Carrara Academy for Light of Heaven

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

It's the trajectory of a bullet from a gun to my computer screen.
    Putting a bullet into the screen only stops the info getting to you. To really fix the trouble 4 or 5 rounds into the PC case will do the trick.
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Putting a bullet into the screen only stops the info getting to you. To really fix the trouble 4 or 5 rounds into the PC case will do the trick.
    You've got a good point there.
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

You've got a good point there.

use a shotgun - works all the time

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Jaderail said:
    You've got a good point there.use a shotgun - works all the timeHmm... nope the Ratshot just popped my lights and peppered up my case real good. OH Buckshot!! Why didn't you say that in the first place?

And that's enough Side tracking LOH's thread until we get a giggle out of him.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

But make sure it is at quite close range, or you will damage other things in the room as the shot spreads.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

But make sure it is at quite close range, or you will damage other things in the room as the shot spreads.

Or somebody else. :D

edited December 1969

I went ahead and Dropboxed my scene. It's what I hae saved so far. Maybe it will us figure out what the problem is.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/106879025/splat2.car

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

What is Bullet Physics?

"Bullet" is just the name of the Physics engine,. ...My bad... :(

It was developed some time ago for a game, "Hitman"
    anyway.. the physics engine has been developed further, and the code was made available (Free), so programmers started to use it in 3D software,. like Blender....and now Carrara.

so, it's the code which handles the physics in carrara.

LightofHeaven :)

When you add the point force, it has a positive value,.. which pulls everything into that point, like a black hole.
    so, a negative value will do the opposite,.. and it will force everything away from that point.

in your scene, you have the point force at -100 at frame 0,. then at frame 30 another key as the same value.
    it could be that you've moved the point force slightly at frame 30 and that created the key-frame..
    but, if you want to have the force start a t frame 30,.. set the frame 0 value to 0,. then select the Tweener (the area between two key-frames) and change it to "discreet" instead of linear .
    The "Discreet" tweener will hold the value of the first key-frame ,. until it reaches the next key-frame, so it's a sharp change, like a switch off and on,..

:)

edited December 1969

I just want to know 3D, was your funny bone surgcally removed at some point?

edited December 1969

It dissolved slowly through years of tech support, :)

edited December 1969

3DAGE said:

Oh No. You mean my arthur could be from the Help stuff? I'm doomed!
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited October 2012

Jaderail said:
    I just want to know 3D, was your funny bone surgcally removed at some point?

he has a very dry sense of humerus ;-P %-P

there ARE Carrara in jokes btw!
    if you hang out in this forum long enough you may pick some up.
    a lot involve that legendary book or pdf that is said be coming into existence, . . . . .soon

known as the Carrara 8 manual, if you can read this on the white antiseptic forum, you are one of the enlightened ones or maybe using Firefox with one of those color my site addons, cheater!!!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited October 2012

3DAGE said:

Tech support jokes are awesome though.

And I loved Hitman, and all the other Hitman games. Even the movie wasn't too bad! Had no idea we were using the same physics engine!

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
    edited December 1969

O_O Who said Hitman? I'm a fan!

Does this mean the game was rendered in Carrara? :P

I'm so ready for the new one to be released on November 20.

edited October 2012

It work! It makes a nice looking splat shape on the wall. But it's tricky to use a point force for this though, because you want to stop the blackhole as soon as the softbody sphere goes splat or it just keeps slurping up the ball

It also looks pulled more than thrown. So I'm gonna try the directional force.

EDIT: That did it. I'm feeling smart now.

Post edited by VIArts on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:

Tech Support: "Ok, in the bottom left hand side of the screen, can you see the 'OK' button displayed?"

Customer: "Wow. How can you see my screen from there?"

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    3DAGE said:

Tech Support: "Ok, in the bottom left hand side of the screen, can you see the 'OK' button displayed?"

Customer: "Wow. How can you see my screen from there?"
    "Wait a minute, you want me to shut down my computer by pressing the Start button? What kind of idiot do you take me for?"

