For users of DAZ History Manager

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,712
    edited December 1969

Wildlyfe said:
    I have a new problem. Not sure if it is new with the last update or not, but I can't sort any more.

Sort what?

edited December 1969

Haruchai said:
    I have been using the program to reset my DSON files, however, after leaving the PC for an hour and returning I now get this error when checking for the DSON files. I had used it successfully until then and still had some left to go. Any ideas?

DAZ server problem. The page with the DSON files is currently messed up:

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-all

edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    Taozen said:
    JeanneM said:
    RAMWolff said:
    Your logon checker works fine on my end. The History Manager just gets better and better. I reset a bunch of DSON files so off to check to see if it worked.
    Oh yes, it worked like a charm! I did it yesterday, found 184 files to download and with your downloader I had them on my computer within half an hour!

I suppose it wasn't DSON files (products/items), for currently there is only 103 of these?

It were DSON products but there were really that much files with a total of 2.5 Gb (if I remember it well... now you made me wondering.... :lol: ) the V5 pro bundle was in it and Michael 5, I have the logfile but there is no mention of the quantity of files..... ohh and the genesis evolution morphs, and ethnicity bundle among other things. They don't have DSON files I think but the history manager found them. Also the Gen3Shapes bundle. Hmmmm and it's after midnight already here otherwise I would probably count them again.Now I'm too tired to do that. :)

OK, if it was files and not products it makes sense. :)

But yes, the Evolution Morphs and Ethnicity Bundle do have DSON updates. The program will not list any other products than those with DSON updates when using the DSON checker. You can find the current list of DSON updated products in the "DSON_list.txt" file in the "data" folder inside the program folder. It will be updated whenever you run the DSON check.

Anyway, I'm really happy with the tools you made, didn't use them for Renderosity or RDNA yet because they're all zip files and my budget is limited. :)

What's wrong with zip files?

I'm off to bed, keep up on doing the good work and most important: Keep up on doing the things you like to do. :)

I find it very hard to do anything I don't like to do, so usually that's no problem. :)

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Haruchai said:
    I have been using the program to reset my DSON files, however, after leaving the PC for an hour and returning I now get this error when checking for the DSON files. I had used it successfully until then and still had some left to go. Any ideas?

And the progress bar that keeps on running is a bug. Doesn't affect anything else really but if you want to get rid of it, restart the program or run the Cart Check.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:

But yes, the Evolution Morphs and Ethnicity Bundle do have DSON updates. The program will not list any other products than those with DSON updates when using the DSON checker. You can find the current list of DSON updated products in the "DSON_list.txt" file in the "data" folder inside the program folder. It will be updated whenever you run the DSON check.

The Evolution morphs, Muscularity, Ethnicity, and Iconic Shapes do not have presets that appear in the library (in either DS or Poser). They only show up as dials when you load Genesis. So they are usable in Poser without needing updates or Poser Companion Files.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:

The Evolution morphs, Muscularity, Ethnicity, and Iconic Shapes do not have presets that appear in the library (in either DS or Poser). They only show up as dials when you load Genesis. So they are usable in Poser without needing updates or Poser Companion Files.

OK, but they are listed on the DSON page anyway.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Taozen said:

Yes, they are listed and are compatible, but don't have (or need) Poser Companion Files.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,878
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Taozen said:
    Haruchai said:

And the progress bar that keeps on running is a bug. Doesn't affect anything else really but if you want to get rid of it, restart the program or run the Cart Check.

OK, thanks. I will wait for the page to get sorted.

edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Taozen said:

Yes, they are listed and are compatible, but don't have (or need) Poser Companion Files.

No, apparently not. For correction and clarification then: the History Manager lists all the products on the DAZ DSON page, whether they include Poser Companion / DSON Core files or not.

edited October 2012

Haruchai said:

OK, thanks. I will wait for the page to get sorted.

Well, apparently the page is OK, it's probably just the CSS that isn't working. They've changed the page ID though so the program thought it was the wrong page, which was the real problem. So DSON Check is working again now - here's a temporary update:

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/updates/dazhm-a0537a-installer.zip

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    JeanneM said:

Anyway, I'm really happy with the tools you made, didn't use them for Renderosity or RDNA yet because they're all zip files and my budget is limited. :)

What's wrong with zip files?

