My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

uuuucccckkk

Chronic effects: Prolonged or repeated exposure can cause drying, defatting and dermatitis. 

defatting?  

Capture.JPG
    660 x 708 - 80K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    MistyMist said:

uuuucccckkk

Chronic effects: Prolonged or repeated exposure can cause drying, defatting and dermatitis. 

defatting?  

Try this instead.  http://www.saferbrand.com/safer-brand-wasp-and-hornet-killer-aerosol-14-oz-5730

Poison free.

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:

uuuucccckkk

defatting?  

Try this instead.  http://www.saferbrand.com/safer-brand-wasp-and-hornet-killer-aerosol-14-oz-5730

Poison free.

Dana

Not poison-free if you have wings and six legs. devil

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2016
    MistyMist said:

uuuucccckkk

defatting?  

A little known complaint, but well known to people who work (or used to work) in the Contract cleaning industry.  Think of a highly advanced case of wrinkly fingers for spending too long with them in soapy water. The detergent (or other chemicals) draw all the natural oils out of the skin. Skin can start cracking and peeling off in dry sheets.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166

This clown wanted to eat yesterday so I decided to try Burger King's new hotdog.  I picked the "Chili-Cheese" dog.  Not recommending paying $2.29 for it.  I would have complained if I'd gotten that for a quarter at a small town fair.  It may be 100% beef but I'm not sure which parts of the cow.  And the chili and cheese tasted weird.  And if it could actually be as big as a store bought hotdog that might help.  Gets an LG rating of 2 out of 5.

Dah... dah dah dah dah dah DAH...! Sorry, all I had was a fanfare. 

edited June 2016

I liked Mr. Peanut better when he wasn't such a smart@$$. "Stick it in your piehole," indeed. That is my complaint.

Post edited by TJohn on
  • Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited June 2016
    kyoto kid said:

...that's happened to a lot of old classics I remember. One was A & W root beer. Used to remember getting the big brown glass 1 gallon jug (that could be refilled) of that very tasty creamy headed root beer at the roadside stand on south Lake Drive in Milwaukee.

Oh man I remember that when I was a kid here in BC.  My dad would take the whole family into town on Friday after he got home from work.  We'd either have dinner at the Arf & Barf (Dog & Suds) or A&W and then drive to DQ for dessert.  When we finally got a McDonalds that was high class!  But he would always pick up about 5 or 6 of those jugs of A&W root beer for the week until next Friday.  Ah life as a kid back them was so much simpler.  smiley

Post edited by Stryder87 on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726

This clown wanted to eat yesterday so I decided to try Burger King's new hotdog.  I picked the "Chili-Cheese" dog.  Not recommending paying $2.29 for it.  I would have complained if I'd gotten that for a quarter at a small town fair.  It may be 100% beef but I'm not sure which parts of the cow.  And the chili and cheese tasted weird.  And if it could actually be as big as a store bought hotdog that might help.  Gets an LG rating of 2 out of 5.

I got the Double Texas Burger instead. Not bad (for fast food that is).

Zzzzzz  yawnulus  

complaint - find a company's sds pages and the thing i need isn't listed ... 

i need something for my troubles, like a trip to dsw shoes !!  momma needs new stretcher sketchers

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    kyoto kid said:
    Etrigan said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

Carvel-ers know, whensday is sundae, not toosday

...I miss Carvel.  we used to have them in Wisconsin but they were taken over by Tastee Freeze.  None out here in Oregon that I can find.

If you have a market owned by Kroger, you may find some. Our Fry's here carries a dedicated freezer of Carvel.

When I lived in Washington DC, (or was it Florida, hmmm) I remember our favorite ice cream was "Bear Claw", I believe we bought it at "Giant" food stores (or perhaps it was "Publix" food stores in Florida) and it was heavenly.  A deep, rich chocolate with chocolate chunks, cashews and something else semi-crunchy that I could never quite identify.   I lost it for many years then did find it again but they'd changed the recipe.  Either it was being made by a different company or the original company had been bought out by somebody else and they cheapened the ingredients.  It wasn't nearly as good as I remembered. sad  Since I've moved up to NY State I haven't seen it for years. crying

...that's happened to a lot of old classics I remember. One was A & W root beer. Used to remember getting the big brown glass 1 gallon jug (that could be refilled) of that very tasty creamy headed root beer at the roadside stand on south Lake Drive in Milwaukee. Natural sugar and sassafrass root gave way to HFCS and artificial flavourings to save money and make more profit.

