Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ahh the virtual c++ worked like a charm!!

Ok,, now I need Mavka for genesis hehe :D:D

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

I have a question do I need to have DS installed? I did have DS4 advanced installed at one time but no longer do so I have no base Genesis figure to play with once I install this bad boy, girl...um whatevah LOL!!!

Thanks!

No you don't have to have DS Installed :) The starter content comes in the Essentials Files that come with the importer :)

• edited December 1969

I confirm that DSON works fine in my Poser Pro 2012 SR3.1 64-bit version.

I did a render using genesis.

wassup_IP.jpg
    640 x 480 - 203K
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    Everything installed OK, I load up genesis, BUT then I cant access any other libraries, pose props etc

I already tried turning off the subdivison, to no effect

am I the only one having this problem

any advice

No there is another person having the same issue though I am not sure on the solution. Maybe DAZ_Spooky can help with this one :)

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

5) Did you download and install the right installers? You will need to install:

DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win32 - Use this for 64 Bit or 32 Bit Poser 9 or 32 Bit Poser Pro 2012

There is no 64 bit Poser 9.

You might also want to put this in a stickied thread instead of having to repeat it over and over :)

• Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited October 2012

I managed to download and install all the files, including the update to Daz Studio 4.5.1.6. I am on Win 7 64-bit and have Poser Pro 2012 SR 3. as for the DSON install, I let the installers go to the default locations and have the following DSON folders:

DSON - C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Run Time\Geometries

dson - C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Run Time\Python

DSON - C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Run Time\Python\poserScripts

GenesisStarterEssentials .dsx, .dsa, & .jpg - C:\Users\Owner\My Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library\Run Time\Support

GenesisStarterEssentials .dsx, .dsa, & ,jpg - C:\Users\Owner\My Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library\Run Time\Support

In Poser Pro 2012, I have the My Library folder mapped.

Genesis loads fine although it seems to take forever (even after the initial load) and this is what I end up with when I apply the Lana texture - did I not do the installation correctly?

Just on the chance the image doesn't upload, here's the link:

http://www.emaycreations.net/GenesisLanaPoser.jpg

As you can see, the texture is off and there are some strange white blocks.

GenesisLanaPoser.jpg
    419 x 500 - 39K
    Post edited by Mari-Anne on
  • dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited October 2012

Isikol said:
    Gregorius said:
    Darn. It seems I'm the only one who's still having DLL problems. As I asked before, should I try uninstalling previous versions of Visual C++ Redistributable?

you are not the only one...i m still having problems in my laptop!!! im not sure if its a daz problem...i think it has something to do with some updates from microsoft...

GoFigure found the answer earlier.

For those that are getting these dll load failed errors, but are sure they installed right, I think you may want to install one or both of the following and report if it fixes it for you for the benefit of all:
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

Since the required files are included in DS, I missed this.

There are actually up to 3 dll errors people seam to be getting:
    1) DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
    2) DLL load failed: Macho something but wrong architecture(only on Mac)
    3) DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

If you are getting #1, then almost for certain the dzdsonimporter.pyd file did not make it to the right spot. Most likely it was installed to the your content runtime as opposed to your actual Poser executable Runtime.
    For me, the correct spot for the dzdsonimporter.pyd file is:
    - C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\Runtime\Python\addons\dson
    So reinstall the Importer to the Runtime that is right next to the PoserPro.exe excutable, for me that is
    - C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2012\

#2 only happens on Mac, install the other version of the importer in regards to 32 vs 64 bit.

#3 is either a corrupted dll(not likely), using an older version of Poser(not likely), or not having the Visual Studio 2010 SP1 runtime (most likely). Install one or both of the following:

Post edited by dtamm on
  • KatherineKatherine Posts: 326
    edited October 2012

araneldon said:
    5) Did you download and install the right installers? You will need to install:

DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win32 - Use this for 64 Bit or 32 Bit Poser 9 or 32 Bit Poser Pro 2012

There is no 64 bit Poser 9.

You might also want to put this in a stickied thread instead of having to repeat it over and over :)

Just a reminder. The DSON Importer Documentation will step you through all of this as well. :)

Reposting for those who don't have the link.

Kat

Post edited by Katherine on
  • foxyladyfoxylady Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:
    HELP PLEASE

I did not come to the forums yesterday and I am so far behind on what is going on, it is pathetic. I need to read every post in this thread because there is a lot of great information in here on installing etc.

What I need help on is my cart. Right now, I have the Genesis Starter Bundle, M5 Starter Bundle and V5 Starter Bundle in my cart. Will this be enough to get me started with getting everything working in Poser? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

If I wait and read all the posts, the sale will be over and I will still be reading.

Thank you so much Daz. This was great news and I really appreciate the effort that made this possible. This Poser user could not be happier.

Will I be okay with these three? Anyone?

• JoePublicJoePublic Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Has anyone an idea how to fix the messed up scaling ?

Hate to say it, but with broken single axis scaling and no (direct) access to the moveable joint centers, Genesis is pretty much pointless.

PoserPro 2012 SR3, DSON exporter installed.

V4 vs Genesis.

