DAZ Studio 4.9.1 Pro, General Release!

Comments

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Yea, that's one of the things about Windows 10 that's not so good.  It's not listing ALL of the apps that are on board, only a certain number of them so I can't just scroll down, find DS and tell it to make all files associated with it the default again! 

• GiGi_7 said:
    Kharma said:
    barbult said:

barbult said:

Please remember that with Daz Connect, all those folders are hidden from us. They do not show up in Daz Studio Formats in the Content Library. The lack of clear naming/icons to differentiate Iray materials from 3Delight materials is a real problem for users who install with Daz Connect.

Those folders are in the Smart Content tab under both files and products. 

I don't understand how to locate FOLDERS in Smart Content. I see categories, but I don't see FOLDERS. How do I see the folder structure created by the PA, so I can see what files are in what folder? PAs often organize things by folders and Daz doesn't always assign categories to match the folders.

The "physical" folders (i.e. those that you could navigate in Windows Explorer, or equivalent) are not represented in Smart Content (SC). The "folders" that show in SC (files or products) are a heirarchical representation of the metadata (Categories) that look a bit like a folder structure but don't represent folders on disk. If you want to see a view of the physical folder structure you have to go to Content Library (CL), which is the way it has always been.

However, if you installed the content using Connect there is no view of these physical folders in CL—they aren't "user-facing". They are in "My Connect Library" which is invisible in Studio. Content there is only accessible by the icons in SC and in Products in CL.

Content installed manually or with DIM will have the physical folder structure mapped in CL in the pre-SC style. You can access these via a right-click action in SC: right click an icon in SC and select "Show in Content Library/Mapped Folder". That will jump you to CL where the folders are. If "Mapped Folders" is greyed out it's because there aren't any mapped folders because the product was installed with Connect.

This is why I had to go back to DIM and Content library...I just couldn't wrap my head around the structure in Smart Content..I am hoping that they change the way content is displayed in Smart Content so it really is easier to find as I liked to use the connect feature and install right inside Studio.  The idea of smart content is great but the execution is a pain in the butt to put it mildly

The same for me. I stopped to use connect because folder structure is not visible, then this can't be used to build custom categories. For products with several nested subfolders is a real pain to create the same structure when before one only right click was needed. So I stay with DIM and CL too, because connect was a backward in custom categorization for me.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#private_channel

• Update to DzCloud 1.0.0.203; initial virtual folder support
    • Added basic support for Daz Connect virtual folders in Content Library pane
    • Daz Connect virtual folders are now the first child of Daz Studio and Poser Formats in the Content Library pane when products have been installed via Daz Connect

Yes, Now I'm totally happy with 4.9.2 improvements.

• MEC4DMEC4D Posts: 5,249

I still did not figured out why DS 4.9.1 still crashing my Nvidia display driver each time I try to use interactive mode , photoreal mode working fine even when use CPU but the moment I change to GPU Interactive mode crash and DS for debug with Visual Studio  it happening  since 4.9.0  build

any ideas ?

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    MEC4D said:

I still did not figured out why DS 4.9.1 still crashing my Nvidia display driver each time I try to use interactive mode , photoreal mode working fine even when use CPU but the moment I change to GPU Interactive mode crash and DS for debug with Visual Studio  it happening  since 4.9.0  build

any ideas ?

I think this issue was fixed in 4.9.2.55. See here. Current beta version is 4.9.2.60. I hope this help.

• JDStriderJDStrider Posts: 98
    RAMWolff said:

Well I was so so excited to finally find a tutorial for making basic meta data and even included how to get a product image to show for the category but  for some reason the image is still not showing.  The meta data was saved successfully saved to the Runtime> Support folder.  I then made an icon image 114 X 148 Pixels and named it exactly the same name as the meta data name and saved it to the Support folder.  Restarted DS and .... nada.  While it's not showing the generic Local User icon it's not showing my nice image.  It's showing some weird accumulated looking icon of a mixture of stuff under that non DAZ umbrella where everything non or old DAZ gets dropped (which I STILL do not agree with this approch at all). 

