Status of those having issues with Platinum Club Renewals

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

Richard, one of the posters already said that he tried with Chrome, which he doesn't normally use for DAZ3D (thus no cache issue), and had the same issues.

Dana

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

Is There still a PC Members forum?

I have been looking for it.
    I'm a member.
    I checked the "My Subscriptions" page and I'm paid up.

If it exists, can someone post a link?

:down:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Yes there is a MO forum. Please contact support so they can fix it for you.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

One way to get there is above at the top of the page: Community (tab)/Forums/Members Only. It seems that takes you to this URL: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/3/.

I am one of those who are getting:

The following errors were encountered

You are not authorized to view this forum 

I see my PC subscription has been extended to 25 June, although it was not renewed on the 25 May and no payment was taken. I am guessing this is the free month of PC membership. But anyway, it shows "active" (and I am getting PC items priced at $1.99, etc.) so I should be able to log into the Members forum, but I can't. I've tried this on 3 browsers, one of which I haven't used for DAZ before (IE9), and it works on none of them. My main browser is FF 12. I logged out, deleted all DAZ3d.com cookies, etc.—no difference. The other one is Chrome.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Its just your permissions aren't set up properly. You need to contact support to get it fixed.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited June 2012

FYI- I'm not sure if this is a bug or not or some stupid misconception of the meaning of "cancel".
    I was a PC member, membership good until June 4, 2012... today is June 2 (at least that is what most people seem to agree)...
    With no ill will, I realized the Platinum club is no longer for me... and thus due to recent changes I decided to cancel my subscription.
    Several days ago after attempting to find something to use my store credit on and being totally frustrated by the new changes I decided to actively attempt to go about canceling my subscription.
    Up until today in the area designated as "subscriptions" the was something to the effect of "none" or "you have no subscriptions" so I assumed it was for something (god knows what) other than PC club, since I should have still been a member of PC club that wording made no sense. How do cancel? Beats me... I could not find any way... Well, since I keep having trouble with PC membership self canceling on me from time to time (for no reason), I decided with no credit card info it should just expire, so I deleted my CC info and hoped for the best...
    Flash forward to today...
    But, I still should have the six dollar credit,yeah? Okay, I'll make one last try at finding something to spend that on... I go back to "My Dashboard" to check to see if I still have the credit... Okay I still have it... I notice "newsletter subscriptions" and decide to check that out and ACCIDENTALLY click on "Subscriptions" which now shows platinum club info... Oh... Okay I guess they fixed something... so I look at the expiration date- JUNE 4 and say to myself, well now that I can see a way to cancel, I better cancel before it auto renews ( who knows how) since I don't want any problems... so, I cancel my PC subscription.

Now I no longer have a PC discount even though I have two days of membership left.

Not much $6 will buy without PC membership.

REALLY?.. In retrospect IT IS MY FAULT because the other choice would have been "SUSPEND subscription" and that would be the wrong choice since I actually wanted to cancel, but since nothing actually makes sense here anymore I should have chosen the wrong answer to be right... RIGHT?

Because... CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION means instantly lose all benefits, even though they are still paid for...

Really?

MY POINT?

IF you intend to cancel and still have any intention of buying stuff in the remaining time you have left in your subscription... CANCEL AT THE VERY LAST MOMENT.

Somewhere at DAZ there must be a bulletin board where people post notes and notices... Could SOMEONE at DAZ, PLEASE post a list of all the bad things and ensuing dissatisfaction that occurred over this most recent store change, so that whatever good things that end up coming out of this fiasco are NOT lost the next time DAZ CHANGES STORE... Eh?

Please.

?

Post edited by McGyver on
  • LillianaLilliana Posts: 99
    edited June 2012

Support that isn't in the office on the Weekend... Support that, by Kraig's own admission on the phone YESTERDAY, is so far behind that they are not upholding their own turn around response standards (On another issue, but still).

Defeats the purpose of even sending it in.

I had to file several tickets JUST to get my vouchers for the last few months PRIOR to this switch over. This was touted as better, less buggy, etc... I am not happy to have to file yet another ticket because someone does not know how to set the permissions correctly.

