Introduce Yourself, Hello, my name is.....

Comments

• johngoldsworthy1johngoldsworthy1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hello fellow digital artists and obsessive nutters ,

this is my first time using daz and all the funky bits that go with it so bear with me i may ask some pretty daft questions ,
    im not much of a computer geek and thought this would help my puter skills and along the way i may just
    produce some awesome art works a long the way

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Welcome to the forums. If you have any questions be sure to join us in the New User Start Here forum.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hello and welcome.

Do come and join us in the New Users Help FOrum, where we take great pleasure in answering all sorts of questions, whether you think them daft or not.

Always remember the daftest question is the one that isn't asked.

THere are no stupid questions, but you do sometmes get some stupid answers ;-)

• zanaira.jameszanaira.james Posts: 0
    edited June 2012

Greetings! As far as you know, my name is Zanaira James.
    DARNIT I SHOULD'VE GONE WITH JONES!! WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT BEFORE?! D:
    Anyhoo, I'm just saying hi. *waves at you*

P.S. Noooo!! I can't center my text!! Why is the world so cruel?!?! D:
    XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Post edited by zanaira.james on
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I know, it is not friendly is it. I like to make my contest header threads all Pretty, and can't do it at the moment on this site.

hopefully at some stage they will find a way of allowing that sort of formatting.

edited June 2012

D:

Do you think it's because of the type of forum you're using? Or did someone build it themselves?

If they built it themselves then I have to say that whomever did so is awesome for understanding anything past the basic HTML lol! XD

Now if only I could understand more in HTML than changing text colours, fonts, and whether or not it's in bold or italics or underlined lol. XD

edited December 1969

Ah, can tell you are a new kid on the block, so to speak.

We have just moved from a custom built store and forum which was falling to bits and held together with string and duct tape, to a purpose built one, so what we are having here are teething problems,

edited June 2012

OH! I see. :)

And yes, lol, I'm very new. I heard about DAZ from Dad; I don't remember if he said he heard about it form someone else or from an emailing list...

I'm sorry to hear your former website broke down :(

edited December 1969

Well It didn't actually break down, it was just fraying at the edges. It was taking so much effort for the web guys to keep it patched up and functioning that they decided to go for an "out the box" solution, before it did crash on them.

edited December 1969

Oops sorry!! I ended up losing myself in focusing on using Daz... D:

And, well, at least it wasn't completely bad then, right? ^^

• hector_himeroshector_himeros Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hi, everyone. Call me Himeros (my pen name). I just downloaded DAZ3D today. I'm quite good in using Photoshop (I manipulate photos) but am a total newbie in 3D. The reason why I want to try 3D is because photomanipulation is too difficult - regarding copyright an usage rules. Each stock photo owners has different rules and if one stock provider doesn't like what I do with her/his stock, she/he can veto me so to speak, even if other stock providers give consent. Things get more complicated if I want to take my art to commercial level. Money is needed, plus it's hard to find models and poses that I like. Too much hassle! So that's why I turn to 3D. A friend in Deviant Art suggested DAZ3D, so here I am :)

My DA page is http://hectorhimeros.deviantart.com/ So if you guys want to say hello there, don't be shy. I hope in near future, I can populate my DA page with my own 3D arts (if I ever master DAZ3D).

edited June 2012

Hello and welcome to the Daz3D Forums.

I hope you have fun using your newly "bought" Daz Studio. We do have a nice New Users Help Forum, where you can pop in and ask any questions that you need to ask about using Daz Studio, and other apps as well.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Welcome and I have added some links to your help thread. I hope they help.

• chrisschellchrisschell Posts: 267
    edited June 2012

Hello all! :)

Been around here for about 5 years though I didn't start actively posting much here till a couple years back... ok well about 3 or 4 years ago when I started giving away freebies anyways.

I've seen alot of names in this thread that I recognise and some of you I've talked to through various threads of mine or others. But, since we're starting fresh here goes...

I got into 3d art about 5 years ago with Daz 1.5 through a friend of mine. Before that I had many jobs and an education in Graphic Design and Fine Arts, that I used to work freelance in my spare time. I'm a retired Security Officer and K-9 Officer, and also an amature historian. I use my spare time to scratch build large scale models for museum display, and have a number of such models on display and loan at the Canadian Military Heritage Museum (I also used to work there, and spent 3 years with them conduction tours and vehicle/weapons idenitification).

