Comments

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321
    edited April 2016

Coming Soon Police Station

1stBastion-police-station-800.jpg
    800 x 600 - 310K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow.  I want to go to college now.  Gorgeous!

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Ah, FB, that Police Station, actually, looks way better than I imagined it would be!  Don't get me wrong, I knew you'd do a bang up job and I knew it would great, but, wow!  Very nice!  Quick question, is the only interior what we see of the lobby through the doors and would it be useable as an indoor lobby scene for the police station?  Not a deal breaker, just curious and I guess that was actually two questions.  smiley  I was saving up for the other set that I had to wishlist and now I need to save up for two.  I don't think I'm going to be able to wishlist this one.  Too much of a must have now type of set!

edited May 2016

Thanks.  There is a waiting room/lobby area with reception desk and signs through the sliding glass doors.  I figured the Ten Room Three Halls Interior set ( http://www.daz3d.com/ten-rooms-three-halls-ubiquitous-interior )  would take care of the interior hall needs.  Same kind of high on the wall windows (though not an exact match) . I've been thinking of a building like this for a bit.  And should tie together adequately for storytelling purposes. 

There are some  images from various camera angles now on the page  http://www.daz3d.com/1stbastion-buildings-police-station

Includes large parking area out front. 

I saw the promos this morning when I logged on and they all look great.  I have the hallways so I'm good there.  I thought that was a brilliant piece of work, btw.  I think you did geat job with this and so quickly! Very nice!  I just read in the other thread there might be a mall exterior.  Really looking forward to that, too.

edited May 2016

This is another useful building I built that's already in the DAZ pipeline. 

I just try to help you all tell some stories. 

1stbastion-Emergency-hospital-800.jpg
    800 x 600 - 238K

This is another useful building I built that's already in the DAZ pipeline. 

I just try to help you all tell some stories. 

Zombie heaven....

I don't know about zombies, but I can really see using these exteriors as the backdrop for some great scenes.  That hospital looks great, too, FB!

I don't know about zombies, but I can really see using these exteriors as the backdrop for some great scenes.  That hospital looks great, too, FB!

lol the first place to be overrun in any good zombie book or movies is the hospitals.

edited May 2016

lol the first place to be overrun in any good zombie book or movies is the hospitals.

Yup health care workers are the first line of defense (british spelling - defence )  and are the most likely to contract a  contagion long before anyone else realizes what's going on.  Most run and gun "contagionesque" type video games have a hospital to clear out as part of their game design too.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Hospitals & mortuaries (morgues in the US) are also favoured workplaces for zombies, vampires etc. integrating within the community, mainly for the easy access to blood and brains etc . . .

• cliffwmscliffwms Posts: 22

Now will there be a fire station to further extend honor to those who "Save & Serve"? Then I can come back afterwards and ask if there will be any fire trucks. Just thinking about all the expansion of Public Service models.

• FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

A lot of great stuff there. One thing I'd like to see is a grocery store. I have yet to see one made, by anyone. All the time people spend in grocery stores, you would think there would be one made already. Any plans to put one together in the near future?

edited May 2016

Hi all I got a question in Private Message regarding the College Dorm rooms,  asking whether the individual elements can be moved,  like the wall posters and shelves.  Since often times if one person asks,  then there maybe others with similar questions,  so yes the shelves and the posters are their own individual props,  so you can moved them,  hide them,   or remove them,  or save them as subsets,  and use them with other sets.  You can also move the furnishings around if you want.   Each wall also has its own material zone so you can set opacity to zero to hide them as well.  That can be helpful for camera placements.

There's also another functionality that I included to give the dorm some "room creator" type versality.  The walls morph so it is possible to resize the room as you might need,  so it can be used for other scenes.  Below is the same College Dorm room,  with the walls squeezed in using the morphs.  Hopefully it can be useful.  

1stBastion-Dormroom-WallMorphs.jpg
    927 x 1500 - 286K
  • Begonia MBegonia M Posts: 17

That hospital set looks lovely. It will also work well in Latin America where I situate many of my stories. Not in my country though, here most hospitals are either updated (or not so updated) soviet buildings or nice historical buildings. In the second case I'll just put a hospital sign on a generic soviet building.

One thing I'd like to see is a grocery store. I have yet to see one made, by anyone. All the time people spend in grocery stores, you would think there would be one made already.

There is one at ShareCG: http://www.sharecg.com/v/33439/browse/11/Poser/Aemis-Shop (pp2)

this one at Renderosity: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/shop-building-set-1/106316/

...and for bigger and more expensive, the sets at CGAxis and Turbosquid (obj etc.).

Just dusting off some cobwebs here. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,080

Just dusting off some cobwebs here. 

What do you mean?

I just mean this thread has been dormant since May,  but believe it or not,  that hospital is supposedly getting released soon.  

• AtiAti Posts: 9,080

I just mean this thread has been dormant since May,  but believe it or not,  that hospital is supposedly getting released soon.  

Great news! :)

• kfox65kfox65 Posts: 59

How about an interior shot of the newly released Hospital?

This is primarily an exterior scene location,  there's a small foyer beyond each of the sets of doors which is visible through the glass. There are other sets that focus on interiors. 

http://www.daz3d.com/1stbastion-s-buildings-hospital-emergency

I got the hospital and it looks great from the promos.  I hope to have it loaded up soon to take a proper look.  Very nice set!  What's next?

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

You do great work. Keep em coming.

edited July 2016

Made some Low Poly SUVs 

1stbastion-oncoming-SUV-lineup.jpg
    2000 x 799 - 398K

Nice!  Those are very needed!

Those will be perfect for filling out those nice sets!

Thank you both for the positive comments. 

• Your notice came too late this morning,I already bought them last night. Did anyone ask you if you were going to make an old firestation? or maybe an airport? I got a couple of airports over at rendo; one is current, one is more futuristic, and the third is kind of alien. Haven't seen any firestations though. I should add, my pc is old like me, ds 4.6, and prefer 3delight or luxrender not iray. So guess your IBLs and domes work well for me as they always do. Otherwise I set up my own lights. Oh I also greenscreen real people in. Thank you for all your works of art.