Legacy UVs for Genesis 3 [Commercial]

Comments

• KevinTTKevinTT Posts: 9
    edited April 2016
    Kevin2012 said:

Hi there will this work with Jepe's Project: M4 Hairy Bundle?

I'm going to hazard a guess and say no.  It looks like the Jepe products come with a shell which is not designed to work with G3M.  I may be wrong, and someone who has the Jepe products and my product may be able to say a bit more about what is possible and what isn't.

This is the furthest I got with it.

Image deleted http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    Kevin2012 said:

I'm going to hazard a guess and say no.  It looks like the Jepe products come with a shell which is not designed to work with G3M.  I may be wrong, and someone who has the Jepe products and my product may be able to say a bit more about what is possible and what isn't.

From memory, you use a second copy of M4 morphed to act like a "hair bodysuit" and conformed to your original M4, and apply the hairy textures to the copy. So that would't work for G3M.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

Thanks for the tips Cayman Studios for adjusting the nipples! looks great when I tried it!

• KevinTTKevinTT Posts: 9
    Kevin2012 said:

It worked by the help from Jepe.

• SupercopeSupercope Posts: 128

Hey, Cayman Studios,  I couldn't find where anyone had pointed this out, so I wanted to note that for "Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Victoria 5," the "Compaitble Figures" lists "Genesis 3 Male" instead of "Genesis 3 Female."

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2016

So, this was an interesting experiment today. I tried out Cayman's V4 Legacy UV's for G3F (available at Rendo) as well as a script that converts V4 morphs to G3F that I stumbled across on Deviant Art. (darkhound1 is selling it over there, not sure I'm allowed to post the link). I also used V3D's Iray skin converter for Gen 4's before I did anything else. I tried to keep the same lighting, camera angle, clothing and background to make the differences stand out more.

Here are the results:

• Pics 1 and 2: original V4 figure MRL Nevara from Mihrelle (Rendo store)
    • Pics 3 and 4: V4 skin on basic G3F, no morphs
    • Pics 5 and 6: V4 skin on basic G3F with transferred morphs

The morphs get her pretty close to the original, considering the difference in size and shaping. With a little tweaking, I think she could be even closer. That's pretty good! The skins look great either way. Cayman's Legacy UV products work very well. The only one I don't have yet is G2F, which I'll be getting shortly, because darkhound's morph converter does those too.

I wish there was a utility to bring M4 morphs over, but darkhound1 says he's not interested in doing one. His script for V4 (and G2F!) is easy to use and so far does the job. This is the first one I've done, but I've got plenty of V4s to practice on, so I'll post more soon.

Combined with Wear Them All and the pose converters, you really can bring a lot forward from Generation 4 to Genesis 3. 

V4 Nevara Iray 1.png
    741 x 741 - 728K
    V4 Nevara Iray2.png
    741 x 741 - 708K
    G3f Nevara no morphs.png
    741 x 741 - 720K
    G3f Nevara no morphs2.png
    741 x 741 - 695K
    G3f Nevara morphs.png
    741 x 741 - 725K
    G3f Nevara morphs2.png
    741 x 741 - 698K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    Kevin2012 said:
    Kevin2012 said:

Good, I'm pleased it works.

Supercope said:

Hey, Cayman Studios,  I couldn't find where anyone had pointed this out, so I wanted to note that for "Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Victoria 5," the "Compaitble Figures" lists "Genesis 3 Male" instead of "Genesis 3 Female."

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll see if I can get it changed.

• @Kevin2012, I'd be interesting in knowing how you got it to work...

Kevin2012 said:
    Kevin2012 said:

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Converting M4 to G3 has proved to be great.

Now.

Is there a way, or are there plans to be able to convert M4 to Genesis 2?

Definite purchase.

Thanks again for a worthwhile product.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    bicc39 said:

There already is: 

http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male

• PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533

G2M to G3M - when it is ready I will buy it!

• Kerya said:
    jakiblue said:

The only V3 textures I would be interested in converting to G3F would be the old _samildinach_ ones I bought ages ago at Rendo. They were fantastic, so different and have I've never seen anything close to them being recreated for Genesis 3. If you DID manage to do a V3 -> G3F converter, I would most definitely buy it, just to use those samildiach textures. 