About 4 years ago I created my first 3d model in Hexagon and Daz using primitives and soon started learning the serious work of 3d modeling and rendering. Now I have a popular series of free items on ShareCG and also my own website and store. Never in my life thought I'd be working on computer modeling... when I started my education in Graphic Design it was all still done in pencil and brush on a drafting table... lol

Post edited by chrisschell on
  • KludgeKludge Posts: 354
    edited December 1969

Hello. I'm Kludge and I'm an escapee from the Home for the Terminally Weird. Honest, I am. Ask cho. She'll tell you.

My entry into 3D art was a couple years ago as a means of creating a universe for my daughter and me to be together until we can be IRL. She's my universe and ... well, you'll learn more over time if you care to. I'm still working my way up to raw beginner but I hope to achieve that lofty goal someday. I have DS2.3, 3A and 4P installed plus have Bryce 7P here but not loaded. DS3A and 4P were loaded to be the workhorses and I think 2.3 was loaded because I was on a roll. For the moment, 4P is being used to learn how to abuse ... er, work with Genesis including with the Gen3 and Gen4 whatzits that work with GenX. At the same time, I have all the dynamic fabric goodies loaded into DS3A so I can experiment with it there.

Let's see, I'm a disabled vet (100%, service connected, more or less ambulatory) interested in a lot of things - science fiction (reading, TV and movies), machining, machines in general, electronics, photography, writing and a few other things, some best not mentioned in polite company. Errr ... ummm ... this is polite company, right? My hands shake pretty badly due to progressive neurological damage so I'm building machines - some kind of like Waldos but not quite - to do what I used to do by hand. Eventually this will include mousing around to do 3D art but I'm not quite to that point yet.

I tend to pop in and out of threads kind of randomly which has been known to irritate a few people now and then. Blame it on psychotropic meds and the reasons for them. They're as good reasons as any since a partial result of them is having the attention span of a gnat and I forget where I was and/or what I was doing. Scary, huh.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it ... unless I get a better offer.

edited December 1969

Hi Kludge, great to see you around.

THere are a couple of threads around that you might like to invad.....hmm......visit and join in the fun

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/133/

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/342/

They wander all over the place but are generally great fun.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hey it's Kludge! Great to see you again, I loved reading your posts in the old Forums. Fun times a head.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Hi Kludge, great to see you around.

Hi, cho! It has been a while, hasn't it. :)

THere are a couple of threads around that you might like to invad.....hmm......visit and join in the fun

Invade would probably be more likely. You know my tactics. Or lack of tact. Or something.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/133/

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/342/

Noted and ... well, noted. They are no longer safe. Bwaaahahaha

They wander all over the place but are generally great fun.

Sooo ... basically to be on topic, one has to be off topic. This works. Oh most definitely it works.

I see Lonnie has the July freebie contest. I wonder how much I can disrupt it as well ... *innocent smile*

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Hey it's Kludge!

It is? Darn, I thought he got banned. Er, wait. That's me, isn't it. :)

Great to see you again, I loved reading your posts in the old Forums. Fun times a head.

Oh, yes. Fun. Insanity abounding. But that's kind of how I roll, turning brains to much ... kinda like Hulu. :-)

edited July 2012

Ah yes, that sounds like the Kludge we came to know and love. You could possibly even join in the "It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!" thread
    If you don't mind coming back to the New Users Forum

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Ah yes, that sounds like the Kludge we came to know and love. You could possibly even join in the "It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!" thread

I found it and, of course, just had to post. Oh, yes, I did. One of my more wandering around the halls of madness posts - ie, typical Kludge.

For some reason my PC membership is no more which is weird since I was 2 months ahead on payments. Oh, well. Email has gone to sales so I'll find out eventually.

I need more brains to destroy ... Bwaaahahaha

• edited December 1969

Come on in and tell us about yourself!

Who are you? What inspires your artistic aspirations? Is Meatloaf your favorite food or favorite musician? What makes you the unique and lovable individual you are?

So drop on by, pull up a chair, and fill us in. We'd be very pleased to meet you!

