Released - Content Package Assist (Commercial)

Comments

• MBusch said:
    2) I would like to add uncompressed files and folders directly to the files tab even they are not inside a zip archive, I mean, drag and drop directly from Windows Explorer. Currently this is just possible if I adding the file or folder to an existing dropped zip archive.

That is already possible.

Switch to the Files tab, and make sure that Content in the left window is selected (highligted). Browse to the folder(s) in Window Explorer you want added, select and drag\drop onto the window on the right. Make sure that you hold the Ctrl key down as you drag and drop if you want to keep the selected folder(s), otherwise you'll be moving them to the Build directory. Switch back to the Details tab and enter the details as required.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914
    edited April 2016

I had a priority buy list already, then this product showed up and flushed that list down the toilet.

This was an immeadiate buy as I had been fighting to try and do something similar on my own but couldn't get it to work and now I don't have to, Thank you!

One idea that I just had that I can do with this product. I can gather all my figure products, combine them all together into a single DIM install named "Figures". Then I can gather all my Male clothing and lump it all together in a Single DIM install named "Male Clothing", etc.

Then in my content tab under products I'd have categories like "Poses", "Props", "Buidlings", etc. in a nice easy categorized fashion :) This could be fun

One suggestion though, if there were a way to create folders to the zip archive while re-organizing and renaming stuff in the CPA that would be great

Post edited by kaotkbliss on
  • pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506

Then in my content tab under products I'd have categories like "Poses", "Props", "Buidlings", etc. in a nice easy categorized fashion :) This could be fun

?

Do you have that?

All I have it the Alphabet,  and finding my way to the items I installed with this tool.

I don't have that yet, but by making a single DIM installer for all my figures and naming it "Figures", that will create a new entry under "F" named "Figures" and when I open that, it will have a complete list of all my figures.

Of course I'd first go through and uninstall everything so I didn't also have individual entries for everything on top of my categories.

Ooh... sooooo

If I have like  poses / people / buidings / props  etc...   

and I call my package  perry.   

Everything will show under P --> Perry  ??

If that's the case,  then it's making my life a LOT easier..

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited April 2016
    MBusch said:
    2) I would like to add uncompressed files and folders directly to the files tab even they are not inside a zip archive, I mean, drag and drop directly from Windows Explorer. Currently this is just possible if I adding the file or folder to an existing dropped zip archive.

That is already possible.

Switch to the Files tab, and make sure that Content in the left window is selected (highligted). Browse to the folder(s) in Window Explorer you want added, select and drag\drop onto the window on the right. Make sure that you hold the Ctrl key down as you drag and drop if you want to keep the selected folder(s), otherwise you'll be moving them to the Build directory. Switch back to the Details tab and enter the details as required.

Yes, you are right. I using Parallels Desktop to run Windows inside OS X and for all effects drag and drop files and folders beetween a Finder Windows and a Windows Explorer Windows works flawless. In CPA it just works if I have a zip archive dropped in the files tab. If nothing are there the drag and drop from Finder does not work. Anyway, it works when dragging from the Windows Explorer as you said. Just saying it for someone who can be experimenting the same issue.

Thanks for your fast answer.

Post edited by MBusch on
  • ChatjdChatjd Posts: 152
    edited April 2016

Question:  Probably missed this though went through the readme multiple times.  How do I prevent the *.dsf files in the data folder from showing up as items in the metadata/product entry?

DIM.png
    679 x 576 - 288K
    Post edited by Chatjd on
  • VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576

Ah, so the package you are trying to install fails. That usually happens when either filenames or folders include illegal characters. The ? won't work as they are linked to the actual product page, and since this is a custom package, there is no product page. If you can tell me what the product is and where it is from, I can try and get hold of it to look.

Aha! so am I correct in thinknig the ampersand is an illgeal character for the folder names? The 2 I have failing include that. One is Danie&Maforno and the other is fire&ice

Yes, I had a couple packages from other sites fail to install and I was going to come here and ask about it, saw the illegal character post. So I dug through the files in the packages and the the only additional character beyond alpha/numeric and spaces was an &

When I removed it and recreated the packages that failed, DIM installed them just fine.

