My Lease Is Nearly Up On The Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    MistyMist said:

Carvel-ers know, whensday is sundae, not toosday

...I miss Carvel.  we used to have them in Wisconsin but they were taken over by Tastee Freeze.  None out here in Oregon that I can find.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678

Ivan sneaked into my DIM.

...OK now "officially" summer here. Was 83° in the 'hood yesterday, Mid 70s today which is pretty much normal. for this time of year.  Thor'sDay and FishFryday looks to be a bit wet, then up into hte 80s for the next week.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

Where do I sign up?

Roaming Phone Plan.jpg
    330 x 300 - 24K
    Stryder87 said:

Where do I sign up?

Summer and Sunny are enjoying their new home.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,003
    edited June 2016

It almost rained today. Still got a "weather headache". A revoltin' development. Pass the aspirin and generic zyrtec please.

Post edited by TJohn on
  • EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

...I miss Carvel.  we used to have them in Wisconsin but they were taken over by Tastee Freeze.  None out here in Oregon that I can find.

If you have a market owned by Kroger, you may find some. Our Fry's here carries a dedicated freezer of Carvel.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

long island needs dairy queens!   wanna try one o them ice cream blizzards

I am getting sleepy but It is not even eight pm yet.

nuttin wrong with early.  is good time to daydream and visualize scenes to write

hearing thunders

It is now nine pm and I want to go to sleep

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,163
    edited June 2016
    Etrigan said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

If you have a market owned by Kroger, you may find some. Our Fry's here carries a dedicated freezer of Carvel.

When I lived in Washington DC, (or was it Florida, hmmm) I remember our favorite ice cream was "Bear Claw", I believe we bought it at "Giant" food stores (or perhaps it was "Publix" food stores in Florida) and it was heavenly.  A deep, rich chocolate with chocolate chunks, cashews and something else semi-crunchy that I could never quite identify.   I lost it for many years then did find it again but they'd changed the recipe.  Either it was being made by a different company or the original company had been bought out by somebody else and they cheapened the ingredients.  It wasn't nearly as good as I remembered. sad  Since I've moved up to NY State I haven't seen it for years. crying

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726

The puppy just peed on the kitchen floor.

angry

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,084
    Tjohn said:

Good advice.

Ya think?  laugh

Dana

Tjohn said:

And we have liftoff...

Is that Mrs. Wan Hu?

No flying cars yet, but chairs...we can do that!  laugh

Dana

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2016

Went for all day yesterday with Shirly Temple singing "The Good Ship Lollypop" in my head.

Thank goodness it was gone when I woke up.

........................Aaaaand, she's back. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

Post edited by Petercat on
  • PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    edited June 2016
    DanaTA said:
    Tjohn said:

Good advice.

Ya think?  laugh

Dana

Did they use paint stripper to clean the blood off?

Post edited by Petercat on

@LeatherGrypon: Sorry to hear about your technical woes.  Monitors may cost a lot less than years ago, but they're still expensive...especially on a fixed income.

Dana

MistyMist said:

long island needs dairy queens!   wanna try one o them ice cream blizzards

..we have several of them out here.

edited June 2016
    Etrigan said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

When I lived in Washington DC, (or was it Florida, hmmm) I remember our favorite ice cream was "Bear Claw", I believe we bought it at "Giant" food stores (or perhaps it was "Publix" food stores in Florida) and it was heavenly.  A deep, rich chocolate with chocolate chunks, cashews and something else semi-crunchy that I could never quite identify.   I lost it for many years then did find it again but they'd changed the recipe.  Either it was being made by a different company or the original company had been bought out by somebody else and they cheapened the ingredients.  It wasn't nearly as good as I remembered. sad  Since I've moved up to NY State I haven't seen it for years. crying

...that's happened to a lot of old classics I remember. One was A & W root beer. Used to remember getting the big brown glass 1 gallon jug (that could be refilled) of that very tasty creamy headed root beer at the roadside stand on south Lake Drive in Milwaukee. Natural sugar and sassafrass root gave way to HFCS and artificial flavourings to save money and make more profit.

Crikey, I remember when a 5¢ Hershey bar was bigger than the ones they sell for a nearly dollar today.

