Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD IV ♥♡♥♡♥ stooopiddittty!

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

I have a stupid problem. I have DS4.5 running but it is invisible and I cannot seem to get to it. I do not see it in my task bar. It does not come up when I do alt tab. I also know chrome is running but same situation, I cannot get to it

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Mark arse HAHA

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

I WAS thinking Hugo Weaving actually too! AGENT Smith!
    I live in Smithfield plains and according to the latest survey, the most common name there is Smith

edited December 1969

I'm not related to them, only hugo somehow... the agent him, not the mardi gra hugo

edited December 1969

What movie was that anyways, it was an old one he singing and dancing or something a 90s movie perhaps

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

So I finally made some art, and finished the six pic unique run for my friend. Since it has a mild amount of gore, it is in DA for now, with appropriate restrictions.

Note: Rezca, do not click the link. If you click the link, the responsibility of resulting unhappiness is yours.

Boy, that escalated quickly.

edited October 2012

Actually I lie... there is one lone smith in Adelaide I related to... He my uncle...

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Mark arse HAHA

not you, what I call Mark at work
    he is Mark Edwards, I can name him as it is almost as generic as Mark Smith so the Google matches just as massive and unidentifying
    my Surname VERY unique, there are NOW more than 20 pages, last year 2, most are a second cousin I have never met in a rock band.
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Jaderail said:
    People should not post real names to the forums. That's what I think.

Jeff

Mark is a name that was given to me... I chose not to accept it ;-P Least not for my art life anyway Jeff... And soz you know, I have always referred to you as Jaderail or Jader publicly online. Look you young limber none hurting whipper snapper, I try to not Mark you all up either when I remember. I'm playing, I got nothing to hide from anyone. I let it all hang out and tell all about myself all the time, I do try to keep my last name private, very few have it. That is for safety. As an example the post about the Ex's family is true. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. Besides I'm a big blabber mouth with few people to yak at in RL at home. And zero that understand 3D or anything to do with 3D. So I blabber here to be with folks that get it and mostly know me with all my bumps, lumps and foibles.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Mark arse HAHA

not you, what I call Mark at work
    he is Mark Edwards, I can name him as it is almost as generic as Mark Smith so the Google matches just as massive and unidentifying
    my Surname VERY unique, there are NOW more than 20 pages, last year 2, most are a second cousin I have never met in a rock band.

That exactly why I go by Spyro as my art personality.

Yeah I remember Mark Arse LOL

edited December 1969

Same with creative writing and anything else... No one would Id it as me without a more unique name... Mark Smith, And please dont say my middle name because it will be the very first guess you make! GRRRRR, it's like I'm a generic child or something... Created to conform with the world like an ant in a colony! Hate it.

edited December 1969

yes, a common name protects one to an extent from online identification, ANYONE in the world can find me if they know my surname so harder to stay safe.
    I have to be very vigilent what I put out there.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    The only thing I like bout smith is the association with Hugo Weiving...

I associate Smith with John Smith. Actually I know a gal who has the last name Smith, but I doubt anyone here knows her.'

I have a character named Jessica Smith. Actually I am going to work on two series. In one series she is Jessica Smith, but the other she is Jessica Falcon. I cannot think of a name for her father, so I am calling him John Smith.

Series A Kulay Wolf moves into a group home after her affair with Daniel came to light. (Well she did not have an affair, but she said she is carrying his baby. Her fiance is Joel but Daniel is a close friend/coworker)

Series B Kulay Wolf goes to move in with Stephane Falcon who says he is Kulay's mother's father, which would mean he is her grandfather. (almost said grandmother. He is definitely male)

Series A happens before Series B. Actually Jessica was born in Series B. A future version of Jessica (years after series B happens) is somehow sent back in the time that Series A takes place.

Jessica is Sapphire's daughter. Kulay is Mary's daughter. Mary and Sapphire are both related. Stephane says they are both his daughters. They are in a way his daughters but also in a way they are not. They are related somehow, but it is a bit complex. Both Jessica and Kulay are immortals. Jessica and Kulay look like they are in their twenties for majority of their lives. They did have a period where they were kids and growing up, but once they grew up they stay the same age.

