My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    Rezca said:

STAND BACK I AM GOING TO DO ART!!

That's the title I have this when submitting it elsewhere heh,  one of several little drawings I did this week :>

*edit* And I only JUST NOW REALIZED that the tablet is in a very poor position for doing art, since I'm right handed and so it really shouldn't be on that side of the laptop xD

..cute.

MistyMist said:

trex is kinda roo shaped with lotta teeth

...but with a lot more "tude.

Rezca said:

Speakin' of birthdays, I had drawn this as a birthday gift for http://ask-a-qurupeco.tumblr.com/

Why sitting in a box?  It was something that a friend of mine was doing, drawing the various creatures in boxes. Started as just a simple silly drawing, but then she did a few more and people began to love the concept x)

..a Cat  Dragon?

...feeling a little better today though tired form lack of a decent night's sleep.  Gut issues the last couple days finally subsiding, but this morning my hip ached something fierce.

[footy].  Looks like Croatia is about to be bounced out by Portugal. The match went scoreless in regulation requiring a 25 min overtime during which Portugal scored the only goal of the entire contest. Disappointing after Croatia's big upset of Euro powerhouse Spain to make it into the round of 16.

Wouldn't want to be in Zagreb tonight.[/footy]

...anyone hear from Serpent lately?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

weird lookin thing  http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/specs/

no lotto numbers today

kyoto kid said:

...feeling a little better today though tired form lack of a decent night's sleep.  Gut issues the last couple days finally subsiding, but this morning my hip ached something fierce.

[footy].  Looks like Croatia is about to be bounced out by Portugal. The match went scoreless in regulation requiring a 25 min overtime during which Portugal scored the only goal of the entire contest. Disappointing after Croatia's big upset of Euro powerhouse Spain to make it into the round of 16.

Wouldn't want to be in Zagreb tonight.[/footy]

...anyone hear from Serpent lately?

has he been here since the thread turned?

..not that I've seen, though there is the link to here at the end of the old thread.

edited June 2016
    MistyMist said:

weird lookin thing  http://www.apple.com/mac-pro/specs/

no lotto numbers today

..ahh, the "Coffee Can" as I call it. I believe PS1 has one of these.

Single 2.7 GHz 12 core Xeon 64 GB DDR3 memory 1 TB PCi SSD, 6 GB AMD Firepro GPU (useless for Iray).  Price about 9,000$ Also any other add ons are external so you have a mess of cables, external drives etc cluttering things up.

For less than that I could build a beast with a single 3.2 GHz 8 core i7, 128 GB DDR4 memory in quad channel mode, 3 water cooled Titan-X GPUs 2 x 1 TB SATA III SSDs 2 x 4 TB SATA III storage HDDs,. Yeah  it wouldn't look as "cheeky", but like Hi Fi gear, for me it's the function that counts.

...oh, and all the cables & other add ons go in the case, not on the desk.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

What word starts with coff

edited June 2016

...coffin.

...coffer

...coffle

...cofferce

...cofferdam

edited June 2016

in brooklynese would be cawf

quarter be cawtah

toilet be turlet

wuh oh is the beep to add the hazelnuts  makin chocolate hazelnut bread  whole half cuppa sugar >.<

3 hours bread machine wait.  no more fountains search today,

3 hours of snafu plot time.  part of the plot is corruption in the justice/tribunal system.  havent figured out how justice system works in a dragon mage ruled scifi universe.  dont need to explain it all, but should figure it out some rules and laws for cohesion sake

does watched dough rise?

why does ginger recipes always has molasses, not a fan of molasses. ick.  didnt it blow up near Boston somewhen?

happy yeasts sounds like a hobbit's birthday party

Post edited by Mistara on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    Rezca said:
    Tjohn said:
    Rezca said:

Speakin' of birthdays, I had drawn this as a birthday gift for http://ask-a-qurupeco.tumblr.com/

Why sitting in a box?  It was something that a friend of mine was doing, drawing the various creatures in boxes. Started as just a simple silly drawing, but then she did a few more and people began to love the concept x)

Dragon in a Box!  :O

Not a real dragon that would be cruel. sad My favorite dragon is Toothless. smiley

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    MistyMist said:
    why does ginger recipes always has molasses, not a fan of molasses. ick.  didnt it blow up near Boston somewhen?

The Great Molasses Flood: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Molasses_Flood

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    MistyMist said:

why is the hide owned checkbox hidden under filters dropdown , should be right there up front to click

It's not under the dropdowns for me.  It's right there beside them, pretty obvious to see, too.

Dana

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    kyoto kid said:
    Rezca said:

..a Cat  Dragon?

Mmm more like a bird dragon,  but cat-like in that it's enjoying sitting in a box :)

Speaking of cats...

...late Caturday night complaint:  Why can't someone make a store bought pizza with the Italian sausage as the only other topping on it?   It's seems all I can ever find is pepperoni (which gives me terrible indigestion), veggie, "everything but the kitchen sink" (which includes pepperoni), Hawai'ian (the pineapple is acidic overkill), plain cheese, or "weird stuff" that should never ever touch he upper surface of a pizza (most often found in the natural foods dept.).  Is it that difficult just to make something so bleedin' simple?  I had a taste for pizza tonight and even a deli/frozen one would have been satisfying. So easy to make, put in oven at 400° and twelve to fifteen minutes later, dinner.  Ended up settling for a plain cheese which was pretty good, but still missed the sausage.

Rezca said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Rezca said:

..a Cat  Dragon?

