Genesis Meets Poser - Introducing DSON Importer for Poser

Comments

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited October 2012

I just tried to load the Genesis Figure, then the Basic Female..it shows in the item at top that it loaded but the figure is not there...also I got a callout for the Basic Female this file: V4LanaRRTorsoM_NG.jpg
    No figure will show up in my workspace :(
    I have Poser 2012 sr3 ...but not working for me ..any suggestions??
    PROBLEM SOLVED!! :)

Post edited by digitell on
  • Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Sunfire said:
    Okay this is getting a wee bit tiring, I keep getting errored out when I try to post or load things. Or even pull up the web pages here.

DAZ_Spooky you said that morphs for genesis will already work. What I want to know is...

Does that mean that this: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=94447 and this http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=89123 will work without having to be converted to the DSON format?

I think you have to load the morphs in DS4.5 yourself, then save those morphs back. Then they should work in poser.

• jepegraphicsjepegraphics Posts: 863
    edited December 1969

How can I set/change the Default UV of Genesis for Poser? So far it loads fine into Poser but only with the V4 UV, I don't need that, I want M4 UV.
    Any hints?

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    I am truly delighted for Poser users. I am just slightly put out that Poser users get a fully working version before Carrara users, given that Carrara is a Daz product and has been in development Beta for well over a year. Still I'm sure we'll get there...soon...
    You know those DSON Compatible products? That means that the files have been converted from DSA to DSON (DUF) Carrara 8.5 reads those. :) This work is not just for Poser users but Carrara users as well.

Thanks, Spooky, sorry I must be just in a moody frame of mind, just ignore me - and thanks for the info!

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    How can I set/change the Default UV of Genesis for Poser? So far it loads fine into Poser but only with the V4 UV, I don't need that, I want M4 UV.
    Any hints?

Did you use a .duf material of what you want, then convert that to poser?

edited October 2012

No, I only installed the new files and loaded Genesis into the (Poser) scene.

Post edited by jepegraphics on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,668
    edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    Any hints?

If you apply a preset using one of the other mapping the UVs will be changed - I don't think there's currently a way to change them directly.

edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    Any hints?

If you apply a preset using one of the other mapping the UVs will be changed - I don't think there's currently a way to change them directly.
    No, that's not working unfortunately, Genesis still has V4 UVs, even after applying M4 Presets.

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited October 2012

My first Genesis in Poser render :) Rendered with SSS and IDL in Poser Pro 2012 64 Bit :)

Ignore it isn't amazing..it was a quickie run through LOL :)

AbbyKidsPoser.jpg
    1281 x 806 - 187K
    Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • edited December 1969

I'd love to try it but it tells me I can only purchase one... never purchased anything and it will not let me add it to my cart.

edited December 1969

LaylahY said:
    I'd love to try it but it tells me I can only purchase one... never purchased anything and it will not let me add it to my cart.

That happens occasionally when you add to cart and then log in after...you can try clearing cache or shutting down the browser and reopening and it should fix it. Not sure why it does it but it happens to me all the time and thats what I have to do to clear the error.

edited December 1969

You can try ctrl + F5 as well (in Firefox if you're using that) though that doesnt always work for some reason. Other times Ive had to close and wait a bit then come and log in and look in my cart and if it wasnt there try again.

• edited December 1969

Tried all that, I am just going to try again later.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

LaylahY said:
    Tried all that, I am just going to try again later.
    Add something else to your cart, then you'll see it and you can remove the spurious item and it'll go through. Usually happens because you added an item to your cart while you were not logged in.
    edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    Jepe said:
    Any hints?

No, that's not working unfortunately, Genesis still has V4 UVs, even after applying M4 Presets.

I loaded the Basic female, applied the Sample Jeremy preset and textures seem to lack seams so it's working here (and I also did some more testing earlier with the same result, but I don't have renders).

GenFGenMTex.jpg
    1055 x 982 - 34K
  • GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited October 2012

I keep getting this "mainWacros" window when I open PP12 SR3:

An errror occurred importing addon dson :
    ERROR: DLL load failed: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Plus, I've installed the Starter content, but there's nothing new in my library yet.

Any ideas? I'm looking forward to toying around with Genesis in Poser!

Post edited by Gregorius on
  • Mary WilliamsMary Williams Posts: 108
    edited December 1969

My first Genesis in Poser render :) Rendered with SSS and IDL in Poser Pro 2012 64 Bit :)

Ignore it isn't amazing..it was a quickie run through LOL :)

Ann that is positively adorable!