My name is Greg. I'm somewhat known in the forums as maxxxmodelz. 40 yrs old (and I feel old now), and been using Poser, but more recently D|S since 1996. I'm a graphics artist, and hold my livelihood to that. My work has been featured in film, broadcast, and print. Most recently, I have collaborated as a freelance artist with several studios around the world, including USA, New Zealand, and S.Africa. I have worked as an assistant VFX Technical Director for two larger studios in Los Angeles, and a small FX firm in London, and have assisted in some local studios as a matte artist and technical director in some local CG start-up companies locally. i do some rudimentary figure modelling, but my specialization is in animation and VFX..

edited December 1969

Kludge said:
    chohole said:

I found it and, of course, just had to post. Oh, yes, I did. One of my more wandering around the halls of madness posts - ie, typical Kludge.

For some reason my PC membership is no more which is weird since I was 2 months ahead on payments. Oh, well. Email has gone to sales so I'll find out eventually.

I do hope you mean a support ticket, rather than an email.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kludge said:

I do hope you mean a support ticket, rather than an email.

Well, yeah. One of them. But that's kind of an email ... isn't it? :-)

edited December 1969

My name is Greg. I'm somewhat known in the forums as maxxxmodelz. 40 yrs old (and I feel old now), and been using Poser, but more recently D|S since 1996. I'm a graphics artist, and hold my livelihood to that. My work has been featured in film, broadcast, and print. Most recently, I have collaborated as a freelance artist with several studios around the world, including USA, New Zealand, and S.Africa. I have worked as an assistant VFX Technical Director for two larger studios in Los Angeles, and a small FX firm in London, and have assisted in some local studios as a matte artist and technical director in some local CG start-up companies locally. i do some rudimentary figure modelling, but my specialization is in animation and VFX..

Hello, Greg, and welcome to Madness, Inc. Some people call it the DAZ Forums however the primary feature here is a total lack of regard for sanity and/or mental stability. Some here are professionals, some hobbyists and some - like me - just rattle around aimlessly with no particular talent aside from having no particular talent. (Actually, I'm pretty good at being totally untalented. It takes talent to be that good.)

Sooo ... anyway, grab a straight jacket and enjoy the show.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

Hello Greg welcome to the forums.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Hello Greg welcome to the forums.

That's it? Just "welcome to the forums"? Frank, Frank, Frank, ya need to put some pizazz into it. Some fun. Some of the enhanced insanity with which all artists are imbued. Like reminding gnu-bees that we only take hostages on alternate Thursdays but not after a new moon. Or is it a full moon. I forget. (Cho, which is it? My mind has gone into slippage mode again.)

Aside: Please take with the usual grain of salt. Off the wall and sometimes outrageous humor is one of my trademarks (Being a verbose cuss is another.) and I tend to use it a lot. My sense of humor is one of the all too few tools available to keep me out of psych lockdown, a place I've been way too many times already.

• aljusfjuealjusfjue Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Hello , i am new here, would love to join this community, nice to know all.

edited December 1969

Hello and welcome. Do pop over and join in "The New Users Help Forum. We like to meet and greet new members, and are happy to help with any problems you may encounter.

edited December 1969

aljusfjue said:
    Hello , i am new here, would love to join this community, nice to know all.

Oooh, lookie. Another vict ... er, member. Welcome to Madness, Inc, aljusfjue, where sanity is a definite detriment. In fact, I think I remember one of the admins mentioning sanity being a bannable offense if done too often. Or something. I don't remember exactly. He - I think it was a he anyway - was muttering about that and other stuff along with kind of whimpering "Why me? Why me?" a lot.

The attendants will be around to ignore you later while someone, probably another inmate, fits you with our special jackets in your favorite paisley print. They all come in paisley now. Apparently it's the fashion these days. They've also done away with the leather straps. Instead, they're a really cool carbon fiber that's much lighter and more comfy and the bottom strap is nicely padded now. No more chaffing. That was always an ouchie with the old ones.

Seriously, there are good people here always willing to help out when they can. In the mix are professionals, amateurs & hobbyists and a few like me who still are studying to get up to the level of having no talent at all. (OTOH, I do know a little about art from studying it both formally and informally back when pet dinosaurs were all the rage.)