Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• GRFK DSGN UnlimitedGRFK DSGN Unlimited Posts: 1,036
    edited December 1969

I created the "I:\Runtime" folder because that's the way I understood the friggin directions which I read before I installed anything. So now you're telling me that the runtime folder that DSON should be using to do it's "auto-adapt" bs is the same as where it's installed??? I am so confused. The documentation should say specifically where the stuff needs to be installed and leave the custom install paths to the more advanced users.

David

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

I don;t mean this
    I mean where the Runtime should be ..
    in his case ...

I did not said what you reply about Richard I ask him to install the content to My Library where everything is on his machine , he still have it outside my Library all the core and stuff this way it will never works

Mec4D said:
    C:\Users\dthoward64\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime

that where your runtime should be as you have DS installed there with all the content and not what you wrote
    and that is the issue the core need to go into Runtime , if this is out of the My Library it will not works

No, content should be installed to the folder that holds the Runtime folder rather than to the Runtime folder itself - otherwise you'll end upo with Runtime\Runtime in your path.

edited December 1969

Well glory hallelujah that finally worked. Used the "DSON importer preferences" script and pointed the writable runtime folder to the Poser 9 base folder. Like I said the directions were clear as mud...

David

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

I created the "I:\Runtime" folder because that's the way I understood the friggin directions which I read before I installed anything. So now you're telling me that the runtime folder that DSON should be using to do it's "auto-adapt" bs is the same as where it's installed??? I am so confused. The documentation should say specifically where the stuff needs to be installed and leave the custom install paths to the more advanced users.

David

Yes, I think that is what we're trying to say. The way I see it, DSON was primarily created for Poser users that don't have DS.

The only libraries I think you need are:

C:\Users\dthoward64\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

I:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser 9

CHEERS!

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited December 1969

Well glory hallelujah that finally worked. Used the "DSON importer preferences" script and pointed the writable runtime folder to the Poser 9 base folder. Like I said the directions were clear as mud...

David

Ah, we got there. Hallejuah indeed!

Glad we sorted that out.

There should be separate instructions for those with and without DS.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

what to be confused about
    I answer you about many times when you was not here
    No creating Runtime outside if you have already pre installed Daz content in My Library the stuff you read was for people that don;t installed Daz ever before and starting fresh new installation without DS

copy the runtime from I: into My Library where you find another one already and overwrite it and it is done
    just copy runtime, then select my library and paste and that is , make sure it overwrite the currently runtime so you don;t have duplicate's

you said already that the plugin ask you where is the runtime when you load genesis , you point to it but there are not morph and you ending with troubles .. and later even more when you wont use textures so now you know what to do .

David

edited December 1969

I guess you did this already before , you see finally ...

David

edited December 1969

I'm sorry but I did understand a word that you said. What you said made no sense to me.

David

edited December 1969

the instruction is not for users that own DS already and that is confusing people
    if someone like to have stuff where they want they need to move everything there and not just runtime
    DSON need DS data also and it have nothing to do with Poser content as we do it on regular basic and I guess there will be more confused people soon ..it is not over .. for me it is as I have to finish my own stuff here :)) so see ya later

Rogerbee said:

Ah, we got there. Hallejuah indeed!

Glad we sorted that out.

There should be separate instructions for those with and without DS.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

next time tell me to shut up and not waste 8 hours of my time trying to help you if you don;t understand my Japanese , you could ask Rogerbee for english translation lol but it seems like you not understand anything what people said in the last 10 pages so not only me .

I'm sorry but I did understand a word that you said. What you said made no sense to me.

David

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Okay going to ask this again.

In the conversion tutorials to make non .duf file types .duf files and then make the Poser Companion File, I have found something that leaves me wondering exactly what they mean.

In the converting to the .duf file type, they instruct you to save the file to the folder where the older file is located and then delete the old file without deleting the png file.

Then in the next tutorial the one for making the Poser Companion files, I see this:

Step 2 : Update Metadata

Make sure to update the Metadata by removing the old files from the product and adding the new ones.

Metadata standards have changed recently, so this is the right time to update the Metadata to reflect these new standards.

What does this mean exactly? Does this refer to the saving of the .duf file to the directory and the deletion of the older file? Or what? I'd really like some clarification and better instruction as to what this really means. So far it's the only bit of instruction that leaves me confused as to what it means.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:

In the conversion tutorials to make non .duf file types .duf files and then make the Poser Companion File, I have found something that leaves me wondering exactly what they mean.