Mmm more like a bird dragon,  but cat-like in that it's enjoying sitting in a box :)

Speaking of cats...

...I need my Doc to prescibe that for me.

tea went cold complaint

kyoto kid said:

...late Caturday night complaint:  Why can't someone make a store bought pizza with the Italian sausage as the only other topping on it?   It's seems all I can ever find is pepperoni (which gives me terrible indigestion), veggie, "everything but the kitchen sink" (which includes pepperoni), Hawai'ian (the pineapple is acidic overkill), plain cheese, or "weird stuff" that should never ever touch he upper surface of a pizza (most often found in the natural foods dept.).  Is it that difficult just to make something so bleedin' simple?  I had a taste for pizza tonight and even a deli/frozen one would have been satisfying. So easy to make, put in oven at 400° and twelve to fifteen minutes later, dinner.  Ended up settling for a plain cheese which was pretty good, but still missed the sausage.

Why don't you just get some sausage, cook it up, put it in a freezer zip bag and when you want one of these, put it on the cheese pizza and put it in the oven?  We do that with ground chourico (Portuguese spicy sausage) when we want a chourico pizza.  We used to get them from Domino's before we moved to this house.  Nobody delivered here.  Our new neighbor suggested Freschetta pizza.  I objected at first, because my past experience with frozen pizza was...meh.  Cardboard.  But we tried it and it's great!  I've tried a couple others since then, and only Freschetta passes the test.  But we still didn't have the option of chourico pizza...until I came up with this idea.  Works great.  I know they sell ground Italian sausage around here, they probably do there, too.  If not get links and cut them up into pieces sized to your liking.  Quit cursing the darkness and light a candle!

Dana

Happy Birthday AtticAnne!  Where are you?  Haven't been in this entire new thread yet!  frown

Dana

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    DanaTA said:

Happy Birthday AtticAnne!  Where are you?  Haven't been in this entire new thread yet!  frown

Dana

Where is Anne?

edited June 2016
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Why don't you just get some sausage, cook it up, put it in a freezer zip bag and when you want one of these, put it on the cheese pizza and put it in the oven?  We do that with ground chourico (Portuguese spicy sausage) when we want a chourico pizza.  We used to get them from Domino's before we moved to this house.  Nobody delivered here.  Our new neighbor suggested Freschetta pizza.  I objected at first, because my past experience with frozen pizza was...meh.  Cardboard.  But we tried it and it's great!  I've tried a couple others since then, and only Freschetta passes the test.  But we still didn't have the option of chourico pizza...until I came up with this idea.  Works great.  I know they sell ground Italian sausage around here, they probably do there, too.  If not get links and cut them up into pieces sized to your liking.  Quit cursing the darkness and light a candle!

Dana

...the whole idea of getting a store bought pizza is simplicity, simply pop it in the oven and in 15 min or less, it's done, no mess, no pans to clean up afterwards.  I also don't buy pizza often enough to cook up a large bunch of sausage or other ingredients as being in a shared living situation with 4 other people, fridge and freezer space is at a premium (which is is why I do "Euro" style shopping and only get what I need for a day or two).  If there were one of those "take and bake" places within walking distance, I'd just go there as you can order whatever you want. Costs a little more than store bought but is still a lot less expensive than delivery or going out to eat.

Still I would think with the multitude of pizza varieties available, from basic cheese to gluten free crust with non dairy cheese, white sauce, kale, and pine nuts, someone could offer one with just sausage or sausage and mushroom/onions. Freschetta once actually had a Sausage, Mushroom and onion pizza, and yes, it was very good, but it was only around for a limited time. Sold like crazy as well so it wasn't poor sales that pulled it off the shelves.

edited June 2016

I needed a retro prop for a render,couldn't find one, so I had to make it. Really out of practice.. Did not steal a single pixel, tho. smiley

Lotion.jpg
    600 x 600 - 70K
    Post edited by TJohn on
    Tjohn said:

I needed a retro prop for a render,couldn't find one, so I had to make it. Really out of practice.. Did not steal a single pixel, tho. smiley

Good job!

Dana

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited June 2016

Had a couple of tough days but when I made it home some winter roses were waiting, smellz like rose awesome-ness :)

r.jpg
    801 x 893 - 52K
    Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited June 2016

...saw this beauty yesterday.  1949 Desoto Custom convertable.

They don't make 'em as classy as this anymore.

1949 Desoto Custom.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,140
    edited June 2016

My first memories of being in an automobile were as a baby (under 2) in the back seat of a 1948 Hudson (as it was described to me years later).  I also remember being laid on the "back shelf" under the rear window of the car.  These days they'd put the parents away for child endangerment.  But in those days the back shelf was wide, and the back of the rear seat bench rose above the back shelf creating a shallow well or cradle.  Although I suppose if we had a collision or a fast stop I'd have bounced over the lip of the back seat top and down onto the back seat or back floor or even into the front seat or windshield.  But I didn't worry about those things back then. frown (and apparently neither did my parents!)

1948-49-hudson-commodore-eight.jpg
    400 x 193 - 33K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited June 2016

...yeah cars may be safer and more efficient today compared to the heavily chromed bests of a half century ago, but they are all looking more and more alike each year.  Getting hard to tell a Chevy from a Nissan or a Ford from a Hundai these days.

...and some are just plain butt ugly (like most SUVs and the Nissan Leaf).

..wow, just got notice that there has been a big power outage in downtown. All LRT trams and streetcars are disrupted.

edited June 2016

DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

Good job!

Dana

Thanks! blush

Post edited by TJohn on
This discussion has been closed.