Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• Mary WilliamsMary Williams Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

Paris_K said:
    Thanx to everyone for all your help! unfrtunately now that i got the content manager problem solved having yet again another conflict, i get my clothing exported as poser content, when i try to load in Poser 2012 it goes thru loading process but shows up invisable in Poser? Not getting this, lol, help is very much appriciated, i'm sure its something simple that im just over looking, I'm very sorry for bothering everyone with my problems. the cr2 loads and it says the clothing is there ( the name is present) just cant see it newhere

Paris, I missed your earlier posts, but did you ever point your Poser library at your DS Content folder that you installed the "Genesis Starter Essentials TRX" to, as well as the Runtime you installed "Genesis Starter Essentials for Poser" to?

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    edited October 2012

Mec4D said:
    Thanks,I will upload tonight all Poser Companion files to my website for all new products , you will find the link or under the product pages or in the forum under UPDATES so please check in tonight ...
    I tested yesterday all files and seems like working just perfect
    Cath

Great, something to look forward to!

Mec4D said:
    Yes,that is correct, load genesis to the scene dial the morph you like or not , then switch the UVs to M4 and you can load your old Poser Eli materials without any updates straight on, if you wont to use V4 materials, just switchto V4 UVs it will clear the model from everything and you are ready for next it is easy , as I really wanna skip converting everything it is much easy and the best thing you will keep actual Poser shaders what DS can't give you so it is must have for now !

Excellent, that means I could also use Syyd Raven's Vanilla Sky textures on V5, and Natasza, Miss Wendy and Mamita too of course!
    Genesis has become exciting now!

you have no idea how happy I am about after using Poser 14 years and see things coming ans going now finally we are a one family again as it was in the beginning they should do it a long time ago ..I switched to DS for a while as my customers and clients switched mostly also as they was interested in models and not just a software but now it is total new era and more great stuff will come from all of us as people get more creative again !

Just the way things always should have been. You do have to ask though....

WHAT TOOK SO LONG!?

CHEERS!

PS (We need multi quote on here!)

Post edited by Rogerbee on
  • edited December 1969

um.... i dont think so, as im not sure what you mean by point to? lol, sorry

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249
    edited December 1969

BTW there is a new version of DSON
    if you have any problems loading morph please update

the last file are
    DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win64.exe ( for my system )

if you have different build installed make sure to update as the first installation created problems with the morphs
    it may help

edited October 2012

Paris_K said:
    Thanx to everyone for all your help! unfrtunately now that i got the content manager problem solved having yet again another conflict, i get my clothing exported as poser content, when i try to load in Poser 2012 it goes thru loading process but shows up invisable in Poser? Not getting this, lol, help is very much appriciated, i'm sure its something simple that im just over looking, I'm very sorry for bothering everyone with my problems. the cr2 loads and it says the clothing is there ( the name is present) just cant see it newhere

Where have you installed your clothing? It sounds to me as though you need to install the clothing in the same library as you installed Genesis.

A rule of thumb would seem to be, if it's for Genesis, install it where Genesis is.

CHEERS!

EDIT: Your problem could also mean that you forgot to download and install the DSON Genesis core content.

edited December 1969

Mec4D said:

the last file are

if you have different build installed make sure to update as the first installation created problems with the morphs
    it may help

Thanks for the heads up, mine is the latest one.

CHEERS!

edited October 2012

DSON Importer for Poser - Genesis Starter Essentials - Poser Companion –PC
    DSON Importer for Poser - Genesis Starter Essentials - DSON Core - PC

make sure you have the last versions
    you may have the first DSON Importer for Poser - DSON Importer for Poser - Win that was updated already see my last entry

So which file of the 3 we had to download is the one that should install to the "My library" folder?

DSON Importer for Poser - DSON Importer for Poser - Win32

My Poser runtime is on a separate hard drive: I:\Program Files\e frontier\Poser 7\Runtime

I pointed my Poser 9 SR3 to that runtime because I didnt want to have to move everything to the P9 Runtime.

