Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited October 2012

maybe a pose ? I don;t like when poses do that , they should pose and not include any expressions
    check the mouth morphs to see if there any values are set up to be sure that are not your presets .

and btw I love hot the Tunic was working in poser , I like it even better that in DS, make sure you conform the belt to the tunic and not genesis for best result and run the script for transfer the morphs , you can also apply the standard sss in the material room and nothing else for even better effect of the fabric it will looks semi translucent

Sunfire said:
    I'm happily downloading the updated roman tunic now.

Still have no clue why an M4 texture would cause genesis to snarl or grimace when applied and rendered though. Weird weird weird.

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    maybe a pose ? I don;t like when poses do that , they should pose and not include any expressions
    check the mouth morphs to see if there any values are set up to be sure that are not your presets .

and btw I love hot the Tunic was working in poser , I like it even better that in DS, make sure you conform the belt to the tunic and not genesis for best result and run the script for transfer the morphs , you can also apply the standard sss in the material room and nothing else for even better effect of the fabric it will looks semi translucent

Sunfire said:

Still have no clue why an M4 texture would cause genesis to snarl or grimace when applied and rendered though. Weird weird weird.

There is no morphs involved. I use any other texture and things are fine, I apply this one texture and the grimace appears. But it doesn't show up in the preview pane, it only shows up in render.

The same texture on M4 does not do the same thing to M4.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Mec4D said:

Sunfire said:

There is no morphs involved. I use any other texture and things are fine, I apply this one texture and the grimace appears. But it doesn't show up in the preview pane, it only shows up in render.

If you turn off bump and displacement, does that eliminate the problem?

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Mec4D said:

Sunfire said:

I had not thought to try that, I will try it tomorrow after I've calmed down from fighting with the tunic!!!

Cath! Help! The belt stays hidden under the tunic even when I conform it to the tunic and try to transfer the active morphs. And then it won't take any of the textures either from the mat file in the figures folder, or the materials in the material folder, the tunic won't take the textures either.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    You don't have to edit anything , morphs will load with genesis , but you need to make materials and save them as DUF material preset then use DSON then convert them to companion files you will find the option in the content library Tab it is easy and quick 5 sec work

RAMWolff said:
    Cath, while I got your attention.... I'm busy working on morphs pertaining to my huge Bruno + project. Wondering if I need to do anything so that the Poser users can use him. I'm so happy this is happening for everyone finally. I never gave up hope and here we are... little bumpy here and there but for the most part it's really cool to see everyone excited. I really want the Poser community to have my pack to use as well. Esp since there are over 200 morphs I made in the pack and since many of us are on budgets these days might be a way to give a really nice useful gift that EVERYONE can enjoy.

Then there is the issue of the mats.... I guess just save them out as .duff files? Sorry, been sick and trying to work so not looked over the file creation pages....

Great, thanks so much sweety! XO

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Sunfire said:
    Mec4D said:

Sunfire said:

I had not thought to try that, I will try it tomorrow after I've calmed down from fighting with the tunic!!!

Cath! Help! The belt stays hidden under the tunic even when I conform it to the tunic and try to transfer the active morphs. And then it won't take any of the textures either from the mat file in the figures folder, or the materials in the material folder, the tunic won't take the textures either.

Fixmypcmike: Instead of waiting I went and checked, it doesn't help at all. Any other texture is fine, it's just the one texture. The SAV Atlas texture for M4, and it also mucks with the ears. Shakes head.

I also noticed that the ph casual when I apply textures to it, vanishes. It goes to transparency of 1, there's a difuse color and no texture maps of any kind for the hair.