Epic fail there.

My suggestion is that a Moderator put this Thread into Kraig's inbox or whomever is doing the Web support as a *Critical* ticket.

Platinum Club is becoming a waste of member money in it's current state and this fiasco is only going to cost Daz significant Revenue.

It's not about the coupon, which is late, but it's about the significant changes which have not been addressed over the last 8 months and the recent changes due to this move. It is also about the move now having further, negative, impact.

As I relayed to Kraig on the phone, I am not happy with what has been going on. For me to be angry and not swearing or having a hissy fit means I am not just looking to vent a head of mad.

So far in the last week, I have experienced a complete lack of support when if came to a technical issue. I am, thus far, less than pleased with both Daz3D and Smith Micro systems.

Post edited by Lilliana on
  • Michael CMichael C Posts: 76
    edited June 2012

OK, I am now seeing the Platimun Club $1.99 prices, but like the other have no access to the Members Forum. No access in IE 8, which I normally use, nor in Firefox 11, which I normally don't use for DAZ.

I have a question about the free month. I manually renewed my monthly membership and was charged $7.95. Does "free month" mean that I will not be charged next month or that my $7.95 will be refunded?

Post edited by Michael C on
  • esargeesarge Posts: 20
    edited December 1969

No, to the beset of my knowledge the coupons have not yet been issued. As for how coupons will work in general, and whether they should be visible in our account pages, I don't know.

Those of you who are showing as PC members but can't access Members Only - what browser are you using? Have you tried a different one (which should avoid both any browser specific issues and cache issues).

Richard,

I use firefox for everything and am not able to access the members only forum. I tried using ie and still could not access it.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Its just your permissions aren't set up properly. You need to contact support to get it fixed.

Done that. Thanks, Frank.
  • grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

Lilliana said:
    Add me to the list of unable to see the Member's only forum.

My Subscription does say active until 6/29/12 sooooo....

I have logged out of the forums and logged back in. Frustrating because I can't see anything in Members Only and I am a member.

Getting very tired of things not being fixed in a timely fashion. Didn't Daz learn anything with the last roll out and how bad the issues were then?

I logged off and closed my browser as someone earlier had suggested to another member. I then reopen my browser and logged back in, and I still can't get into the Member's Only Forum. So add me to the list that I'm unable to see the Member's only forum.

I back in as a Member though, so thanks for correcting that.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Lilliana said:

I have logged out of the forums and logged back in. Frustrating because I can't see anything in Members Only and I am a member.

Getting very tired of things not being fixed in a timely fashion. Didn't Daz learn anything with the last roll out and how bad the issues were then?

I logged off and closed my browser as someone earlier had suggested to another member. I then reopen my browser and logged back in, and I still can't get into the Member's Only Forum. So add me to the list that I'm unable to see the Member's only forum.

What browser are you using, and can you try with a different browser?

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 769
    edited December 1969

My membership is active. I can see the $1.99 PC Items. I cannot get into the "Members Only" forum using Firefox, IE, nor Chrome. I normally use Firefox.

edited June 2012

Given the responses here, I'd go with Frank's diagnosis.

The Permissions are not set correctly. I have run my own forum setups and technical installations in the past. People not seeing a forum means I would lay money down on Frank being Dead on.

Someone on knock one of the web team upside the head to fix this. There is no point in clogging up an already over strained system when this whole thread can be dropped into an admin's lap to fix... Yes, an ADMIN.

• nakamuram002nakamuram002 Posts: 769
    edited December 1969

I put in a request on Thursday to fix my PC Membership. It is partially fixed, now. Should I put in another request, or wait? I say the latter.

edited December 1969

They're currently working on it, so I would wait a bit, unless they actually closed the ticket.

edited June 2012

Ticket Number 101907 - I've also linked this thread to the ticket.

Let's hope this is actioned far faster than my last ticket. I hate burning minutes because no one has bothered to even open it.

• grpruettgrpruett Posts: 255
    edited December 1969

Lilliana said:

I'm using Internet Explorer 9. I don't have any other browser installed.

