Shirts with rolled up sleeves

ChushaChusha Posts: 39
edited December 1969 in Product Suggestions

I've been looking for ages since I started playing around with DAZ Studio for a T-shirt with an option to roll the sleeves up to the shoulders for V4, A4, M4, and the other x4 series. (I've also looked for the same thing for V3, A3...) Maybe even a polo shirt version would be neat too.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821
    edited June 2012

if the rolling up not animated quite easy!
    make the forearm of the top seethrough in the opacity channel and parent a resized cylinder primitive to each elbow or wherever you want.
    use the original forearm texture and a wavy texture in the displacement channel adjusting sliders and spot rendering until you get the best result.
    some bright spark might even post a texture they have made and even smart propped cylinders!
    (not me, do not know how to make prop files for others!)

animated rollup possible too btw!
    send top to Hexagon
    enable symmetry, soft select and select vertices from the end of the sleeves upwards
    resize smaller on x-axis and translate up the arm
    add a bit of displacement all around with the displacement brush, maybe before resizing and translating
    send back to Daz studio and you have a morph slider you can name then animate!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

It's technically difficult.

I can do the morph easily enough, but there's no way to make it play well with the rigging when a sleeve crosses more than one bone. Maybe on a shirt whose sleeves are basically completely rigged to the collarbone areas.

You're more likely to see a set that's permanently meshed that way than able to morph that way, is what I'm saying.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2012

It's technically difficult.

I can do the morph easily enough, but there's no way to make it play well with the rigging when a sleeve crosses more than one bone. Maybe on a shirt whose sleeves are basically completely rigged to the collarbone areas.

You're more likely to see a set that's permanently meshed that way than able to morph that way, is what I'm saying.

What about a transmap to remove the long portion of the sleeve and then 2 separate ruffled props parented near the top of the arms to at least give the scrunched look? Would something like that work?
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

If you made the ruffle props specifically for the character morph, or they were separate conforming pieces. It's kind of a clunky solution but I could see using it for maybe one render.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,821
    edited December 1969

basically what I suggested with the cylinders.
    yes it would have to match the diffuse but a universal displacement map and smart prop for any shirt possible!

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

basically what I suggested with the cylinders.
    yes it would have to match the diffuse but a universal displacement map and smart prop for any shirt possible!

Would also double as a nice hair scrunchy. haha
  • ChushaChusha Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

I was thinking of a morph like what the Nerd and Preppy school outfit has for A4.