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

I keep checking the DSON category to see if new stuff has been added but they haven't updated it since it went live. I bought a whole lot of stuff on spec thinking they would update it. I sure hope DAZ does it. I wish there was a quicker manual way, but the method just looks too long and involved.
    Love esther

edited December 1969

esther said:
    I keep checking the DSON category to see if new stuff has been added but they haven't updated it since it went live. I bought a whole lot of stuff on spec thinking they would update it. I sure hope DAZ does it. I wish there was a quicker manual way, but the method just looks too long and involved.
    Love esther

Actually, 7 items have been added since it went live. Hopefully it will pick up now that the weekend is over.

edited December 1969

oh oh - does that mean the new items are mixed in with the old items. How will i tell if I already bought something. I was going by the first prom in new releases on the DSON all link. If the new items are mixed in the middle then I am screwed.

edited December 1969

see

DSON_All.jpg
    1087 x 635 - 70K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

esther said:
    oh oh - does that mean the new items are mixed in with the old items. How will i tell if I already bought something. I was going by the first prom in new releases on the DSON all link. If the new items are mixed in the middle then I am screwed.

Are you on a PC?
    The Daz History Manager can look for DSON updates
    http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

edited December 1969

I'm on a mac. This has been such a lot of work for my big spending spree. I don't think I will be able to see what i Have bought already or not.
    I will eventually get that historymanager working on mac I think. I sure wish this wasn't so hard. I'm downloading a lot of daz stuff right now and I remember the days we could just blot out the PC stuff so I would only see the mac download page and the lovely alternate colours of the items making it much easier not to skip a file download.
    I assume daz had their reasons for changing the site, but it has lost so much functionality that I came to depend on, making my shopping experience here very hard work. renderosity is so easy. no installers and just buy what I want and always know what I have bought and can search my previous purchases by date, or name etc.

edited December 1969

I am with you - I loved the changing colours for downloaded stuff.
    And the history on one page.

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    the instruction is not for users that own DS already and that is confusing people
    if someone like to have stuff where they want they need to move everything there and not just runtime
    DSON need DS data also and it have nothing to do with Poser content as we do it on regular basic and I guess there will be more confused people soon ..it is not over .. for me it is as I have to finish my own stuff here :)) so see ya later

Yeah, I came to that conclusion a few pages back.

I can understand what you're saying even if nobody else can!

It'll be another couple of weeks before I get M5 so I'm in no rush for the companion file for Buddy 2 to M5.

CHEERS!

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Sunfire said:
    Sunfire said:
    Mec4D said:

Sunfire said:

Fixmypcmike: Instead of waiting I went and checked, it doesn't help at all. Any other texture is fine, it's just the one texture. The SAV Atlas texture for M4, and it also mucks with the ears. Shakes head.

I also noticed that the ph casual when I apply textures to it, vanishes. It goes to transparency of 1, there's a difuse color and no texture maps of any kind for the hair.

What about subdivision, does turning that off make any difference!?

CHEERS!

• TimoteoTimoteo Posts: 63
    edited December 1969

Go Figure said:
    Very cool stuff DAZ

For those that are getting these dll load failed errors, but are sure they installed right, I think you may want to install one or both of the following and report if it fixes it for you for the benefit of all:
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

THANK YOU GoFigure!!! I downloaded and installed the 64-bit version of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 and it worked like a charm! Thanks so much!

DAZ:

I think you need to update your documentation, and maybe create a sticky noting that C++ 2010 SP1 is a requirement, as I don't currently see that listed.

-Tim

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473
    edited December 1969

Waiting for Genesis Shape of a Woman !! Wondering when it will be here for the Poser Users..

• oz_tanglesoz_tangles Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

The Genesis figure in DAZ Studio supports several different UV mapping options (V4, M5, ...). What is the default UV mapping for the DSON Genesis figure? Will alternative mappings be supported?

edited December 1969

no idea I did not checked , but this may help until then http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

The Genesis figure in DAZ Studio supports several different UV mapping options (V4, M5, ...). What is the default UV mapping for the DSON Genesis figure? Will alternative mappings be supported?
    edited December 1969

efron_24 said:
    Waiting for Genesis Shape of a Woman !! Wondering when it will be here for the Poser Users..

Are you talking about this?
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/genesis-shape-of-a-figure

I don't have them, but as they are dsf and shapes I am assuming they don't need special treatment to work.

