General Freebie Requests

Comments

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,626
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Does anyone have, or can anyone make, a Venus de Milo pose for V3 or V4 (or Genesis)? For that matter, even one for Posette would be all right. I just need a Venus de Milo for a render. Proper credit will be given (it's for the MMHB challenge...)

I can do a Genesis one if you haven't been helped. Are you transmapping out the arms, or what do you feel they should be doing?

And don't forget, in order to qualify for the freebie challenge it has to be free for everyone to download.

No problem, I can upload it to ShareCG or Rendo Free Stuff.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Cool. Just a bit concerned, wanted to avoid another endless discussion which would disrupt yet another freebie challenge.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,686
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Does anyone have, or can anyone make, a Venus de Milo pose for V3 or V4 (or Genesis)? For that matter, even one for Posette would be all right. I just need a Venus de Milo for a render. Proper credit will be given (it's for the MMHB challenge...)

I can do a Genesis one if you haven't been helped. Are you transmapping out the arms, or what do you feel they should be doing?

And don't forget, in order to qualify for the freebie challenge it has to be free for everyone to download.

SY: Genesis would be perfect: that's the one I'm using anyway. As long as the shoulders and forearms are in the right places.... Honestly, I was going to turn the upper arms off (visibility) and using second-skin gloves on the forearms and hands to show that she's snapping her fingers!

Any suggestions on the hair? My nearest approximation combines Mylochka's "Alderaan Braids" and "Golddigger" styles...

Chohole: All the more reason!

edited December 1969

chohole said:

SY: Genesis would be perfect: that's the one I'm using anyway. As long as the shoulders and forearms are in the right places.... Honestly, I was going to turn the upper arms off (visibility) and using second-skin gloves on the forearms and hands to show that she's snapping her fingers!

Any suggestions on the hair? My nearest approximation combines Mylochka's "Alderaan Braids" and "Golddigger" styles...

Chohole: All the more reason!

Here you go. The character doesn't look a ton like her, but maybe it will be useful as a starting point.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Yes, but it also shuts the links inside his page. I copy-pasted a fresh link to his page, which took me to the front page, and then tried to click on link shown and it says no access. :(

Edit: interesting, it is browser-dependant. Trying with Opera? Nope. Firefox? Yes. And I have much more permissive setup for Opera...

I just tried my bookmarked link to Ness's homepage and it worked fine and the links to his other pages ,I remember reading somewhere that you could only link to his homepage ....anyway somebody try this and see if it works .
    http://www.nessrepros.co.uk/index.php

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

No, it works as has been explained up above by copying the link, and pasting it into a new tab. It also works from a bookmark or favourtie link, but won't work from a link that someone else has posted.

I di also post that The Ness is aware of the issue, but doesn't know how to fix it, but is hoping to work out an arrangements whereby his stuff will reappear on another website, sometime in the future.

edited October 2012

Thanks, SickleYield. As someone already mentioned, though, there's no link for the download.

And I've got V5, but not the Evolution set. Could you do the pose to just set the joint rotations?

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • irmhov_39c4298e61irmhov_39c4298e61 Posts: 17
    edited December 1969

Ness Reproductions:

http://www.nessrepros.co.uk/
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited October 2012

carrie58 said:
    Skiriki said:
    Yes, but it also shuts the links inside his page. I copy-pasted a fresh link to his page, which took me to the front page, and then tried to click on link shown and it says no access. :(

Edit: interesting, it is browser-dependant. Trying with Opera? Nope. Firefox? Yes. And I have much more permissive setup for Opera...

I just tried my bookmarked link to Ness's homepage and it worked fine and the links to his other pages ,I remember reading somewhere that you could only link to his homepage ....anyway somebody try this and see if it works .
    http://www.nessrepros.co.uk/index.php

As Skiriki and I have already reported, that's the only page on that site that works.

When I click on "Click Here For Downloads Page 1", all I get is this text:

Notice: Undefined index: front_door in \\nas25ent\Domains\n\nessrepros.co.uk\user\htdocs\header.php on line 13
    Do NOT link to this page.
    I get the same results when I click on the links provided for Page 2, Page 3, and the Needlework page... or when I copy the link and paste it into the browser bar.

The Ness Period Reproductions site is closed to me, save for the gallery pages.

Post edited by robkelk on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

All pages working for me...once I get the landing page to load.

screen18.png
    948 x 902 - 387K
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Like I said, it depends on your browser and your browser's settings. I got it working with Firefox 15, but no such luck with Opera 12; this is likely related to how the browser sends referrer information.

edited December 1969

Copy-pasting the link to a new tab in FireFox (15.1, I think) works, and I have been able to get to all of the sub-pages, too.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    No, it works as has been explained up above by copying the link, and pasting it into a new tab. It also works from a bookmark or favourtie link, but won't work from a link that someone else has posted.

I di also post that The Ness is aware of the issue, but doesn't know how to fix it, but is hoping to work out an arrangements whereby his stuff will reappear on another website, sometime in the future.