• edited December 1969

I take it all back, DAZ, I love you.

• AngelusPrimeAngelusPrime Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

Daz... you did it. You *actually* did it.

Color me EXTREMELY surprised. I may just end up rejoining the PC again.

Just one question. I think I get the gist of mostly everything, just one more thing. If I want to make genesis versions of some of my Gen4 characters, I still need GenX and DS4, correct? I can't do that within Poser?

edited October 2012

I am still having trouble getting Genesis to show up in the work space. Is anyone else having this issue?
    Problem Solved! :)

Post edited by digitell on
  • ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Very cool stuff DAZ

Gregorius said:
    I keep getting this "mainWacros" window when I open PP12 SR3:

Plus, I've installed the Starter content, but there's nothing new in my library yet.

Any ideas? I'm looking forward to toying around with Genesis in Poser!

For those that are getting these dll load failed errors, but are sure they installed right, I think you may want to install one or both of the following and report if it fixes it for you for the benefit of all:
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8328
    - http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13523

• doldol Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

whell i coth 6 runtime maps,,and 2 smid poser 8-2010 pro,,
    and thwe installer poet the starter in poser 2010,,buth my qwestion is now,where do al the maps co in poser,,in the map c program files,
    or in the map c program files (x86) becos windows 7 yuse 2 directions,,
    i poet the esentials in a seppered map,becos the installer and i dont know ware to poet them,,so i have a buns of maps 12 and i dont know ware to poet them.by hand??

edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    Jepe said:
    Any hints?

I loaded the Basic female, applied the Sample Jeremy preset and textures seem to lack seams so it's working here (and I also did some more testing earlier with the same result, but I don't have renders).

Well, you should have said that I have to apply the MC6 file of Sample Jeremy (the one and only M4 UV as far as I could see) first to change the UV of Genesis (for dummies like me! lol), bu it works now, Genesis changes the UV with that Sample file.
    Thanks a lot for your help!

• AngelusPrimeAngelusPrime Posts: 60
    edited December 1969

And another question. Will we be able to use Gen4 clothing on genesis within Poser? Or should we resort to the WW plugin?

edited December 1969

Daz... you did it. You *actually* did it.

Color me EXTREMELY surprised. I may just end up rejoining the PC again.

Just one question. I think I get the gist of mostly everything, just one more thing. If I want to make genesis versions of some of my Gen4 characters, I still need GenX and DS4, correct? I can't do that within Poser?

Yes, that's right - a single morph, all you'd need would be to convert to Geensis and it would be available in Poser but for a character you'd need to save a .duf preset and convert it (because the GenX version wouldn't have the same names to the morphs to use the older Poser morph pose).

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

dol said:
    whell i coth 6 runtime maps,,and 2 smid poser 8-2010 pro,,
    and thwe installer poet the starter in poser 2010,,buth my qwestion is now,where do al the maps co in poser,,in the map c program files,
    or in the map c program files (x86) becos windows 7 yuse 2 directions,,
    i poet the esentials in a seppered map,becos the installer and i dont know ware to poet them,,so i have a buns of maps 12 and i dont know ware to poet them.by hand??

Content should not be installed to Program Files or Program Files (x86). Are you using Poser 9 or PP2012 with SR3?

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

I think... considering that I have the pro bundles for both V5 and M5 that I will just go over there... *points to the corner* curl up and whimper for a while... dial up conneciton and all those files needing redownloading... *whimpers*

edited December 1969

And another question. Will we be able to use Gen4 clothing on genesis within Poser? Or should we resort to the WW plugin?

You'd still need to convert the clothing, AutoFit isn't available in Poser.

edited December 1969

Well I give up lol..I have installed and uninstalled and did everything instructed to do but the figure will not show up in my work space..*sigh* :(..
    Just was not meant to be I guess..

edited December 1969

Jepe said:
    Jepe said:
    Jepe said:
    Any hints?

Well, you should have said that I have to apply the MC6 file of Sample Jeremy (the one and only M4 UV as far as I could see) first to change the UV of Genesis (for dummies like me! lol), bu it works now, Genesis changes the UV with that Sample file.
    Thanks a lot for your help!

Any .duf preset should set the UVs OK - but a native Poser preset won't. I was playing with this earlier with a PA and we found that saving a preset that just sets the UVs and then pasting the shader tree stuff into the Poser file after the Python call gave a file that, alongside the preset, changed the UVs and applied the Poser materials.

This discussion has been closed.