Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

You stick to your story (but yes, it was always 5, not 6. I saw it when it was first posted. I already have her. Stephanie is one of my fav gals.) 

The renders look nice!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Lol I was totally wrong on it being 6.  Its been one of those days...

edited May 2016

Here is the explanation for the Iray Skydome Super Pak. I used it in this render. It's not a new product, but I haven't used it so I didn't need to track down how it works before now. I also put it in my first post of this thread. This is Kalea with Lani Hair, I postworked the forehead area. It was a bit splotchy in areas and it was hard to twiddle with in the viewport. She's wearing Maui Days Outfit.  I did test out the Oleander Hair and I found it to be thin and stringy compared to what I want on my characters. Your camera angle will make a difference on that one, so be sure and rotate around to get the most out of the hair.

Like the teeth on Kalea, no adjustments needed. They look natural, not like squares!

KaleaOOTSpaceLites.jpg
    500 x 900 - 382K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited May 2016

Yeah, I slimmed her down all over, including the hips.

Was playing with the Lend Her Grace poses that comes with a ball, and used Ceramics for Iray shader.  The Lend Her Grace poses have a nice variety, and if you need to be holding anything in the hands, you can substitute that prop for the ball.  (Note- I didn't do the hairline so you can see it without postwork. Move it around and tweak it to see if you get better results than how it loads. I played with this and it still needs work.)

Kalea2IrayWorlds.jpg
    500 x 900 - 346K
    Post edited by Novica on

Wonder how the Oleander Hair would work if you loaded two set on.  I've done that a couple of times when I've found hair to be to thin or whispy.  I didn't buy  this particular character (yet) so I don't have it to test it.

It honestly doesn't do anything special that can't be found in the other long haired products, so the additional render time wouldn't be worth it IMO. Your best bet if you wanted to try something like that, I think would be a geometry shell.

It didn't cost me anything to get it as it was in the Pro bundle and the things I wanted individually would have added up to more than the bundle. And not every person has thick hair so it does offer a variety. Anyone else got Kalea renders?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129

Take a look at this thread to see if it will help you with the stringy sparse hair problem.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416

I'm afraid those texture tricks arn't going to help with this hair, if you look at the the last promo you'll see it's stringy because the mesh itself is stringy, you can't texture mesh that isn't there.  A geometry shell might help a little but it's still gonig to have strings, just double strings in the same places.  Loading two copies and slightly morphing one of them is probably the only good option...  or just use one of April's lovely long hair models.

I bought the Lani hair, it's one of my favorite styles IRL (that my only slightly wavy hair can't pull off) it looks so pretty and natural.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Do you want to see the worst (skimpware) promos of all time?

Look at new Item "LUST - Fishnet Cami for Genesis 3 Female" on Rendo (NSFW)

:-D

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    Renomista said:

Well it gets the point across I guess..   but what does the back look like?  Some front and back standing poses would be nice to see what you're actually getting.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    Renomista said:

Look at new Item "LUST - Fishnet Cami for Genesis 3 Female" on Rendo (NSFW)

:-D

I've seen women with that makeup standing on a street corner.  Why on earth do people think that kind of ugly would sell a product?  It can't seriously attract that many people!

Yeah, she puts the "ugh" in ugly. 

With the Classic Denim Jumpsuit promo, and some of the other product promos the past month, this is looking more like Renderosity. I'm getting bored with it frankly. Buying sets mostly.

Well....it does fit the ummm outfit....

On the other hand their freebie this month is stunning...

I am about shopped out myself.  I still have a large wishlist but I went through and got rid of over 200 items.  The rest is more along the lines of sets, environments and things to make my life easier like pose convertors, generation convertors and animals.  I did pick up Aylin by Darwins Mishap(s).  She has a very strong face with really narrow cheeks.  Very different looking character.  But the photos he posted in his commercial thread do this character far more justice than the promo photos.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Which and whose freebie? 

I'm clearing out my wishlist too - but 'clearing' as in deleting, not 'clearing' as buying stuff LOL. I find I'm more interested in props and environments nowdays. I'm not really into characters as much anymore, except for the skin. I don't even really look at face or body morphs, but the skin I am constantly focused on. Saiyaness's new one Opal intrigued me, because it was a mature aged woman - something that, as we all know, is sadly lacking, so I am definitely interested in her. And SecondCircle's new upcoming girl has dark skin in three different shades, so she is definitely attracting me - I've given up hope on seeing a Monique 7 and I desperately want a REALLY good dark skin. But yeah, environments, iray lights and shaders are what grab me more these days.  

Well....it does fit the ummm outfit....

On the other hand their freebie this month is stunning...

