Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    dracorn said:

Lin For Genesis 2

Faertara Outfit - which is far prettier than it looks in the thumbnails I might add

Romance Hair With Slosh's lovely UHT2 Hair Studio

FW's Iray Gobo's

I stopped the render at 81% because it was just hanging.  and it crashed once at 80% already so I will probably try and run it all the way through another day.

I really like those gobos, nice touch. 

May I suggest, before you do your next render, add a rim light (or side light) from the left.  An outline of a contrasting color to the blue (yellow or orange) would bring even more drama to this dramatic render.  Also it would bring her face out from a piece that has very similar value throughout.

Thank you!  I will most definitely see what I can do. I may have to set that up manually because the pre made rim lights I tried washed things out too much and I lost the subtle play on her skin.

edited July 2016

Lluvia Gen 2

Nimue Hair

Aether Outfit

Elven Staff

Gaurdian.jpg
    800 x 1294 - 1M
    Lluvia No Background.png
    800 x 1294 - 823K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited July 2016

Lucille -G2F

Lucille Retro Bikini

Skies of Iradiance

Lakeside Folly

Might try rotating the dome a bit to see if I can get rid of that shadow at the bottom.  Wish there was a way to preview that.  I know I can change it from texture shaded but once there is a certain amount of stuff in the scene it really bogs things down. A lot.

Sunset.png
    800 x 1294 - 1M
  • TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Might try rotating the dome a bit to see if I can get rid of that shadow at the bottom.  Wish there was a way to preview that.  I know I can change it from texture shaded but once there is a certain amount of stuff in the scene it really bogs things down. A lot.

Are you still working solely on a laptop?  

I've found that with the Iray preview, once the scene has been loaded into memory, rotating the dome or changing lights doesn't cause a large re-render time.  On the other hand, I'm working on a tower with a GTX 970 in it.....

No I'm on the pc, the laptop is headed for the repair shop... the pc usually does a pretty good job (nothing usually takes more than an hour or two, usually less than 45 min if its comoplicated although I haven't run winterblack hall yet lol) I just tend to be very impatient. Not sure what my specs are but I have a Nvidea gforce 745 video card which came with the computer ( I bought this in May of 2015 before I discovered Daz Studio lol) and 16 gb or Ram.  I should probably stick some more memory in it pretty soon....

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

So, are they actually going to be able to fix the laptop?

They seem to think so.  I'll know for sure once I get it over there.  The guy I talked to seemed to understand what the problem was when I described what was going on and didn't seem to think it would be terribly expensive.  I have to work overtime next week but hopefully I can run it up next saturday or the following week.

On the tower - if the 745 has 4GB of memory then I'd look at adding more memory to the system.  If it only has 2GB, then it'll be much better to get a 4GB card as opposed to increasing system memory.

Also - one thing that I just encountered....I was using Sugar for V4 (that I picked up in the July 4th V4 sale).  It's got a whole bunch of different surfaces.  It was taking the Iray view a long time to render - and then I started converting the surfaces to Iray Uber and the interactive view got a whole lot faster.  I think I remember someone mentioning the inefficiency in making Iray autoconvert shaders on every render, and that it would be faster to convert them to Iray Uber to avoid that inefficiency.  I don't know if you'd already done that with the bikini and/or Lakeside Folly.

How do I find out what part of the memory the 745 has?  Where do I look to find out?

edited July 2016

Oh and I usually just automatically change everything over with the uber Iray shader right away it just makes life easier.  I just found out about the Iray preview a couple of weeks ago so I am still figuring out what and how it works and the best way to use it as well.

How do I find out what part of the memory the 745 has?  Where do I look to find out?

Right click on your desktop, and open the NVIDIA Control Panel.  In the bottom left corner, there's a link that says "System Information".  Click on your graphics card, and look for the detailed entry for "Dedicated Video Memory"

edited July 2016

4096mb ddr3? So I'm guessing I should pick up another card?  Does that just slide into a slot like a regular memory card? I've put more memory cards into pcs in the past.

memory bandwith 28gb

cuda cores 384 ?

I honestly rarely have anything take very long to finish so I haven't been terribly concerned but if its not super expensive I would certainly consider it.

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871
    edited July 2016

4096mb ddr3? So I'm guessing I should pick up another card?  Does that just slide into a slot like a regular memory card? I've put more memory cards into pcs in the past.

memory bandwith 28gb

cuda cores 384 ?

I honestly rarely have anything take very long to finish so I haven't been terribly concerned but if its not super expensive I would certainly consider it.

wow ..   like your renders, wonder   how many you would be posting a  day  if you had something like mine

memory - 6144 MB GDDR5

Memory Bandwidth - 336.48 GB/s

CUDA Cores - 2816

Post edited by XaatXuun on

memory bandwith 28gb

cuda cores 384 ?