Shin and thigh = Y-Scale-120%,

Foot and toe = Scale -140%

I'd really like to start working with Genesis, but I need a way to change the default proportions.

As Genesis obviously can change from child to male to female via the animateable joint centers, is there a way to access that functionality manually ?

Genesis_scaling.jpg
    1016 x 596 - 30K
    edited December 1969

foxylady said:
    foxylady said:
    HELP PLEASE

I did not come to the forums yesterday and I am so far behind on what is going on, it is pathetic. I need to read every post in this thread because there is a lot of great information in here on installing etc.

What I need help on is my cart. Right now, I have the Genesis Starter Bundle, M5 Starter Bundle and V5 Starter Bundle in my cart. Will this be enough to get me started with getting everything working in Poser? Does anyone have any other suggestions?

If I wait and read all the posts, the sale will be over and I will still be reading.

Thank you so much Daz. This was great news and I really appreciate the effort that made this possible. This Poser user could not be happier.

Will I be okay with these three? Anyone?

As long as http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dson-importer-for-poser is in your cart as well, then yes, you should be good to go. That is the most important piece. The rest is extra and not required.

Kat

edited October 2012

Mari-Anne said:
    I managed to download and install all the files, including the update to Daz Studio 4.5.1.6. I am on Win 7 64-bit and have Poser Pro 2012 SR 3. as for the DSON install, I let the installers go to the default locations and have the following DSON folders:

GenesisStarterEssentials .dsx, .dsa, & .jpg - C:\Users\Owner\My Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library\Run Time\Support

GenesisStarterEssentials .dsx, .dsa, & ,jpg - C:\Users\Owner\My Documents\Daz 3D\Studio\My Library\Run Time\Support

Genesis loads fine although it seems to take forever (even after the initial load) and this is what I end up with when I apply the Lana texture - did I not do the installation correctly?

It looks like the UV Set didn't change. Did you make sure to install both Core and PoserCF (companion files)? It should have a .py file riding next to your material file if you have everything. This is needed for Poser to use the correct UV set.

Kat

Post edited by Katherine on
  • ISIKOLISIKOL Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

dtamm said:

#3 is either a corrupted dll(not likely), using an older version of Poser(not likely), or not having the Visual Studio 2010 SP1 runtime (most likely). Install one or both of the following:

im having this problem and i still haven't find a solution to this...

a)i completely removed poser and reinstalled it with sr3.1
    b) i installed both c++ updates
    c) i used the correct dson 64bit installer
    d) my windows are 64bit and fully updated and checked for missing updates...

im an expert when it comes to pc...but darn, i can't figure this out...

edited December 1969

Isikol said:
    dtamm said:

What version of Poser? 9 or 2012?

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    Everything installed OK, I load up genesis, BUT then I cant access any other libraries, pose props etc

any advice

I have been unable to reproduce this. Can I talk you into filing a bug at http:\\bugs.daz3d.com in the DSON Importer for Poser Project. Either I or a member of my team will need more information so we can figure this one out.

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:

Wrong UV set is applied to Genesis. (I have done this myself before. :) ) What UV set is the texture designed for?

If you apply the Basic Female to Genesis then it will not only apply the texture set but also switch to V4's UV set to Genesis. Basic Male = M4. Basic Child = K4. Michael 5 will give you M5's UV's, Victoria 5 will give you V5's UV's, etc.

• dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited October 2012

JoePublic said:
    Has anyone an idea how to fix the messed up scaling ?

Hate to say it, but with broken single axis scaling and no (direct) access to the moveable joint centers, Genesis is pretty much pointless.

Short answer, it is being worked and is likely to be fixed fairly soon.

Long answer is:

Scaling is one of the most complex beasts in Poser. That being said, most will notice that very few of the morphs for Genesis actually use scaling to move the vertices. In fact hardly any do, which is why freak, troll, gorilla, etc all work perfectly.

Artist used to
    - take the base, call it mesh A
    - move the vertices around to get what their morph should look like(call it mesh B)
    - if A required the joint centers to move then it does not bend right so do the following:
    -- scale the bones to get the joint centers to the right place, but now mesh A is changed.
    -- do some fancy inversing out what the scale did to A and apply it to B, call this mesh C

So now mesh A -> scaled for different joint centers -> apply C -> yields pretty close to mesh B(the intended result)

Now, the better way is to
    - take the base, call it mesh A
    - move the vertices around to get what their morph should look like(call it mesh B)
    - move the joint centers to where they are suppose to be as part of the morph.

The moving joint centers was pretty ground breaking when Daz Studio 4 released, but now I wonder why it took so long and why every 3d package does not support it.

Post edited by dtamm on
  • cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think I've read most of this thread and I still have a question. Well, I want to confirm what I'm thinking, lol

This importer will import the Genesis figures/morphs ect, but not the clothing. For that I'd still have to use DS4.5xx. Is that correct?

