Urban Sprawl 3 ...It's here(in the store...no really..go see)!...(Commercial)

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569

..crikey 8,000 x 8,000 textures, looks like I'll need that 24 GB Quadro M6000 after all. ;-)

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

I'm pretty sure I never used the 8k map,it was being used as a mask for the road surface but I ended up changing it for a smaller mask..it's probably listed as the mask is still left in the textures folder

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/160951  the white dots aren't noise it's DA Let It Snow

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited June 2016

It's an amazing set and playing around with it laughyes  Did a test blush

Post edited by 3dLux on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,569

...nice moonlit scene.

kyoto kid said:

...nice moonlit scene.

Thanks, KK blushangel

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

looks like you've loaded the wrong version?..remember to use the Iray version only with the Iray render engine,and the 3delight version only with 3delight 

3dLux said:

• JoelleJoelle Posts: 180

I have a great idea with this set.....hmm was saving for another one, jungle by AM but won some money with a challenge, and gonna spend that on this I think. I have not so many favorites here, 4 or so...I think my wallet can deal with this AND the jungle, hope Sveva & Jack Tomalin hold there horses for a little time .....cool Someone did a 3dl render with this set?? I don't like to work with iray so much.

looks like you've loaded the wrong version?..remember to use the Iray version only with the Iray render engine,and the 3delight version only with 3delight 

3dLux said:

Hi Stonemason, I use neither Iray nor 3Delight: I almost always use Realty/LuxRender.  In my experience 3Dl materials tend to look better in it but in some cases Iray materials are the way to go so it's a matter of testing blush

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321

Plus you get some busses,  a police car and a delivery truck. 

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

For those who have not noticed, the city blocks are roughly 9500 units long and wide.  So to put these back to back you have to move them in multiples of 9500

Dont forget to use instancing to enlarge your city.

ps, I tried but the luxury jet by Polish does and does not fit.

• DamanyoDamanyo Posts: 44
    edited June 2016

Good one Diggrdude, now I'm waiting to see what happens with the dragon and the bananas....and the snow.

Thanks 3delinquent ​, btw: Dragon tattoo! ;)

xyero said:
    ThatGuy said:

It's a nice set and all, but well, it's way over my budget. I only pay $30+ for a bundle not invidifual items.  I'm cheap that way.  I think I'll wait until it goes on the "Flash Sale", which is probably never, but hey, you never know.  Fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossedcool

This is a bundle! Five blocks bundled into one product with extras. At this price, NOW is the time to get it. IMHO.

ThatGuy With the current promotional offer, I got all this for just under $50; mega deal IMHO ( ;) xyero ):

012SS.png
    300 x 271 - 22K
    Post edited by Damanyo on
  • neilw711neilw711 Posts: 18

Absoutely pathetic! This set isn't Poser compatible. I have all your other stuff including the older Urban Sprawl sets but the fact that you make this specifically for Daz made me angry (-_-) 

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

Oh yes.  This WILL be mine.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    DiggrDude said:

Good one Diggrdude, now I'm waiting to see what happens with the dragon and the bananas....and the snow.

Thanks 3delinquent ​, btw: Dragon tattoo! ;)

xyero said:
    ThatGuy said:

It's a nice set and all, but well, it's way over my budget. I only pay $30+ for a bundle not invidifual items.  I'm cheap that way.  I think I'll wait until it goes on the "Flash Sale", which is probably never, but hey, you never know.  Fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossedcool

This is a bundle! Five blocks bundled into one product with extras. At this price, NOW is the time to get it. IMHO.

ThatGuy With the current promotional offer, I got all this for just under $50; mega deal IMHO ( ;) xyero ):

Well...that was short lived indecision.  I ended up buying it afterall considering I got 2 other stonemason products for free and the road eagle motorcycle for half the price. All in all I got 4 products, of which 3 of 'em are stonemason's for a little over $51 bucks. I guess not too bad for the price afterall.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,888

Sprawl backdrop... very nice attention to so much detail.

UHT Rainbow in the Big Urban Sprawl 3.png
    1080 x 1080 - 3M
  • Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

I've been following this thread for a while, and have been hugely interested in the Urban Sprawl new release - I'm also pretty suprised it's $41. While that is out of my budget (because I'm a "starving artist" who's just not making much money right now), it's still priced less than what I expected it would be because of how HUGE it is. It's, hands down, the biggest environment for Daz that I've ever seen. It's going to add some AMAZING scope and realism to city life renders. I'm so excited by the product and can't wait to see what you all (who can afford it) will do with it! Please be generous with posting your renders with it. I can't wait to see the new art that gets created with it!

Same here. Stoney could have released four $30 sets and we'd still think it was a deal. Wonderful set. (Do you mind if I call you Stoney? cheeky)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Sigh....Going to have to wait on this one... Its so absolutely gorgeous though its now at the very top of the wishlist..

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited June 2016

Very nice but can't afford it right now. 

I have a problem though with stonemasons stuff looking so real! The characters and their clothing don't measure up. wink

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131

I've spent way too much in the last few months, but I still can't afford NOT to buy it. Buy a gift card first for $100, and then with the 12% discount it takes the relative price of US3 down to $36.93, add in the freebies, and you're basically paying $20-25 for it. I doubt it will be at that price again anytime soon.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063

One minor quibble - I've been playing on the rooftops and I don't see any that have an access. Not all that hard to cobble up a door, so no big deal, but . . .

• neilw711 said:

Absoutely pathetic! This set isn't Poser compatible. I have all your other stuff including the older Urban Sprawl sets but the fact that you make this specifically for Daz made me angry (-_-) 

Stonemason said, a couple of pages back:

and re OBJ's..I will be sending them in after the weekend so the preoduct will be updated next week with obj downloads should people need them for imports to other apps

• MartialMartial Posts: 404
    edited June 2016

I bought Urban sprawl 3 because i have many Stonemason products and all are excellent

This one could be the same

I was interested in rendering some night scene in Iray materials I begin with some blocks but the rendering are all fade in Iray with night material

Here print screen showing  this ; first the scene and second the render

Some suggestions or some render setting to correct this ???

Thanks

ScreenShot001 the scene iray night.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 430K
    ScreenShot002 the scene rendered iray.jpg
    1000 x 625 - 533K
    Post edited by Martial on
  • It looks as if you are using the default HDR, which is far too light for a night scene.

• MartialMartial Posts: 404

thanks Richard 

I will try again  but how to change the defaut HDR ?

I just realize that i never need to change the defaut  Iray render setting except the pixel size

Can someone who has rendered already with it, tell me what the memory load is with all 5 blocks? I've had this in my cart for a few hours, but a little afraid to buy if I can't use it to its full potential.

• JoepingletonJoepingleton Posts: 746
    edited June 2016

Great Product.  I couldn't resist buying it on sale.  

Attached is my first quick experiment, it's created  using a 5 x 5 grid of instances of the city blocks.

Also attached is my second quick experiment in full daylight and using one block and a few character instances added to fill the empty streets.  

BigCity01a.jpg
    975 x 300 - 114K
    busyStreet01.jpg
    960 x 540 - 260K
    Post edited by Joepingleton on
  • HorusRaHorusRa Posts: 1,662
    edited June 2016

Kind of a quick test. I could have optimized some of the metals just a bit more, but since it was just a fun test, I left it as is. Sunset hdri. Very nice set indeed.

In The City.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by HorusRa on

How many iterations did it take to get that render?

HorusRa said:

Kind of a quick test. I could have optimized some of the metals just a bit more, but since it was just a fun test, I left it as is. Sunset hdri. Very nice set indeed.

• 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

The different architectural styles in this set are excellent.