_samildanach_ - just to get the name right ... and yes, love her characters, like this one: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=52247

Anyone who loves _samildanach_'s work on V3, A3, and others can always use 3DUniverse's Texture Converter 2 and the V3 and V4 plugins to convert the textures up to V4, which can then be used with Cayman Studios' geografts on Rendo.

--MW

• bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589
    bicc39 said:

There already is: 

http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male

Thank you so very much!!!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    Kerya said:
    jakiblue said:

The only V3 textures I would be interested in converting to G3F would be the old _samildinach_ ones I bought ages ago at Rendo. They were fantastic, so different and have I've never seen anything close to them being recreated for Genesis 3. If you DID manage to do a V3 -> G3F converter, I would most definitely buy it, just to use those samildiach textures. 

_samildanach_ - just to get the name right ... and yes, love her characters, like this one: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=52247

Anyone who loves _samildanach_'s work on V3, A3, and others can always use 3DUniverse's Texture Converter 2 and the V3 and V4 plugins to convert the textures up to V4, which can then be used with Cayman Studios' geografts on Rendo.

--MW

Not if they are on a Mac, they can't.

• I am one who would buy Gen3 uv's in a heartbeat. I still use M3, V3, Laura/Luke, and Matt/Maddie on a regular basis. I have also not been happy with the TC2 option, as it just seems to do nothing but crash on my computer. I have a lot of Gen3 skins, and I still use them constantly.

So yes. If you were able to make a converter to get Gen3 UV's onto the Genesis 3's, or even Genesis 1, I would snap it up in an instant.

But, I know that it was very close to, if not impossible to do this previously, so I will understand if you find it impossible or not worth your time to do.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305

I am one who would buy Gen3 uv's in a heartbeat. I still use M3, V3, Laura/Luke, and Matt/Maddie on a regular basis. I have also not been happy with the TC2 option, as it just seems to do nothing but crash on my computer. I have a lot of Gen3 skins, and I still use them constantly.

So yes. If you were able to make a converter to get Gen3 UV's onto the Genesis 3's, or even Genesis 1, I would snap it up in an instant.

But, I know that it was very close to, if not impossible to do this previously, so I will understand if you find it impossible or not worth your time to do.

Using the approach Caymen Studios has used with his other products, a Generation 3 UV set is definitely doable. How much work, only he can answer, and how many sales he will get is also hard to guess. Whilst Generation 3 is old tech, it is possible even recently new users will have picked up at least some of these older skins, particularly during the numerous heavy discount sales of older stuff we have had in the last couple of weeks or so, plus the new PC+ products from rendo include a number of V3/M3 characters for just a few dollars.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    edited May 2016

Finally got around to trying this product out, this will be a very helpful product!
    Seeing some of the good results from barbult I wanted to try it out finally.

Testing it out on Hinkyhunks : John Crow for Michael 4 ( http://www.daz3d.com/hinkyhunks-john-crow-for-michael-4 )
    I have ran into an issue with the eye area having some strage marks on it.

Tried using the same texture on genesis 2 male using: Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male ( http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male )
    This comes out looking correct, no issues.

John Crow test legacy UV.jpg
    640 x 168 - 24K
    John Crow Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male test.jpg
    640 x 211 - 21K
    Post edited by FusionLA on
    FusionLA said:

Finally got around to trying this product out, this will be a very helpful product!

Testing it out on Hinkyhunks : John Crow for Michael 4 ( http://www.daz3d.com/hinkyhunks-john-crow-for-michael-4 )

This looks like part of the copyright information on the opacity map for the Eyelashes ("..\Runtime\textures\Hinkypunk\HP John Crow\HP_JohnCrowLashese.jpg") where it says "ApoGraphix".  My UV mapping extends into this area on the texture file, and I had not anticipated markings extraneous to the eyelashes themselves, and usually there would not be.

