My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

who is the lady we all know in Stairway to Heaven?  40 years , havent figured it out yet

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,003
    edited June 2016

Can I just state for the record that I absolutely hate appliances that feel the need to beep at me repeatedly!?

Ive got to go run downstairs now... The coffee machine is about to turn off which means, you guessed it, its about to beep at me very loudly! Six times!!!

My refrigerator... I hate it.  Not only is it a contender for awards for "Most innovative methods of wasting space by placing huge 2"-4" gaps everywhere" as well as "Most amazingly clueless design by individuals who obviously never eat at home, purchased groceries or have ever seen a gallon container of milk, or know how to use a tape measure to retrieve useful dimensional data"... (Said awards should be delivered via a ballistic missile filled with rabid incontinent crotch biting honey badgers)... In addition to those fine design nuances, it has the delightful habit of beeping excitedly if you hold the door open for longer then ten seconds, which is four hundred and sixteen seconds shorter then it takes to extract anything (even with practice drills and coach guiding you) from it's ridiculously poorly designed system of drawer slide handles, sliding shelf supports, roller hinges, downward curving shelf edges (for aerodynamics) and other assorted interior protrusions that cause even the smallest amount of groceries to become hopelessly lodged within it.  There is no way to increase the timing, but you can shut it off... But my wife keeps turning it back on because the kids keep leaving the door open slightly... Which would almost make sense if that was what the sensor detected... Which it does not... It only detects the door being opened wide enough for you to place something inside or retrieve something... Leave it open four or five inches and it is content to silently let your groceries rot while burning out the compressor... I hate it almost as much as Hitler or that guy in that late night "sell your unwanted jewelry for peanuts" commercial...  I try to remember to shut off the alarm when I use it, but sometimes I forget and it gets me and I have to stop myself from punching the button through to the other side.    A few weeks ago, I forgot and reached inside to grab a beer that was lodged in the back and before I could maneuver it out, it started beeping, which made me force my beer past the shelf support, which in turn caused the back of my hand to brush past some idiotic razor sharp plastic tab...  I guess my wife heard the noise and cursing (those of you in Europe may have heard it too... It was sorta like a Wookie ripping the arms off a refrigerator droid)... She found me dragging it to the back door and convinced me that if I killed this refrigerator, we'd have to shop for a new one and most likely the next one would probably be worse.  I once killed a toaster she bought, that used to shoot waffles across the room... It was a horribly designed piece of junk where looks took precedence over function to the point of uselessness. One day it shot waffles into the sink and I ripped it out and redesigned it with a sledgehammer out back... I liked the way it looked afterward because it now looked the way if functioned.  The worst part about this stupid alarm is the fact that if you leave the fridge doors wide open (more than you would if you are looking inside or placing stuff in it), after three minutes the alarm shuts off.... I found this out because the kids left it wide open and I found it after an hour and it was happily allowing everything to melt in silence.  I tested it and after a three minutes it shuts off... Consistently. So I dug out the manual and after sorting out English from the octolinguistic pages I found out it's actually a (proudly) intended feature... They were actually proud of this... "If doors are left fully open, alarm will stop sounding after three minutes"... They didn't explain why, because nobody throws open the doors to the maximum width when looking inside, or loading it... If you open the doors and let go, they either sorta shut on their own or they open completely... So if they sorta shut, the alarm won't sound, and if the doors fall open to the max, the alarm shuts off after three minutes....  It makes no sense... But I suppose it said "if the doors are left fully open, alarm will stop sounding after three minutes" because they ran out of room and "thus allowing your refrigerator to defrost and everything in it to melt... ha haa haaa hoo hee haaa ha... Sucker!", didnt fit...  

I know this is an overly long rant about an appliance, but you see I know that refrigerator does all this on purpose and it hates me... It was created by evil aliens trying to break my spirit and to test my combat skills against their annoying refrigerator droids... It's a test of wills... On day I will give in and that will be it for that evil snark box of frustration... See everyone else hears "Bing... Bing... Bing... Bing..."     But I hear..." I suck... I suck... I suck... And you paid a lot of money for me... I suck... Haa haa haa!"    

Okay... I'm done... Just thought I'd share.

Post edited by McGyver on
    McGyver said:

Can I just state for the record that I absolutely hate appliances that feel the need to beep at me repeatedly!?

