- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I sent off a support ticket to marketing about the download issue, they're working on it now I believe.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited October 2012

Was talking with a friend, and came to the conclusion he's as stingy and sensitive about armor and the like as I am with dragons - if you can believe it. Heh, I even ran that statement by him and he said I'm probably right XD
    He said that THIS was close to going overboard
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2011/june/s10_dk.jpg
    Not the glowing, not just the huge horns, but the chest/greaves/arms/etc. The entire thing.
    Said he can't really respect/understand any fantasy-based armor for females unless they look something like this:

Post edited by Rezca on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Non-complaints:

- Friday!
    - Payday!
    - Lovely weather!

COMPLAINTS! :snake:

- Money all gone on bills
    - Sucking down aspirin like it was candy
    - Doc says the back/leg pain is normal, suck it up (damn doc)
    - Stuck at home all weekend, to stay off foot
    - Need a fancier cane since I'm going to be on it a llllllooooooonnnnggggggg time
    - Fighting urge to.. render.. a.. naked.. Vicky... HELP MEEEE! :ahhh:

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,350
    edited December 1969

What kind of tests did they do on your back to come to that educated statement.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Non-complaints:

- Friday!
    - Payday!
    - Lovely weather!

- Need a fancier cane since I'm going to be on it a llllllooooooonnnnggggggg time

render ! vicky won't mind

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    What kind of tests did they do on your back to come to that educated statement.

Pretty much just "you had 2 toes amputated and part of your foot, this is what happens to everyone that has this done". Seems to be true as the less I walk, the less it hurts, and if I take off the protective shoe it takes a lot longer before the pain cuts in. Walking slowe helps as well, apparently the shoe is designed to work best if I creep along.

The doc will take a closer look when I go in for my physical therapy on Thursday. Oww. Oh well.

edited December 1969

Non-complaints:

- Friday!
    - Payday!
    - Lovely weather!

Somewhere on one of my backup external HDs I have my old runtime.. might load it back up. I'm not able to go ut anywhere, I can only play guitar or bass for about 45 minutes at a time, and I'm tired of chatting online.. lol! Poor Vicky gets victimized again!

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Was talking with a friend, and came to the conclusion he's as stingy and sensitive about armor and the like as I am with dragons - if you can believe it. Heh, I even ran that statement by him and he said I'm probably right XD
    Not the glowing, not just the huge horns, but the chest/greaves/arms/etc. The entire thing.
    Said he can't really respect/understand any fantasy-based armor for females unless they look something like this:

Eyowen's Armour isn't overall designed for a female, However it's very well fitted, and I do agree with your friend! Peter Jackson did a perfect job with LOTR! And the artists/designers were absolutely brilliant! I love the elvish every thing the most from that masterpiece!

edited December 1969

mostly all the fantasy armors for females is rather explicit/revealing, impractical and has the protection of a piece of ply wood! Although pretty, It's not at all how I would design a female warrior/knight

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Rezca said:

Eyowen's Armour isn't overall designed for a female, However it's very well fitted, and I do agree with your friend! Peter Jackson did a perfect job with LOTR! And the artists/designers were absolutely brilliant! I love the elvish every thing the most from that masterpiece!

Ahh so that WAS from lotr...
    >_>
    <_<<br /> .
    (Deletes pictures from hard drive)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    mostly all the fantasy armors for females is rather explicit/revealing, impractical and has the protection of a piece of ply wood! Although pretty, It's not at all how I would design a female warrior/knight

If they were scouts I could somewhat understand, but still would prefer padded cloth armor or something over what I usually see.
    It especially makes no sense when they go trudging through jungles or subzero climates with that "armor". Aren't they worried about leeches?
    The only advantage to their "armor" is that they could probably swim in it if they were pushed into a lake, while a female/male with actual armor would likely drown.

edited December 1969

Yummy tacos o3o

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

a mythril chain mail undershirt should keep them in one piece. :)

edited December 1969

bath done. mai gawd what an ordeal. next time gonna lather him up before getting him in the tub. haz to mop the bathroom floor anyway.
    shaking from muscle fatigue so bad i had to hold on to the shower walls to rinse myself off.
    holly crappe

edited December 1969

Non-complaints:

- Friday!
    - Payday!
    - Lovely weather!

Somewhere on one of my backup external HDs I have my old runtime.. might load it back up. I'm not able to go ut anywhere, I can only play guitar or bass for about 45 minutes at a time, and I'm tired of chatting online.. lol! Poor Vicky gets victimized again!

who will vault farther, aikopult or vickipult? :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

Against the wraiths, trolls, nazgul, Uru-kai and orcs... Frodo proved it, so that's good enough for me! :cheese:

edited December 1969

i wonder if it would be worth it to model the links in a mythril shirt rather than transmap it.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Spyro said:

Against the ... Frodo proved it, so that's good enough for me! :cheese:
    Adding that would make it no longer be "female" fantasy armor then. =/

edited December 1969

i wonder if it would be worth it to model the links in a mythril shirt rather than transmap it.

Well

Pros - Realistic, incredibly detailed, 3d not 2d, lighting and shadows will work beautifully and realistically.

Cons - This would require a poly count beyond 5x genesis figures in one shirt!, Verts at least 5x that of the polys, Very straining on the computer, rendering will be lengthened like rendering a Forrest scene.

Would be awesome, but not practical, unless you work for pixar and disney studios lol

With a well made displacement map, it will add the detail your after, an a matching trans map of course.

edited October 2012

@ Rezca, no I wouldnt say that. LOTR is fantasy, mythril is a fictional metal compound, often used as a fine chainmail. This wouldn't remove the option of wearing plated Armour over the top of it. In fact it's more practical than your common steel chain mail.