David

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • edited December 1969

Mec4D said:

the last file are

it may help

this is the same as the 32bit version I downloaded friday & still stuck on libraries freeze

edited October 2012

greyson5 said:

this is the same as the 32bit version I downloaded friday & still stuck on libraries freeze

Have you got the latest version of Poser 9, as in the SR3!? DSON only works with the SR3 versions of both Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012.

Checking Flash is up to date can't hurt either.

CHEERS!

• edited December 1969

im not sure what you mean really, i installed the starter essential trx file to my daz studio directories that wer loaded in default, Content Path: C:/Users/London/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library
    DAZ Studio 4.x Files Path: C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4
    DAZ Studio 4.x Files Path (x64): C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4

and the poser files to...C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Downloads

running windows 7 btw

edited December 1969

I removed everything manually before installation as it always messing with my system

check the build number of all downloads so you are sure they match ..

here once again

DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win32.exe or 64 for

bellow go to My Library
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6_dpc.exe
    14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.exe

greyson5 said:
    Mec4D said:

the last file are

it may help

edited December 1969

DSON Importer Plugin into Poser relative path

there is not content for Poser native Runtime all content go to My Library that will be your new Runtime after you ad it in Poser

Paris_K said:
    im not sure what you mean really, i installed the starter essential trx file to my daz studio directories that wer loaded in default, Content Path: C:/Users/London/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library

and the poser files to...C:\Users\Public\Documents\Poser Pro 2012 Content\Downloads

running windows 7 btw

edited December 1969

Paris_K said:

running windows 7 btw

Did you download and install this file?:

If not, that's the problem.

CHEERS!

• edited December 1969

Rogerbee said:
    greyson5 said:

Have you got the latest version of Poser 9, as in the SR3!? DSON only works with the SR3 versions of both Poser 9 and Poser Pro 2012.

CHEERS!

latest version of poser 9 sr3, latest version of dson , flash uptodate & still library freeze

the only workround involes having poserpro 2012 at the moment, DAZ say they know what caused it , but am still waiting on a fix

edited December 1969

Oh, right,

I guess they must be working on something. I switched to PP2012 ages ago.

CHEERS!

edited December 1969

I hear about that and they working on that ..

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    Rogerbee said:
    greyson5 said:

CHEERS!

latest version of poser 9 sr3, latest version of dson , flash uptodate & still library freeze

the only workround involes having poserpro 2012 at the moment, DAZ say they know what caused it , but am still waiting on a fixWell we have an idea on a fix. Since we can't replicate it here we are relying on a couple of off site testers to see if what we think fixed it, actually fixed it. Then we have to test the importer to make sure we didn't break anything else with the fix. Here in Utah is is 9:22am on a Monday Morning :)

Sorry my wand is in Olivander's for its annual maintenance. :)

edited December 1969

So which file of the 3 we had to download is the one that should install to the "My library" folder?

DSON Importer for Poser - DSON Importer for Poser - Win32

My Poser runtime is on a separate hard drive: I:\Program Files\e frontier\Poser 7\Runtime

I pointed my Poser 9 SR3 to that runtime because I didnt want to have to move everything to the P9 Runtime.

David

Windows treats folders named "Program Files" and "Program Files (x86)" as a special case. They are not writeable so can't be used for this plug-in.
  • edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    Rogerbee said:
    greyson5 said:

CHEERS!

the only workround involes having poserpro 2012 at the moment, DAZ say they know what caused it , but am still waiting on a fixWell we have an idea on a fix. Since we can't replicate it here we are relying on a couple of off site testers to see if what we think fixed it, actually fixed it. Then we have to test the importer to make sure we didn't break anything else with the fix. Here in Utah is is 9:22am on a Monday Morning :)

I appreciate the effort & the time difference, But you've got me sitting on a fence wondering is its worth picking up a load of genesis items while a sale is on, which I've been told ends today !!

edited December 1969

Paris_K said:
    um.... i dont think so, as im not sure what you mean by point to? lol, sorry

When you open up Poser, there should be an icon like this in the library:

http://screencast.com/t/vLv3lFagjSfe

Click on that icon (a folder with a + and a person on it), and add the DS directory that you installed Genesis Starter Essentials TRX.

