Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    Kharma said:

I am finally getting around to trying out some of the products I have purchased lately and tonite was playing with the 200Plus Head and Face Morphs for G3F by Dogz.  It is an amazing collection of morphs for G3F and I do hope Dogz will do the same for G3M. This is the character I came up with in just a few minutes of playing, and I used the Mei Lin 7 materials on her

Very nice!  We had that product featured awhile ago and I still haven't tried it, I also read people were combining that with the Randomizer. (Which I haven't had time to try either. Geez.) How would those two work together? Anyone done it?

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Novica said:

I read yesterday two people were killed in cars, but I can't find the article. Here's a good one from bbc

Yes 2 young girls, one was the 16 year old daughter of the Deputy fire chief and the other was her 19 year old cousin, so sad that they lost their lives trying to escape the fires.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    Novica said:
    Kharma said:

I am finally getting around to trying out some of the products I have purchased lately and tonite was playing with the 200Plus Head and Face Morphs for G3F by Dogz.  It is an amazing collection of morphs for G3F and I do hope Dogz will do the same for G3M. This is the character I came up with in just a few minutes of playing, and I used the Mei Lin 7 materials on her

Very nice!  We had that product featured awhile ago and I still haven't tried it, I also read people were combining that with the Randomizer. (Which I haven't had time to try either. Geez.) How would those two work together? Anyone done it?

Thanks it was quite fun to play with, I have randomizer too but haven't tried it out yet

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    Novica said:

BTW, praying for you folks up in Canada with that MASSIVE fire. An entire city burning! Hope all the animals/pets were able to get out of harm's way. 90,000 people fleeing, roads jammed and flames engulfing the roads as cars are bumper to bumper and not moving. Hope you get a break in the weather with tons of rain to help put the fire out.

Horrible situation, there's really only one highway southbound out of town of Fort Mac, which is situated deep in oil/mining territory of Northern Alberta.  They really need rain,  it's been unseasonably hot and dry.  Somehow, miraculously, they've managed to keep people safe so far,  but they keep having to move and evacuate them,  because the winds keep shifting,  so areas that were safe suddenly are not, and they have to move people again. Now they've started bussing them down to Edmonton and Calgary which are bigger cities further south and well clear of the danger.  The real question is,  will there be anything left of the town to come back to.  Terrifying prospect. 

Seeing the cars driving down roads with massive fires alongside and embers falling in the road - that must be quite terrifying, especially if your family is with you. Last summer my wife and I drove by a grass fire alongside I-5 in Washington state. The fire was only a few feet high but right along the guardrail - that was close enough for me. Can't imagine doing it with flames tens of feet high.

Novica said:

Yes, they work well together. Just type 200 in the filter and it will bring up the 8 morph groups. Check all but the last one. Also check the Zero before Randomizing; otherwise they build up and you get really weird shapes (that's true of most morph groups).

Another 100,000 acres in the Canadian fire. This has video of the airport, a time lapse, and is a good summary article of what went on today.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Novica said:

Another 100,000 acres in the Canadian fire. This has video of the airport, a time lapse, and is a good summary article of what went on today.

This is just so awful....

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,147

There are some bargains today in the Mother's Day sale.

Sexy Open Side Tank Outfit

Sexy Open Side Tank Outfit Looks

I bought this outfit and texture expansion for Genesis. It autofits well to this morphed Genesis 3 Male. There are quite a few morphs for adjusting fit. I changed the pants to High Resolution with Edit>Geometry>Convert to SubD and increased the smoothing a little to improve the crotch fit. I used included  adjustment morphs to prevent the dog tags from embedding in the shirt and to move the MP3 player to correctly fit in the back pocket. I was quite impressed with how well this autofit and adjusted.

I converted all surfaces to Iray Uber Shader. One surprise was that the top used subsurface refraction and refraction was on in the converted texture. The shirt rendered pretty see-through, not at all like the promo images. It is kind of neat, though. I turned refraction off and then it rendered like the promos. Some details are hard to see in these renders, because the product textures are pretty dark.

The additional textures in the "Looks" product contain some lighter colored textures.