• We are looking to see if we can get around the & character.

Seems like it downloaded an update for it,   but still the same version number?   Did something change?

• No update as yet.

odd,   must be something at their end then..    oh well

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

The updates on April 19th and 20th were just correcting the DIM tags, no change to the actual product.

ah ok..   Thank you  :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Well got a handle on how to use your brilliant program.  My upcoming pose pack for Dawn from Hivewire is now fully ready to be used in DIM.  I'm totally stoked.  I still can't get an image to appear in the Smart Content when I created my Smart Content info and yea the image is the same name as the Smart Content stuff but got it all done finally.  Thanks for a very useful tool! 

• RAMWolff said:

Well got a handle on how to use your brilliant program.  My upcoming pose pack for Dawn from Hivewire is now fully ready to be used in DIM.  I'm totally stoked.  I still can't get an image to appear in the Smart Content when I created my Smart Content info and yea the image is the same name as the Smart Content stuff but got it all done finally.  Thanks for a very useful tool! 

The image solution may be available very soon, pending last minute tests and checks.

oooh....  you got me exited now :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146

Well the down side to my excitement is that Hivewire doesn't plan on supporting DIM at all so this will be for me I guess or I can create add on files I an offer as freebies to my customers but I'm not sure how I would do that!  Any suggestions?

• DareshiranuDareshiranu Posts: 177

I bought this when it came out, just now reinstalled Daz and all my myriad library. Yet it is not to be found. DIM seems not to list it and my Product Library has no download links of any sort, unlike pretty much everything else. What I'd like to know is how I get it, since I paid for it and all...

Screen.png
    3374 x 1340 - 331K
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

try this filter in DIM:

sku::30735

• I bought this when it came out, just now reinstalled Daz and all my myriad library. Yet it is not to be found. DIM seems not to list it and my Product Library has no download links of any sort, unlike pretty much everything else. What I'd like to know is how I get it, since I paid for it and all...

It looks like a web issue, I'll ask someone to look into it when they are in the office.

• Stryder87Stryder87 Posts: 899
    edited April 2016

The image solution may be available very soon, pending last minute tests and checks.

This has me all giddy with glee!!

Post edited by Stryder87 on
  • DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420

Can you check to see if you have any of these filter's applied--

If the user has the Software Download Filter unchecked, the package will not be displayed in the list of available downloads.

If the user has the Windows 32-bit and Windows 64-bit Download Filters unchecked (i.e. because they are on a Mac), the package will not be displayed in the list of available downloads.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420

It shows up fine for Carl--

^BA8BCC8279F3A1C8C9FF4F23C63F29A23294E4A19E73912348^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png
    814 x 597 - 43K
  • VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576

The same thing happened for me when I purchased it the day of release. It actually didn't show up in my products or the DIm for 2 days. I didn't think to file a ticket for it as I recalled Richard? or Mike? mentioning the servers getting hammered in another thread.

• One will now be able to add a Product image in the upcoming update.

CPA Image 1.jpg
    1073 x 640 - 336K
    CPA Image 2.jpg
    700 x 853 - 155K

I think there are a bug here. When writing the supplement file with more than one compatibility tag, Content Package Assist is putting a space after the commas which cause DIM not read all the compatibility tags.

Try this:

1) Create a build with any content in Content Package Assist

2) In Compatibility Tags set all options for DAZ Studio and Poser

3) Build the package

4) Decompress the generated zip and open the Supplement file in a text editor

5) You will see something like this: 

•   <ProductTags VALUE="DAZStudioLegacy, DAZStudio4_5, PoserLegacy, Poser9"/>

where it should be

•   <ProductTags VALUE="DAZStudioLegacy,DAZStudio4_5,PoserLegacy,Poser9"/>

Can someone confirm this?

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,890

The spaces issue has been fixed for the update.

Can I ask for a feature? When reading a DIM package to update or modify, the application could read the supplement to keep previous Compatibility Tags.