Spooky, please enlighten me as to why, even after following the tutoral to the letter, that my own image is not showing for the product that I created meta data for. 

Thank you

Richard

Where might this be? (the tutorial)

Hi Sonya,

I am not sure if this is the same one that Richard is refering to, but it covers the basics:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/packaging/tutorials/adding_metadata/start

Cheers!

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    barbult said:

barbult said:

Please remember that with Daz Connect, all those folders are hidden from us. They do not show up in Daz Studio Formats in the Content Library. The lack of clear naming/icons to differentiate Iray materials from 3Delight materials is a real problem for users who install with Daz Connect.

Those folders are in the Smart Content tab under both files and products. 

I don't understand how to locate FOLDERS in Smart Content. I see categories, but I don't see FOLDERS. How do I see the folder structure created by the PA, so I can see what files are in what folder? PAs often organize things by folders and Daz doesn't always assign categories to match the folders.

A quick way to get to a Daz Connect product's folder structure in the Cloud folder is to select one of product's icon displayed in Smart Content, right click and select "Browse to File Location".  If you can't make heads or tails of a product's category structure shown on the Smart Content tab, you can clarify what's what by adding a character (I use x) to a folder to block display of what you don't want to see and refresh the Smart Content tab.  This is useful to isolate content for recategorization. Make sure you only select visible icons to recategorize, as the blocked icons (displayed as a missing file) will also be recategorized if selected.  Remove the added character to the folder name (in the product's Cloud folder) to unblock the display of those folder's files. 

Sometimes I may have to move files into a temporary folder to block them if they have files in nested folders.

I use this technique of blocking icons to assist in categorizaton of complex products with no metadata where everything shown in the Lost and Found category and to assist in sorting files to create shorcuts in the Daz Fromat's Content Library, including Poser only format products.  It also helps to make heads or tails of those pesky Daz Connect installed multi-figure/generational hair and pose products for recategoration.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153

I am just curious is anyone else had any issues with iray crashing after updating your graphic drivers?  I was wondering if Daz had a update or  a fix for 4.9 yet since the new VR drivers came out. Did I read somewhere there is a fix  for the driver issue in the 4.9 beta version?. I am using the full release version.   I had to roll back my graphic driver to keep daz from crashing back a few weeks ago. and I got another notice from NIVIDA  that I have yet another driver update with VR technology.. so before i update anything more because i'm in a big project i was just wondering if the Iray , Nivida driver crashing thing has been resolved?

thanks for reading my comment

edited May 2016

Really no answer to my question..lol... thank you all for your support.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

This is mentioend in the Public build thread.

here is the post that mentions the driver issue specifically: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1163346/#Comment_1163346
    -----
    Iray 2015.3.9, build 246000.16951

Bug fixes

Iray Interactive

A bug has been fixed that caused a driver timeout or system crash on graphics drivers of version 364 or later.

Chohole said:

here is the post that mentions the driver issue specifically: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1163346/#Comment_1163346
    -----

Bug fixes

Iray Interactive

A bug has been fixed that caused a driver timeout or system crash on graphics drivers of version 364 or later.

Thank you Chohole. I been reading the thread today.. can I have the beta version over write my full release version.4.9.1? 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129
    Ivy said:
    Chohole said:

-----

Bug fixes

Iray Interactive

Thank you Chohole. I been reading the thread today.. can I have the beta version over write my full release version.4.9.1? 

The Beta version does not overwrite the full release. You can have both installed. Or if you don't want the buggy released 4.9.1, you can uninstall it and use only the beta. That is what I did.

barbult said:
    Ivy said:
    Chohole said:

-----

Bug fixes

Iray Interactive

The Beta version does not overwrite the full release. You can have both installed. Or if you don't want the buggy released 4.9.1, you can uninstall it and use only the beta. That is what I did.