All is known right now about John Smith is that he is a dude and Sapphire bit him once. Sapphire has the ability to get pregnant by drinking the blood of another person. She bit John Smith and then became pregnant with his baby.

edited December 1969

Well i guess that is a benefit... however an avatar name (Art name or online name) can be just as protective

edited December 1969

Where I live there are 30-40 marks in the full name (first, second and family name) I'm well protected, except those who actually know me personally. They'd know just by my sketches who I am!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have one of the most common surnames in Wales. So common the my next door neighbours have the same name, and she even has the same Initial as well. that could get confusing if someone gets the house number wrong.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

If I had kept my biological father's surname...

There would be only 1 person findable with that first name + surname combo. In the whole of internet. I know, I did a "stalk myself" experiment.

No one else in this country. And since the linguistical impact of Finnish is so small, unlikely to be found from anywhere else either, due to surname's structure which is fairly unique to this language.

My name + family surname makes me pretty much impossible to google, since there are so many with this combo; when I was still in university, there were eight of us with the same name at the same time.

If I picked my Significant Otter's surname as mine, I would be back to square one in uniqueness.

My other username is pretty common. This one is more rare, but it ticks me off that someone else who also uses this nick elsewhere is pretty much an exact opposite of me... for the record, if you come across with someone who uses this nick, but posts oddly closed-minded crud, it is not me.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have one of the most common surnames in Wales. So common the my next door neighbours have the same name, and she even has the same Initial as well. that could get confusing if someone gets the house number wrong.

I feel for your postie Cho!

edited December 1969

facebook really only place I use my full name and it is deceptive in how I have done my privacy settings, I have a lot of public stuff so it looks open but infact most stuff only visible to friends and they are catagorized in levels of security of what they see!

edited December 1969

I do not like using my real name. I do not think I deserve my first name. Not sure why I feel that way.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    If I had kept my biological father's surname...

There would be only 1 person findable with that first name + surname combo. In the whole of internet. I know, I did a "stalk myself" experiment.

No one else in this country. And since the linguistical impact of Finnish is so small, unlikely to be found from anywhere else either, due to surname's structure which is fairly unique to this language.

My name + family surname makes me pretty much impossible to google, since there are so many with this combo; when I was still in university, there were eight of us with the same name at the same time.

If I picked my Significant Otter's surname as mine, I would be back to square one in uniqueness.

My other username is pretty common. This one is more rare, but it ticks me off that someone else who also uses this nick elsewhere is pretty much an exact opposite of me... for the record, if you come across with someone who uses this nick, but posts oddly closed-minded crud, it is not me.

There are a few Spyro's around... Share CG 'Spyro' itself was taken... So I went 'xspyrox' Spyro is shory for Spyderon (Spelt similar anyways)

edited December 1969

facebook really only place I use my full name and it is deceptive in how I have done my privacy settings, I have a lot of public stuff so it looks open but infact most stuff only visible to friends and they are catagorized in levels of security of what they see!

Yeah, Mine is locked up tighter than a crabs buttox ... But some idiot or perhaps another person of the same name and age, appeared and deceived my friends. But they all caught on quick that he was not me.

edited December 1969

There was a real John Smith who went to Jamestown I think. Then there is the Disney version of him. Disney really was not accurate in his looks in their movie.

edited December 1969

what is pathetic, is I actually mispelt wendyvainity accidently and you cannot change a Youtube name but there are others who now use that name!!

edited December 1969

It goes to show that everything you create has already been created somewhere at some time by someone. When you get into writing film scripts or novels you start seeing your original ideas everywhere! And I talking stuff even before you even hear of it.

edited October 2012

I even did a costume design before some American film company made a movie, and low and behold almost identical! I was sooo pist.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
    edited December 1969

yes, that is one reason I never write music for anyone.
    everytime I do, someone says it sounds familiar.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

My handle is pretty unique most searches will pull up me most of the time. The same can not be said of my FULL real name, for awhile I got pulled over pretty often when all the cops got was your name when they ran your tag over the radio. It always surprised them when they looked at me and I was a different race than the guy with the warrant out for him. That was all here in my little home town and what passes for a city out here in the sticks.

edited December 1969

John Smith is a confusing character. I cannot decide anything about him except he is a dude. I cannot think up of a name so I used a generic name. That is better than Jessica's father. Even Jessica's name is generic.

edited October 2012

my car numberplate is WENDY5 and there is a WENDY7 who the cops in Taperoo occassionly pull me up for who must be bad!!
    they are always surprised running me through leap or whatever it is called that I have no history!!
    the Northern cops KNOW me (by the numberplate) they laugh because I travel home after midnight and so get regulary breathalized and they renember the plate and say, it's Wendy again! I don't drink so now they mostly tend to let me go past!!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
This discussion has been closed.