Oh and for a real sticker shock.  Was in a market the other day and passed the toy shelf where I say the old balsa gliders and prop planes I used to remember as a kid.  Back then you could get a "Jetfire" glider for 10¢ or a "Skeeter" prop plane for 15¢. For the same ones today the price was 2.49$ for the glider and as whopping 5.99$ the prop plane.  Back in the day, for 5.99$ I could get a 48" wingspan balsa and fabric glider kit (yeah, more assembly required) that could be rigged for radio control.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2016

[footy]

Well, Croatia surprisingly upset Euro powerhouse Spain today 2 -1 to advance to the top of their group and move on the the next level.  Fortunatenly no flare "incidents" this time.(that actually happened in the Turkey Czech match where Turkey cam out the victor 2 -0). As long as ther are no more distrubances from the stands, Croatia has a good chance to win it all.

Idemo Hrvatska!

[/footy]

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited June 2016
    Petercat said:

Went for all day yesterday with Shirly Temple singing "The Good Ship Lollypop" in my head.

........................Aaaaand, she's back. I need to learn to keep my mouth shut.

There are worse earworms. Like anything by Bobby Goldsboro.

Post edited by TJohn on
    kyoto kid said:

[footy]

Well, Croatia surprisingly upset Euro powerhouse Spain today 2 -1 to advance to the top of their group and move on the the next level.  Fortunatenly no flare "incidents" this time.(that actually happened in the Turkey Czech match where Turkey cam out the victor 2 -0). As long as ther are no more distrubances from the stands, Croatia has a good chance to win it all.

Idemo Hrvatska!

[/footy]

Not so surprisingly Argentina beat USA 4-0. crying

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Tjohn said:
    Petercat said:

Did he make anything apart from  "Honey"

• MN-150374MN-150374 Posts: 923
    edited June 2016
    Tjohn said:
    kyoto kid said:

[footy]

Idemo Hrvatska!

[/footy]

Not so surprisingly Argentina beat USA 4-0. crying

Argentina lost the final last time against Chile. It would not be a surprise if this would happen again this year.

For the European Championship don´t expect to much at the moment. The tournament was expanded to 24 countries. It becomes interesting when the round of the last sixteen starts. Yesterday Spain was already qualified for the next round and Croatia was more eager to win.

Post edited by MN-150374 on
    Chohole said:
    Tjohn said:
    Petercat said:

Did he make anything apart from  "Honey"

"Watching Scotty Grow" really just the only other one I remember, but his voice is more or less nails on the blackboard of my mind. wink

kyoto kid said:
    Etrigan said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

...that's happened to a lot of old classics I remember. One was A & W root beer. Used to remember getting the big brown glass 1 gallon jug (that could be refilled) of that very tasty creamy headed root beer at the roadside stand on south Lake Drive in Milwaukee. Natural sugar and sassafrass root gave way to HFCS and artificial flavourings to save money and make more profit.

Crikey, I remember when a 5¢ Hershey bar was bigger than the ones they sell for a nearly dollar today.

Oh and for a real sticker shock.  Was in a market the other day and passed the toy shelf where I say the old balsa gliders and prop planes I used to remember as a kid.  Back then you could get a "Jetfire" glider for 10¢ or a "Skeeter" prop plane for 15¢. For the same ones today the price was 2.49$ for the glider and as whopping 5.99$ the prop plane.  Back in the day, for 5.99$ I could get a 48" wingspan balsa and fabric glider kit (yeah, more assembly required) that could be rigged for radio control.

I just happend to be talking with my brother a few days ago.  He used to be a big model plane builder, (strings and or radio control).  Back in his day ('60' '70s), the planes were all made of balsa wood but apparently now the price of balsa has skyrocketed.  Perhaps it's yet another endangered species?  New materials are now used to substitute for balsa.

edited June 2016
    kyoto kid said:
    Etrigan said:
    kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

We forget that in the '50s a nickel was equivalent to a modern 50 cent piece (if you ever see one).  Even in the '60s you could get a new Pontiac for $2,500 and a Cadillac for $5,000 and a house for $10,000.  A yearly income of $7,000 was high.  Think ten to one, ten to one.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

crick in my neck

hurties in my feet

job task boring me into a mental comatose state

This discussion has been closed.