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    no idea I did not checked , but this may help until then http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

And thank you very much for this!
    Any chances to get Lycan/Gorilla/Kiyoko too?
    *looks hopeful and pleading*

edited December 1969

I will recommend add the tunic to the scene then conform to genesis, load the morphs from the skript then load the belt and conform to the tunic and apply textures , in Poser you need to select first the BODY of the figure to add the textures with the mat preset clicking just in air will do nothing , the belt is under as it conform to genesis and not the tunic . try again and let me know

Sunfire said:
    Sunfire said:
    Mec4D said:

Sunfire said:

edited December 1969

You welcome I will make the rest of them tomorrow for sure and will add to my store so check out tomorrow

Kerya said:
    Mec4D said:

And thank you very much for this!
    Any chances to get Lycan/Gorilla/Kiyoko too?
    *looks hopeful and pleading*

edited December 1969

You are wonderful! :)

edited October 2012

Sunfire make sure you have this map under the Runtime folder : \Runtime\textures\Catharina_Textures\M5TunicBeltTunic\
    if is missing you will have to re download or copy and paste the the folder M5TunicBeltTunic from previews version you own of the Tunic and paste there , make sure the Runtime folder is together with the data and people folder in one directory in my case My Library
    I checked the mc6 and it point to \Runtime\textures\Catharina_Textures\M5TunicBeltTunic\ so everything just fine

and regarding to the belt you are right , it need to be conform to Genesis and then you run the Transfer all morphs from the script
    layered clothing does not work the way as in DS , but I wonder why as the tunic is a genesis also , however conform it to genesis worked as well only if you use any other shape as base genesis so I learned something again

Sunfire said:

Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

Default is V4. If you want to use an older skin, you can first apply a DSON skin with the appropriate UVmap, e.g. Basic male for the M4 UV.

edited December 1969

I made quick comparison of both software with the same poses and GI, genesis pose and clothing
    there may be difference in the camera but the pose and shapes looks just the same
    I wonder how it looks when use the same HDR light .. need to check out

tunic-pvd.jpg
    1196 x 794 - 187K
    edited December 1969

esther said:

Jay_NOLA's thread has the current versions and posts when there are updates: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3885/

• yannich_ff4dab420dyannich_ff4dab420d Posts: 30
    edited December 1969

DavidGB said:
    Yannich said:
    Some M5 stuff I bought are updated in the store ( Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs, Yolande Hair etc ... ) but not in my downloadable item . Why ? Do I have to buy them one more time ?

Morph packs for Genesis don't need any updating for use with Genesis in Poser - neither to DSON nor Poser companion files, If you were using them before in DS, you don't need to do anything. If you weren't (like a Poser only user), there's just the one trx installer which you point to the same folder that you installed the Genesis Starter Essentials to.

The installtion of Morphs for Genesis simply involves running the installer so it installs a .dsf file for each morph in the data folder (you don't need to worry about the details, just always point the installer to the same folder you installed the Genesis Essentials to). Both DS and the Poser DSON importer just go and look in that data folder, find eveyr morph for Genesis that's in there, and then load Genesis with all those morphs in. No different or extra files for Poser for the morphs.

The hair may not have been updated to DSON format files (I haven't checked), and even if it has, may not have the Poser companion files that are needed for figures, hoirs and props (unlike morphs). If it hasn't got the companion files yet ...

Hang on, I just looked at it in the store. there is a Poser hr2 version, of course, but the Genesis version is listed as .duf, so it doesn't need converting for DSON, it is already. If the companion files for Poser sren't available yet, you can either make them youself in DS OR just use the Dimension3D free DSON loader python script for Poser. Look back a few posts where I answer the question about using the M5 GEns. I give the link t download the Domension3D script and basic instructions.
    AH, Thank you very much . It's very useful .

• info_57dd6462c1info_57dd6462c1 Posts: 0
    edited October 2012

Hi

I have two important questions:

1- I have installed DSON importer for poser and I have observed than genesis character does not import Michael 4 body morphs proportion, ( neither V4 morph ), however in daz 3d studio I have those morphs. Is any way of importing the morphs to DSON genesis poser?

2- Poser Genesis character, does not include IK chain, is possible to activate the IK parameter it?

michael.jpg
    1000 x 534 - 78K
    Post edited by info_57dd6462c1 on
This discussion has been closed.