Obtaining Data from Daz Connect

Comments

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506

I did,  and then they are all showing with the Download symbol (Install when you right click)  and then  it will download the items again..

Somehow it really doesn't look at it correctly.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Do they show in color or black and white?

edited June 2016

Randomly  Color or B/W.   But most of the time in Color.

When I re-imported the meta data, sometimes, some of them are OK but then I have other ones all the sudden as "install"  or  uncategorized.

Post edited by pkappetein on

I Just switched layout  from "city limits lite" to "hollywood blvd"  and now I have a bunch of  greyed out ones with the install option.

When I switch back to my "City limits lite"  now those all appear under the install Tab.   which was empty before.

edited June 2016

Did another import Metadata in the Db again, and now things are really messed up.   Even got a new icon in the corner now ??

ugh.PNG
    501 x 919 - 142K
    edited June 2016

Anyone knows a solution ?

Starting to think installing within the program I would be better off instead of using DIM.   but then it's going to be much much slower to install/download.

edited June 2016

OK, this is becoming worse and worse.

Did even a reset database and rescan the items..

They are all installed and I reinstall some of them  to see if it made a difference...  but nope...  it's becoming worse and worse

Am I the only one with this headache  since I can't use the items,   

the only solution is to delete everything  and start from scratch.. which is a pain  with every  purchase i make :(

Also  Daz Beta files are showing,  which I have hidden  in my DIM setup.

it seems that the items that don't have a check for the  "smart" database are the ones that are ending up like this..  and was never a problem with the previous version

INST.PNG
    999 x 626 - 343K
  • Exactly which version of DS is this - Help>About Daz Studio?

I didn't have this problem with the previous version

• That is odd - there were potential bugs in 4.9.0.something that could cause vital elements of the database to be lost, but those were fixed by 4.9.1.x. Have you ever adjusted the diectory or port used by PostgreSQL?

I moved my whole Library to a different drive, and re-downloaded everything (just in case)

Did not change the port..  (Isn't that for Online getting data only? )

or is that for re-importing the Meta Data from the net..   Cause  I unstalled all the grey ones,  and re-installed through DIM, and they are still grayed out.

Did a  Database reset,  re-import , clean.

and from  5 in the beginning, i know have 40+ items :(  saying that it's not installed,  but they are.  and re-installing doesn't fix it.

(A full re-install will fix it,  but then the problem comes back)

Seems like downloading through the Daz program  is the only way to get rid of it..  but that's so fricken slow..  

• The port is used for DS to communicate wuith PostgreSQL - it uses a net connection though only on the local machine, not going through the Internet. The database is stored in the Cluster Directory, that has nothing to do with the content library locations. Both are set in Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings tab (or Daz Studio>Preferences>CMS Settings for a Mac) - but don't change them if they are, as far as you know, still at their defaults.

Am I understanding that this is not all content that shows uninstalled (grey thumbnail) but only some?

edited June 2016

it  seems that all the items that don't have a checkmark by the "smart" database  in DIM,   those are the ones that are missing.  at least from the 20 i re-did.

aik1.PNG
    1406 x 657 - 236K
    aik2.PNG
    1370 x 585 - 211K
    am1.PNG
    1365 x 703 - 111K
    am2.PNG
    1355 x 673 - 266K
    edited June 2016

here you can clearly see this.. so i think this a a huge bug

total of151 that are like tht

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Starting to think installing within the program I would be better off instead of using DIM.   but then it's going to be much much slower to install/download.

How slow has it been sorting this out? :)

• If there's no check mark then nothing was entered in the CMS for that product - that might simply indicate that the item lacked metadata, though if it's showing as available for Connect (and has user facing files) that shouldn't be true if you are using the current version of the package. However if the item should have metadata (and I'm pretty sure at least some of those items do) then it suggests that there was an issue communicating between the CMS and DIM - if you'd closed DS before opening DIM, or closed and reopened DIM with DS closed, it's possible for the CMS to still be shutting down from the application exit when DIM is starting and as a result it will not be running once DIM is open - in general don't close DIM and reopen, or close DS and open DIM, in quick succession (at least without checking the task manager to be sure that there are no remaining instances of PostgreSQL running).

edited June 2016

There is nothing else weird running... I even reboot the laptop a lot of times.