Nothing is wrong with zip files. I even prefer them over the .exe files but my IE downloader gives me a warning every time I download a .exe file that it can't verify the publisher of the program instead of just letting me go to the downloadsfolder or so and I was/am so sick of that and your tool just downloads it and knows there's nothing to worry about. :lol:
    and I just don't buy very much at all and most of what I buy is here. Besides, with all the resets I have to do here it's really, really a big help to have something like your tool to get me the downloads, especially because I don't have to click each of them apart. :)
    I find it very hard to do anything I don't like to do, so usually that's no problem. :)
    Good for you!! I do the same. :-)

Love, Jeanne
    edited October 2012

Taozen said:

They've changed the page ID though so the program thought it was the wrong page, which was the real problem. So DSON Check is working again now - here's a temporary update

Thanks for the continued updates, this really is an indispensable program for me right now.
    Post edited by Haruchai on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...currently logged into the store site. When I fire up the History Manager it asks me to log into my browser again even though I currently am.

Also it doesn't seem to save the username/password for the Daz site login. Is there a fix or any workaround for this without having to manually key it in every time? Not sure if I remember the original password as FF keeps it for me.

edited December 1969

...update, figured out the old password but every time I try to download the current history I get a Windows crash error.

history_manager_error.jpg
    1048 x 675 - 254K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...currently logged into the store site. When I fire up the History Manager it asks me to log into my browser again even though I currently am.

Not when you start History Manager, only when you use features that require browser login, right?

The browser in the program is a clone of the IE on your system and inherits its settings, therefore they may interact and share the same login (I believe they use the same cookie). It seems though that this is not always the case, sometimes you have to log in seperately in the browser in History Manager, even if you're logged in in IE.

As for other browsers, like FF, theres no login sharing with History Manager though, just like you're not automatically logged in if you start FF, even though you're logged in in IE, and vice versa, because they don't share cookies. It's for the same reason there is both a History Login and a Browser Login in History Manager. The history download code is not connected with IE in any way and therefore needs a separate login, which uses its own private cookie.

In general there's no need to worry about all this, whatever program you're using just log in, if it says you're not logged in.

Also it doesn't seem to save the username/password for the Daz site login. Is there a fix or any workaround for this without having to manually key it in every time? Not sure if I remember the original password as FF keeps it for me.

You have to type email/password into the fields in History Manager and then click the "Save Login" button, to save the login. It cannot import the login from FF or other programs. After you have saved it, you don't need to type anything in anymore. Login data are saved encrypted in the file "login.dat" in the "data" folder inside the program folder.

If you are unable to find your current password, you can reset it (click "Forgot Your Password?" on the DAZ login page).

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...update, figured out the old password but every time I try to download the current history I get a Windows crash error.

You're using an older version, which is no longer compatible with the DAZ site, that's why it crashes.

It should offer to auto-update though when you start it, doesn't it do that? I've just tested the same version here and it does show the auto-update box as it should.

Which OS are you using?

edited October 2012

...well it saves the login info for the History Manager OK just not for the browser window. That is where I have to manually key everything in.

I don't use IE because of it's poor track record with security issues.

...as to the crash when downloading the history file, not sure why that is happening. Could there have been a recent update that I missed perhaps?

-----

OS is XP32

..ach! Because it mentions DSON and I was also in the forums at the time, I thought Daz was sending me info about an update for the plugin so I didn't run it.

...installed and everything is working again

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited October 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...well it saves the login info for the History Manager OK just not for the browser window. That is where I have to manually key everything in.

You don't need to type anything if you have saved your login, just click the "Login Browser" button and the browser logs in automatically. May take a little while sometimes, so just wait.

I don't use IE because of it's poor track record with security issues.

Well that may have been true in the past, but today it's different, espcecially when it comes to IE 9:

"Now that all of the major browser makers are taking security more seriously, you can expect to see security fixes and features implemented more frequently. The final decision about using the browser you think is most secure or most suited to your needs can be made by reading the browser specific security features. Although at present – Internet Explorer is known to be the most secure browser when it comes to blocking Malware."

http://www.vikitech.com/5021/firefox-vs-chrome-vs-ie-browser-security

"A browser has two main roles to play when it comes to secure browsing. First, it must protect the user from malicious sites and software. Second, it must protect itself from malicious attacks. Not long ago, Firefox was ahead of Internet Explorer (IE) when it came to the robustness of its design and its ability to protect itself, while IE was plagued with countless vulnerabilities.

However, since the release of IE7, Microsoft has narrowed the gap considerably. This is borne out by Secunia's browser security fact sheets . Although there are only results covering the second quarter of this year for IE9 and Firefox 4, IE9 does marginally better. Between the older versions -- IE8 and Firefox 3.6 -- Internet Explorer, again, has had fewer vulnerabilities."

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/answer/Firefox-versus-IE-Which-is-the-most-secure-Web-browser
    http://secunia.com/resources/factsheets/2011_browsers/

"The Carlsbad, Calif.-based independent testing firm tested a group of popular browsers by exposing them to a set of malware URLs targeting European users. The firm said Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) achieved a blocking rate of 90%. Internet Explorer 9 (IE9), the latest iteration of Microsoft’s browser, earned a 100% blocking rate when its application filtering technology was enabled.