Ive got to go run downstairs now... The coffee machine is about to turn off which means, you guessed it, its about to beep at me very loudly! Six times!!!

My refrigerator... I hate it.  Not only is it a contender for awards for "Most innovative methods of wasting space by placing huge 2"-4" gaps everywhere" as well as "Most amazingly clueless design by individuals who obviously never eat at home, purchased groceries or have ever seen a gallon container of milk, or know how to use a tape measure to retrieve useful dimensional data"... (Said awards should be delivered via a ballistic missile filled with rabid incontinent crotch biting honey badgers)... In addition to those fine design nuances, it has the delightful habit of beeping excitedly if you hold the door open for longer then ten seconds, which is four hundred and sixteen seconds shorter then it takes to extract anything (even with practice drills and coach guiding you) from it's ridiculously poorly designed system of drawer slide handles, sliding shelf supports, roller hinges, downward curving shelf edges (for aerodynamics) and other assorted interior protrusions that cause even the smallest amount of groceries to become hopelessly lodged within it.  There is no way to increase the timing, but you can shut it off... But my wife keeps turning it back on because the kids keep leaving the door open slightly... Which would almost make sense if that was what the sensor detected... Which it does not... It only detects the door being opened wide enough for you to place something inside or retrieve something... Leave it open four or five inches and it is content to silently let your groceries rot while burning out the compressor... I hate it almost as much as Hitler or that guy in that late night "sell your unwanted jewelry for peanuts" commercial...  I try to remember to shut off the alarm when I use it, but sometimes I forget and it gets me and I have to stop myself from punching the button through to the other side.    A few weeks ago, I forgot and reached inside to grab a beer that was lodged in the back and before I could maneuver it out, it started beeping, which made me force my beer past the shelf support, which in turn caused the back of my hand to brush past some idiotic razor sharp plastic tab...  I guess my wife heard the noise and cursing (those of you in Europe may have heard it too... It was sorta like a Wookie ripping the arms off a refrigerator droid)... She found me dragging it to the back door and convinced me that if I killed this refrigerator, we'd have to shop for a new one and most likely the next one would probably be worse.  I once killed a toaster she bought, that used to shoot waffles across the room... It was a horribly designed piece of junk where looks took precedence over function to the point of uselessness. One day it shot waffles into the sink and I ripped it out and redesigned it with a sledgehammer out back... I liked the way it looked afterward because it now looked the way if functioned.  The worst part about this stupid alarm is the fact that if you leave the fridge doors wide open (more than you would if you are looking inside or placing stuff in it), after three minutes the alarm shuts off.... I found this out because the kids left it wide open and I found it after an hour and it was happily allowing everything to melt in silence.  I tested it and after a three minutes it shuts off... Consistently. So I dug out the manual and after sorting out English from the octolinguistic pages I found out it's actually a (proudly) intended feature... They were actually proud of this... "If doors are left fully open, alarm will stop sounding after three minutes"... They didn't explain why, because nobody throws open the doors to the maximum width when looking inside, or loading it... If you open the doors and let go, they either sorta shut on their own or they open completely... So if they sorta shut, the alarm won't sound, and if the doors fall open to the max, the alarm shuts off after three minutes....  It makes no sense... But I suppose it said "if the doors are left fully open, alarm will stop sounding after three minutes" because they ran out of room and "thus allowing your refrigerator to defrost and everything in it to melt... ha haa haaa hoo hee haaa ha... Sucker!", didnt fit...  

I know this is an overly long rant about an appliance, but you see I know that refrigerator does all this on purpose and it hates me... It was created by evil aliens trying to break my spirit and to test my combat skills against their annoying refrigerator droids... It's a test of wills... On day I will give in and that will be it for that evil snark box of frustration... See everyone else hears "Bing... Bing... Bing... Bing..."     But I hear..." I suck... I suck... I suck... And you paid a lot of money for me... I suck... Haa haa haa!"    

all that pain for a BEER, adds to the appreciation of a cold brewskie!

i'se starting to suspiciously suspect standards for hazardous materials might be a bit more lenient?  MSDS for a product lists hazardous stuff, the SDS for same product says not hazardous.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003
    edited June 2016
    MistyMist said:

who is the lady we all know in Stairway to Heaven?  40 years , havent figured it out yet

Cher.

