glossy Roughness up to about 30% and see if that helps.  Make the Glossy Color a .22 - .22 - .22 gray tone and see how that works. 

Well, the problem is definity what I pointed to, that the script is making them the wrong shader.

But then the wonder if it matters since I already have dufs...

• HaslorHaslor Posts: 402
    edited May 2016

Scavenger;

Scavenger said:

I'm converting a set of skins by Seven (SV7 Abigail). I'm using the DS_Options. I haven't installed the Poser files.

When I load the converted Mats, it loads in as the Daz Studio Default shaders. It has the UV set correctly, but the skin is all shiny. (pic 1)

If I load the unconverted Mat from the v4 (DS_Options) folder, it loads without the UV set corretly, but the skin looks right. (pic 2) it's using the omUberShaders

I looked at other Seven converts and see some set with the Uber, some with Daz (and are shiney).

Is there anyway to specifiy it? Should I forgo conversion and just use the original and manually set the UV?

Check the lighting model and the Ambient settings, before you do the conversion. Some of the Poser Artist leave all the Skins as Plastic and have the Ambient setting to 100%, which make it emit light. (I have an interested example of that using World Travels in a Night scene and it was Glowing) I did some playing around on this with Aiko 3 and had a simular issue. I explain it here - Iray Shaders and "older" models,

Post edited by Haslor on
  • How do I use this script?

• I recently purchased the batch converter but im having problems using it?

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited July 2016

Create a new Subfolder in your DAZ Library. Start the Script ( DAZ Studio Formats => My Library => Scripts => Victoria 4 Skins Batch Converter ). Follow these steps:

1. Point to the subfolder you created
    2. Point to the folder where the material presets are located
    3. Convert the files

Post edited by MN-150374 on
  • Draagonstorm, please get on DAZ to put out a product update that includes the pdf manual, and link to it in the product's readme. I found this thread after searching around the net for some kind of documentation for your product. I have the pdf you linked to here, but it really should be included with the product.

• MN-150374 said:

Create a new Subfolder in your DAZ Library. Start the Script ( DAZ Studio Formats => My Library => Scripts => Victoria 4 Skins Batch Converter ). Follow these steps:

3. Convert the files

People confused about where to find the relevant pz2 files to import should note the screenshot above. It's showing Runtime>Libraries>Pose. That's where to look. It's a good idea to make a subfolder just for the character you're going to convert. Make this in the Genesis 2 Female>Characters folder. I'm converting one character at a time.

Some of the pz2 files are for injecting morphs. I don't want to convert those. I find it easy to just click on "select material files to convert" instead of "select folders and subfolders." The program shows me PNG files instead of pz2 files. This way I can look at pictures for easy indentification, and I select which materials I want. The program then finds the corresponding pz2 files to convert.

Vhardamis said:
    Allegra said:
    Allegra said:

Oh..crying

Go grab the converter at Rendo by CaymanStudios if you want ot put V4 on G3

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-v4/113767/

Thanks so much...will do:)

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394
    MN-150374 said:

3. Convert the files

People confused about where to find the relevant pz2 files to import should note the screenshot above. It's showing Runtime>Libraries>Pose. That's where to look. It's a good idea to make a subfolder just for the character you're going to convert. Make this in the Genesis 2 Female>Characters folder. I'm converting one character at a time.

Some of the pz2 files are for injecting morphs. I don't want to convert those. I find it easy to just click on "select material files to convert" instead of "select folders and subfolders." The program shows me PNG files instead of pz2 files. This way I can look at pictures for easy indentification, and I select which materials I want. The program then finds the corresponding pz2 files to convert.

Hi.  I've never converted a v4 file to genesis before so consider me a rank beginner.  I'm scared that I'm somehow going to mess up one of the files I love using this so some reassurance from the experts on here would be nice.  I agree with the request of a pdf instruction manual.  Even that image that was posted with the 1,2,3 instructions was very helpful.  But I have a question for you.  Why would we not want to convert the file for injecting morphs? 

• There is a product out there called Gen2 for converting V4 morphs to Genesis2 and 3.  That is a different procedure from converting the textures.  Since you are creating the converted files to a new directory you are not touching your original files - they stay as is.

Gen2 also works on expression Morphs but not poses, that requres a third product ;)

• freni-kynfreni-kyn Posts: 394

There is a product out there called Gen2 for converting V4 morphs to Genesis2 and 3.  That is a different procedure from converting the textures.  Since you are creating the converted files to a new directory you are not touching your original files - they stay as is.

Gen2 also works on expression Morphs but not poses, that requres a third product ;)

Thanks I bought it.  I'm going to give this whole thing a go tonight.  Crossing my fingers.  After that I need to learn how to create new textures without replacing the old ones.  Learning to use daz has been quite the journey.

• Please help me I am still having troube using this. I just doing something wrong I'm sure but its very frustrating

• Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 female (This is the folder I want the converted files to go) but when I get to this (select folder and its subfolder to convert) I get nothing!

• What is in the folder right now?