Ok, so, seriously for a moment (though no longer, I promise), I am thinking of a render of Genesis in Carrara 8.5 using the Supersuit. I know I can have Carrara 8 and 8.5 installed together, but I haven't installed Carrara 8.5 yet. I assume I simply install it to a different directory, and then probably have to install all my Carrara-specific content again?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

you can add folders to the browser manually
    I actually have C8.1 64 bit installed on my external drive if I need it

edited December 1969

you can add folders to the browser manually
    I actually have C8.1 64 bit installed on my external drive if I need it

Might give it a shot then.
    edited December 1969

You don't have to reinstall stuff to Carrara. Just point your browser to the runtime folder.

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

You don't have to reinstall stuff to Carrara. Just point your browser to the runtime folder.

However there no way to search the runtime files which is a pain. Unless I am missing something.

edited October 2012

You may have to either refresh thed folder via the Carrara browser or restart Carrara. But if this is the 8.5 beta we're talking about, I'm not the one to ask. I just use C8Pro.

Oh...which content are you referring to?

Post edited by VIArts on
    edited December 1969

Got a problem with the 8.5 beta but I don't know if it's a bug or something dumb I'm doing (probably the latter!)... My Genesis content isn't showing up in the Smart Content tab, even though I did install the metadata files. Genesis itself shows up, but none of the clothing/items. Any ideas?

edited October 2012

Hi Barry :)

After you install any new content to DS,. you need to open DS, so that it can update the database with the meta-data before it will show up in Carrara.

then open Carrarra. and the content should be there.

the plan is to have a system where carrara has it's own CMS, and isn't reliant on DS, butt right now it need to have that to work with genesis.

the only other thing that would prevent new stuff showing up in smart content would be if the product wasn't smart.
    EG some V4 clothing, which may be NEW (to you) but isn't smart content yet.

otherwise,.. it should show up in Carrara.

Hope it helps :)

Post edited by 3DAGE on
    edited October 2012

3DAGE said:
    Hi Barry :)

After you install any new content to DS,. you need to open DS, so that it can update the database with the meta-data before it will show up in Carrara.

then open Carrarra. and the content should be there.

the plan is to have a system where carrara has it's own CMS, and isn't reliant on DS, butt right now it need to have that to work with genesis.

the only other thing that would prevent new stuff showing up in smart content would be if the product wasn't smart.
    EG some V4 clothing, which may be NEW (to you) but isn't smart content yet.

otherwise,.. it should show up in Carrara.

Hope it helps :)

I've opened DS many times, but let me make sure I've done it now and edit this with the results.

{edit} - Nope, got nothing. I opened DS and looked at some stuff in there and it seemed ok, but nothing in C8.5. The content that I was looking for included the Genesis Supersuit, which I'm pretty sure is smart content.

I took the liberty of taking a screenie...

C8-5_No_Smart_Content.png
    486 x 596 - 34K
    edited December 1969

HI

the Super-Suit should show up in the default Smart content view,.(see pic). along with the main figures and clothing , but it should also show up in the Files and categories view.

Is the normal Smart content showing up,.. or No smart content at all. anywhere in carrara ?

click for big.

smartSuit.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 262K
    edited December 1969

I had a similar problem once. It ended up being the content wasn't in the right folder.

Maybe you report it as a bug?

edited December 1969

I had a similar problem once. It ended up being the content wasn't in the right folder.

Maybe you report it as a bug?

Content wasn't in the right folder? I installed to default as DS content.

No sign of my suit,

C8-5_No_Smart_Content2.png
    498 x 315 - 33K
    edited December 1969

If you're installing the content to Daz Studio,.
    then opening DS and updating the metadata,. (and the smart content is all visible there)
    then opening Carrara, and there's no smart content visible...
    something isn't right.

edited October 2012

3DAGE said:
    If you're installing the content to Daz Studio,.
    then opening DS and updating the metadata,. (and the smart content is all visible there)
    then opening Carrara, and there's no smart content visible...
    something isn't right.

Some of it doesn't seem to show in smart content on DS4.5 either. I'm reinstalling it to see if it shows. I suspect I've done something stupid.

{edit} - Updating DS4.5 to latest version, reinstalling Supersuit and seeing if that works. No idea why a lot of stuff shows on DS and not on Carrara though. Will hope the reinstallation of DS and the CMS sort that out.

{another edit} - No luck so far, re-importing all my metadata within DS now! Might take a while.

{last edit} - Yep, it's all there now in both DS and Carrara. Time to play!