Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi Jeff, four days in and you decide to shoot for the stars. It's doable, it will take time but still very doable. Hint: Learn FAST! I do like the attitude. See ya in the Forums. I'm pretty sure of that.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2012

Yup, Hi and welcome, I do like people with a positive attitude. Do come and plague us....ummm sorry I mean visit us in the New Users Forum, it's always a good place to start, cos we don't mind answering questions there, and willingly share what we know, however much or little that might be.

Remember the only stupid question is the one you don't ask. There is no such thing as a stupid question, although there are sure to be some stupid answers.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • bartman23bartman23 Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Hi Everyone,

I started playing around with Daz for 4 months or so and I've been lurking around the forum for a while so I thought it is time to to say 'hi' :)

My name is Bart and I live in Amsterdam - the Netherlands.

Atm unemployed so lately a lot of time I can put in Daz - but it is hard to master.
    And addictive; Instead of looking for a job I'd rather dive into Daz and find all it's possibilities.
    Not to mention the PC items! All those goodies in there - I have to watch my wallet.

Still - leaves me to say 'Thank you' for all who are around these forums - your suggestions in all the discussed threads pointed me in directions I would never go...

I plan to particpate in the contest - instead of doing the same over and over I guess it is better to have a Goal.

Kind regards from Amsterdam!
    Bart

Post edited by bartman23 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Hello Bart, and welcome to the forums.

DAZ Studio is a great hobby, and very rewarding, have fun, and we'll see you on the forums.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums Bart

edited December 1969

Hello, come join the fun.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

@Jeff - I also like your optimism and enthusiasm. Look forward to seeing what you come up with. :-)

@Bart - Welcome to the DAZ forums and your latest addiction. ;-)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Oops, the Spam Troll didn't last long, I see. Nice shootin' Cowboy/Cowgirl as the case may be.
    :lol:

edited December 1969

It's now spam fritters. :coolsmirk:

• jerriecanjerriecan Posts: 470
    edited December 1969

Hi there! :)

James from the Great Plains here. A newcomer to DAZ, though I'm learning every day. Still confused by a lot of things, but I hope to become less so.

Looking forward to sharing my creations here. :)

• TyonnTyonn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello, my name is Bill. The thing that inspires me most about doing this is, 1 minute you're looking at a blank canvas, and a few hours later its a piece of art. I just recently joined the Daz world (last week). I used to play around with photoshop a few years ago but nothing else. So far from what I've done in Hexagon and Bryce i've found that passion again.

Now for the off topic question. Is there any way to change my forum user name? I didn't know it was going to use my email addy as my user name lol.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Now for the off topic question. Is there any way to change my forum user name? I didn't know it was going to use my email addy as my user name lol.

Send a PM to Richard Haseltine with your email address and the username you want (with a few alternates in case it's taken).

• TyonnTyonn Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Send a PM to Richard Haseltine with your email address and the username you want (with a few alternates in case it's taken).

Cool. Thank you for the reply.

edited December 1969

And don't forget, although The username that you use in the forum will be changed, when you login to the site, the username to use is always your email address, and same with the store, That is not displayed in the forum

• cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited December 1969

Well, I'm a little late with an introduction post - Joined when I bought Bryce 6 (when it first came out), but my life was diverted for awhile and I never really got into ver. 6, and haven't hung out here till now...

My name's Carl, but everyone calls me Joe. I live in the state of Texas (more like a state of mind than a location). I started using Bryce when it was at ver. 2, and was a Bryce-freak for years, tried 3DS Max when I had access to it (too expensive for me), took a class in Lightwave once (again, too expensive), even tried Maya (WAY too expensive!). Tried Blender for awhile and really liked that, but always came back to Bryce.

I made a little money about 10 years ago doing, among other freelance things, graphic design/modeling online on freelance sites like RentACoder.com. Used Bryce to build 3D images/objects like trophies, banners, etc. using the Bryce primitives mainly. Other than that my career has been mainly in IT, so 3D art has mostly been a hobby for me, and it's been a while since I've had the time to get into it.

But I grabbed the free Bryce/DS/Hexagon deal, and I got the bug again and lots of time to spend. Hoping to take my Bryce art to the next level with Hex and DS :)

So I guess I'll be pestering y'all for awhile - glad to be here!

• cjreynoldscjreynolds Posts: 155
    edited September 2012

Oh, and one stupid question while I'm at it (I know, there are no stupid questions - but there are plenty of inquisitive idiots - like me!).

How do I modify my profile (Bio, picture, etc.)?

EDIT: Sorry - found it!

Post edited by cjreynolds on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Oh, and one stupid question while I'm at it (I know, there are no stupid questions - but there are plenty of inquisitive idiots - like me!).