I always install through DIM and  Daz  is closed. once I closed DIM,  then i start Daz and it updates all the meta data..

and 2nd.. I installed all the items all at once,   so  i do not close in between... 

I checked all 1840 items,  and all the  greyed out ones are the ones that don't have a checkmark for the Database..     

Even if Dim/CMS was still running in the background,  it's odd that only those ones are not done properly

2nd.   I did also a clear Database and re-imported the metadata.  and then scanned the drive for the products..  and  ended up wit the same result.

edited June 2016
    nicstt said:

How slow has it been sorting this out? :)

I tried it with about 5 files..    through DIM  it takes abour 40-50 seconds  (around 600-700 Mb)

Within Daz about 10-15 minutes.

• Well, it isn't just the check marks - I installed the Body Armor for Hiro and it doesn't have metadata (no check mark in DIM, appears in Lost and Found in DS) but the DIM install is avaialble in DS Smart Content.

idk then, maybe there is another factor in play.

it all started when i only had 3-4 items like that,  and i did a  DB Maintenance and  did  re-import  Meta Data

then the items we're still not normal and even added more..  so I did a  clean Database  and  then re-did the meta data.

That's how it ended up like this..

After that I uninstalled the files,  an then  install the files  and nothing changed...

I DID also  e-mailed the person for the CPA (Content Package Assist)   since  uninstalling custom packages wasn't clearing it out of the Database either.

and he forwarded my message to Daz.

• If you right-click on the items in the products tab of Smart Content do they have an Explore option in the menu?

edited June 2016

No they don't. under the install Tab.  (where they are all located)

under the smart content tab same thing.

Only the install is available

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,731
    edited June 2016

OK, just checking it wasn't grey for some reason but actually installed.

Do you have the Lost and Found category?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited June 2016

yes i do,  they are under that one as well (grey ones)

as well some installed one, but stating under Daz Connect as Not installed.

have 451 under that tab.

edited June 2016

Did another clear database and re-installed the Metadata.

Now they are not showing at all Gray anymore,  instead I get  triangles with a !  in it.  under lost and fount.

Lost and found has 444 items,  and some of them are installed,  and even brand new from the store downloaded today..

This is becoming really frustraded...  spend over 3K and  1/2 of them  I can't use..

• Lost and Found is stuff that isn't (fully) categorised. Although ahrder to find, in the category-drive views, it is usable (other things permitting). Therea re two triangles-with-!s, depending on where they are one is just a missing thumbnail the other is a missing file. The former is less serious than the latter.

I figured that the ! ones are missing files,  but when i click on explorer I get the item that I had installed. 

So Idk what the problem is..

I cleaned the Db 3-4 times, and re-imported the Meta,  and every time i get different results...  so that's odd too.

Guess I will delete/uninstall everything Again and clean the folders and registry and start all over again.

I e-mail Daz last week,  and no comment from them either so far.

I always downloaded the DS and PS files.  (I don't have Poser)   

Guess I can uncheck Poser,  so I don't get all the poser files...    (Could that be a problem??)

• I doubt the Poser files are the issue - in some cases (such as the Hiro Body Armour I was testing) the Poser files are needed for DS (the DS files are just extra material settings for 3Delight).

ugh... so I do need to install the poser files as well then..

Then I don't know what the problem is anymore. 

I had a copy of the previous version, but forgot to make a backup of the other files  CMS or whatever it was. (Database)

What's making my version so messed up, and others don't have these problems..

ok, i re-installed everything... and the items are still showing as install (the symbol at the right top)  and 15 others missing, but they are installed.

I started from scratch completely. deleted everything, incl folders, reg settings,  and re-downloaded the whole 100 Gb.

This is getting really frustrating..

Any suggestions?

lib1.PNG
    803 x 936 - 436K
    lib2.PNG
    681 x 901 - 916K