Crikey, I remember when a 5¢ Hershey bar was bigger than the ones they sell for a nearly dollar today.

Oh and for a real sticker shock.  Was in a market the other day and passed the toy shelf where I say the old balsa gliders and prop planes I used to remember as a kid.  Back then you could get a "Jetfire" glider for 10¢ or a "Skeeter" prop plane for 15¢. For the same ones today the price was 2.49$ for the glider and as whopping 5.99$ the prop plane.  Back in the day, for 5.99$ I could get a 48" wingspan balsa and fabric glider kit (yeah, more assembly required) that could be rigged for radio control.

I just happend to be talking with my brother a few days ago.  He used to be a big model plane builder, (strings and or radio control).  Back in his day ('60' '70s), the planes were all made of balsa wood but apparently now the price of balsa has skyrocketed.  Perhaps it's yet another endangered species?  New materials are now used to substitute for balsa.

..had a lovely 185 Skylane I built that was radio control.  .049 glow plug motor (the "standard" of the day, still amazed I have all my fingers) three channel servo system (rudder, elevators, and engine). Actually drafted up plans to build a scale L-188 (to scale) off of actual tech drawings using two motors and two windmill props  Cost of the transmitter pretty much killed the project as I needed five channels for rudder, alerons, elevator, engines and retracting/extending the landing gear.  Balsa was still cheap back then.

Today now it's mostly foam core, lightweight plastics and for jets, lightweight netals to withstand the engine heat. Of all the models I've seen this still is one of the most impressive (yes it actually has a dozen motors).

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688

My CMS decided to act up on me, so smart content or connect would not work for me.  Trying to uninstall the cms and reinstall it to see if that would help  but it is not.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Someone driving around the block delivering a distorted rant via loudspeaker - advertising a car sharing service (?) - as dawn breaks over unmoved city towers :)

edited June 2016
    ps1borg said:

Morning. Someone driving around the block delivering a distorted rant via loudspeaker - advertising a car sharing service (?) - as dawn breaks over unmoved city towe"rs :)

"Share your car with me - I promise it'll be okay."

Post edited by TJohn on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688

I think someone was wondering if I had Win 10 home or Win 10 pro and I think it was in this thread.   I have Win 10 pro because it is an upgrade from Win 7 Pro.  When I bought this machine I got win 7 pro on purpose.

My CMS decided to act up on me, so smart content or connect would not work for me.  Trying to uninstall the cms and reinstall it to see if that would help  but it is not.

...gave up on the CMS a while ago. Most of my content was installed from my backups before the DIM so Iit doesn't have the metadata.

content install woes better with BEER

Sorry...

What was the question?

Tjohn said:
    DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:

uuuucccckkk

defatting?  

Poison free.

Dana

Not poison-free if you have wings and six legs. devil

No.  But that would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?  cheeky

Dana

Tjohn said:

I liked Mr. Peanut better when he wasn't such a smart@$$. "Stick it in your piehole," indeed. That is my complaint.

I agree.

Dana

...Elaine should have said "dingoes ate your baby".

kyoto kid said:

...Elaine should have said "dingoes ate your baby".

Exactly what I thought.

Tired...

Grumpy...

Bedlaugh

not a good time these days to live at sea level 

she says from where she lives at sea level. 

what are wellies?  wellies sounds useful.  something about a Glastonbury festival and needing wellies.

all my complaints today are repeats.

MistyMist said:

what are wellies?  wellies sounds useful.  something about a Glastonbury festival and needing wellies.

Wellingtons. Rubber boots. 

Can I just state for the record that I absolutely hate appliances that feel the need to beep at me repeatedly!?

Ive got to go run downstairs now... The coffee machine is about to turn off which means, you guessed it, its about to beep at me very loudly! Six times!!!

Can I just state for the record that I absolutely hate appliances that feel the need to beep at me repeatedly!?

Ive got to go run downstairs now... The coffee machine is about to turn off which means, you guessed it, its about to beep at me very loudly! Six times!!!

But modern conveniences are so convenient. devil

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited June 2016
    MistyMist said:

And what Misty hasn't said is the the photo is taken in London,  n ot anywhere near the sea.    The subways have turned into swimming pools. 

And of course today is Poling day in the EU referendum

And yet another Polling Station

Post edited by Chohole on

leaking subways is up there with my top terrors

dont know if is true, but i read somewhere Germany flooded their subways during the war?

so easily confused these days.

dunno which is the one i was eating in the 80s

toffifee.JPG
    905 x 694 - 103K
This discussion has been closed.