Doesn't work in Firefox 15.0.1 ... at least for me. I don't even get the index page.

edited December 1969

Got the pose, SY: Thanks!

• fleetppfleetpp Posts: 199
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    chohole said:

Doesn't work in Firefox 15.0.1 ... at least for me. I don't even get the index page.

I couldn't get there using firefox either, but Internet explorer worked.

edited December 1969

Got the pose, SY: Thanks!

No problem. Initially there was an issue with ShareCG refusing to recognize the upload, so I had to redo it.

The pose is offered separate from the character preset, so you don't have to use the preset if you lack the requisites. It's not that great a likeness anyway - I would adore to see someone do a "classical" female morph with the ab sculpting but still the chunky proportions, like the Venus actually has (notice the crease on one side of her waist as she is bent that way; there is currrently no morph by anyone that does this even with JCMs).

• kjer_99kjer_99 Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

I need a Tommy Gun, circa 1930s style with the round ammunition cannister. Would settle for a WWI type BAR, ala Clyde Barrow, but would prefer the Tommy Gun.

Many thanks!

Jeremy

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

kjer_99 said:
    I need a Tommy Gun, circa 1930s style with the round ammunition cannister. Would settle for a WWI type BAR, ala Clyde Barrow, but would prefer the Tommy Gun.

Many thanks!

Jeremy

How about this:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=56078

edited October 2012

kjer_99 said:
    I need a Tommy Gun, circa 1930s style with the round ammunition canister. Would settle for a WWI type BAR, ala Clyde Barrow, but would prefer the Tommy Gun.

Many thanks!

Jeremy

VanishingPoint's WW2 paratrooper has a Tommy, with a straight magazine. Use a cylinder primitive for the canister as I did in the picture below (an old one, probably c. 2005 or 2006).
    Machine-gun.jpg
    600 x 537 - 28K
    Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited October 2012

Here's a tommy gun

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=56078 (or not...looks like it isn't hosted at Renderosity, but just a link and it's coming up a 404 error).

Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited December 1969

Where can I find some simple hex-head bolt props that are Daz compatible ? I couldn't find any on Share CG nor Renderocity.

• DavidGBDavidGB Posts: 565
    edited December 1969

Where can I find some simple hex-head bolt props that are Daz compatible ? I couldn't find any on Share CG nor Renderocity.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/30560/View/5/3D-Model/Nuts_and_Bolts

They're in 3DS format, so load into Hexagon (free) and send from there to DS as props. Or load into PoseRay (free) and export as obj to load into DS. Or convert with Carrara if you have that.

• Tramp GraphicsTramp Graphics Posts: 2,401
    edited October 2012

I'd rather have something that's already Daz compatible, or at least in Object format and properly scaled. I need them for a Frankenstein costume for one of my characters.

I found this: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=29758 but get an odd redirect link when I try to download it.

Post edited by Tramp Graphics on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645
    edited December 1969

I'd rather have something that's already Daz compatible, or at least in Object format and properly scaled. I need them for a Frankenstein costume for one of my characters.

I found this: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=29758 but get an odd redirect link when I try to download it.

Here you go Tramp:
    Bolt is independent of the head and Poser ready:
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/12297/View/11/Poser/HEAD-FRAN-AND-BOLT

• kjer_99kjer_99 Posts: 40
    edited December 1969

For Dollygirl and Eustace:

Thank you both for your quick responses. I tried your Rendo link, Dollygirl, but it apparently no longer works--at least, I kept getting an error message to that effect.

Eustace, that is a great idea! Don't know why I didn't think of it myself. (Perhaps, because I'm less bright than your self? Heh!

Jeremy

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Does anybody know where I can find any free gears?

Anything from clock gears through heavy industrial gears. I plan to use them in DAZ Studio, however as long as I can import them in somehow they don't need to be in any particular format. They don't need to have textures mapped either. Thanks!

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Gears

fantastic, thanks!
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

A slightly odd request:

I'm looking for angel wings - the old-style Biblical-Seraphim-and-Cherubim wings you see in some Renaissance artwork, not the modern Hallmark-card style - but I need them sized for K4 (or re-scalable to K4 without looking odd). Are there any out there?

I also need the matching white robe, again sized for K4. (And I'd prefer something conforming to dynamic, since I'm completely fumble-fingered when it comes to dynamic anything, but I'll take what I can get.)

edited December 1969

robkelk said:
    A slightly odd request:

I'm looking for angel wings - the old-style Biblical-Seraphim-and-Cherubim wings you see in some Renaissance artwork, not the modern Hallmark-card style - but I need them sized for K4 (or re-scalable to K4 without looking odd). Are there any out there?

I also need the matching white robe, again sized for K4. (And I'd prefer something conforming to dynamic, since I'm completely fumble-fingered when it comes to dynamic anything, but I'll take what I can get.)

There's a pair at RDNA (you'll have to log in) with a dress texture, a crown, and a horn long enough to blow glass with:

Byszantine Angel Wings by Traveler (http://forum.runtimedna.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=373)

This discussion has been closed.