Llola Lane's Song/Music/Story/Poem Inspired Render Thread... Join me if you wish!!!

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Awesome renders everyone.. I guess I was away camping when the renders were posted... So I just saw them now... Sorry for late responses... Keep up the wonderful work!!!!!!!!!  Group Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hugs back

• Llola LaneLlola Lane Posts: 9,009
    edited July 2016

Rendered for the PC Inspiration Contest — February 17, 2016

Steppin' Out With My Baby Lyrics

from MTV Unplugged: Tony Bennett
    New! Highlight lyrics to add Meanings, Special Memories, and Misheard Lyrics...

Steppin' out with my baby (ies... lol)
    Can't go wrong 'cause I'm in right
    It's for sure, not for maybe
    That I'm all dressed up tonight...

PC ITEM USED:
    http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items/casual-style-for-genesis-3-males
    http://www.daz3d.com/platinum-club-items/hipster-chic-for-men

OTHER ITEMs USED:
    https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/the-hype-club/77395/

Rendered with 3Delight… postwork and signature done in Paint Shop Pro 7

ENJOY!

STEPPIN OUT WITH MY BABIES DONE SIGN.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 152K
    Post edited by Llola Lane on

good one

now where's my shortbrim wink

bigh said:

good one

now where's my shortbrim wink

Oh yes.. he DOES need a hat.. but... to be fair... Tony Bennet doesn't have one on in the video.. LOL

edited July 2016

sheep

000 01 sheep.jpg
    960 x 720 - 279K
    Post edited by bigh on

ROTF Bigh.. WHERE the heck did you find that short???  lol.  Didn't make much sense... but it did make me laugh.   Thanks for sharing and your sheep is hysterical... the pose is great!

edited July 2016

the

000 01 turtle.jpg
    1028 x 1028 - 318K
    Post edited by bigh on

GREAT render Bigh... Don't think the Turtles made it across the pond to where I lived in Ohio... the sound very familiar though.  Thanks for sharing :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited July 2016

Here is some fun.  Postmodern Jukebox reconceives pop songs in a different genre.  Here is the rap song, Talk Dirty to Me as a.., well, maybe just listen and find out.

talk dirty to me.jpg
    700 x 933 - 33K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Talk Dirty - 23456782

cool

• NiffgorNiffgor Posts: 43

An older Render of mine.

Zombina and the Skeletones

"Nobody likes you when your dead.
    It just ain't right.
    Just 'cause I'm biting on your head, there's no need to be impolite.
    And if I still had eyes, then I would surely cry.
    Nobody likes you when you're dead,
    And that's the story of my life."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlgKj4dGlVU

Nobody likes you when you are dead.jpg
    1300 x 1682 - 484K
    edited July 2016

have a pint

000 01 pint.jpg
    1028 x 1028 - 429K
    Post edited by bigh on
  • XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited July 2016

render didn't quite come out the way I wanted, not really close, lighting didn't come out the way I wanted, so just did a render of a head

was listening to Dear Frederic - Stare Into the Light , and had an idea, so I started up DS, and started with G3F, then  for the music while I played with the morph dials was April Rain - Waiting For Sunrise [Full Album] , was done with the morphs and working on the lighting towards the end of track 8 , where you hear the people talking.

there are some renders I have seen others do I  could match a song to, easily , but I understand it has to be our own renders, what inspired us wink

Stare into the light 001.jpg
    1600 x 1600 - 883K
    Post edited by XaatXuun on
  • dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    edited July 2016

Inspired by this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru2tsT32pHA

"Here's Lookin' at You, Kid"

CabanaClub.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 667K
    Post edited by dHandle on
    diomede said:

Here is some fun.  Postmodern Jukebox reconceives pop songs in a different genre.  Here is the rap song, Talk Dirty to Me as a.., well, maybe just listen and find out.

Don't know the rap version.. but I love this one... (taps her toes and snaps her fingers)  Thanks for talking dirty to me!

nachtmahr said:

An older Render of mine.

Zombina and the Skeletones

"Nobody likes you when your dead.
    It just ain't right.
    Just 'cause I'm biting on your head, there's no need to be impolite.
    And if I still had eyes, then I would surely cry.
    Nobody likes you when you're dead,
    And that's the story of my life.