In the converting to the .duf file type, they instruct you to save the file to the folder where the older file is located and then delete the old file without deleting the png file.

Then in the next tutorial the one for making the Poser Companion files, I see this:

Make sure to update the Metadata by removing the old files from the product and adding the new ones.

Metadata standards have changed recently, so this is the right time to update the Metadata to reflect these new standards.

What does this mean exactly? Does this refer to the saving of the .duf file to the directory and the deletion of the older file? Or what? I'd really like some clarification and better instruction as to what this really means. So far it's the only bit of instruction that leaves me confused as to what it means.

That's really aimed more at the content creators or DAZ QA people converting products -- if you don't use metadata yourself you don't need to bother with it.

edited December 1969

Sunfire said:

That's really aimed more at the content creators or DAZ QA people converting products -- if you don't use metadata yourself you don't need to bother with it.

And as I asked in the other thread, it says the companion file script needs the information to make the companion file, is this not entirely true?

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited October 2012

Sunfire said:
    Sunfire said:

And as I asked in the other thread, it says the companion file script needs the information to make the companion file, is this not entirely true?

It doesn't need metadata if you select the other option in the Companion File dialog and select what type of file you are converting from the dropdown box (CR2, MC6, etc). It defaults to the metadata but if you select the other option you should be fine. You'll probably have to run the script a few times to properly convert your items (like 1 run for any characters or clothing, then another for any materials)

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited October 2012

companion file script needs the information to know what for conted type it need to create in DS 4.5 .
    when I create my companion file in DS4.5 I can do all at once thanks to the meta data as it know exactly how to convert it correctly and sort it out to the right folders , without meta data you can do it manually one by one .. maybe you confused both tutorial for different stuff, one was manual script that don;t need meta data and the other was automatic in DS4.5 that prefer meta data , but not matter you can still create companion file in both script with or without meta data as male -media said

Sunfire said:
    Sunfire said:

Post edited by MEC4D on
    edited December 1969

Thanks guys. If I can do it manually without having it rely on the metadata, then that's what I'll do even if it is slow. Since thanks to Cath I can easily switch UVs, all I need is to convert one file here, or one file there. So that I can use my genesis Atlas on my genesis in Poser.

Though converting his armor... *shudders* one piece at a time, that will take a while... or maybe not, since they'd all be charachters. Hmm...

edited December 1969

In this case, you will have to go into the clothing folder where is the Armour and convert the all figure files at once selecting in the dialog cr2 figure as type since the materials are in the other folder it will be not affected , after 5 sec later you go to the material folder and manually set the converted files to be mc6 material file , it is easy and fast converting the file
    I just finished my Roman Tunic and Belt upgrade to DUF and DSON , will upload in 1 hour to my server :) and the madness can start resetting all orders lol

Sunfire said:
    Thanks guys. If I can do it manually without having it rely on the metadata, then that's what I'll do even if it is slow. Since thanks to Cath I can easily switch UVs, all I need is to convert one file here, or one file there. So that I can use my genesis Atlas on my genesis in Poser.

Though converting his armor... *shudders* one piece at a time, that will take a while... or maybe not, since they'd all be charachters. Hmm...

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    In this case, you will have to go into the clothing folder where is the Armour and convert the all figure files at once selecting in the dialog cr2 figure as type since the materials are in the other folder it will be not affected , after 5 sec later you go to the material folder and manually set the converted files to be mc6 material file , it is easy and fast converting the file
    I just finished my Roman Tunic and Belt upgrade to DUF and DSON , will upload in 1 hour to my server :) and the madness can start resetting all orders lol

Sunfire said:

I look forward to redownloading the tunic! So I can get my new stuffs.

Now I just have to figure out why the M4 atlas texture makes my genesis atlas snarl or grimace when I render him in Poser. And why my character preset loads genesis and all in Poser.

• IndigoneIndigone Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

This is great news. Can't wait to try it out!!

Indi.

• Mary WilliamsMary Williams Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to post an update (and hope it doesn't get too buried!):

I had V4/M4 Body Shapes for Genesis on an ImagineFX Magazine DVD, rather than purchased through DAZ, and my Support ticket just came through. As long as I had some sort of proof of purchase for the magazine, such as a receipt, the awfully nice lady who responded to my ticket said she could add it to my account. I sent her my annual subscription receipt for that time frame and it was added right away. :D

Thank you for one less worry on my mind, DAZ folks!!!!

edited December 1969

character preset is a figure ACTOR it will load all genesis with the morphs as it is cr2 , what you can do apply the character preset the right Uv's and the atlas maps in DS convert to companion files and it should load in Poser everything at once .
    the same way as it works in DS4.5 , maybe better to use only the shape preset in place of the character , I was not there yet but tomorrow I am going to make Neanderthal Companion files so I will see if this works .

