Platinum Club 10th Anniversary Sale Discussion

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

It seems that when I wished for animals to save...

...I got 'em.

:bug: o_O Holy..!

I got 58 items in my basket right now.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Barubary said:
    DanaTA said:
    JOdel said:
    At $7.95 per month (if that is what it is) a year's membership comes in at 95.40. Renewal on annual memberships are about 69.96. (You can generally find them for that at various points of the year. Or used to at any rate.)

Don't knw if they will give you the discount for changing from monthly to annual though. The first annual membership may be the full price.

The $30 voucher was only when you joined the first time. And since the store no longer does vouchers, it may no longer be available.

I got the $30 voucher when I switched from monthly to annual, and again when I renewed the annual membership last year in the sale. And I did get the discount when I switched from monthly to annual.

Didn't annual PC subscribers also get that pack of classic Gen4 items remastered for Genesis last year? Or was that for all PC members?

This year far as i know there is no renewal voucher, no renewal discount, and no renewal package/perks. buy it all packages are for sets that are already out instead of something new this time, too. (so very likely you already have it) Oh and if you actually want to buy the renewal, prepare to shell out an extra $30 at the time of payment because you have to pay the first time package, and then get the difference refunded.

Can't figure out why this PC celebrate is just not as exciting as the previous years tho.... LOL....

I'm waiting until it's actually renewal time, which will be in May. If the screw-ups in the store haven't stopped by then, I might not renew.

Dana

edited December 1969

Zelroth said:
    For those trying to use the coupons, I did notice an announcement in this forum and in Members forum about the coupon problem.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/9458_4/

I haven't tried the coupons and this "work around" yet, but I did notice it. I REALLY hope DAZ gets this working this week. (Yes I refuse to use the S word)

22 weeks tomorrow! They're still having major glitches like this? :-/

Dana

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Barubary said:
    DanaTA said:
    JOdel said:
    At $7.95 per month (if that is what it is) a year's membership comes in at 95.40. Renewal on annual memberships are about 69.96. (You can generally find them for that at various points of the year. Or used to at any rate.)

Don't knw if they will give you the discount for changing from monthly to annual though. The first annual membership may be the full price.

The $30 voucher was only when you joined the first time. And since the store no longer does vouchers, it may no longer be available.

I got the $30 voucher when I switched from monthly to annual, and again when I renewed the annual membership last year in the sale. And I did get the discount when I switched from monthly to annual.

Didn't annual PC subscribers also get that pack of classic Gen4 items remastered for Genesis last year? Or was that for all PC members?

I don't remember if that was part of the package or just for every PC member, sorry.

Dana

As I recall, the Classics Bundle for Genesis was another perk for people buying/renewing annual membership during the sale, along with the $30 voucher, plus the cash back on the money you spent later on (for all members). It was part of what got me on board for the annual PC membership for the first time.

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Stopped getting notices here again, did they put the yearly membership on sale again?

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited October 2012

What do you see that is 2.45, is that European pricing? What I see here is jump from the 1.99 to 2.99 and up.

I was hoping for a 6 for 6 bundle with pigs, squirrel etc...

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
  • foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Skiriki said:

...I got 'em.

Excellent! :-) I got so much in my cart now I'm going to have to pick and choose before checkout.

What might help is that a lot of the older animals have only 1 texture set and look a bit "yesteryear". I'm not sure I want to pay 2.45 for an animal that isn't going to look reasonably realistic in a render. Does anyone have any of the older animals such as Camel, Cow or Wolf? How do they look when rendered? I'm wondering whether I should just wait and hope they'll be upgraded in future.

Cridgit,

Go here - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2841076

You will find fantastic "do-overs" for some of the Daz animals. Be sure to read the instructions if you are not familiar with UV swapping. These are really great. Not all of her animals need the original Daz animal, she has some really awesome originals like the ducks and such.

Switching the obj file around is very easy and her directions are easy to follow once you download the free program.

Good luck.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

Wow Thanks Daz! 10 months extra PC Membership that means next renew 2014 Looks like you lot got to put up with me atleast another 2 years... he he he

Steve.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

You're welcome Cridgit. Glad I could help. These are really great looking animals that she sold at one time, now she just wants them to get a good home.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Skiriki said:

...I got 'em.

Excellent! :-) I got so much in my cart now I'm going to have to pick and choose before checkout.

What might help is that a lot of the older animals have only 1 texture set and look a bit "yesteryear". I'm not sure I want to pay 2.45 for an animal that isn't going to look reasonably realistic in a render. Does anyone have any of the older animals such as Camel, Cow or Wolf? How do they look when rendered? I'm wondering whether I should just wait and hope they'll be upgraded in future.

The wolf (old Zygote wolf, that is) is required for a rather nice fox morph which is posted on an artist's (Lyne's) own site as a freebie. There are other morphs like coyote, for it there as well.

She also has a nice collection of wild cat morphs for the Mil Cat (which comes in large enough to support morphs for fairly big cats. Anyone wanting a house cat has to scale is down like woah!).

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    NEWS 7 - EPISODE 4 (SPECIAL BACK TO BACK EPISODE... STAY TUNED)

Brought to you by Skiriki's Ranger Services. "Nothing to see here people, move along... AND SAVE THE ANIMALS!!!"