How do I modify my profile (Bio, picture, etc.)?

EDIT: Sorry - found it!

Click the "Your Control Panel" link on the top right.

• hakatrehakatre Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone, newbie here. In fact, I'm so new I haven't started any projects yet. Looking forward to getting started with DS!

-HakatRe

edited December 1969

Welcome, join the madness at your on risk. It's a very quick decent into madness.

• u1bd2005_2u1bd2005_2 Posts: 5
    edited December 1969

Heya guys, I'm Domino, well Daniel actually, but prefer the name Domino, suits me more in my own mind.

Not because I fall down, But rather all the ladies seem to think they can play me *rolls eyes* also I'm random and you never know which me ur gonna get, they're all fun and easy going though so yeh :)

Ok, so the real reason I prefer Domino is because one of my favourite ever movies is called Domino, It's based on a real life bounty hunter who was called Domino Harvey, but I love the name and want it as my own.

Ok, so to the point, why am I here? well, always loved the 3d stuff I used to see people designing and wished to get involved, tried few times in the past and it always overwhelmed me at the time, but now I have a little free time I decided I'd join up and see what I can pick up here, sure if I hang out on the forum too I should pick some stuff up.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

hakatre said:
    Hi everyone, newbie here. In fact, I'm so new I haven't started any projects yet. Looking forward to getting started with DS!

-HakatRe

Welcome to our dazzy world. I've got about a year's worth of unfinished projects laying around. I start, get sidetracked by R/L, hit a brick wall, see something else in the store, and repeat. Want some of my unfinished masterpieces?

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Hi, Daniel Domino. The Newcomers forum is a good place to start. I browse around in many threads, always someone to meet or something to learn.

edited December 1969

Heya guys, I'm Domino, well Daniel actually, but prefer the name Domino, suits me more in my own mind.

Not because I fall down, But rather all the ladies seem to think they can play me *rolls eyes* also I'm random and you never know which me ur gonna get, they're all fun and easy going though so yeh :)

Ok, so the real reason I prefer Domino is because one of my favourite ever movies is called Domino, It's based on a real life bounty hunter who was called Domino Harvey, but I love the name and want it as my own.

Ok, so to the point, why am I here? well, always loved the 3d stuff I used to see people designing and wished to get involved, tried few times in the past and it always overwhelmed me at the time, but now I have a little free time I decided I'd join up and see what I can pick up here, sure if I hang out on the forum too I should pick some stuff up.

Welcome to the forums. Be sure to come and join us in the New Users Start Here forums to get all your questions answered by the awesome bunch of volunteers we have.

• mastbuildmastbuild Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hey everyone,

My name is Mast, and I have been using Daz for about 2 years. My life's passion is in architecture and remodeling kitchens, bathrooms and basements. I am just a hobbyist artist and create objects and characters with Daz when I have spare time. It relaxes me. I am new to the forum so just wanted to drop in and say hello to you all. Thanks for having me!

edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ Forums Mast. Always good to meet another DAZ Studio addict. :-)

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited October 2012

A big "hi" to the community :cheese: I'm Jaime from the Philippines.

I've had Daz for a bit and am finally diving in :lol:

Finished a render for my avatar and it would've sucked without decent lighting :P I had previously tried several methods but for now ForbiddenWhispers DIY Portrait Lights suits me fine. A big shout out and thanks to her :cheese: It took me back to the days when I worked as a cameraman :lol:

Hope it's ok to share the render :red:

Emotiguy_cropped.jpg
    911 x 905 - 570K
    Post edited by 3dLux on
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the DAZ forums Jaime. I like your emoticon guy render, and he makes a great avatar. :-)

edited December 1969

A big "hi" to the community :cheese: I'm Jaime from the Philippines.

I've had Daz for a bit and am finally diving in :lol:

Finished a render for my avatar and it would've sucked without decent lighting :P I had previously tried several methods but for now ForbiddenWhispers DIY Portrait Lights suits me fine. A big shout out and thanks to her :cheese: It took me back to the days when I worked as a cameraman :lol:

Hope it's ok to share the render :red:

Welcome to the forums Jamie. Be sure to check out the New Users forums and ask any question you may have.

• 3dLux3dLux Posts: 1,225
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much, Miss B and Frank :cheese:

I'll do that :)

• jaina.clan.solojaina.clan.solo Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

hello all, I just downloaded DAZ today... and I am extremely new to the world of digital art (unless you count some basic graphic arts classes back in high school... using photoshop... eight or nine years ago)

I'm looking forward to playing around with the software and learning what I can do with it. (I hope I don't get too frustrated with it, it seems like there is a ton to learn.