Post edited by TJohn on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    MistyMist said:

It's the lady from the beginning of the song...the one who's sure all that glitters is gold (she's a fool).

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084

Thank you for sharing that, McGyver!  I always enjoy your posts! 

Dana

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    McGyver said:

My refrigerator... I hate it.

[beautiful long rant shortened to save space] ...  

Hasn't anybody (well, anybody with long experience) noticed that modern smart appliances and gadgets are primarily designed to do things just because they can, not because they should or have any significant value or purpose.  Nor are these wonderful "necessities" necessary.  It's all marketing.  We buy because we are programmed to buy.  But as I've said for several decades now, "The trouble with smart machines, is that to be truely effective the user has to be smarter than the machine."  Unfortunately people smartness is decreasing while machine smartness (or what passes for smartness) is increasing.

It's real simple, if the refrigerator door is left open by your kid you yell briefly at the kid and take money from his/her allowance to replace the ice cream and make him/her wipe up the mess he/she created.  They don't forget that.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited June 2016

...I hate those self checkouts at the grocery market because they do that all the time then keep admonishing me to "out the item in the "bag after I already did.  If I purchase anything like wine or beer, the system locks up until I go to teh station where the operator monitors the system and show them my ID so that they can unlock the system for me to continue (whereas when I go through a normal checkout line they can see I'm old enough and don't bother with the ID step). It's also annoying when I get exotic produce for my Asian recipes that doesn't show up in the PLU list provided.

Considering there is no discount for using the self serve checkout, I may as well take advantage of the "full service" they offer since i am still paying for it.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2016
    Chohole said:
    MistyMist said:

not a good time these days to live at sea level 

she says from where she lives at sea level. 

what are wellies?  wellies sounds useful.  something about a Glastonbury festival and needing wellies.

all my complaints today are repeats.

And what Misty hasn't said is the the photo is taken in London,  n ot anywhere near the sea.    The subways have turned into swimming pools. 

And of course today is Poling day in the EU referendum

And yet another Polling Station

And it's not just London...

...the Louvre in Paris

...the town of Simbach Germany (Bavaria).

...Unterloiben, Austria,

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    kyoto kid said:

Considering there is no discount for using the self serve checkout, I may as well take advantage of the "full service" they offer since i am still paying for it.

An even better reason to use the full service aisle is that you're helping people keep their jobs.  You use the self-serve, and you're telling the store they can let someone go, and the store makes more money and someone is now looking for work and their kids go hungry.

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    McGyver said:

My refrigerator... I hate it. 

The Machine God hates us all!

edited June 2016

Stryder87 said:
    kyoto kid said:

An even better reason to use the full service aisle is that you're helping people keep their jobs.  You use the self-serve, and you're telling the store they can let someone go, and the store makes more money and someone is now looking for work and their kids go hungry.

..the only downside is I also suffer from what I call the "dreaded checkout curse". It seems just about every time I get into the queue, someone ahead has a major crisis that takes twice to three times as long as it should for them to have their stuff scanned, bagged, and paid for. 

The worst was one time when this lady who just got ahead of me, with several items along with 88 cans of cat food (I kid you not) that all had to be scanned individually (after which she fished out a fistful of coupons that needed to be scanned as well).  There were no other open checkouts at this end of the store (where I needed to exit from as that was where the bus stop was and I was on a tight schedule). While I resigned myself to dealing with the spectacle (the checkout lanes at the other end of the market all had at least three people in queue, each with heaping full trolleys while the "express" lanes were anything but as it was a Saturday), I watched as two buses came and went before I was finally able to pay for the few items I was purchasing.  All the time I was thinking to myself "why didn't she just have a friend or relative with a Costco membership go get her four 24 can flats?" 

Barely made it out in time for the next bus that came along and was late to my destination.

kyoto kid said:

Stryder87 said:
    kyoto kid said:

..the only downside is I also suffer from what I call the "dreaded checkout curse". It seems just about every time I get into the queue, someone ahead has a major crisis that takes twice to three times as long as it should for them to have their stuff scanned, bagged, and paid for. 