That's a 4GB card.  That's usually enough for most renders, unless you've got a big scene.  

You certainly could upgrade to a faster card with more cores; it would speed things up a bit.  16GB of RAM for the system should be enough also.

XaatXuun said:

memory bandwith 28gb

cuda cores 384 ?

wow ..   like your renders, wonder   how many you would be posting a  day  if you had something like mine

memory - 6144 MB GDDR5

Memory Bandwidth - 336.48 GB/s

CUDA Cores - 2816

Thank you!   and probably a lot lol.  I absolutely can't justify another machine since this one is still what I would consider new.

And thanks Tabasco Jack for having a look its nice to know its doing okay and that if I absolutely have to I can boost it a bit.  I don't think its really necessary for what I am doing now, and it won't kill me continue to practice a bit of patience either.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Wow, you#ve been so busy! I've been not as present as I usually am as there was rather much RL going on and like that there are a ton of new renders from you. I especially like that elf Lady with the "aquarellic" kind of background.

Thank you!  Yes, I've been a busy girl lol.  I totally understand that pesky real life getting in the way lol.  Mine has settled a tiny bit but if past experience is any indication the down time will be minimal.   I've finally starting do more post work, I really wanted to get at least a semi good grasp on the studio side of things before I started adding post work, I was afraid I wouldn't put as much effort into solving any issues if I allowed myself to think "oh, I can just fix it in postwork".  I wanted to have a somewhat reasonable grasp on what is and is not possible inside of studio and a head start on the learning curve before I went in and started playing with the post work.  I still want to take things as far as I can inside studio so I can keep learning all the tricks of the trade so to speak and then finish with post work.  But I just couldn't resist playing in photo shop any longer...

edited July 2016

Zaya - Randomizer character with skin builder skin and make up.

Jepe's Cosmic FlameZ

Vidal Braids with UTH2 Color

Swamp Witch Outfit

Very nice, Sonja!  She looks like a great character.

Thank you!  I am going to need to work on some kind of a story to keep using her.  I'm not very good at story writing though.  Much better at reading them lol.

Thank you!  I am going to need to work on some kind of a story to keep using her.  I'm not very good at story writing though.  Much better at reading them lol.

I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something!

I'm sure you'll be able to come up with something!

Lets hope lol.

edited July 2016

Same render I just tried out the DA Real World Lighting for nightime.

Zaya In The Dark.png
    632 x 1024 - 434K

That's interesting.  I think Jepe's effect glow a little more with it being so dark.  I have those light presets on my wishlist, but I haven't broken down and gotten them yet.  It was tempting when they were in fast grab, but I just couldn't justify spending any more this month and maybe not next month either.  You'll have to let me know how you like them.  They use the latitude and longitude settings for the Sun & Sky, don't they?

Yes they do.  Everyone who I have talked to really likes them.  So far super easy to use but I will know more when I use them a bit more.  They were on my wishlist since almost the very beginning although I've severely tightened my budget as I just can't spend as much for awhile.  (like I don't have enough to play with as it is) I've been really good this month so far and I still had my coupon which helped.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Really like that last one Sonja, the DA lights really give it that extra punch.  I recently got them also but haven't tried them yet, hopefully soon

Kharma said:

Really like that last one Sonja, the DA lights really give it that extra punch.  I recently got them also but haven't tried them yet, hopefully soon

Thanks Kharma!  I think they will definitely be useful and there are a lot of nice options that come with it.

edited July 2016

Kari for Josie 6 applied to the base Gen2 Female since I don't actually have Josie 6.

Cinna Hair

Relaxation Porch by Inlite Studios (this was a freebie, really nice has an interior and exterior with a pool etc. but its mostly one piece so no re arranging and no adding or changing the textures.  But it is a beautiful set.)

Summer Afternoon.png
    632 x 1024 - 1012K

It looks nice.  I've gotten a few things from them, but I haven't actually rendered anything out yet.  Quick question, when you import a freebie like that where it is a .obj, do you save it as a .duf file for future use or do you import each time?  I'm just curious because, usually, I've just save .obj that I import into a scene file for future use.  But, I just imported my Blender models into DS and then figured out how to save the objects as .duf file and it was much easier than I thought it would be.

It looks nice.  I've gotten a few things from them, but I haven't actually rendered anything out yet.  Quick question, when you import a freebie like that where it is a .obj, do you save it as a .duf file for future use or do you import each time?  I'm just curious because, usually, I've just save .obj that I import into a scene file for future use.  But, I just imported my Blender models into DS and then figured out how to save the objects as .duf file and it was much easier than I thought it would be.

This one came all packaged up and ready to go for Studio.  Some of the other obj. files I have I just imported then saved.

This discussion has been closed.