Sunfire said:
    Mec4D said:

Sunfire said:

Now I just have to figure out why the M4 atlas texture makes my genesis atlas snarl or grimace when I render him in Poser. And why my character preset loads genesis and all in Poser.

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    character preset is a figure ACTOR it will load all genesis with the morphs as it is cr2 , what you can do apply the character preset the right Uv's and the atlas maps in DS convert to companion files and it should load in Poser everything at once .
    the same way as it works in DS4.5 , maybe better to use only the shape preset in place of the character , I was not there yet but tomorrow I am going to make Neanderthal Companion files so I will see if this works .

Sunfire said:
    Mec4D said:

Sunfire said:

Hmm... That is an idea.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Cath, while I got your attention.... I'm busy working on morphs pertaining to my huge Bruno + project. Wondering if I need to do anything so that the Poser users can use him. I'm so happy this is happening for everyone finally. I never gave up hope and here we are... little bumpy here and there but for the most part it's really cool to see everyone excited. I really want the Poser community to have my pack to use as well. Esp since there are over 200 morphs I made in the pack and since many of us are on budgets these days might be a way to give a really nice useful gift that EVERYONE can enjoy.

Then there is the issue of the mats.... I guess just save them out as .duff files? Sorry, been sick and trying to work so not looked over the file creation pages....

• estheresther Posts: 608
    edited December 1969

saw a lot of people made Poser version of characters, this will be usable as you can use the Poser shaders and not just the standard DS

it is a free
    http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

Cath

Hey Cath (Mec4D),
    your script works brilliantly!!! thanks so much for this. Love your work,
    Love esther

edited December 1969

You don't have to edit anything , morphs will load with genesis , but you need to make materials and save them as DUF material preset then use DSON then convert them to companion files you will find the option in the content library Tab it is easy and quick 5 sec work

RAMWolff said:
    Cath, while I got your attention.... I'm busy working on morphs pertaining to my huge Bruno + project. Wondering if I need to do anything so that the Poser users can use him. I'm so happy this is happening for everyone finally. I never gave up hope and here we are... little bumpy here and there but for the most part it's really cool to see everyone excited. I really want the Poser community to have my pack to use as well. Esp since there are over 200 morphs I made in the pack and since many of us are on budgets these days might be a way to give a really nice useful gift that EVERYONE can enjoy.

Then there is the issue of the mats.... I guess just save them out as .duff files? Sorry, been sick and trying to work so not looked over the file creation pages....

edited December 1969

you welcome Esther , simple things are beautiful .. and this one saving a lot of work .. as it will be not possible to to update everything .. the best way is to copy and paste the preset into your favorite V4 or m4 material folder no matter pz2 or mc6 it will works by double clicking the UV's before you apply the new textures to genesis

esther said:
    saw a lot of people made Poser version of characters, this will be usable as you can use the Poser shaders and not just the standard DS

it is a free
    http://www.mec4d.com/store/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=86

Cath

Hey Cath (Mec4D),
    your script works brilliantly!!! thanks so much for this. Love your work,
    Love esther

edited December 1969

I put your UV script in my poser genesis folder. I apply it and the figure goes black and then I just find my material pose in one of my other external runtimes and it works beautifully. I have no trouble searching for my other content as I use a python utility by semidieu called advanced library manager.
    Love esther

edited December 1969

that is even better way to do i guess :) everything under hand . the figure goes black as it rest everything and load new UV's of your choice on genesis , I am for plan to make some Poser sets only and I need it to make it work as native poser materials don't support save uv's info and it is handy , I will do in couple days also for Hitomi, Gorilla and the rest of them what was left over so it can be used in Poser also, I believe Stephanie 4 used v4 textures right ? but not sure about Hiro3-4 M4 textures?

esther said:
    I put your UV script in my poser genesis folder. I apply it and the figure goes black and then I just find my material pose in one of my other external runtimes and it works beautifully. I have no trouble searching for my other content as I use a python utility by semidieu called advanced library manager.
    Love esther
    edited December 1969

Yes S4 used V4 as she is a morph of V4, and H4 is a morph of M4 so can take the textures.

edited December 1969

I'm happily downloading the updated roman tunic now.

Still have no clue why an M4 texture would cause genesis to snarl or grimace when applied and rendered though. Weird weird weird.

This discussion has been closed.