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited October 2012

Isikol said:
    dtamm said:

All the same here, except for part (a). I tried installing both C++ updates. I used the 64-bit DSON installer for my 64-bit Poser Pro 2012, and just a couple days ago, my computer rebooted itself overnight (much to my chagrin, 'cause it was in the middle of a long render) in order to install the latest updates. My only reservation is that Smith Micro only displays one SR3 download for Windows, and nothing in the file itself tells me whether it's 64- or 32-bit.

Would someone please answer my question about previous Visual C++ versions? If I know it's safe, that'll at least be one more option I can try. Also, does it help at all to know that 64-bit DS4 has never worked on my 64-bit machine? When I try to start it up, I get "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)." 32-bit DS4 works fine, though. I don't really care about that, since I rarely use DS, but I'm putting it out there in case it might help figure out what's going on with DSON.

Post edited by Gregorius on
  • edited December 1969

greyson5 said:

any advice

I have been unable to reproduce this. Can I talk you into filing a bug at http:\\bugs.daz3d.com in the DSON Importer for Poser Project. Either I or a member of my team will need more information so we can figure this one out.

Thanks.

Request #115215

already posted 4 hours & no reply

• edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:

any advice

Thanks.

Request #115215

I want directly to http:\\bugs.daz3d.com & it says" Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect"

WHAT !!

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:

Wrong UV set is applied to Genesis. (I have done this myself before. :) ) What UV set is the texture designed for?

If you apply the Basic Female to Genesis then it will not only apply the texture set but also switch to V4's UV set to Genesis. Basic Male = M4. Basic Child = K4. Michael 5 will give you M5's UV's, Victoria 5 will give you V5's UV's, etc.

I see what you mean about V4's UV set being applied to Genesis. However, I'm mystified. I thought the Lana Simple texture was intended for Genesis?? It works fine if I apply it in Daz Studio 4.5.

I get roughly the same strange result in Poser if I use the Parameters dials to change Genesis to a V4 morph

• NetherworksNetherworks Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

Well... finally got it to load non-invisibly.

Tell me how this makes sense...

- I completely uninstalled DS 4.5
    - I reset my Poser prefs.
    - I installed all 3 Poser Genesis files into the MAIN Poser Installation folder (backed the whole thing up first)

So... LOL wow. :D

• wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited December 1969

cimaira said:
    I think I've read most of this thread and I still have a question. Well, I want to confirm what I'm thinking, lol

This importer will import the Genesis figures/morphs ect, but not the clothing. For that I'd still have to use DS4.5xx. Is that correct?

Genesis clothing works fine in Poser with genesis
    Gen4 clothing needs DS4.5 to be converted with autofit and to get into the duf format

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

No. It will import any clothes in .duf format. We are converting clothing as quickly as we can. If you have an outfit you want, but has not been converted yet, you will need DAZ Studio 4.5, but any from that DSON ready category are ready to go and do not need DAZ Studio.

cimaira said:

• edited December 1969

Well... finally got it to load non-invisibly.

Tell me how this makes sense...

- I completely uninstalled DS 4.5
    - I reset my Poser prefs.
    - I installed all 3 Poser Genesis files into the MAIN Poser Installation folder (backed the whole thing up first)

So... LOL wow. :D

I was also having the invisible Genesis loading up in Poser, but all I had to do was to install both companion packages in the same folder, and then add it to Poser as an external runtime. Before this I was having it installed in 2 different directories.

That has fixed the issue for me. ^________^

edited December 1969

Mari-Anne said:

It looks like the UV Set didn't change. Did you make sure to install both Core and PoserCF (companion files)? It should have a .py file riding next to your material file if you have everything. This is needed for Poser to use the correct UV set.

Kat

I am pretty sure I installed the correct files: 14812_GenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCF_1.6, DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.0.0.9_Win64 and 14812_GenesisStarterEssentials_1.6_trx.

And yes, I do have a .py file right along the Lana material file.

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    No. It will import any clothes in .duf format. We are converting clothing as quickly as we can. If you have an outfit you want, but has not been converted yet, you will need DAZ Studio 4.5, but any from that DSON ready category are ready to go and do not need DAZ Studio.

cimaira said:

Thanks for the info Kevin!

edited December 1969

greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:
    greyson5 said:

any advice

Thanks.

Request #115215

I want directly to http:\\bugs.daz3d.com & it says" Your account may be disabled or blocked or the username/password you entered is incorrect"

WHAT !!Sorry, needs a seperate account. We are working on linking the two, but we aren't there yet. :)

• ketthroveketthrove Posts: 63
    edited October 2012

Any idea if GenX will updated to work with the poser version?

There's no need for an update to GenX. The morphs created by GenX are loaded directly with Genesis when it is imported into Poser. To apply the DUF shaping presets generated by GenX to Genesis, I made a small script to load DSON files without Poser companion files. (The script can be downloaded here: DSON Loader.) However, the morph transfer itself will require DS, because GenX is a DS plugin.

I just looked at your script, good work. I would like to point out one thing however, the "loadCompanionDSONFile" call you are using will only work on files ending in .duf. The preset needs to be a 4.5 preset conforming to the published spec. Also for anyone using this, any assets that file references most be mapped correctly in Poser for it load correclty.

Post edited by ketthrove on
This discussion has been closed.