Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Renomista said:

Just wanted to start to make jokes about , what interesting stuff you have whe i have seen that i have this little guy myself ;-)

Must've been a great sale lol! 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806
    edited April 2016
    Renomista said:
    Novica said:

Say hello to Alien Module. 

Just wanted to start to make jokes about , what interesting stuff you have whe i have seen that i have this little guy myself ;-)

I have it too! Must have been a freebie as it's not something I would buy. I thought I'd play along with Novica and dress the little fellow up. I used a bunch of shaders from Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray and vol 2

Alien Module.jpg
    640 x 640 - 159K
    Post edited by RGcincy on

I couldn't get the shaders to take to the blue lights at all. I'll have to try again. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Novica said:

I couldn't get the shaders to take to the blue lights at all. I'll have to try again. 

Maybe they were missing the twos to go with the blues

Yeah, my blues just revolted. It was strange though, I had the Surface Selection Tool, selected in Surfaces and Scene, and the other parts took right away. Rich got it to do it, so it's weird.

Novica said:

Yeah, my blues just revolted. It was strange though, I had the Surface Selection Tool, selected in Surfaces and Scene, and the other parts took right away. Rich got it to do it, so it's weird.

Yes, that is weird because I did what you did. I've occasionally have had times when a shader wouldn't apply to something evn though I had selected everything as normal. Then later it works. Maybe it was Monday morning blues. 

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865
    RGcincy said:
    Renomista said:
    Novica said:

Say hello to Alien Module. 

I have it too! Must have been a freebie as it's not something I would buy. I thought I'd play along with Novica and dress the little fellow up. I used a bunch of shaders from Mec4d PBS Shaders vol.1 for Iray and vol 2

Cool Render.    As a reminder, you can use the image editor to tile the Normal maps on the gemstone shaders.  That might give you a really neat effect on the eyes.  Or lenses.  Or whatever they are.

edited April 2016

Cool Render.    As a reminder, you can use the image editor to tile the Normal maps on the gemstone shaders.  That might give you a really neat effect on the eyes.  Or lenses.  Or whatever they are.

Thanks for the tip! I did up the tiling on the normal map from 1 to 5 and now it has fly eyes. Hadn't realized that before.

Alien Module Normal.jpg
    640 x 640 - 151K
  • TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

Very nice!

edited April 2016

Lee 6  (Yes- 6, NOT 7)    Darkwoods Hero (G2M)     Warrior Hair  (with Slosh's Iray Hair Shaders) 

I'm sitting out the Lee 7

I didn't get the Mei Lin so no extra 25% off, I stocked up on sets and keeping to my (already blown) budget. Anyway,  I know it will be on sale at 60% or more off at some point.

I do like Shen (btw, the starter bundle promo page is wrong, Shen is listed as being in the bundle but they have the other character showing in the thumbs up by the big image.) Also like Peng Hair and Biker Bandit. 

But I re-visited Lee 6 and also wanted to mention again the Iray Smart Converter And Advanced Skin Managers for Genesis 2.  I am going to show you what a difference it makes, using Lee 6. The first image below shows you how Lee 6 looks without ISCSM (Iray Smart Converter Skin Manager for short) in the same lighting as the one I tweaked. The second images is using the tweaked skin. I haven't even used Lee 6 yet, (and I'm looking into some of his characters) so Lee 7 can wait. 

Using the ISCSM you can make the skin more yellow, more blue, more red, more glossy, whatever you want to do.

FYI: 

Also, was looking at the Lee 6 Pro Bundle.  FIFTEEN ITEMS at $134.95   We got 4 characters, 3 hairs, etc.

Lee 7 Pro Bundle only has 11 items.  TWO characters, two hairs, etc. Same price. You're getting 25% off if you bought Mei Lin.  Well, everyone should have more of a price discount. You are getting FOUR less items in the Pro Bundle.

Lee6IrayMgr.jpg
    470 x 575 - 154K
    Lee6IrayMgr2.jpg
    470 x 575 - 220K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

I bought Lee 7 and try to post some renders later

Thanks!  BTW, are you feeling better? I remember you were under the weather a couple days ago.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Novica your converted skins look really good.  I have the converters  too but haven't gotten around to trying them yet.  I picked up the Mei lin bundle and now Lee 7 with the discount , I will have to do a compare with Lee 6 & 7 when I get them installed

edited April 2016

Yes I'm much better now. The Antibiotics did their job well.