The simplest solution is to make a back-up copy of the opacity texture file then black out the text ("ApoGraphix") on the original file in a paint or graphics program.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    FusionLA said:

This looks like part of the copyright information on the opacity map for the Eyelashes ("..\Runtime\textures\Hinkypunk\HP John Crow\HP_JohnCrowLashese.jpg") where it says "ApoGraphix".  My UV mapping extends into this area on the texture file, and I had not anticipated markings extraneous to the eyelashes themselves, and usually there would not be.

The simplest solution is to make a back-up copy of the opacity texture file then black out the text ("ApoGraphix") on the original file in a paint or graphics program.

Thanks for the reply back.
    Started looking at the maps for the head and comparing them with other figures textures that worked.
    It was the Eyelash opacity map, and had removed the text from it.
    I figured since it worked on Genesis 2 male it had to be a UV issue.

You posted before I got a chance to report back :)
    Thanks again for at lest looking into it, and nice product that you created.

New Releases coming soon

There will be two new Legacy UVs for Genesis 3 conversion products released shortly - one for Genesis 2 Male and Michael 6 (with two separate UV sets), and one for Victoria 6.  I have attached a couple of the new promos.

Legacy_G2M_popup_03.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 126K
    Legacy_V6_popup_4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 141K
  • KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Once you convert the material to G3 can you save it as a material preset so that you only need to do the conversion one time?

Kharma said:

Once you convert the material to G3 can you save it as a material preset so that you only need to do the conversion one time?

These are UV conversions, i.e. new UV sets, not material conversions, so you can use your existing textures with Genesis 3.  The only proviso is that the MATs must be in DUF format, which for Genesis 2 they are anyway.

edited June 2016

I understand that part but what I am asking is once I have prepared my  G3 character using your UV's and applied the G2 texture to it then I can just save it as a material preset for G3 instead of having to do the whole process each time, so that next time I want to use that same skin on a G3 character I can just apply the  converted material prset I saved?

Post edited by Kharma on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited June 2016
    Kharma said:

I understand that part but what I am asking is once I have prepared my  G3 character using your UV's and applied the G2 texture to it then I can just save it as a material preset for G3 instead of having to do the whole process each time, so that next time I want to use that same skin on a G3 character I can just apply the  converted material prset I saved?

You kind of have to do the whole process each time. If you don't use the first step, where it prepares the G3 figure by attaching the geografts and remapping the material zones, then a material preset won't work. A materials preset contains only the textures and shader information and it can't call the geografts or do the remap on its own; that step has to happen first before a material preset will do any good. 

I've found it easiest to save a character as its own scene file or scene subset -- both of which save the character, geografts, textures and shader information all together -- and then put it into a new scene by merging the file or calling the subset. (I tried the subset once to make sure it works, which it did. Since then, I just merge files, because that's more or less the way I've always worked anyway.) You can change the shape of the character after the geografts are attached, so that if you want to clear a particular character shape or make some tweaks to an existing shape, that works just fine.

Also,

New Releases coming soon

There will be two new Legacy UVs for Genesis 3 conversion products released shortly - one for Genesis 2 Male and Michael 6 (with two separate UV sets), and one for Victoria 6.  I have attached a couple of the new promos.

Yay! This makes me so happy!

Post edited by vwrangler on

Thanks vwrangler, so save as scene subset, that's exactly what I needed to know. And for anyone interested Cayman's first 2 UV sets at the other store are 25% off until June 15 ( hope I can say that in this forum?) I've been waiting for them to go on sale for a while now. 

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Sweet, Can't wait for to add the new ones to the collection

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757

Fantastic! 

Released today: Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis 2 Male and Michael 6

http://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-genesis-2-male-and-michael-6

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,312

There seems to be a problem with the legacy UVs on my Mac: When I click G3M and '!Prepare GM3.dsa' I get an error message and the Log File tells me a hundred times and in probably all possible variations:

'LINE: 497" Varchar data "" is corrupted'

In the Surface Tab I don't see any Legacy UVs for arms and hands; I must apply them manually to G3M.

What could have happened?

Caravelle, what does G3M actually look like after you have clicked the Prepare script?  Is it grey, and can you see the five transparent blue geografts?  I am also confused by the log error because there are only 266 lines in the prepare script, there is no line 497.  Possibly this refers to something else that is going on.