Kids Render Thread

Comments

• edited December 1969

Thanks - I set it to 0.80 so I will try it at a higher setting.

• Hiro ProtagonistHiro Protagonist Posts: 699
    edited December 1969

This is a figure based on Ashley M5 with the "Danny" head and 06 body shape (so yes, it is Genesis; in fact M5 is dialled up full). I reduced the chest width a lot and added stomach volumes, and there are various other tweaks, such as widening the mouth. "Child" is at 35%. Hair is "Luka". Rendered in Luxrender via Reality.

tough.jpg
    1108 x 1440 - 414K
  • ZaarinZaarin Posts: 356
    edited December 1969

Thanks - I set it to 0.80 so I will try it at a higher setting.

Somewhere around 1.5 (Bagginsbill originally suggested 1.75, I believe) is probably good for most people. I think the lowest I've used was 1.3, and that was for an albino. ;)

@Hiro Protagonist: Nice render. I like the hair.

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

This is a figure based on Ashley M5 with the "Danny" head and 06 body shape (so yes, it is Genesis; in fact M5 is dialled up full). I reduced the chest width a lot and added stomach volumes, and there are various other tweaks, such as widening the mouth. "Child" is at 35%. Hair is "Luka". Rendered in Luxrender via Reality.
    Wow! I love this character...

Great renders everyone...nice to see you posting renders again Treasurer and Battle . I've always loved your kid renders...

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

As it turned out, Jen and her friend were just reenacting a scene from a movie, but there are some things a mother is just not ready to see.

ohmy.png
    648 x 899 - 1M
    edited December 1969

As it turned out, Jen and her friend were just reenacting a scene from a movie, but there are some things a mother is just not ready to see.

Heh, cute. He's probably lucky it's not her dad. ;)
    edited December 1969

Sorry to double post. A new one from me. (See it uncompressed at my deviantArt gallery).

Daddy's Helper

Daddys_Helper_postwork.jpg
    1800 x 1500 - 501K
  • TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited October 2012

Cute that he's barefooted, but he's not on the floor.

Post edited by Torby on
    edited December 1969

I think he is, but the shadows are pretty diffuse. Here's another. I love Jonnte's steampunk hat on K4. :D Full version on my deviantArt

Robbed Blind

Robbed_Blind_postwork.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 371K
  • BoorsmanBoorsman Posts: 233
    edited December 1969

After seeing all these wonderfull images, I thought I'd share one of my own. I call it "School Picture".

School_Picture1.jpg
    1356 x 580 - 254K
    edited December 1969

That's my oldest boy!

(He's 20 now)

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited October 2012

Just spotted this topic -- wow, lots of nice renders!

Got an Honorable Mention in the PlatClub's 9/20 Inspirations Contest with this -- the little boy's texture is Santo, his face is a combo of two of the facemorphs from Ethnicity for Genesis, and his hair is K-Nicky. The little girl's texture is Candace, her face is a combo of two of the facemorphs from Ethnicity for Genesis, and her hair is AprilYSH's Evan. IMHO the movement morphs in the hair were key to the running girl's realism, and were essential to making the render work.

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

GiS: History Field Trip

GiS_History_Field_Trip_x2000.jpg
    2000 x 1125 - 909K
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on
    edited December 1969

Got an Honorable Mention in the PlatClub's 9/20 Inspirations Contest with this -- the little boy's texture is Santo, his face is a combo of two of the facemorphs from Ethnicity for Genesis, and his hair is K-Nicky. The little girl's texture is Candace, her face is a combo of two of the facemorphs from Ethnicity for Genesis, and her hair is AprilYSH's Evan. IMHO the movement morphs in the hair were key to the running girl's realism, and were essential to making the render work.

DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Really nice render, and I agree about the movement in the hair! :)
    edited October 2012

Zaarin said:

Really nice render, and I agree about the movement in the hair! :)
    Thanks!
  • KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Here is a K4 I am working on.

6.png
    1051 x 673 - 1019K
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Great renders, everybody!

I've been working on a Genesis Toddler. I feel like this is one of the biggest remaining gaps in the Genesis genepool. It's intended as kind of a generic base character which one could individualize in various ways. At least for now, this is purely a dialed character, but I may try taking out the Evolutions morphs and taking it into Hexagon, which I've never used before. This is not a commercial project.

Shown next to Basic Child to give a sense of scaling and proportions (Basic Child is wearing Penelope for K4 skin; the toddler is wearing Basic Child skin).

Any feedback would be appreciated, especially on proportions.

genesistoddler2b.jpg
    618 x 800 - 315K
    genesistoddler1a.jpg
    618 x 800 - 74K
    edited October 2012

I've been working on a Genesis Toddler . . . Any feedback would be appreciated, especially on proportions.

Too late at night for anything more coherent than "nice!", sorry.

My latest PlatClub Inspirations entry. DS4.5Pro render, postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Cradle to Grave
    PCI20121004-CradleToGraveb-x2000.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 954K
    edited December 1969

@Scott: Cute! Much cuter than the rather ugly K4 Toddler. :) *sigh* Why does DAZ insist on ugly babies? Sure, most babies start out ugly (unless they're yours), but they do get cute eventually...

@KickAir 8P: That's beautiful and chilling--but in a good way!

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    @Scott: Cute! Much cuter than the rather ugly K4 Toddler. :) *sigh* Why does DAZ insist on ugly babies? Sure, most babies start out ugly (unless they're yours), but they do get cute eventually...

That's the idea...you are supposed to take the 'ugly' base and make it cute...by making it yours. That's the only explanation I've come up with that makes any sense (the other one is that the folks at DAZ doing the baby morphs only ever had ugly babies seems to go against the law of averages...)

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Zaarin said:

That's the idea...you are supposed to take the 'ugly' base and make it cute...by making it yours. That's the only explanation I've come up with that makes any sense (the other one is that the folks at DAZ doing the baby morphs only ever had ugly babies seems to go against the law of averages...)
    But the other bases aren't ugly. Matt, Maddie, and K4 are all fairly cute; M4 is good looking; and V4 is at least average. :(

edited December 1969

Zaarin said:

@KickAir 8P: That's beautiful and chilling--but in a good way!

Thanks, Zaarin! And I agree, that's a beautiful image, KickAir 8P! Haunting, and not just in the literal definition of the word.
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

fantastic render Scott... very cute :)

Ps. You need a render thread! Art Zone! It's hard tracking down all your stuff man

edited December 1969

Thanks! Will do...don't know why I've put it off so long, actually.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

You've been watching mine, and I've been having to stalk your posts to see what you've been up to LMAO! Art zone is so fun! Your own thread you keep building up with anything you want! :cheese:

edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    . . . @KickAir 8P: That's beautiful and chilling--but in a good way!

Thanks, Zaarin! And I agree, that's a beautiful image, KickAir 8P! Haunting, and not just in the literal definition of the word.
    Thanks, glad you guys like it!
  • MadaMada Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

BasicChild and Hitomi mixed .5 each - in Poser using the DSON importer. We now have a whole new range of children and clothing available to use :D

KenziChild.jpg
    627 x 837 - 38K
    edited December 1969

Lovely render, Mada! I'm still not completely sold on Genesis, but I am inspired to start accumulating something of a library for...hmm, what pronoun does one use with Genesis? It? :P

edited December 1969

Genesis? It's one of "them."

edited December 1969

An illustration I did for one of my many web sites.

It's still K4, not Genesis.

CouchPotato.jpg
    500 x 500 - 124K
    edited December 1969

I like the tongue pose. :)