WONDERFUL render nachtmahr... Goes great with the song... Thanks for sharing it :)

bigh said:

have a pint

Thanks for sharing Bigh.. I have no idea what the guy is saying in the video... so I'm a little confused by it and the render... but it IS wonderful... LOL.  (sorry no time to watch the video for 46minutes... maybe later)  Thanks for sharing!!!

XaatXuun said:

render didn't quite come out the way I wanted, not really close, lighting didn't come out the way I wanted, so just did a render of a head

was listening to Dear Frederic - Stare Into the Light , and had an idea, so I started up DS, and started with G3F, then  for the music while I played with the morph dials was April Rain - Waiting For Sunrise [Full Album] , was done with the morphs and working on the lighting towards the end of track 8 , where you hear the people talking.

there are some renders I have seen others do I  could match a song to, easily , but I understand it has to be our own renders, what inspired us wink

She's very realistic looking XaatXuun... I don't have time to listen to all the music so far... but I can see how you would be inspired.  The lighting in the first video would be tricky to match in Daz/Poser... But it sure would be fun to try.... Your render matches the mood perfectly!  Thanks for sharing.

edited July 2016
    dHandle said:

Inspired by this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru2tsT32pHA

"Here's Lookin' at You, Kid"

oo I remember that song... Get a look at that hair.. lol.  Mine was just about as foofy back then, and I had LOTS of it!  (looks in the mirror at her thinning gray strands and sighs)  Thanks for sharing dHandle... and for the memories :) 

Post edited by Llola Lane on
  • SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

"Don't think the Turtles made it across the pond to where I lived in Ohio"

A small technical note, Llola, from your comment of a couple of weeks ago that I just stumbled across: The Turtles were an American band - I'm sure you must have heard "Happy Together"? The two main band members actual later did a stint for Frank Zappa's Mothers of Invention!

edited August 2016

air

000 01 st2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 184K
    Post edited by bigh on
  • XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited August 2016

heard this song  ~ Storm_ft. Maiken Sundby

and thought of this

storm 001 a.jpg
    1600 x 1598 - 3M
    Post edited by XaatXuun on
    edited August 2016

tic toc

000 01 tic.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 468K
    Post edited by bigh on
    SixDs said:

"Don't think the Turtles made it across the pond to where I lived in Ohio"

A small technical note, Llola, from your comment of a couple of weeks ago that I just stumbled across: The Turtles were an American band - I'm sure you must have heard "Happy Together"? The two main band members actual later did a stint for Frank Zappa's Mothers of Invention!

So noted SixDs ;)
      Thanks for the info!

I'm home... sorry been lax with my comments.. Keep up the great renders everyone... I should be about more now.. unless hubby wants to go camping again ;)  Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to you all!

bigh said:

air

Just wonderful Bigh... reminds me of a fractal.. I love them. :)  Your video is making me think of the BritFloyd concert we went to last weekend.. such inspiration for art that concert was.  They had a giant screen with oodles of artwork that I hardly know what the band members look like... I was mezmorized the whole show.  Thanks for sharing!

XaatXuun said:

heard this song  ~ Storm_ft. Maiken Sundby

and thought of this

And a great thought it was Xaat... I can see the inspiration perfectly.  Thank you for sharing :)

bigh said:

tic toc

Beeeeeeee u tiful music Bigh.. I love harps... Thanks for sharing your lil critter ;) 

• Returning to the thread. Had a bit of artistic block...

Nosferatu

"Moon Over Bourbon Street"
    ​Sting

She walks everyday through the streets of New Orleans
    She's innocent and young, from a family of means
    I have stood many times outside her window at night
    To struggle with my instinct in the pale moonlight
    How could I be this way when I pray to God above?
    I must love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
    Oh you'll never see my shade or hear the sound of my feet
    While there's a moon over Bourbon Street

This image came together kind of serendipitiously. Last night, while working on another image, I noticed the Nosferatu character in G3M. I forgot I had purchased it and logged it into the back of my mind to use later.

This morning I loaded in Streets of London (yes, I know, not New Orleans) and started poking around in it. I wanted to try and find a new angle to look at it through. I noticed the alley / archway and decided to explore that.

On the first test render I saw two of the posters: "Smallpox" and "Lost" and my mind went immediately back to the Nosferatu character I had mentally logged. Somewhere in the back of my mind I associated the pestilence with the vampire mythos. Not sure if this was from folklore, someone else's story, or just a mental connection in my own head.

Oh.. that is a wonderful rendition Jason... Great explaination too... I love it... Thanks for sharing :)