Thank you very much for the information . I am downloaded the beta version as I write this. I'll delete the 4.9.1 version once i have the beta one working

I what I noticed and I thought it rather odd  is i do not get this display driver error in daz 4.8  preview though like i do with daz 4.9.   aren't daz 4.8 & daz 4.9 using the same nivida tecnology? 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,707

There were updates to Iray in the updated DS versions - including a fix for the crash bug with some mesh that had been hitting some users of 4.8. It is quite possible that the earlier version was affected differently or not at all by the issue fixed in the latest beta.

Okay updated 4.9 beta and seems i got it in the right place everything appears to be working fine Daz 4.8 is still working great too. no issues with PostgreSQL. So I updated the Dynamic clothing plugin as well .thanks for the information guys I am working on a fairly large project and the version of daz 4.9 i was working in kept crashing when i was using Iray Aux preview.after i updated my Nivida drivers .  so after installing the Daz 4.9 Beta I reinstalled my Graphic drivers.  the new Daz eata update seems to have fixed my crashing issue

Thank you again for the help.

edited May 2016

I just wanted to come back and say thank you for the help.  I removed the full version of daz 4.9 off my PC to resolve any conflicts there might a cure in the future if i kept both instances of daz 4.9 , Though I still have daz studio 4.8 & 4.6 installed. and I seem to have no issues with those rendering.

After i have tested and rendered a few of my save complex scenes i was working on.  it appears installing the daz 4.9 beta resolved all my issues with daz crashing during rendering with Iray Aux view  window.   it did not start doing the crashing until after I had updated my NIVIDA graphic drivers a couple of weeks ago. so everything seems to working as it was.  it also seems to  fixed the issue with the pink and purple artifacts i have been getting when using just Spot light with deep shadow map set in 3delight. I dunno if it fixed the artifacts effect with the distant light with deep  shadow maps setting applied  yet so I'll work on that one tonight.

I want to thank you again... Life is good again.

Post edited by Ivy on

Glad it's working now - though I'm not aware that the DSM issue in 3Delight is really fixed.

edited May 2016

So far so good.   I'm not sure the DSM issue was fixed .. when i did a test render this afternoon I did not get the little pink & purple dot artifacts using  the spot light as my light source.  I knew its a real issue with the distant lights set with DSM . I have not tried it yet. later tonight when i get working my my street racing animation I'll give it a go and se e what happens

Thanks for the help Richard.

Post edited by Ivy on
  • 4.9 does not install for me. Every time I try to, it just states install failed. Checking the log file just shows it failed without explaining. Already running DIM as administrator

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Do not run DIM as administrator -- it's designed not to and it can actually cause errors to run it with elevated privileges.

Glad it's working now - though I'm not aware that the DSM issue in 3Delight is really fixed.

I guess your right Richard.  the pink and purple artifacts are still present, I tried working with DMS in a animated project last night to speed up some of my render time in a long scene and I had to disregard the DSM light setting and go back to raytrace using my distant light sources.  because it was loaded with those pink & purple artifacts pixals when I used the DMS setting.  I just thought I let everyone know . Though when I use 2 or more spotlights in a scene using DMS settings  I do not get those artifacts .. curious?

I believe that if the intensities of the lights sum to less than 100% you won't, or are unlikely to, get the artefacts. I can't recall if spot lights are inherently less vulnerable.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,310

I've just updated to 4.9 and I get the error shown in the jpeg below.  I assume this is because I haven't set up DAZ Connect yet. I am correct or is there something more deeply wrong with my CMS.

Cheers,

Alex.

Studio 49 CMS Error.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 382K

Have you installed PostgreSQL? 4.8 and before would use the valentina database (the original, always on, service database) but 4.9 uses only PostgreSQL. What security software are you using - there's a known conflict between PostgreSQL and Zone Alarm, though we have seen reprots that an update to ZA to address this is available.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited May 2016
    Ivy said:

I guess your right Richard.  the pink and purple artifacts are still present, I tried working with DMS in a animated project last night to speed up some of my render time in a long scene and I had to disregard the DSM light setting and go back to raytrace using my distant light sources.  because it was loaded with those pink & purple artifacts pixals when I used the DMS setting.  I just thought I let everyone know . Though when I use 2 or more spotlights in a scene using DMS settings  I do not get those artifacts .. curious?