I assume you also hate LOTR and the non-dragon/non-human races. Based on the deletion of a photo because it was a LOTR image and your exclusion of the creatures I listed in the quote.

Post edited by SpyroRue on
  • SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

*pokes her head in*

Oh! This thread is still below 100 pages! COMPLAINT!

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    @ Rezca, no I wouldnt say that. LOTR is fantasy, mythril is a fictional metal compound, often used as a fine chainmail. This wouldn't remove the option of wearing plated Armour over the top of it. In fact it's more practical than your common steel chain mail.

I assume you also hate LOTR and the non-dragon/non-human races. Based on the deletion of a photo because it was a LOTR image and your exclusion of the creatures I listed in the quote.

Well I was being sarcastic when I said that, since it is quite rare for me to see any "normal" armor on a female figure. Usually just metal swimsuits.
    Yes I despise Lotr. Not as much as some things, but I used to enjoy it (Father read a chapter of the Hobbit PER NIGHT every night to me when I was three. When he died...? Yeah. I used to love the books when he was alive.)
    To correct you though, is the DRAGON-races and non-human races I despise. The elves and stuff are okay, the rest not so much.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

when Frodo saw Arwen for the first time, they showed her wearing mythril in his vision.

edited October 2012

Oh, I see the method to your madness lol ... On a serious note though, I can understand why you avoid lotr due to the passing of your father and his association to that topic. Perhaps despise is not the best word for it though, it sounds more like an 'avoided' society of creative fiction.

The non-elves in fantasy, is that because many of them are depicted as evil and of a more um... sinister appearance. (Stuck with a generic word for many less human more monster types of creatures lol) I assume Dwarves, Vampires and aliens are also included. :(

edited October 2012

Spyro said:

when Frodo saw Arwen for the first time, they showed her wearing mythril in his vision.

Liv Tyler is one of the most beautiful actress I've ever seen! And her gentle voice and nature is just remarkable. Great actress! Perfect Arwen

edited October 2012

Spyro said:
    Oh, I see the method to your madness lol ... On a serious note though, I can understand why you avoid lotr due to the passing of your father and his association to that topic. Perhaps despise is not the best word for it though, it sounds more like an 'avoided' society of creative fiction.

The non-elves in fantasy, is that because many of them are depicted as evil and of a more um... sinister appearance. (Stuck with a generic word for many less human more monster types of creatures lol) I assume Dwarves, Vampires and aliens are also included. :(

Depends. I rather enjoyed the Dwarf race in Warcraft, Heroes of Might and Magic V/VI, and in Age of Wonders. The magma dragons the dwarfs worship in HoMM V are cute. They're bipedal and have these loooong tails that drag along the ground as they walk, and they tuck their arms into their chest like a raptor when they breathe fire. <3 <br /> *ahem* Vampires are a mixed bag for me. On one hand the garbage some books spew out I don't much care for, but I did end up falling in love with a vampire character (Remilia Scarlet).
    Aliens are again a mixed bag. The elites and the grunts from Halo are awesome. And aliens. They're not exactly evil, but mostly misguided. (To put it extreeeeeemly simply and without spoilers.)
    Also some elves are ebil. Age of Wonders proved that (Not the special "sub-races" of elves, I mean the goody-goody ones. With sentience comes the choice as to how you want to live your life. They just chose incorrectly. Any race/species that is fully evil or fully good just because they are that race/species can take a hike in my opinion.)
    I found these two screenies of the magma dragon. The first shows it attacking a human soldier, but isn't that great of a view. I'd have to take one myself sometime I guess...
    The second is a concept art of it. I think... It isn't a screenshot though. Fan-art maybe?

213927-heroes-of-might-and-magic-v-hammers-of-fate-windows-screenshot.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 320K
    HeroesV_HF_Dwarves_07_Fire_Dragon.jpg
    903 x 800 - 293K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited October 2012

Meh so I don't have that one screenshot I took of him anymore...

Here's a crappy low-res version. (Same thing, just less detail and smaller >_> )
    See? Cute as a button. Not very huggable, but cute.

I just loooove watching them walk. They do it all slow and like, and watching their toes curl up when they lift their foot then spread out when they put their foot back down... Murr~

3002626987_e28e49a141.jpg
    500 x 313 - 118K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *pokes her head in*

Oh! This thread is still below 100 pages! COMPLAINT!

I'm posting as hard as I can!!!! :snake: :snake:

New complaints:

- Lunch is not digesting without a fight
    - Icy Hot helps my leg pain but DANG I smell like a hospital! :ahhh:
    - Still 2 hours before I can go home
    - Need to grocery shop so I can stay off my bad foot all weekend
    - A nice Core i7 system would be nice
    - After Effects isn't cheap
    - My coffee got cold (yecch)

edited December 1969

i think BB is po'd at me. i wrote that i like AO.

watchin dvds tee hee.
    Walter did a one cheek fart.
    Jeff said: what was that
    Walter: we're in DC that was a veto.

Jeff: marriage is an institution
    Walter: so is Alcatraz
    Jeff: you can't compare marriage to prison
    Walter: that's right, the warden doesn't max out your credit cards.

what's for dinner?

... spaghetti? ... nada to make garlic bread, or salad.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,686
    edited December 1969

I think all the topic reply notices I was not receiving just came in. This is not all of them, but it does show there are lots of them.

backlogofdaztopicreplies.jpg
    1725 x 626 - 284K
This discussion has been closed.