“Internet Explorer 9 was by far the best at protecting against socially engineered malware,” NSS Labs said in its Web browser security report. “The significance of Microsoft’s new application reputation technology cannot be overstated.”

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/news/2240037884/Internet-Explorer-9-security-surpasses-rivals-in-blocking-social-engineering-attacks

...as to the crash whne downloading the history file, not sure why that is happening. Could there have been a recent update that I missed perhaps?

See my other post. You're supposed to get this update box when you start any version older than 0.538 (the current):

hmupdate.jpg
    530 x 360 - 52K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Hi Taozen

I've been managing my history, downloads and udpates by hand but I've finally given up and am thinking about using your tool. Just a quick question I haven't been able to find in this thread: will it tell me which products have been updated? I can't bloody keep track of that anymore >:-( Really, that and the duplicate orders should have been fixed by DAZ some time ago.

No, it can't tell you which products that have been updated. But the downloader/installer DAZ is working on should be able to do that.

But it can tell you which of the products you own that have been updated to DSON format.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Just a note... I love the History Manager, but with this latest version I'm finding a bug that I didn't notice before: specifically that it's not catching a lot of the bundled products that I believe the brevious version DID catch. Fortunately I also keep an excel record of everything and use that as my final reference before hitting buy, but besides the contents of most recent PC extravaganzas, I've so far noticed that the contents of the MIchael Five and Victoria 5 Pro bundles aren't showing individually... for example, when I search for Preppy for M5, it doesn't show at all in the current version's search... and that the contents of the Fantastic Five Westpark collection aren't showing.

• AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

Until now no version of the History Manager lists the contents of the bundles. As far as I know, Taozen works on a solution, to list the bundled products, by use of the data on my Fun with Bundles page.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745
    edited December 1969

Until now no version of the History Manager lists the contents of the bundles. As far as I know, Taozen works on a solution, to list the bundled products, by use of the data on my Fun with Bundles page.

Oops, yeah... sorry, MAJOR league jet lagged after two weeks in Japan. :long: I was thinking of my Orcasoft Daz History plugins, which did include a bundle tool, but I took it off the home PC after the store changes k.o.'d it. And I've actually contributed to Fun with Bundles, which is an invaluable resource. Like I said, brain running at about 60% right now... sorry for confusionneed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
  • AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

Oops, yeah... sorry, MAJOR league jet lagged after two weeks in Japan. :long: I was thinking of my Orcasoft Daz History plugins, which did include a bundle tool, but I took it off the home PC after the store changes k.o.'d it. And I've actually contributed to Fun with Bundles, which is an invaluable resource. Like I said, brain running at about 60% right now... sorry for confusionneed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

No problem, DAZ History Manager from Taozen and DAZ History Script from OrcaSoul read and sound very similarly, even if they are for different use.

All OrcaTools DAZ Scripts do not seem to work, after the lot of changes at the DAZ pages. My latest news from him was, that he is preparing for an art show. After the 18th of Nov., when the show ends, he will work at the scripts again.

• haw2eyezzhaw2eyezz Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

Have downloaded version 0.538 of History manager. Keeps crashing on win7 system. Every time i attempt to download history from daz,, program auto shuts down.

edited October 2012

haw2eyezz said:
    Have downloaded version 0.538 of History manager. Keeps crashing on win7 system. Every time i attempt to download history from daz,, program auto shuts down.

I can't reproduce that, it works fine here on both XP and Win 7 - 64.

If you send a copy of the error log to support @ taosoft.dk I'll take a look at it.

Post edited by Taoz on
    edited December 1969

Has DAZ changed the DSON page address again? Haven't been able to get a list for over 24hrs, coincidentally from the time Black November kicked off. I am getting a 'not currently available, try again later' message.

Hope it's back soon, amazing how I rely on this program now.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited November 2012

Yes I had trouble too. They have taken off the written link but if you click here you get to it.
    click on the shop item first and then you will see the page that has this.
    I don't know why they would have taken the written links away and made this page much harder for us to find.

Screen_shot_2012-11-15_at_10.12_.51_AM_.png
    868 x 389 - 339K
    Post edited by esther on
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    Yes I had trouble too. They have taken off the written link but if you click here you get to it.
    click on the shop item first and then you will see the page that has this.
    I don't know why they would have taken the written links away and made this page much harder for us to find.

Hi esther, thanks for that but I am talking about the updates list generated by the DAZ History Manager program. I can find the category here but the update functionality in DHM is broken. Last time this happened it was because DAZ changed the page path which DHM uses to check against so I was wondering if it had happened again.