New Release: Dystopian Weapons Cache [Commercial]

124»

Comments

• KageRyuKageRyu Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

rg5a said:
    Font too thick?

yes. I'm not sure which font Greycat uses, but I do not have one that matches exactly installed, so I used one of the closer I could find.

For my attemp I used a custom light set I have made for promos and such. I just set the render to textureless, and rendered over neutral grey. I saved out of Poser Pro as a png which took care of transparancy nicely - just slipped a layer underneath filled with white.

I added the green arrows to try to show the parenting chain, but looking back I think they may just be more confusing than helpful, and adding unescessary clutter.

• GreycatGreycat Posts: 332
    edited December 1969

I used SF Cartoonist Hand a free font from Blambot comic fonts
    http://www.blambot.com/
    I got it there along time ago and I don’t see it listed, but there are a lot of similar fonts.

• KageRyuKageRyu Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info Greycat. I could probably track it down now that I have the name. There are a lot of Font Archives out there (I even have a lot on CD uninstalled, so it might be there somewhere too). I used to collect fonts, but I'm on my third PC gearing up to upgrade again, been through over a dozen HDs... so not everything got reinstalled the last few times.

• Moebius87Moebius87 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

KageRyu said:
    Got some poses up for m4, mentioned in commercial area. Here's some of what I have been using the weapons for.

Did you ever get the link to the free seamless tile hires camo patterns I sent you?

I was originally playing with a plug-in filter, then I decided to try painting a few which I then ran through a couple of filters. In the end they look like urban camouflage patterns with a hexagonal base grid. I have about sixteen variants at the moment, but I will attempt a few more for vehicles also.

Cheers! — Möe

edited December 1969

On another note...

It would be awesome to see some "zombie-fighting" renders (in keeping with the upcoming Halloween season), using the retractable twin bayonet attachment for our Baradum-AR.

:cheese:

Cheers! — Möe

WIP-Baradum-K04.jpg
    600 x 450 - 49K
  • rg5arg5a Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Also good for marshmallows... :cheese:

edited December 1969

Moe;

Just a little FYI, it’s not really possible to pose Baradum with the drum magazine in place. With the hand on the hand grip there is no way you can bend the arm that it doesn’t pass thru the drum magazine.
    Perhaps it would be possible to lengthen the top of the magazine so drum hangs below the gun as shown?

Uban_CC.jpg
    600 x 600 - 23K
    ucc.jpg
    600 x 600 - 28K
  • myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

I think you just need to rotate the hand a little

edited December 1969

Greycat said:
    Moe;

Just a little FYI, it’s not really possible to pose Baradum with the drum magazine in place. With the hand on the hand grip there is no way you can bend the arm that it doesn’t pass thru the drum magazine.
    Perhaps it would be possible to lengthen the top of the magazine so drum hangs below the gun as shown?

Not a problem at all, Greycat.

We could easily extend it a little bit, but dropping it as low as you've shown might make this very ungainly. I've looked at a number of "drum" magazines and the reason that they all work is because they are in a standard (not bullpup) configuration. I should make that adjustment for you. :)

Cheers! — Möe

edited December 1969

I agree that a drum magazine in a bullpup is probably not a good idea. Perhaps it in your next set you could make a standard assault rifle that would use the same magazines as Baradum.

• rg5arg5a Posts: 74
    edited December 1969

Well, usually you have several magazine types for each gun, but it's rare that they can be used for another one.

The drum magazine is more for a support version (LMG) BTW, so you'd rather use it prone, with a bipod, trying to force the hostiles to keep their heads down while your squad assaults/flanks them.

edited December 1969

Greycat said:
    I agree that a drum magazine in a bullpup is probably not a good idea. Perhaps it in your next set you could make a standard assault rifle that would use the same magazines as Baradum.

Yes... already in the works... for now it's called the "Assault Rifle - Standard Edition" or AR-SE for short. We love our catchy acronyms in Dystopia. :cheese:

Cheers! — Möe

edited December 1969

Kool!

edited December 1969

We are on SALE!!!

Just letting you know that the entire Team-Dystopia product theme category is on sale, including the Dystopian Weapons Cache for 30% off until the middle of the month. :cheese:

I've also modified the drum magazine as requested and tyger_purr is working on adjusting the textures. He should be checking in here shortly with an update.

Cheers! — Möe

• Tyger PurrTyger Purr Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I have the mag setup and the cache repackaged. It will be an additional prop.
    Now i just need to upload it to DAZ and let them do their part.

Moebius87 said:
    I've also modified the drum magazine as requested and tyger_purr is working on adjusting the textures. He should be checking in here shortly with an update.

Cheers! — Möe

Oh, i see how you are.... Two can play at that game :-P......
    Möe should have the new assault rifle ready very soon >:-D

edited December 1969

A little render in honor Of your sale!

Take_Cover.jpg
    600 x 600 - 83K
    edited December 1969

I have uploaded the updated files to DAZ.

edited December 1969

I have just received word that the update is now live. There is an extended drum mag added for the baradum and a couple of tweaks on the extended mag and existing drum mag insertion location.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,884
    edited December 1969

I have just received word that the update is now live. There is an extended drum mag added for the baradum and a couple of tweaks on the extended mag and existing drum mag insertion location.

Thanks for the update and for letting us know, appreciated :)