Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

It looks nice.  I've gotten a few things from them, but I haven't actually rendered anything out yet.  Quick question, when you import a freebie like that where it is a .obj, do you save it as a .duf file for future use or do you import each time?  I'm just curious because, usually, I've just save .obj that I import into a scene file for future use.  But, I just imported my Blender models into DS and then figured out how to save the objects as .duf file and it was much easier than I thought it would be.

This one came all packaged up and ready to go for Studio.  Some of the other obj. files I have I just imported then saved.

Hm, I'll have to look.  I didn't remember downloading any that were Studio ready.  Of course, sometimes, my memory is very faulty when it comes to all of the free things I've downloaded.

• PandaB5PandaB5 Posts: 250

I love your Zaya render - especially the one wtih the night light - it looks very dramatic. Great job!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    PandaB5 said:

I love your Zaya render - especially the one wtih the night light - it looks very dramatic. Great job!

Thank you very much!

edited July 2016

This is another one I wanted to postwork a bit.  The reworked one just got a tiny bit of levels work, a tad brightened and a bit warmed up and I cropped it just a smidge. Nothing fancy but I think she is easier to see now.

ill Meet You At The Gate .png
    1024 x 819 - 1M
    ill Meet You At The Gate Postwork.jpg
    817 x 817 - 639K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

I think that's a huge difference for the better!  Nice, Sonja!

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728

Okay before and after. Fixed the pose a bit changed the floor to show a reflection showing the heels connecting to the floor since I can't get a shadow to show for anything on the floor.  And her eyes are now showing the right color as well lol.  And despite the fact that her legs are showing we are going with the premise that she is just ninja fast and no one will get close to her.  Or maybe she is a thief in the night and simply waiting for dusk....

Nice pose. The image on the right is an improvement over the left, but I like the more subtle lighting of the left.

The postworked image in your latest post looks great. The warmer lighting works well. The only detraction is that when I look closely it also brings out some noise.

Thanks KM!

Jim I agree on the noise I could probably run it longer but is really just a character test and nothing too serious. I might revisit in the future at some point and run through another couple of hours and see if it helps.

I like the lighting in the left one better as well but of course, I was totally unable to re create it when I mucked about with everything else. I'm still new enough that lighting is one of the things that I struggle with. 

• Jim_1831252Jim_1831252 Posts: 728

Lighting is always tricky. There's rarely a best way to light a scene, so it can easily lead to endless experimenting.

Jim said:

Lighting is always tricky. There's rarely a best way to light a scene, so it can easily lead to endless experimenting.

Endless is about right too lol.

edited July 2016

Thought I would try my hand at altering texture maps.  Had fun with it and will be working on refining technique on this kind of thing.  I love exotic tatoos and make up and being able to add things to the texture map is something I have been meaning to explore further.  Going to have to work on blending things a bit better etc etc.

Kinima Altered Texture Map.png
    800 x 1294 - 2M
  • TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Great job with the texturing!  

Looks really nice!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited July 2016

Thought I would try my hand at altering texture maps.  Had fun with it and will be working on refining technique on this kind of thing.  I love exotic tatoos and make up and being able to add things to the texture map is something I have been meaning to explore further.  Going to have to work on blending things a bit better etc etc.

That is quite lovely! What character or skin is that? 

BTW, the butterfly wings look very cool! I can see this character being a fairy, which would rock, since we rarely get to see fairies that aren't white. 

I'm loving your renders! Keep 'em coming! 

Post edited by 3Diva on

Thank you both!  She was made with the randomizer.  I started with a base on Monique 6 (this is Monique 6's skin, although I usually make my own with the skin builder) and I used all of my asian and african morphs as well as some of the stylized fantasy morphs and the normal morphs.

I might just go ahead and do another bit more fantasy stylized character fairy with darker skin. You are right we don't see that very often and I think many of the darker skin tones are just beautiful.

She looks really interesting!  I love the butterfly wings, very cool indeed!  :)

Thank you!

edited July 2016

Close up of the butterfly on her face.  Its not as ragged as I thought it was up close.

Kinima Close Up Butterfly.png
    800 x 1294 - 2M
    edited July 2016

So I've decided to do as story.  Not a traditional story because I don't have the skill or the time to write the way that good books are written.  But a world, cobbled together by pictures and snapshops of the lives of the people (and non people) who live there.   I will be posting all of the bits and pieces on my Deviant Art account in a folder titled Welcome to Akasa Gahari.  We'll see what happens lol.  I just need a bit more structure and direction for my renders now that I have a bit more of a clue as to what I am doing.  Not that I won't wonder off into other worlds or do different things but I would like to make it a point to do something with this world at least once a week.

Welcome to Akasa Gahari (Sky Home).png
    1920 x 1920 - 5M

Beautiful!  And fantastic imagery.

Thank you!

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617

Wow, Sonja!  That looks incredible!

Haze in the distance, the ocean has waves and breakers...nice!  That line you have can be blended out in Photoshop or Gimp, I bet.

Well done!

Ya it was late and I was done lol.  I have a couple other things I want to add in the future to this particular piece as well, I just had to get it out and rendered as it was pushing to be out of my head if that makes any sense.  Now that's its taken form I can refine and add to it.

That's a really interesting world you have started building!  Looks fantastic!

Thanks! I hope I can do whats in my head justice lol.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

That looks really nice, like a place to visit.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Akasa Gahari is quite lovely yes

Thank you!

edited July 2016

Quick character sketch.  I'm having issues with the LAMH fiber hair export so the wolf is completely unfinished as far as his fur goes. The issues are all on my end I just need to sit down and read through the thread again and I'm not sure I have the updated version installed either.  There was an update in DIM a while back but anyway. I will be working on getting up to speed on that very shortly.

This is Dalek and Leris a human and giant wolf pair bond.  The wolves choose their bond when very young usually as they are being weaned.  Some of them choose children, some of the choose adults. No one knows why they choose as they do.  Pair bonding extends the life of both by several hundred years.  Usually of the warrior class they are intensely trained and some of the best warriors anywhere on Akasa Gahari.  Well educated (both man and wolf) and well trained these are the elite of the elite and their services are highly sought after.

So, what is this pair doing gaurding the sky entrance to Akahas Gahari?  Well, that is a story for when I figure out the hair on Leris lol.

Gaurd Duty Entrance to Akasa Gahari.png
    1920 x 1920 - 6M

Wouldn't want to run into them on a dark night.....smiley

Porbably not..... At least if you aren't a law abiding citizen lol.

Porbably not..... At least if you aren't a law abiding citizen lol.

Hmm.....no comment.  laugh

This discussion has been closed.