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

OK, since this whole new website thing began, I've been listed in My Subscriptions as a canceled monthly member and now a canceled yearly member. I am and have been for years an annual subscriber to the PC. I have not canceled anything. I have been accessing the Members only forum and I still see the PC 1.99 prices on the few PC items I can find. I did put in support ticket on this. Until today I have not been able to use the 'edit' function in the My Subscriptions thingy. Before today, if I tried to click on the edit I would be sent to a page of nonsense error text. Now, it seems the 'edit' function is working, but I'm afraid to do anything. It says my account has indeed been canceled and that I can reactivate if I click. I'm afraid of what might happen if I click anything. Can someone please advise. Should I click to reactivate an account I never canceled or leave it for support to deal with (eventually)?

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Lilliana said:

After you log back in and click on Members Only Forum, try a refresh. I just click on the C with an arrow on the top end (IE 9) and MOF opens up for me then.

I'm using Internet Explorer 9. I don't have any other browser installed.

atticanne1.jpg
    100 x 100 - 11K
    edited December 1969

OK, since this whole new website thing began, I've been listed in My Subscriptions as a canceled monthly member and now a canceled yearly member. I am and have been for years an annual subscriber to the PC. I have not canceled anything. I have been accessing the Members only forum and I still see the PC 1.99 prices on the few PC items I can find. I did put in support ticket on this. Until today I have not been able to use the 'edit' function in the My Subscriptions thingy. Before today, if I tried to click on the edit I would be sent to a page of nonsense error text. Now, it seems the 'edit' function is working, but I'm afraid to do anything. It says my account has indeed been canceled and that I can reactivate if I click. I'm afraid of what might happen if I click anything. Can someone please advise. Should I click to reactivate an account I never canceled or leave it for support to deal with (eventually)?

Since you have access I would leave it alone.

• ScytharScythar Posts: 127
    edited December 1969

monthly payement went through, but still no access to pc items AND no access to Member Forum !!
    HELP needed here too !!!
    thx!

• Velvet GoblinVelvet Goblin Posts: 532
    edited December 1969

I no longer have PC prices anywhere in the store or in my cart.

There is no PC coupon this month.

Sales are expiring and I keep missing them, and this is infuriating.

At this point, I'm having trouble imagining how Daz could come up with a compensation that would make up for all this.

• edited December 1969

coupons only for DAZ originals
    DAZ originals only for DAZ Studio

looks this Poserholic has no business with the PC club anymore soon.

• 3DWS3DWS Posts: 2
    edited June 2012

I can se my monthly Platinum Club have just been billed a few days ago, but I don't see my monthly PC bonus any where? Is it on it's way or where can I find it?

Can now also see it says Platinum Club Membership start: 5/31/08 end 6/1/12 and "Expired" that can't be right

Post edited by 3DWS on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Kamion, the Fantasy bath is a new DO that works in Poser (prop rather than clothes of figure addon, though).

3DWS, the coupons have not been released yet. I doubt we will see them before Monday, and I hope the current issue with the PC discount will be resolved first.

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Suddenly can't access the PC Members Forum, even though I'm a member and could a few hours earlier.
    I'm not submitting another freaking ticket until my first two tickets are settled, unless its for a full refund of my PC membership of course.
    My camel has the straw in its sights.

• Muon QuarkMuon Quark Posts: 541
    edited December 1969

Ok, now I'm angry.

I've been waiting for the PC coupon so I can buy the supersuit and one of the addons. Total they were like$36. I check here this morning and still no coupon, but now the price of both items has gone up to $59 in my cart!!!!!!!! But I go to New Releases and the suit is still $20! So now I don't know what to think or what to do about it. I would open a ticket but it's taking way too long for those to get processed.

Can someone advise?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Zendesk tickets are actually being processed pretty rapidly, considering the volume that is being submitted.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Ippotamus, you are not showing as a PC member as far as the forums are concerned so I'd say open a support ticket as it's clearly failed to renew or simply lost track of you. Others are still showing as PC Members, so it isn't a store-wide failure.

MQ: it looks as if PC discounts are not showing for people, which would account for the price rise on the suit. I get handled separately, since the system supports only one group per member and I need to be in the mod group, and my discounts vanished on Friday.