The worst was one time when this lady who just got ahead of me, with several items along with 88 cans of cat food (I kid you not) that all had to be scanned individually (after which she fished out a fistful of coupons that needed to be scanned as well).  There were no other open checkouts at this end of the store (where I needed to exit from as that was where the bus stop was and I was on a tight schedule). While I resigned myself to dealing with the spectacle (the checkout lanes at the other end of the market all had at least three people in queue, each with heaping full trolleys while the "express" lanes were anything but as it was a Saturday), I watched as two buses came and went before I was finally able to pay for the few items I was purchasing.  All the time I was thinking to myself "why didn't she just have a friend or relative with a Costco membership go get her four 24 can flats?" 

Barely made it out in time for the next bus that came along and was late to my destination.

One cat is company for a shut-in.  Two cats is company for each other in an often empty house.  Three cats is hoarding. surprise

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003
    kyoto kid said:

Stryder87 said:
    kyoto kid said:

One cat is company for a shut-in.  Two cats is company for each other in an often empty house.  Three cats is hoarding. surprise

Tjohn said:
    kyoto kid said:

Stryder87 said:
    kyoto kid said:

LOL...

...Bad Kittenslaugh

rain passed but my office is 60% humidity complaint

there's a Mister Misty out there for me?

It's my B-Day but Bijou (https://www.daz3d.com/bijou-for-genesis-2-female-s) still isn't free.  Sad panda time...

Sad Panda 04.jpg
    1104 x 1104 - 119K
    Stryder87 said:

It's my B-Day but Bijou (https://www.daz3d.com/bijou-for-genesis-2-female-s) still isn't free.  Sad panda time...

I didnt get her for my bday either. Happy Birthday.

edited June 2016

Found an interesting minute of music.  First 68 seconds of Bruckner's symphony #0 (yes, zero.  Apparently he wasn't fond of it, declared it a zero and it wasn't included in his numbered symphonies and not performed until more than 20 years after his death.  I don't care much for it either except for the first minute.  It immediately catches your interest, builds to a climax and has so much promise but then drops you like a stone and I can't get back that feeling that the first minute promises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quIyHYZ7xws

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Such a blah, uninspiring day...

Meh...

Go On.jpg
    500 x 358 - 43K
  • Found an interesting minute of music.  First 68 seconds of Bruckner's symphony #0 (yes, zero.  Apparently he wasn't fond of it, declared it a zero and it wasn't included in his numbered symphonies and not performed until more than 20 years after his death.  I don't care much for it either except for the first minute.  It immediately catches your interest, builds to a climax and has so much promise but then drops you like a stone and I can't get back that feeling that the first minute promises.

There's also a double-zero

Found an interesting minute of music.  First 68 seconds of Bruckner's symphony #0 (yes, zero.  Apparently he wasn't fond of it, declared it a zero and it wasn't included in his numbered symphonies and not performed until more than 20 years after his death.  I don't care much for it either except for the first minute.  It immediately catches your interest, builds to a climax and has so much promise but then drops you like a stone and I can't get back that feeling that the first minute promises.

There's also a double-zero

??? Have you been peeking at my list of inspiring politicians?

tee hee.  didya ever twirl a piece of cable conduit over yoo head?  it's like the Austrailian noise maker toy, but a high pitch.

kyoto kid said:

...I hate those self checkouts at the grocery market because they do that all the time then keep admonishing me to "out the item in the "bag after I already did.  If I purchase anything like wine or beer, the system locks up until I go to teh station where the operator monitors the system and show them my ID so that they can unlock the system for me to continue (whereas when I go through a normal checkout line they can see I'm old enough and don't bother with the ID step). It's also annoying when I get exotic produce for my Asian recipes that doesn't show up in the PLU list provided.

Oh, yah. Everytime I attempt to use the self checkout something always goes wrong. I never use them unless all the regular lines are packed.

You know what else gets me about the grocery store, the customers that write checks for really insignificant checkout totals. Really?! Do you really have to write a check for a total thats under 5 bucks?

angry

TGIF!!  BEEEEER time!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

Can DS read PSD files or is it TIFF?

poser can read my psd7 images

they all love png

edited June 2016
    Tjohn said:
    kyoto kid said:

Stryder87 said:
    kyoto kid said:

...hehhehheh.

...and if you act right now, we'll throw in this free bonus gift.

This discussion has been closed.