Here A Lee7 Testrender

Post edited by Renomista on
    edited April 2016

Ad i couldn't resist to combine him with George:

(Lee 7 Head 100%  Lee Body 0% George 42% George HD 62%)

Post edited by Renomista on

Anything else you want to see out of the Pro Bundle?

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

@Renomista I like your Lee/George combo, I think George is one of the best characters to come along, you can mix him in and get some pretty unique characters.  last night I did George with Jax's skin which was interesting, but sorry no renders to post I was just playing around

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I did get the Lee 7 Pro bundle but I really liked him AND I have passed on almost all of the Gen 3 Male characters that I have version 6's of because I like the 6 series way more than I like the 7's as far as the men go.  And I did get the 25% off which helped. And none of the extra stuff they were offering were of any use to me so I just go the bundle and two plushies.  I was waiting to see what Lee 7 looked like.  Now that I have him I can concentrate on stuff like the Iray converters and the items that convert clothing and characters across generations.  I have enough other stuff that I really don't need much character wise.  Now that I have added a bit more diversity I think I can come up with some great characters with the randomizer. (that was the best money I ever spent.  Endless characters.....all different. I think I paid something ridiculous like $7 for the randomizer on sale with coupon etc etc.) And if I can convert v4 and m4 clothing across generations I don't need much as far as clothing goes either.  I do really want Khory's newest Iray emmitting shader set... next month lol.

edited April 2016
    Novica said:

Going to work with the Chroma Iray Lights. The instructions are:

"This product contains 08 HDR environments and 08 x's 3 matching Iray lights, meaning each environment has 3 matching lights for a total of 24 lights. You can control the brightness of your render by controlling the environment with the included settings and lights, each light is labeled a,b,c, “a” being the darker of the 3, “c” being lighter with additional lights added."

What good timing! If you liked the Chroma Iray Lights Novica just showcased two days ago, they are in Fastgrab today. 

Renomista said:

And i couldn't resist to combine him with George:

Looks good! He blends in well with a lot of figures.

Novica said:

Anyway,  I know it will be on sale at 60% or more off at some point.

Just got Michael 7 pro bundle that way yesterday. It eventually comes to that price or even lower.

Renomista said:

To be honest, that shredded razor-cut hair doesn't appeal to me (particularly the front) so I'd like to see if anyone can make that look decent. (Tatsuo Hair) 

Kharma- thanks. You can put more red in the skins, more blue, etc and in postwork (which I refrained from doing) you can desaturate a tad to make the skin more mellow. (LOL, not the technical way of phrasing it, obviously.)  Would love to see Lee 6 and Lee 7 together.

I think Epiproctor is downright cool! Think what you can do with shaders! 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,129
    Renomista said:

Are you sure he's Lee body 0%? There seems to be a lot of musculature that I'm not use to seeing in G3M base or George.

Novica said:
    Renomista said:

To be honest, that shredded razor-cut hair doesn't appeal to me (particularly the front) so I'd like to see if anyone can make that look decent. (Tatsuo Hair) 

I totally agree. At least in 3 Minutes quick trial i could not and then switched to Peng Hair. Was Tempted to use teh asian boy hair from "Little Ones"... probably will try this anyway. All the hairs that come with  "Little Ones" are pretty good looking but unfortunally pretty unflexible (almost no morphs) .

barbult said:
    Renomista said:

Are you sure he's Lee body 0%? There seems to be a lot of musculature that I'm not use to seeing in G3M base or George.

At least theat what I intended. Let me check when I'm back home.

It could be that this is a result of George HD Details morph

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

I like the Tetsuo hair concept, but it seems really high on the top. It will only look good on a certain type of character. If it were shorter it might be more universal looking.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    Novica said:

I think Epiproctor is downright cool! Think what you can do with shaders! 

With Mec4D shaders......I got this one too because I thought of exactly the same thing lol.  I won't really be able to play with anything until at least tomorrow night, maybe Friday. Won't get home today til after 8 probably......

Someone Owns the Laguna: Underwater Lights for Iray Currently in Fast Grab ?

Promos and text are not so "enlightening" (hihi) and 7,50 is to much to buy it in the dark (hihi again)

Those lights would go well with Faveral's upcoming product (see commercial thread.) BTW, Migaloo has a yacht you should see, it reminded me of the upcoming product. (I know, you're wondering how I knew about Migaloo. I own several of those.)

(Yeah, right.) 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

Hmm... DAZ Steve mentioned two new males will be called Ivan annd Lucian. I am intrigued.

This discussion has been closed.