Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

1444546474850»

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

I am on my Android, not sleeping again
    had fruitloops with strawberry flavoured milk, like a strawberry milkshake only crunchy!!
    must try the crunchy nut clusters again WITH strawberry milk!!!

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Well that's a different combination. Lol. I'll have to try that somtime

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Spyro said:
    Or you just saving up for it?

Both. I so hope that it's heavily discounted and that I could stack all my coupons for it. Also trying to save up.

I would love to get my car running and back on the road. That will insurance, registration, and at least a new battery. I've sent a message to my nephew that I need car work done, but he hasn't answered yet. He owes me big time and I'm calling in markers.

With it's current price, I'd totally agree with you. It's a bit steep for hobby use at this stage.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

You mean the forums aren't chat rooms? Dang, I thought they were. I can't hang around waiting. I've got a long list of things to do in Studio.

The boot soles are looking good. I wonder if the lasts are made to make them curve up. And if so, why? Maybe a hiker or soldier would know.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Spyro said:
    Or you just saving up for it?

Both. I so hope that it's heavily discounted and that I could stack all my coupons for it. Also trying to save up.

I would love to get my car running and back on the road. That will insurance, registration, and at least a new battery. I've sent a message to my nephew that I need car work done, but he hasn't answered yet. He owes me big time and I'm calling in markers.
    C6pro is in the mail!
    you get some of the extras I did with the book version extras I see on the PC Advisor DVD inc the moda haircuts, the V4 skin shaders a spaceship and digital painter shaders, never looked on that DVD until yesterday.

edited December 1969

lol! as I mentioned on facebook, at the post office a lady was sending nosehair clippers to someone overseas!!

edited December 1969

Oooo, that sounds so cool. I need more content, lots more. I'll never have enough. How much do I owe you and how do you want me to pay?

edited December 1969

One year my ex gave nose hair clippers to our sons for Christmas. They were not notably impressed, but I had warned them in advance.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Ack, feeling silly - can't figure out what half the menus are for DAZ. Not even sure where to start, and video tutorials aren't very helpful for me. :( It's easier for me with traditional text with picture examples, and most of those seem to be for earlier versions of DAZ. I'm finding it tough to understand half of the conversations I'm reading here in the forums.

Do any of you kind folk have any pointers for a rank newbie? I get the feeling I started in the middle of things and haven't learned much of what I need to to use DAZ to the fullest.

Thank you so much! :)

edited December 1969

I started with all of this for my grandson Sasha who is 7. Now he wants to do animations, so I think it's time to move on up.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    You mean the forums aren't chat rooms? Dang, I thought they were. I can't hang around waiting. I've got a long list of things to do in Studio.

The boot soles are looking good. I wonder if the lasts are made to make them curve up. And if so, why? Maybe a hiker or soldier would know.

I have a couple of pairs of boots. One pair is a rather expensive Police/security boots - They have a real sleek designed soul, It's rather thick, the tread is very prominent and its got a rounded heel and slightly curved up like running shoes at the toes.

Work boots (nothing fancy, just tradies boots) Almost completely flat footed very minor curve, barely noticeable. Though again, tread is thick, but it's much more broad than the cop/sec pair.

edited December 1969

nothing, my salad for lunch cost more!

edited December 1969

You got C6Pro for less than a salad LOL

edited December 1969

Morning, James. We're all pretty full of stupid over here. The basics 101 is the right place for a beginner. Neither Jaderail nor I do very well with videos either. We need something printed. I waded into videos not knowing the terminology and was completely lost. After about 6-8 months of at least opening the programs and mashing the buttons, I was finally recognizing some of the words from the videos.

edited December 1969

Wendy, you are a doll. And an inspiration to me.

edited December 1969

Ack, feeling silly - can't figure out what half the menus are for DAZ. Not even sure where to start, and video tutorials aren't very helpful for me. :( It's easier for me with traditional text with picture examples, and most of those seem to be for earlier versions of DAZ. I'm finding it tough to understand half of the conversations I'm reading here in the forums.

Do any of you kind folk have any pointers for a rank newbie? I get the feeling I started in the middle of things and haven't learned much of what I need to to use DAZ to the fullest.

Thank you so much! :)

Best thing I can suggest to you would be to just go wild playing with everything in there. Dont be afraid to play around... You can always load a new scene. The Nuts and bolts thread might be of some assistance with info... Submit a new thread in there, theres planty of really talented people in there, I've learn off heaps of people. But it's one of those things that you got to muck around with it until you get a feel for the program :)

edited December 1969

I worked for a time at Tony Lama Boots in El Paso. It was fascinating to watch the guys down on the floor. They were artisans, not craftsmen. I would never be able to do what they did. I worked upstairs for one of the executives. One afternoon El Viejo, the top bootmaker, came up, felt my feet, and the next morning I had a pair of custom-made boots sitting on my desk. They fit perfectly. I paid the employee price, $15, for hand-made, custom boots that lasted for years.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Wendy, you are a doll. And an inspiration to me.

Inspiration is truly a great thing! Wendy is a great inspiration isn't she :)

edited December 1969

Ask lots of questions, James. I was too embarrassed and shy so it was months before I finally opened my mouth. But then it was like a flood-gate and they can't get me to shut up.

edited December 1969

I would not have paid more than $5 for that magazine, infact I think it was in one of those free 3 back issue bundles I sometimes buy.
    have about 100 DVD's full of mostly freeware and crap, have given most the magazines themselves away but hoard the DVD's
    one has Daz studio 2 on it!!!

edited December 1969

The new users forum is probably a good one to visit too

edited December 1969

I would not have paid more than $5 for that magazine, infact I think it was in one of those free 3 back issue bundles I sometimes buy.
    have about 100 DVD's full of mostly freeware and crap, have given most the magazines themselves away but hoard the DVD's
    one has Daz studio 2 on it!!!

LOL I still got DS2 lol that was my primary daz until DS4 came out. I wasnt a fan of Ds3

edited December 1969

Well, since we're this close, I guess I'll stick around. Maybe we should wait and give Jeff a chance, but he's probably zonked from his treatment this morning.

399463_10151973586830191_16650831_n.jpg
    720 x 540 - 32K
    edited December 1969

oooooooh 100 pages, the race is on
    Spyro, Skiriki, Anne and me! & some new Beery guy! what if HE gets the next thread.
    nya nya nya Jaderail and Miss bad Wolf!!!!

edited December 1969

Miss bad wolf is author of this one, wheres Jaderail ( the father of this thread)

edited December 1969

Another bit of advice, if I haven't already given it. Get your content organized correctly. I'm reorganizing mine for the upteenth time already. Never pass up a freebie. Join the Platinum Club.

edited December 1969

I tried answering my remote control when my phone rang once! :red:

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Well, since we're this close, I guess I'll stick around. Maybe we should wait and give Jeff a chance, but he's probably zonked from his treatment this morning.

Did you know I'm 22 and have never used an ipad!! WTF is wrong with me?!?! LMAO

edited December 1969

and Mister James dot Beery, if you have pwned this thread, call the next one something stooooooooooooooooopid!!!

edited October 2012

Something stupider than just because I can!

More stupidity here

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.