Urban Sprawl 3 ...It's here(in the store...no really..go see)!...(Commercial)

Comments

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

'So Urban Sprawl 3 is coming with banana-yellow winter-terrain hotpants?'.

Unfortunately no. It was pointed out in a now superseded thread title that hotpants, chaps, thongs and bananas are all sold seperately. :(

I'm also a bit suspicious there will be no support for winter terrains in the readme for Urban Sprawl 3.

The current Urban Sprawl 3 Render Challenge includes;

A guy in leather chaps and thong.

A girl in a banana yellow sexy santa outfit.

A dragon.

Snow.

That's already a little beyond my product library but at least I'll have Urban Sprawl 3 SooooooooooooooooooooooooooN! ? :)

got this covered and rendering ok he's not actually in chaps he's got the morphing panty hoes and made them yellow too

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited June 2016

This was an instant buy. I'm sure I've mentioned countless times how much I was looking forward to seeing Urban Sprawl 3 (I have both the previous ones), but seeing it in the store I had to blink twice to make sure I wasn't hallucinating! What I find particularly incredible is the amazing deal that accompanied it! I figured I'd take full advantage and snapped up two of the freebies, and a discounted house boat!

I can't even begin to imagine how much work was put into this set. It's gorgeous down to the last signpost. Are you truly one person, or do you have a horde of elves working behind the scenes on your behalf?

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794

It's a nice set and all, but well, it's way over my budget. I only pay $30+ for a bundle not invidifual items.  I'm cheap that way.  I think I'll wait until it goes on the "Flash Sale", which is probably never, but hey, you never know.  Fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossedcool

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798

Well now I own pretty much HALF of all of Stonemason's offerings... and another quarter make up most of my wish list!

Can't wait to get rendering!

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634

8000 x 8000 maps....oh drool and dude, dude some of those night time renders are some of the best I have seen done in software like DS. 

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471

I balked a bit at the price until I saw what all the set included. Cannot pass this one up, worth every penny. 

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501
    edited June 2016

I'll be buying this when I get home -- the value of this pack is already faaaar above professional assets I've seen elsewhere :)

edit: How does this set perform memory-wise? Is there a way to get low-res textures so I don't choke my video card during skyline renders with iray?

Post edited by mtl1 on

you should see inside the buildings yes you can zoom into the buildings lots of posters advertising oh and if you don't have any cars or buses or trucks don't worry you get some of those too even police cars

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899

... if you don't have any cars or buses or trucks don't worry you get some of those too even police cars

I noticed this too.  I was very pleasantly surprised!  It looks like a static version of the police car from http://www.daz3d.com/city-ruins-vehicles.

Nice!

gotta get some sleep but here's sneaky peak of render rendering those 3 ladies in the background that's one of the displays in one of the shop windows oh and the white spots that's snow I added from DA Let It Snow, and behind the render window you can see bit of the outfit the guy is wearing didn't have chaps well might have a version didn't look to hard but I gave him the morphing pantyhose and yellow so think got everything in here lady in sexy yellow santa outfit, a dragon and a guy in a thong and chaps - substituted with panthoes and snowing think this'll take awhile to complete rendering

Image1 urbansprawl3 project preview 421am180616.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 405K
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,059

<sigh> There goes my summer. It's going to take that long just to explore this place. Does anyone know if Studio has a limit on the number of cameras you can define for any given scene?

Stonemason and Daz were holding out on us!!!!

Check out the released date!  laugh

Holding Out.jpg
    645 x 1024 - 140K
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    Stryder87 said:

Some things are worth waiting for!

• Josette3dJosette3d Posts: 41
    Stryder87 said:

I noticed that too ! funny!

• Three WishesThree Wishes Posts: 471
    edited June 2016

It's bad enough I didn't budget for the base set, but the tie-ins. Half off the catalog. [EDIT] in a last-minute burst of common sense I managed to avoid going completely stupid-crazy.

Post edited by Three Wishes on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,422

too bad not for Poser. 

• As you offer a game license option for your products, is there any chance that the obj files could also be incldued with this pack as was the case with Urban Sprawl 2?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

and re OBJ's..I will be sending them in after the weekend so the preoduct will be updated next week with obj downloads should people need them for imports to other apps

• NagraNagra Posts: 99
    daveso said:

too bad not for Poser. 

I have a native Poser version of the set on my Mac. Conversion was straight forward except for the street surface. But this mini challenge took me just 3 minutes and i had the street shader finished. Still have to do some fine tuning but my first renders look already quite good (both FireFly and SuperFly).

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    Chohole said:

and re OBJ's..I will be sending them in after the weekend so the preoduct will be updated next week with obj downloads should people need them for imports to other apps

Thanks Cho for this info. 

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606

Stoneman

You are the definition of "Worth the Wait".

I loved the promo pics from like a million years ago, but these? WOW!

I see you're going to have some OBJ's for us soon and that IS very much appreciated. 

It means I can use your stuff in Carrara (probably)

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited June 2016

Here is the fun I had with US3 today :)  I also added my hair salon into the scene :)

Urban Lucille.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    Post edited by Slosh on
  • DamanyoDamanyo Posts: 44
    edited June 2016

It's all been said so eloquintley in this very fun thread! Except maybe, SuperStar!!! (meant positively ;) )

010SS.png
    300 x 274 - 157K
    009SS.png
    300 x 274 - 175K
    Post edited by Damanyo on
  • wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 Posts: 183
    edited June 2016
    Nagra said:
    daveso said:

too bad not for Poser. 

I have a native Poser version of the set on my Mac. Conversion was straight forward except for the street surface. But this mini challenge took me just 3 minutes and i had the street shader finished. Still have to do some fine tuning but my first renders look already quite good (both FireFly and SuperFly).

Yes, import via Dimension3D's DSON importer gets everything in. And yes. RoadTile shader had to corrected and some finetuning was needed for the windows (added a reflect node) and all was done. Then save as scene in the library as native poser file.

Post edited by wimvdb_dc63ee9ce6 on
  • 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

Good one Diggrdude, now I'm waiting to see what happens with the dragon and the bananas....and the snow.

• AlienRendersAlienRenders Posts: 790

Wasn't gonna buy it (at least not right away), but then I saw the promo deals. Then saw there's a bonus discount. Really good value.

Good one Diggrdude, now I'm waiting to see what happens with the dragon and the bananas....and the snow.

I'm working on the dragons!  laugh

• Hi, guys!  I just wandered by to see if there was anything new in the Daz sto -- HOLY TOLEDO!!!!

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677
    edited June 2016
    ThatGuy said:

It's a nice set and all, but well, it's way over my budget. I only pay $30+ for a bundle not invidifual items.  I'm cheap that way.  I think I'll wait until it goes on the "Flash Sale", which is probably never, but hey, you never know.  Fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossedcool

This is a bundle! Five blocks bundled into one product with extras. At this price, NOW is the time to get it. IMHO.

Post edited by xyer0 on
    Stryder87 said:

well previous versions mentioned were a few years in the making soooo he's been working on this then for a very very very very long long long time :)