A New Hope

Comments

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Bloody Hell, I was in the middle of buying something, in fact right at the end since I've just paid for it, and I've got that damned "There has been an error processing your request".

Have Daz paid their broadband bill?

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Bloody Hell, I was in the middle of buying something, in fact right at the end since I've just paid for it, and I've got that damned "There has been an error processing your request".

Have Daz paid their broadband bill?

bills are a thrill
    until you have to pay
    pay and pay and pay
    then its not a thrill
    so take a pill

how many pancake does it take to cover a doghouse
    because theres no bones in ice cream

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

My brain already went to bed.

Rain, rain don't go away
    Campout is cancelled.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Poor little Barry surely forgot Harry
    the one who's both friendly and a bit scary
    we all know him well and are happy when we see him
    I'm sure it was a blumblumshub by Barry.

Lulz. I'm not scary! Well not much anyway. I just live in my own little world sometimes. Hmmm...I can read minds though! ;)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Rain, rain don't go away
    Campout is cancelled.

where is Red Ryder

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

my neighbours doof doof music is annoying the crap out of me.
    I cannot hear any actual music, just the deep woofer vibration from the bass.
    has long thumps then launches into concrete mixer like churns and hydrallic crushed marble path whacker like spasms.
    listening to roadworks would be more soothing.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

I would be forced to go kill those people today. I have enough thump thump thump in my head right now as it is, most of my thrice weekly fold, spindle and mutilate sessions leave me with the thumpy head.

EDIT: I just got permission from 3-D-C to release my Easy DS Set-Up files for their Dungon Creator Pro and Subway sets. I know what I'll be doing this weekend. I need some Cool Icons and a Tutorial File for both sets. More Free items from Jade.

Yea, I know, not many will need them but still, it's fun to make and give a way stuff.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    AtticAnne said:

Rain, rain don't go away
    Campout is cancelled.

where is Red Ryder

Probably in the attic or the garage. Both are black holes.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

My first render out of Poser 8, and first render done on new pooter.

Piper_(art_collab)_new_pooter.png
    612 x 624 - 236K
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    My first render out of Poser 8, and first render done on new pooter.
    Me like! Nice one Pam. Glad to see you getting to the using stage.
  • VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Kupo!

That's all.

edited December 1969

I like it, Pam. How do you like your new setup so far?

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    I like it, Pam. How do you like your new setup so far?

I guess I can live with it. I do wish I had realised that if I had oredered Win 7 pro, instead of home I could have had an XP simulater on the PC, which would have solved lots of problems I have had with installing my older programs. I had to upgrade my Poser, but was lucky to find a genuine copy of Poser 8 on Ebay, but I could have spent that money on the OS instead, and then not need to upgrade. Bah humbug.

Still I will get used to it Still prefer XP so far really, but I had used that for over 6 years and have only had Win 7 for a few days. THe system itself is great, it flies.
    edited December 1969

I had a devil of a time getting used to Win7. I got XP when it came out, never tried Vista even though it came on this laptop. I just didn't bother opening the laptop until Win7 arrived. I still have problems sometimes and try to use something from XP that isn't on here. I don't think I will ever take XP off of my PC. At the same time I jumped from Paint Shop Pro 9 to X2. Still haven't figured that one out and I think Corel is up to XV now.

edited December 1969

I love Windows 7 but it did take some getting used to from XP. But then, I loved XP too.

And now I've got a render baking, but I'm not sure it's going to work. I'm trying to achieve a "dark angel" kind of character, but the bloody wings don't want to work at all with Genesis. I have other wings, but these seemed to fit the theme best and I've no idea why they aren't working. I'm hoping that the weird artifacts I'm getting will bugger off in the actual render, but I doubt it.

edited December 1969

@Pam: How do you like Poser 8? I like it a lot but still prefer DS even though I don't know why. And of course I'm a bit grumpy about paying for Poser and preferring DS!