G3M Sexy Open Side Tank Autofit 1.jpg
    618 x 800 - 228K
    G3M Sexy Open Side Tank Autofit 1 no refraction.jpg
    618 x 800 - 204K
    G3M Sexy Open Side Tank Autofit 2 no refraction.jpg
    618 x 800 - 107K
    G3M Sexy Open Side Tank Autofit 2 back no refraction.jpg
    618 x 800 - 115K
    G3M Sexy Open Side Tank Autofit 3 no refraction.jpg
    618 x 800 - 276K
    G3M Sexy Open Side Tank Autofit 4 shoes.jpg
    618 x 800 - 194K
    G3M Sexy Open Side Tank Autofit 5 MP3.jpg
    618 x 800 - 218K
    G3M Sexy Open Side Tank Autofit 3 loks.jpg
    618 x 800 - 325K
    G3M Sexy Open Side Tank Autofit 5 MP3 looks.jpg
    618 x 800 - 306K
    G3M Sexy Open Side Tank Autofit 2 full front looks.jpg
    618 x 800 - 99K

That looks really good Barbult- going onto a Gen3Male from Genesis! The crotch adjustments worked well (as did autofit.)  LOL, I bet the see-through was a surprise, you're right, it's not like the promos!  You got a good deal, thanks for showing us!

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    edited May 2016

Has anyone of you bought one of the Chars from SecondCircle on Rendo and could post some renders.

The Promos look really really nice

Post edited by Renomista on

I haven't.

edited May 2016

Okay, looking at a few props (doing a Nathy feature, two different products.) 

CyberBox  I only posted a few of them, there are several not shown. I like that the lid on the box is lowered. Great for weathered containers.

These go well with CyberInterface which has some neat sci-fi options for you and I can only imagine if you use Ron's brushes or other effects, what you can do with these.

I used the lights from OOT's Environments Space.  Dome Orientation Y 280. Environment Intensity 1.50  Exposure Value 13.47, Film ISO 135.

CyberBoxCInterface.jpg
    1000 x 900 - 690K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I have MaryJane and Ayako. Gimme a minute and I'll find the renders I did of them.  

Renomista said:

Has anyone of you bought one of the Chars from SecondCircle on Rendo and could post some renders.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921
    jakiblue said:

I have MaryJane and Ayako. Gimme a minute and I'll find the renders I did of them.  

Renomista said:

Great! Looking forward to them!

Oooops sorry, I totally forgot! 

This one is MaryJane. I used one of Colm's Iray Render Studio scenes here - a quick setup and render so I could just play with her. Outfit is the Trendsetter Outfit (believe it or not, that is actually my all time fave G3 outfit right now, especially weird coming from someone who's not interested at all in contemporary clothes). Hair is Edit hair, I believe? Pose is from DM's Sheer Class. Image is postworked also. 

MaryJane_final.png
    600 x 970 - 904K

This one is Ayako. Wearing Ghost Suit by SynfulMindz (at their site) and the Tulip Hair for G3F by Aeon Soul here at DAZ. Lighting is agan from Colm's Iray Render Studio Scenes. I did do another Ayako one, but I don't particularly like it. It's a bit...gammin.  sad Don't really wanna show that one. LOL. This one I was way more happy with. 

Also, AJ (SecondCircle) has a wonderful Iray light at his DA account for free, that is really good. I think it's also at Rendo's freestuff too. 

His characters are fantastic. I really adore them. They are a little bit more petite than I usually like (Olympia 7 is still my #1 all time favourite figure), but I think they are fantastic. And apparently, he's coming to the DAZ store here too at some stage :)

Ayako_jakiblue_02_elite.png
    600 x 970 - 887K
    edited May 2016

Btw, I believe his promos of MaryJane and Ayako use his light set that I mentioned - I've used it a few times and think it's excellent. :)

And in case I've forgotten or mixed up the credits here, the correct credits of what I've used are in my Iray Portraits gallery here at DAZ:

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#galleries/475291

Post edited by jakiblue on
    edited May 2016

Very nice renders jakiblue! I especially like your Ayako one.

I finally had a chance to do some renders yesterday. Our oldest daughter was celebrating her 10th anniversary in Florida so we were watching our 2, 5 and 7 year old grandchildren for four days. Whew! Lots of fun but I can see why you want to have children when you're young.

The products I used for these renders are older ones that I bought recently and first time I've given them a try. The scene is a kitbash of FirstBastion's Ridge Walk Mountains and Ansiko's Salem Church and Cemetery. The first render is 3DL using the skydome, lights, and fog camera from FirstBastion's set. I always like his sets as they give you a complete environment with good detail and in 3DL are fast rendering.

