Why Is My Pie Crust Still Frozen Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

remember when all your drivers had to fit in 640k of ram? soundblaster, mouse friver, didn't cd-rom. needed cd drive to play 7th Guest. Gabriel Knight played off a 1.44 floppy drive.

edited December 1969

sleepy time early t'nite. Peanut and doggy in bed with me. snuggle. glass of water bedside. all set for zonkkks

night-nite :)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

A big bunch of grapes for lunch, busy today Im standing in a small patch of sun outside a very cold backstreet warehouse next to a dark alleyway, surely there is a troll or werewolf or something in the shadows there *peers* Lunch is catered but unappetising so I hooked off with a paper bag full of fruit. Mmmmm squelchy :)

edited December 1969

sleepy time early t'nite. Peanut and doggy in bed with me. snuggle. glass of water bedside. all set for zonkkks

night-nite :)

*tucks tired one in*

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    I wanted MLP:FIM last night then went to read a book I just got at the library. I was keep imagining the characters as ponies so I stopped reading.

I also had difficulty sleeping. Not sure if it is due to me stop taking that sleepy pill or what. I kept waking up and trying to go back to sleep.

That cheered me up, the idea that you were imagining a novel's characters as ponies. I needed cheering up as I visited my Mom at the nursing home today. She has Senile Dementia and a large problem with dysphasia. I kept her at home with me after Dad died (4 years) until she had to have around-the-clock professional care. I visit her as often as I can, but it's hard, I always cry when I leave. Sorry, that was not so much a complaint as an unburdening.
    Has anyone read "Watership Down"? Sort of the opposite effect of Miss Bad Wolf's reading experience. I kept forgetting that the characters were rabbits.

Glad I helped your day.

I went to work today. My hours have returned. I was supposed to leave at 2:30pm but left at 3pm. I went home and the wireless usb thing came in. I got it for the group home. (well I ordered it and they paid me back) I got it working on that old desktop they have downstairs. It only has a quarter gig of ram. They only want it for internet and email.

After dinner I talked to my father, my mother and brother. Now I have finally got to my computer to do stuff I wanted to do. First time checking my email and the forum since going to work this morning.

Watership Down frightened me, think I must have been 10 or so :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    I wanted MLP:FIM last night then went to read a book I just got at the library. I was keep imagining the characters as ponies so I stopped reading.

I also had difficulty sleeping. Not sure if it is due to me stop taking that sleepy pill or what. I kept waking up and trying to go back to sleep.

That cheered me up, the idea that you were imagining a novel's characters as ponies. I needed cheering up as I visited my Mom at the nursing home today. She has Senile Dementia and a large problem with dysphasia. I kept her at home with me after Dad died (4 years) until she had to have around-the-clock professional care. I visit her as often as I can, but it's hard, I always cry when I leave. Sorry, that was not so much a complaint as an unburdening.
    Has anyone read "Watership Down"? Sort of the opposite effect of Miss Bad Wolf's reading experience. I kept forgetting that the characters were rabbits.

Glad I helped your day.

I went to work today. My hours have returned. I was supposed to leave at 2:30pm but left at 3pm. I went home and the wireless usb thing came in. I got it for the group home. (well I ordered it and they paid me back) I got it working on that old desktop they have downstairs. It only has a quarter gig of ram. They only want it for internet and email.

After dinner I talked to my father, my mother and brother. Now I have finally got to my computer to do stuff I wanted to do. First time checking my email and the forum since going to work this morning.

Watership Down frightened me, think I must have been 10 or so :)
    Efrafa Warren with its supreme leader General Woundwart was indeed dark and frightening.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...5 months with new site software, and the 'bots still go MIA.

...to tired to mess with all the kvetchup this late in the evening.

...besides, back to working on pics like I used to do.

...maybe 4.5 really is the next best thing since sliced bread (at least where 3D apps are concerned).

...and GenerationX works nicely. (again, thank you Spyro for the help).

