A New Hope

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

chohole said:
    Hands up Cho is a pagan .... um .... no wait, what was it they used to call me....a b&##%@ Heathen, that's close isn't it.

Mind you, now that you mention it, you do remind me of a Terry Pratchett character who featured in many Discworld novels. Can you guess who? Lol. ;)

Well I do have a tribe of grandchildren and step grandchildren am I getting close ?

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:
    Hands up Cho is a pagan .... um .... no wait, what was it they used to call me....a b&##%@ Heathen, that's close isn't it.

Mind you, now that you mention it, you do remind me of a Terry Pratchett character who featured in many Discworld novels. Can you guess who? Lol. ;)

Well I do have a tribe of grandchildren and step grandchildren am I getting close ?

Haha! I knew it! Granny Weatherwax, it's you! Lol. ;)

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

Ah of course, I was wracking my brain for the name. I haven't read many Pratchet books, and it's been a long long time since I read the last one I read. Now you've got me wanting to get all the books again!

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:

Ah of course, I was wracking my brain for the name. I haven't read many Pratchet books, and it's been a long long time since I read the last one I read. Now you've got me wanting to get all the books again!

I actually have read very little Pratchett, although my son is a great fan. My avatar actually owes a lot to a freebie character morph done by TabbyCat some time ago, with a bit of extra dial spinning to change it just a little.
    http://www.sharecg.com/v/37051/gallery/11/Poser/Granny-Weatherwax-Morph-for-V4

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Co-winky-dink? I think not. It was all planned from the get go.

edited December 1969

Well, well, well, I just found myself as part of Spyro's Free prop team. I taught them how to convert a DS prop to a PP2 prop. He did very well and I looked at it and did some editing to help him out. I then made it a Smart Prop for V4 and he loved it. I'm going to Smart prop it for Genesis next and that should be it on this one.

You just never know what stuff you'll be doing next here at Daz 3D. I love this place.

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:
    chohole said:

I actually have read very little Pratchett, although my son is a great fan. My avatar actually owes a lot to a freebie character morph done by TabbyCat some time ago, with a bit of extra dial spinning to change it just a little.

Well yes, your avatar does look the part but I was not exactly referring to that. It was more the similar personalities that sprang to mind. Hehe...

@Jeff - Well done! It's good to see folks support the freebie community in such ways.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    chohole said:
    chohole said:

Well yes, your avatar does look the part but I was not exactly referring to that. It was more the similar personalities that sprang to mind. Hehe....

Hmmph I resemble that remark

edited December 1969

Uh oh. I smell a catch-up sale! Now I'm in trouble.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited September 2012

my android not letting me browse the store waaaaaa
    can get on forum ok

SC20120928-013443.png
    1024 x 600 - 53K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

I had a problem with the store too, it kept saying Magento had an error and had submitted a log report.

Must be pretty bloody primitive software if it still carves reports on logs.

edited December 1969

I had a problem with the store too, it kept saying Magento had an error and had submitted a log report.

Oh I thought it was the logs they was reporting, maybe they had caused a log jam which needed freeing up. Or maybe the quality of the logs delivered wasn't up to spec, so they was complaining cos their log fires weren't burning nicely and they was getting cold.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Oh I thought it was the logs they was reporting, maybe they had caused a log jam which needed freeing up. Or maybe the quality of the logs delivered wasn't up to spec, so they was complaining cos their log fires weren't burning nicely and they was getting cold.
    Now we're onto something. Magento is clearly powered by steam, and those logs weren't burning hot enough to create enough steam for the old engine to work, so they reported the logs to the supervisor, who is probably looking for whoever cut the logs in the first place.

Heads will roll for this one!

edited December 1969

yule logs?

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Yooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo...Anyone there? Is DAZ down? Nope, I'm posting okay.

Where are you and you and you?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    Yooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooo...Anyone there? Is DAZ down? Nope, I'm posting okay.

Where are you and you and you?

Myself and I are here, don't know where Me is.

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

Yu is in Hong Kong.

edited December 1969

the ewes are in the paddock waiting for the Ram to service them!

edited December 1969

I'm an Aries, that makes me a ram, where's them ewes?

Had an early night, then got up because I couldn't sleep. Pah, stupid sleep!

Now I'm up to face a Friday. Bring it!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Golf today

edited December 1969

bigh said:

Golf today
    Trip to town in the p*ssy rain for me by the look of it!

edited December 1969

Don't forget Friday is POETS day

edited December 1969

chohole said:

Well, I went to town and did everything I needed very quickly, and now am home and dry.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

Well, I went to town and did everything I needed very quickly, and now am home and dry.

Yup, that's the best way to deal with POETS day :coolsmirk:
    edited September 2012

thank God!
    I though it meant you had to write poetry and could not think of anything to rhyme with Daz other than spaz
    and as for Chohole, Blumblumshub and others, you just do not want to know!

yes, I did think of
    there is a lady called Pam
    who on a forum clubs spam

Jaderail is really a tough one to rhyme!
    can come up with lots for myself!

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited September 2012

There is an Oz lady called Wendy
    Who likes to make things all bendy
    And sometimes they're close
    to what the TOS doth oppose
    But it does make her work quite trendy

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

it is what trolls do %-P
    there are a more things that rhyme with catz btw!

I wanted to write something for Barry, still thinking.

edited December 1969

blooming should should should one tread on fire
    when getting Vicky all posed up in Maya
    while she well may have a sword handy
    with
    all that subsurface scattering on skin like candy
    translucent begging to be licked
    as light soaks in it oh so chic
    only a blade to skirt the TOS
    but one nip slip and there's bloodloss.

edited September 2012

Hmmm, let me see now,

Jaderail is a man of much talent,
    Whose current addict status he does warrant,
    For help and knowledge he supplies,
    No challenge to which he can't rise.

Wendy is queen of animation,
    Her YouTube vids cause much frustration,
    To people with no sense of humour,
    But she loves that, I heard a rumour.

Pam is goddess of all things Bryce,
    She weilds a club despite being nice,
    To beat the evil is her goal,
    Don't come near her if you're a troll.

Jacob's trying to learn Carrara,
    Experts helping to take him farther,
    Be fair with him, he'll be fair with you,
    But don't annoy him, he knows kung fu.

Bigh I don't know his real name,
    But he's welcome here all the same,
    I've seen his work, he knows his stuff,
    So listen to him well enough.

Anne is an artist who lived in an attic,
    She keeps getting better, her skills never static,
    She comes in here daily if just for a chat,
    Which makes me happy, we love her for that.

As for me, well I'm just a noob,
    Who started off with V4 showing some boob,
    I've many ideas, no doubt about that,
    But over a year and I'm still bloody crap!

Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
    edited December 1969

Poor little Barry surely forgot Harry
    the one who's both friendly and a bit scary
    we all know him well and are happy when we see him
    I'm sure it was a blumblumshub by Barry.