The second render is Iray. I wanted to see how easy or hard it would be to recreate the foggy scene.  I used the camera and lights from AtmoCam for Iray and changed color and density to try to get a similar scene. It took a while to find the fog prop - it's attached to the camera, you have to use Hidden Line DrawStyle to see it, but since it covers the entire scene, you don't really see it unless you move it. Once you do, you'll see elements of the scene coming into view:

If you leave some of the scene outside the prop, those parts will render very differently than the rest of the scene, so best to enclose all. You can change the color and density of the prop separately, but  I found they are not entirely independent - darker colors seem to render denser than lighter colors. If I left the prop at 100% scale, the church in the background was entirely hidden from view. I tried different scales until I found one that would be similar to the 3DL render (800%). I also found that I had to increase the light proportionally, otherwise the scene gets darker as the prop gets bigger. So I bumped the lights up 8x over the default. I did two renders, one at one hour  and one at 3 hours (shown). The longer render was a little less grainy but still has more grain than I like. I may get better result once I have more experience using this camera/prop system.

Overall, for this set, I would stick with 3DL. It renders fast right out of the box and has a nice transition in textures from the foreground to the church, with some details still visible in the church. 

Ridge Walk Salem Church 3DL.jpg
    640 x 800 - 306K
    Ridge Walk Salem Church Iray 3hrs.jpg
    640 x 800 - 315K
    AtmoCam View.jpg
    737 x 750 - 64K
    AtmoCam View 2.jpg
    737 x 750 - 161K
    Post edited by RGcincy on

I like Ayako's eyebrows!

Thanks for the tips Rich- that looks good with the fogginess.

did anyone notice that the freebie from daz was the stephanie 6 pro bundle?  I didn't have stephanie 6 so I snatched it up as soon as I saw it in case it was a mistake lol

RGcincy said:

Very nice renders jakiblue! I especially like your Ayako one.

I finally had a chance to do some renders yesterday. Our oldest daughter was celebrating her 10th anniversary in Florida so we were watching our 2, 5 and 7 year old grandchildren for four days. Whew! Lots of fun but I can see why you want to have children when you're young.

The products I used for these renders are older ones that I bought recently and first time I've given them a try. The scene is a kitbash of FirstBastion's Ridge Walk Mountains and Ansiko's Salem Church and Cemetery. The first render is 3DL using the skydome, lights, and fog camera from FirstBastion's set. I always like his sets as they give you a complete environment with good detail and in 3DL are fast rendering.

The second render is Iray. I wanted to see how easy or hard it would be to recreate the foggy scene.  I used the camera and lights from AtmoCam for Iray and changed color and density to try to get a similar scene. It took a while to find the fog prop - it's attached to the camera, you have to use Hidden Line DrawStyle to see it, but since it covers the entire scene, you don't really see it unless you move it. Once you do, you'll see elements of the scene coming into view:

If you leave some of the scene outside the prop, those parts will render very differently than the rest of the scene, so best to enclose all. You can change the color and density of the prop separately, but  I found they are not entirely independent - darker colors seem to render denser than lighter colors. If I left the prop at 100% scale, the church in the background was entirely hidden from view. I tried different scales until I found one that would be similar to the 3DL render (800%). I also found that I had to increase the light proportionally, otherwise the scene gets darker as the prop gets bigger. So I bumped the lights up 8x over the default. I did two renders, one at one hour  and one at 3 hours (shown). The longer render was a little less grainy but still has more grain than I like. I may get better result once I have more experience using this camera/prop system.

Overall, for this set, I would stick with 3DL. It renders fast right out of the box and has a nice transition in textures from the foreground to the church, with some details still visible in the church. 

Love all of his stuff. This looks great!

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617

I saw that and snatched as well...and for the same reason!

Except...wasn't it the starter bundle?

Wait!  I just went and looked.  It was the Stephanie 5 Starter bundle I got

Did I miss an earlier freebie?

Maybe it was the starter bundle but I swear it said pro.  I was totally shocked.  It is stephanie 5 my apologies I was just looking at 6 so typed the wrong one.  Let me go see how many items were in that bundle..

Yes that's right 6 items. Must be the starter bundle. I swear it said pro when I put it in my cart though. (I know I'm probably just crazy but I'm sticking to it)

• dHandledHandle Posts: 617
    edited May 2016

Here is my new Stephanie 5, rendered using Iray, (which I am very average with...)

I think she's a doll!  The dress came in the starter bundle.

Not exactly a new product, but new to me!  I just picked it up today!

Stephanie_01.jpg
    900 x 506 - 292K
    Post edited by dHandle on
    edited May 2016

I have one cooking too!  She looks great! I love how you used the scattering of leaves to pick up the colors of the dress...

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited May 2016

I think she converts very well to Iray...

Contemplation Stephanie 5 Iray.png
    633 x 1024 - 992K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on

That looks really good! 

RGcincy said:

That looks really good! 

Thank you!  I didn't convert the eyes as I don't have a handle on those setting very well yet.  And I think a lot of it has to do with Colm's lighting set ups lol but I am very pleased..

This discussion has been closed.