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

remember when all your drivers had to fit in 640k of ram? soundblaster, mouse friver, didn't cd-rom. needed cd drive to play 7th Guest. Gabriel Knight played off a 1.44 floppy drive.

Thought that name sounded familiar:
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/gabriel_knight_sins_of_the_fathers
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/gabriel_knight_2_the_beast_within
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/gabriel_knight_3_blood_of_the_sacred_blood_of_the_damned

edited December 1969

How did the "Rex-Plus" and other such morph packs go about being made? I want to make some morphs as freebies but have no idea how to go about doing it.

edited October 2012

Rezca said:
    How did the "Rex-Plus" and other such morph packs go about being made? I want to make some morphs as freebies but have no idea how to go about doing it.

What is Rex Plus? For partial morphs Poser and Studio morphs are loaded on a per-group basis rather than per object. Basically you select the group from the rigged figure you want to make a morph for, export the selected group's geometry to a modeller, manipulate the geometry without adding subtracting or reordering any vertices, and load it back into the figure's corresponding group. A parameter dial will appear when you do. Workflow is not identical for Poser and Studio, but that's the basic process

To distribute the morph you usually need to make it injectable, there are many tutes and utilities around for that. For example: google search results

Basically the file you end up with calls a process that invokes a .pmd file for Poser, for Studio not sure what to use it all changed this year :)

ETA if you want to use LW is real easy, check out endomorphs and weight maps - really too easy :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...5 months with new site software, and the 'bots still go MIA.

...to tired to mess with all the kvetchup this late in the evening.

...besides, back to working on pics like I used to do.

...maybe 4.5 really is the next best thing since sliced bread (at least where 3D apps are concerned).

More pics sounds like an excellent idea :)

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Complaint. I just modeled the first boot strap, then realized the radial poly count is to low res for the model :( Dagnabbit! I must model a higher res one.

bootstrapv1.jpg
    619 x 779 - 144K
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:

All good mate. :cheese:

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Complaint. I just modeled the first boot strap, then realized the radial poly count is to low res for the model :( Dagnabbit! I must model a higher res one.

Aw. Looking good but :)

edited December 1969

Thankyou... I will conquer the straps soon... Food first.

edited October 2012

Maybe genesis won't save with its uv's for me because the Poser plugin needs a descriptor it can't find for those? *wonders*

eta nah can't be 'cos once subdivision is toggled the uv's revert to what was saved.

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

Thought that name sounded familiar:
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/gabriel_knight_sins_of_the_fathers
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/gabriel_knight_2_the_beast_within
    http://www.gog.com/gamecard/gabriel_knight_3_blood_of_the_sacred_blood_of_the_damned

:) they updated Sins of the Father. i played the DOS version. before Doom came out.

edited October 2012

@ps1borg: A few pages back I posted several images of how I go about making morphs in Cinema4D. Interposer Pro allows you to make morphs for models without having to export anything, and I've asked several times now "When it asks me if I want to make a new .cr2 or an INJ/REM file with this morph, what do I do?" if I wanted to distribute that. From your recent post it seems I should be doing an INJ/REM file, but I've only seen that twice in products I purchased. Once in some additional head morphs for the SubDragon, and once for a viper head morph for the Morphing Python (In the "Cold Blooded" product).

This is the "Rex-Plus" http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rexplus
    Was made by Garee and added additional shaping morphs, one for a "godzilla" style back, one for a baby trex morph, and so on. No INJ/REM dials or objects from what I can see. (Unless they're hidden away in some obscure folder that I am not aware of...)

Basically with IPP when I go about making morphs, I select the poser figure, click Create Morphs (Or Add Master Dial - but they seem to do the same thing...), then it asks me if I want to locate an external OBJ to use, use selected polygon objects (ANything that's already within the scene, like if I baked the poser figure into a static object to edit it further), or from the figure itself (Which from what I can tell will include any poses/morphs already being used). Then it proceeds to ask me if I want to make a new CR2 file using this morph, an INJ/REM file, or do nothing. Then adjust the settings for the morph and so on.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    edited December 1969

I want to see Goblet of Fire again. I know that David Tennant has a small roll in it, but I want to see him as Barty Jr..

edited December 1969

David Tennant is so cute. He was born in 1971. Matt Smith was born in 1982. That is an eleven year difference. LOL!