:lol:

Hey Spyro! I see you found a Zombie cure. :lol:

You haven't seen the 'on the scene with terry' yet.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Wow Thanks Daz! 10 months extra PC Membership that means next renew 2014 Looks like you lot got to put up with me atleast another 2 years... he he he

Steve.

So you beta test LAMH and you get 10 month PC membership.

GRRRRRRRR. I'll send my avatar at you if you win anything else ;)

• Suncat1Suncat1 Posts: 46
    edited December 1969

I'd just like to win something. Well maybe I can win powerball and then it won't matter XD. Heheheeh. Congrats to all the winners so far!

edited December 1969

Suncat1 said:
    I'd just like to win something. Well maybe I can win powerball and then it won't matter XD. Heheheeh. Congrats to all the winners so far!

My state is one of the worst when it comes to payouts with that game (powerball, megamillions etc). We spend a ton but we get the less back.

Yet we keep trying.

LOL

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,008
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:

Brought to you by Skiriki's Ranger Services. "Nothing to see here people, move along... AND SAVE THE ANIMALS!!!"

And I know David. he wouldn't do drugs. They must've planted them on him.

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Spyro said:
    tjohn said:
    Spyro said:

And I know David. he wouldn't do drugs. They must've planted them on him.

I know David too. He didn't do hard drugs, but had a serious weakness for whiskey.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Skiriki said:

...I got 'em.

Just wait till Look At My Hair Daz plugin is released.... you can fur all your animals with realistic hair/fur, shape and style and render speedily in daz (or any program of your choice). SO amazing~ :)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,490
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Steve.

10 extra months? how'd you get that?? O.o

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Steve.

10 extra months? how'd you get that?? O.o

First message:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8870/

10. 10 Free Months- Every week 10 random PC members will get 10 more months free.

The Platinum Club members who will get their Platinum Club Memberships extended for an additional 10 months are:

Week 1
    ktealby
    kimfer
    illumn8ed1
    denmacjr1
    Kas-Aki
    raffar
    QBFox
    fxmediamark
    lyma
    James S

Week 2
    Martin_C
    Sal UK
    MacAttack
    imtrobin
    maki82
    Jaa9
    Niko_Magellan
    doo-wani-bee-amm
    corpor8chic
    WulfricF

• GhostpantherGhostpanther Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

I would really appreciate to see something new for Bryce in this PC sale, too - and at a good discount, too, naturally ;-)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

I would really appreciate to see something new for Bryce in this PC sale, too - and at a good discount, too, naturally ;-)

Not new ... but I found 39 Bryce items in the 70% off sale at the moment:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/environments-props?compat_software=29&vendor=469

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Barubary said:

I don't remember if that was part of the package or just for every PC member, sorry.

Dana

It wasn't every PC member-- I didn't get it.

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

Well - I don't know what's going on, but I've tried twice to use one of the coupons available this month, my Plat Club voucher for $6 and the Annviersary sale one for $4... I keep getting these coupons are invalid.

Before anyone says anything... I KNOW how to submit the coupons. Trust me, I've done it enough AFTER the new store.

I'm simply not getting a success from it.

I'd really like to buy something, but I'm not gonna stress about it. If I can't get the coupons to work for it, I'll just leave it. I'm not so passionately desparate to shop and buy as I once was.

Any help out there? If there is - cool - if there isn't... that's cool too.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Strangely enough for me I would recommend tha,t if you really can't get the coupons to work on eligible items, you should submit a support ticket to Sales dept.

edited December 1969

Mercedesk said:
    Well - I don't know what's going on, but I've tried twice to use one of the coupons available this month, my Plat Club voucher for $6 and the Annviersary sale one for $4... I keep getting these coupons are invalid.

Before anyone says anything... I KNOW how to submit the coupons. Trust me, I've done it enough AFTER the new store.

I'm simply not getting a success from it.

I'd really like to buy something, but I'm not gonna stress about it. If I can't get the coupons to work for it, I'll just leave it. I'm not so passionately desparate to shop and buy as I once was.

Any help out there? If there is - cool - if there isn't... that's cool too.

I had the same problem last month. I called them and they did something to fix it. I just left the items in my cart to keep the sale price and when they contacted me and told me they figured it out, I checked out and the coupon worked.

Dana

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    DanaTA said:
    Barubary said:

Dana

It wasn't every PC member-- I didn't get it.

It was a special deal for those who purchased the annual package last year. Renew with the annual and you got this big ol' bundle of things remade for Genesis, it was mostly V4 stuff if I remember right and no I didn't get it.

• ravenraven Posts: 14
    edited December 1969

It was this bundle, http://www.daz3d.com/shop/classics-bundle-for-genesis and good call on pointing it out, as I did get it last year! No DSON stuff in it yet though, I just reset it to have a look.

edited December 1969

raven said:
    It was this bundle, http://www.daz3d.com/shop/classics-bundle-for-genesis and good call on pointing it out, as I did get it last year! No DSON stuff in it yet though, I just reset it to have a look.

Thank you raven for checking that out.