I am about shopped out myself.  I still have a large wishlist but I went through and got rid of over 200 items.  The rest is more along the lines of sets, environments and things to make my life easier like pose convertors, generation convertors and animals.  I did pick up Aylin by Darwins Mishap(s).  She has a very strong face with really narrow cheeks.  Very different looking character.  But the photos he posted in his commercial thread do this character far more justice than the promo photos.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    jakiblue said:

I've given up hope on seeing a Monique 7

Why?

Because every time we seem to get close to a new figure - rumblings, rumours, people spotting names in descriptions etc - it's not Monique. 

jakiblue said:

I've given up hope on seeing a Monique 7

Why?

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited May 2016

I'm hoping against hope that Kimo really is an awesome male figure and he comes complete with a really nice hair like Lani hair- and AND he has sci-fi clothing. After all if Kalea can have a post apocalpytic skimpwear set, then Kimo can have a space suit. Stranger stuff can happen. I also hope the secondary characters aren't recolors of existing figures, but have some newer skins.

But, what I'm expecting is some sandal and short outfits ala teen Justin and maybe a swimsuit.

I'm actually a bit surprised by the genesis 3 female promo. That's highly suggestive and well, um a bit much. Would it be okay to have a man with most of his butt hanging out of his straining spandex short shorts and have that all be front and center?

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

"Would it be okay to have a man with most of his butt hanging out of his straining spandex short shorts and have that all be front and center?"

I doubt if most people see a swim suit as overly suggestive these days.. and if you don't think that the male is represented that way your taking a miss on MM3's promos.

edited May 2016

I think its their prime freebie.  I don't know if I am allowed to link to it or not. And I too am deleting not buying lol.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited May 2016

lol.  nope haven't seen a scrolling banner image depicting the male anatomy up close like that image of the women's cleavage. And who said I had an issue with swimsuits? It is mostly hanging out of the swimsuit that is the issue. 

• KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854

And here I thought that was a rather conservative swim suit..like the kind I use to wear at colledge over 30 years go..not nearly as frisky as some the girls rock these days. And I think the key difference is that if the male figure were in the scroll bar showing off cleave he would be bare chested all together..

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

I think Serene Night is talking about the one from yesterday with the woman in the plane cockpit, not the swimsuit one from today.

edited May 2016

Fixmypcmike is correct. It has to do a lot with how the image is cropped. Words are placed right over her chest. Her chest is the focus of the image. IT has nothing to do with a swimsuit. In fact the image doesn't have one, that I can tell.

I had someone admit to me that they were not going to cite DAZ store as a source of content, because they feel the store presents the wrong sort of image to their clients. I can understand this sentiment.

I am entitled not to like an image, or find it a bit over the top. People do not create images like that to be ignored and not talked about. This is a provocative image and I chose to comment on it. Certainly it isn't the most sexy image I've ever seen, but it is a question of getting a bit tiring that is all.

I'm getting a little confused. 

Are we all referring to the "Classic Denim Jumpsuit" new product? The jumpsuit was obviously created to show as much cleavage as possible - going through the promos I can't see any image that shows her breasts fully covered, and/or the buttons done up completely to the neck or anything. With an outfit like that, that was deliberately created to show as much cleavage as it can, I can't see how you could do any other type of promo but a cleavage baring one. 

I mean, I too am fairly tired of the 'over-sexualization' of female characters/clothing, but then, it seems to be a HUGE market so there's no getting around it. I do fairly sexy renders at time too - but it's just that I want an OPTION to sexy clothing. 

edited May 2016

Well not much cleavage in this one lol. This is Aylin for Gen3F from Darwins Mishap(s). She is a shape and mats only not a full actor. This is her very pale preset she also has a human preset and skin as well. Some very interesting make ups, a couple of them geared very much toward horror but a good range I think. I don't do much horror at all but liked the character enough that having one or two makeup I might use only once was worth it to me. I really really like her narrower face.

A Quiet Place to Be.png
    1024 x 819 - 1M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

The image is the "Amazing Genesis 3 female" one. With the full on cleavage shot. I'm not going to divert Novica's thread further though.

edited May 2016

Well not much cleavage in this one lol. This is Aylin for Gen3F from Darwins Mishap(s).

This is beautiful! your water is amazing, and I love the alien plants.

Well not much cleavage in this one lol. This is Aylin for Gen3F from Darwins Mishap(s).

This is beautiful! your water is amazing, and I love the alien plants.

Thank you! The water is part of the Iray Worlds Sky Dome.  Didn't have to do anything but put it in the scene - water sky lights. with lots of options to move the light in the sky etc or change the sky mats.

LOL, it's okay (btw, I agree with you 100%.)  Everyone has their point of view.

Sonja, that is a beautiful render! Well done!

This discussion has been closed.