Basically, the Deep Shadow Map artefacting problem will never be fixed...ever.  It would require a complete rebuild from the ground up and all renderers are moving away from such old-school techniques.  It's a problem deep within the algorithms and all RiSpec renderers suffer from it to some degree.   Renderman and 3DL are both moving DSM to the background (or as it looks, outright abandonning it).

Post edited by mjc1016 on

Have you installed PostgreSQL? 4.8 and before would use the valentina database (the original, always on, service database) but 4.9 uses only PostgreSQL. What security software are you using - there's a known conflict between PostgreSQL and Zone Alarm, though we have seen reprots that an update to ZA to address this is available.

Richard,

Thanks for your response.  I've just rerun the PostgreSQL installer, just in case I missed it this time, and I'm still getting the error message.  I don't use Zone Alarm.

Cheers,

Alex.

edited May 2016

Richard,

Thanks for your response.  I've just rerun the PostgreSQL installer, just in case I missed it this time, and I'm still getting the error message.  I don't use Zone Alarm.

Cheers,

Alex.

Have you ever customised the PostgreSQL settings? If you go to C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\cms there should be a file cmscfg.json. Open that is a text editor and note the Port and DatabaseClusterPath settings - they should match the settings in Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings tab. Go to DatabaseClusterPath (probably C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\cms) and then the ContentCluster subfolder and open postgresql.conf - is the port value the same (ignore any #port lines - they have been disabled)? If not change th setting in the postgresql.conf and save it.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Richard,

Cheers,

Alex.

Have you ever customised the PostgreSQL settings? If you go to C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\cms there should be a file cmscfg.json. Open that is a text editor and note the Port and DatabaseClusterPath settings - they should match the settings in Edit>Preferences>CMS Settings tab. Go to DatabaseClusterPath (probably C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\cms) and then the ContentCluster subfolder and open postgresql.conf - is the port value the same (ignore any #port lines - they have been disabled)? If not change th setting in the postgresql.conf and save it.

Richard,

All three port numbers match.  I'm beginning to think that  my anti-virus software, Trendmicro, is blocking the port.  I've opened up the control panel but that does not display any port numbers, blocked or otherwise.  The Windows firewall is also set up to allow DAZ Studio through. 

I am completely stumped, any further advice you can offer will be gratefully recieved.

Cheers,

Alex.

CMS config file.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 237K
    CMS config SQL.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 473K
    CMS config Studio.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 376K

You could try disconnecting from the net entirely, disabling your security software, and running DS to se if the connection then works.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    JDStrider said:
    RAMWolff said:

Well I was so so excited to finally find a tutorial for making basic meta data and even included how to get a product image to show for the category but  for some reason the image is still not showing.  The meta data was saved successfully saved to the Runtime> Support folder.  I then made an icon image 114 X 148 Pixels and named it exactly the same name as the meta data name and saved it to the Support folder.  Restarted DS and .... nada.  While it's not showing the generic Local User icon it's not showing my nice image.  It's showing some weird accumulated looking icon of a mixture of stuff under that non DAZ umbrella where everything non or old DAZ gets dropped (which I STILL do not agree with this approch at all). 

Spooky, please enlighten me as to why, even after following the tutoral to the letter, that my own image is not showing for the product that I created meta data for. 

Thank you

Richard

Where might this be? (the tutorial)

Hi Sonya,

I am not sure if this is the same one that Richard is refering to, but it covers the basics:

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/packaging/tutorials/adding_metadata/start

Cheers!

Thank you!

• (Scene Builder for DAZ Studio) and (Default Resources for DAZ Studio 4.9)

Hi sorry for the interrupt
    I have a question and I am looking for the answer since the hour I loaded the program with these two files and I do not know where I put them now, please help.....