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited December 1969

Good movie. My wife's favorite one of the series.

edited December 1969

When is my PC membership going to renew?

edited December 1969

How much is the PC monthly renewal?

Miss P is mad at me.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    @ps1borg: A few pages back I posted several images of how I go about making morphs in Cinema4D. Interposer Pro allows you to make morphs for models without having to export anything, and I've asked several times now "When it asks me if I want to make a new .cr2 or an INJ/REM file with this morph, what do I do?" if I wanted to distribute that. From your recent post it seems I should be doing an INJ/REM file, but I've only seen that twice in products I purchased. Once in some additional head morphs for the SubDragon, and once for a viper head morph for the Morphing Python (In the "Cold Blooded" product).

This is the "Rex-Plus" http://www.daz3d.com/shop/rexplus
    Was made by Garee and added additional shaping morphs, one for a "godzilla" style back, one for a baby trex morph, and so on. No INJ/REM dials or objects from what I can see. (Unless they're hidden away in some obscure folder that I am not aware of...)

Basically with IPP when I go about making morphs, I select the poser figure, click Create Morphs (Or Add Master Dial - but they seem to do the same thing...), then it asks me if I want to locate an external OBJ to use, use selected polygon objects (ANything that's already within the scene, like if I baked the poser figure into a static object to edit it further), or from the figure itself (Which from what I can tell will include any poses/morphs already being used). Then it proceeds to ask me if I want to make a new CR2 file using this morph, an INJ/REM file, or do nothing. Then adjust the settings for the morph and so on.

I'm not familiar at all with interposer. Your question is in two parts. How do I make the morph? Well, pick an option you are comfortable with. You have a copy of Poser or Studio you can export the morph to yes? Your description of how the dial appears makes sense, that's what happens if you create a morph in poser or studio. Perhaps you are being asked if you want to make a master controller for several morphs? no idea :) If you export a CR2 you don't have to worry about dials they will just be there. If you export an object just load it into the appropriate group and a dial will appear.

Then there is How do I package the morphs for redistribution? There is a lot of fine print in the answer to that, you need to see this:

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/124136-distributing-add-on-products-that-use-inj-rem-pose-files

stuff like fine print changes without notice, not really my thing so don't keep up.

If you export a CR2 it will contain references to geometry assets as well as a list of the delta's used to deform the geometry. If you export an object it is presumably a wavefront object that you load into a target figure and the deltas/inbetweens are computed for you at runtime. If you use inj/rem tech the file contains deltas and references to the original object file geometry that are also processed at runtime. You can't redistribute any of the geometry the figure is based upon, or any deltas the geometry is using not created by you. afaik no exceptions. Phew *sweats*

edited December 1969

The way to go about it then would be INJ/REM? The only other way they said you could distribute morphs you made was by using an OBJ file...

Was looking at the Rex-Plus files, he seems to have gone the .CR2 route.
    I'm only looking to make morphs for the Morphing Python and the (Freebie) Terror Bird at the moment - not any human characters.

edited December 1969

okay monthly renewal is $7.95. It says that the next payment for renewal will be the 24th. That is a week from today. Will Daz take the money from my card on the 24th or will they take the money earlier? I want to make sure I have enough money on my card so my membership will not cancel

edited December 1969

As far as I know the inj/rem and pmd tech allows you to share deltas without sharing copyright protected geometry :)

edited December 1969

best I can do right now drop

N10401.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 222K
    edited December 1969

sent a support ticket about pc renewal.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    As far as I know the inj/rem and pmd tech allows you to share deltas without sharing copyright protected geometry :)

Alright I'll keep that in mind then for DAZ fgures liek the python~

The Terror Bird is a freebie, so it might be okay...

This discussion has been closed.