Request for DAZ web team,,,

2»

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    A thought occurred to me that I am surprised nobody has mentioned yet...the word stable, and the reason for moving to this new software. With the in-house web crew working on this thing endlessly, will it not be only a matter of time until it is a mish-mash of spaghetti that resembles that previous site, with the stability a fading pipe dream?

Dana

Actually I thought about it, but I thought that might be a low blow.

Kicking a man when he's down.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    DanaTA said:
    A thought occurred to me that I am surprised nobody has mentioned yet...the word stable, and the reason for moving to this new software. With the in-house web crew working on this thing endlessly, will it not be only a matter of time until it is a mish-mash of spaghetti that resembles that previous site, with the stability a fading pipe dream?

Dana

Actually I thought about it, but I thought that might be a low blow.

Kicking a man when he's down.

Wait a minute! By that standard, this whole thread, and many others, are doing that very thing!

The very first thing I'd have done after something that was allegedly "thoroughly tested" and was fine, and then turned into Nightmare on Elm St. after moving to live servers, is to call the manufacturer of the canned software and asked "WTF?" What did we do wrong? Do you have some kind of clue for us? It is the first step, rather than try to fix something that wasn't broken just hours before.

But I have to wonder, did they get a package that included support? Or did they get the Community Edition, which costs nothing but time and effort, but comes with no support?

Dana

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Wait a minute! By that standard, this whole thread, and many others, are doing that very thing!

Well, there's kicking and then there's KICKING. LOL!
    :lol:

The very first thing I'd have done after something that was allegedly "thoroughly tested" and was fine, and then turned into Nightmare on Elm St. after moving to live servers, is to call the manufacturer of the canned software and asked "WTF?" What did we do wrong? Do you have some kind of clue for us? It is the first step, rather than try to fix something that wasn't broken just hours before.

But I have to wonder, did they get a package that included support? Or did they get the Community Edition, which costs nothing but time and effort, but comes with no support?

Dana

I have the sinking feeling (they probably do as well) that Daz didn't get a service plan.
    :coolcheese:

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Sad indeed.

Dana

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    I agree that this is a clusterfu*k,

I have no proof, but I think they may have been oversold on a product that clearly wasn't up to the task.
    The work of a salesman.

It should have been a giant red flag when the new site wouldn't perform the tasks of the old one. Most of the changes I see in the store, as well as some of the changes to the PC, should be easy for the new software to handle. Instead, Daz chose to find software that couldn't meet the challenge.

Now the software that would only take a couple of days to install is still not running correctly.

What person decided to maintain the course? I would have demanded the company that sold them this junk send a man out to fix this disaster. If that didn't work, I would have demanded my money back and pulled the plug. This ordeal wouldn't have been allowed to run for more than a week.

All we can do now is hope that the Daz web guys fix the crappy software or...

just break down and put the old site back up.

:coolmad:

They should get a refund, return the crap they've been sold and buy some better stuff that does everything the old did (from a different company), but in a much better manner without breaking down.

(Not going to suggest anyone in particular, as it'll be moving into different territory)