And I am NOT getting into a fight about which is better, partly because that's pathetic and childish but mostly because it's all down to personal choice and nobody will change anyone's mind by arguing. Just thought I'd say, before any trolls appeared.

edited December 1969

So far I quite like P8, although I am bit miffed because Shader Spider won't work in it, and I use Shader Spider a lot .Apart from that I guess I can live with it. Mostly I only use Poser for setting things up, then they go into Bryce. If it's stuff for my site, then I set up the mat poses in Poser, and do the promo renders in Poser.

Not sure how I am going to do my mat poses without Shader Spider.

edited December 1969

I don't actually know what Shader Spider is. Sounds like a bug that hangs around in dark corners. Creeeeepy!

I has a new picture! Originally it conformed to the rule of thirds, and then I must have moved the camera and it didn't any more! Still, I like it.

ProjectAngel.png
    1365 x 1024 - 2M
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I don't actually know what Shader Spider is. Sounds like a bug that hangs around in dark corners. Creeeeepy!

It's one of those extra plugins you need to buy to make Poser able to do what DAZ Studio has built-in :devil:

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Boy, today has been one of those days when all I want to do is think and imagine.

edited December 1969

I think I sprayed a shader spider with insecticide behind my computer desk last night.
    Poser7 runs ok on Win7 home premium.
    I use the compatibilty wizard on some programs under rightclick troubleshoot compatibility
    but have a few I cannot use inc Sonic the hedgehog!!

edited December 1969

I has a new picture! Originally it conformed to the rule of thirds, and then I must have moved the camera and it didn't any more! Still, I like it.

I like it Barry. Keep it up bro.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

I like it Barry. Keep it up bro.
    Thanks Jeff.

So... Now... I'm kind of used to lighting (in a newbie sort of way), and I can position things, and come up with a half-decent render using a subject and a background.

Next step from an actual art point of view... Attention to detail! My art has mostly been an experiment in posing, lighting, etc until now, and I'm improving enough at that to make me want to get better at putting more in my scenes, in a logical and artful way.

Expect another piece soon.

edited December 1969

How are we all today?

I've spent a good day with a friend today and am ready for a good night. Got to pick my stepdaughter up later, but other than that I'm up for some relaxation and possibly playing with DS. Won't be working on any modelling or anything tonight, feeling the need to stick with what I know tonight.

Not sure what theme to use, I seem to be on a downward spiral with my BlumBlumShub character render. Maybe I should just put that on hold.

Got a fair bit of stuff to look through from the PA sale, so I'm looking forward to that.

One thing I do have to do is uninstall some stuff that I got a refund for, because I totally forgot to do that. I can remember it all though so it won't be a problem.

What are you guys up to?

edited December 1969

My normal Tuesday stuff. Did clinic so not feeling 100% but that's normal as well. I'm gonna make a new Freebie set into Smart Props and that's all I have planed for today.

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Just spending the day at work - fun fun fun! ;) Trying to figure out a texturing issue on a model I'm using, but can't try a new suggestion until I get home. Lots of questions about DAZ, brand new to the program and 3D modeling in general, but those will have to wait a bit. Playing with Filter Forge, cranking out textures for later use.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    My normal Tuesday stuff. Did clinic so not feeling 100% but that's normal as well. I'm gonna make a new Freebie set into Smart Props and that's all I have planed for today.

That's pretty productive. I might pick your brains about making smart props at some point.

Oh, that reminds me... well... something reminds me, probably just seeing you here actually... You play Spore don't you? Do you have the online stuff active? I got a copy over the weekend and am probably going to start it soonly.

edited December 1969

Me I am toddling around the forums, as usual, looking for fires to put out.

Twiddling my fingers waiting for the nod that the download problem is fixed, so I can have another go at downloading the long list of stuff I purchased and didn't bother to Download till I had the new PC up and running.

Keeping an eye on the PC sale, first members choice thread is up.

Apart from that not doing a lot.

edited December 1969

I better put that matchbox away then :snake:

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

That's pretty productive. I might pick your brains about making smart props at some point.

Oh, that reminds me... well... something reminds me, probably just seeing you here actually... You play Spore don't you? Do you have the online stuff active? I got a copy over the weekend and am probably going to start it soonly.I have it all installed, I've never done the on-line but I'm not adverse to it. Let me know when you want to try it. You got my E-mail right?