New Release: Genesis Generation X2 (upgrade ends soon) [Commercial]

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

We hope.  :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

Patience young Jedi.

I am trying to hurry up and learn patience but I first am trying to decide if I want to work on procrastination tonight or tomorrow.

Seriously I am tired of waiting.

em53 said:

You need not be patient much longer. Updated GenX2 files in DIM today, file dates are 6/3/2016. The addon for Genesis 3 should not be much longer.

Yep.  I just got a bunch with packages dated 6/7.  All the plugins, plus updates for both GenX and GenX 2.  Hopefully... 

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565

It's annoying how often updates of things appear in DIM, but the ReadMe pages don't get updated with the info on the update for days, sometimes weeks later.

I would like to know if these updates are OK on 4.8, as I'm not updating DS to 4.9. Maybe i should keep backups of the previous installers.

I'd also like to know if, when Genesis 3 support appears, the updated GenX3 will be able to convert morphs from G3F to G3M and vice versa, and especially HD morphs. G2F/M conversions were possible with GenX2 of both SD and HD morphs, but could always be done with Transfer Utility too (or simply by copying the morph dsf and HD morph files and doing a bit of editing in a text editor); But Transfer Utility will not do G3M<>G3F HD morphs, and copying and editing doesn't work either, as for the first time since V2 and M2, the Genesis 3 male and female bases are no longer vertex compatible ao you can't just chuck a morph date file from one into the other anymore. As someone who has had good reason to move many morphs between M2 and the original Stephanie (she being M2's mesh with V2's shape and rig, so vertex compatible mesh whereas V2's wasn't), M3 and V3, D3 and S3, M4 and V4, G2M and G2F (generally morphs from the male figures that are very applicable to women if rendering realistic, active women, but omitted from the female moprh packs because they're not needed by people only doing sexy, fantasy pinup art and not bothered by the needs of realism), lacking the ability to move some HD morphs from G3M to G3F is one of the G3F limitations keeping me using G2F (but not the only one). I'm rather concerned that since everything GenX2 did could be done getting the exact same morph result using Transfer Utility, but with the added convenience when using GenX2  of not having to reset the morph display parameters, dial name, limits etc as is needed when using transfer utility instead, then the updated GenX2 for Genesis 3 may suffer the same limitation as transfer utility of not beiing able to youch HD morphs.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,246

Well, I think I remember reading that the G3 support will be an add-on, not a new version of the program. Don't know about crossing morphs from G3F to G3M and vice versa, since they no longer share the same mesh.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

I hope the new Generation X2 can do a better job than the transfer utility for Genesis 3. Right now pretty much every morph I have tried to transfer using the Transfer Utility gets messed up in some way. The body transfers ok, but the faces, particularly the eyes, are not correct, and frequently it is impossible to close the eyes on a transferred morph.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Downloading now. Thank you very much for this update.

I am unable to get this program to work since the update. Do I need to register it again or something?

The update probably has something to do with 4.9. Are you using 4,9? Or, more likely the most recent update to it?

• 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to Genesis 3.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

I have not updated yet, but the current version works fine in 4.9

I am using 4.9.2.70.

I am unable to drag any figure to the pane. I am uninstalling and reinstalling now.

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,874

Sigurd, do you have a multiple installation of DAZ, like 32 and 64 bit version or beta installed togheter?

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Appears to working now. What does this update change exactly?

• Ok I have new updates for GenX2 that say G3 for and then characters...does this mean it can do G3 now or are we waiting on an add on ?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,845

Ok I have new updates for GenX2 that say G3 for and then characters...does this mean it can do G3 now or are we waiting on an add on ?

I think we are waiting for the G3 add-on.

• dakkuuandakkuuan Posts: 305

I can't wait until the G3 addon... I hope it's an addon at least... I can hardly afford anything else... if that.

The 'G3' on the current add-ons are pretty clearly gen3 not the present G3

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

What is the update number??

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

...still on 4.8 becasue I'm too lazy to revise all my characters' skins.

• dizzy88dizzy88 Posts: 51

A couple months ago he said an update was coming to make it compatible with Daz Connect, so maybe it's that.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1132616/#Comment_1132616

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

I uninstalled and reinstalled. Appears to working now. What does this update change exactly?

According to the product readme:

2016-06-08 - updated GenX2 version for future compatibility.

So, prep work for the next version, basically.

• SGattonSGatton Posts: 51

Your prayers appear answered:

http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-3

• Hi.

I have been looking for a conversion of Terai Yuki 2 to Genesis 1 or 2 ffor a long time and I am wondering if this product can do the trick.

SGatton said:

Your prayers appear answered:

http://www.daz3d.com/genx2-addon-for-genesis-3

..you beat me to it, just saw myself.

Yes!!!

...c'mon Saturday Megabucks Lotto.  The Kid needs some new utilities to make evne more unique characters.

• SGattonSGatton Posts: 51
    kyoto kid said:

...c'mon Saturday Megabucks Lotto.  The Kid needs some new utilities to make evne more unique characters.

What can I say? I'm that kind of quick... Nah, I check every night around 1-2 in the morning to see what's available. Since I've been waiting on this, I thought I'd hit the thread quick after I bought it.