According to the User Guide wiki, Poser needs that directory, and the directory that you installed Genesis Starter Essentials Poser to, added to the Poser library. Poser's got to know where to find stuff, too! :D

edited October 2012

thee libraries in Poser2012 are very drag and slow also after the installation including the posing in view port , the rotation not so this have nothing to do with open gl or flash as I have all updates on my i7 and DS run like hot butter
    it did not freeze anything but showing not normal behavior after .. I can work with that for now but would be great if someone check on it

greyson5 said:
    Rogerbee said:
    greyson5 said:

CHEERS!

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • legolielegolie Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I had the problem of the library freeze with Poser Pro and it's due to the preferences : go to the preferences, tab "library", one must check "External" and not "Embedded".
    That way the library is floating, I don't like it but at leat it no longer freezes ...

edited December 1969

legolie said:
    I had the problem of the library freeze with Poser Pro and it's due to the preferences : go to the preferences, tab "library", one must check "External" and not "Embedded".
    That way the library is floating, I don't like it but at leat it no longer freezes ...
    Poser 9 doesn't have that option.
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

Paris_K said:

running windows 7 btw

Trying to help so please forgive my relative ignorance of DAZ Studio setup.

Do you have the rest of your content installed to .....Studio4? My default path is Studio without the 4 at the end. The only things in the Studio4 folder are some Reality files. Just something to check.

edited December 1969

that is a good trick .. I will check out if this work for me with poserpro2012

legolie said:
    edited October 2012

studio is correct for the data and content no studio4

Haruchai said:
    Paris_K said:

running windows 7 btw

Trying to help so please forgive my relative ignorance of DAZ Studio setup.

Do you have the rest of your content installed to .....Studio4? My default path is Studio without the 4 at the end. The only things in the Studio4 folder are some Reality files. Just something to check.

Post edited by MEC4D on
  • edited October 2012

thats true didnt even think about that, im reinstalling now
    wouldn't that be the right place tho as its the program files folder and not the my library folder? not sure just asking, its what the installer had as the default. i really dont know.

Post edited by paris100283_fd1eb8feae on
  • HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited October 2012

Paris_K said:
    thats true didnt even think about that, im reinstalling now
    wouldn't that be the right place tho as its the program files folder and not the my library folder? not sure just asking, its what the installer had as the default. i really dont know.

In Win7 my default path is C:/Users/John/My Documents/DAZ3D/Studio/My Library

Obviously the John is the folder path on my PC only.

The Program Files might be saved from when you installed the main program.

Post edited by Haruchai on
    edited December 1969

Mec4D said:
    that is a good trick .. I will check out if this work for me with poserpro2012

legolie said:

Think positively! Now you can Alt-Tab back and forth between your library and Poser, and you have even more screen space for the preview window!!! :D

If you really miss having your library always visible, there's an option in the External Library that says "Always on Top" that you can check, too.

http://screencast.com/t/x0aCffaCi3r

Got a question, though. I haven't been having the slowdown problems, but then I primarily build in Lit Wireframe display mode. Does fiddling with your display settings help the slowdowns at all?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Cath is right. When DAZ Studio 4 hit the market last year DAZ was making a folder in My Documents> DAZ 3D called Studio4 and then made on called just Studio. I think they are not using the Studio4 folder any longer. A few merchants are still catching up with this but DAZ3D is installing only to Studio, not Studio4 so forget about that. All I did was grab all the useful content from the Studio4 folder and drag and dropped it into the Studio folder and deleted the Studio4 folder to keep from getting myself confused. So if anyone is installing these Poser files to the Studio4 folder.... I don't think it's going to fly right. Don't know for sure but just forget that older setup. Just use this path: ...\Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library

This discussion has been closed.