Legacy UVs for Genesis 3 [Commercial]

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

The only V3 textures I would be interested in converting to G3F would be the old _samildinach_ ones I bought ages ago at Rendo. They were fantastic, so different and have I've never seen anything close to them being recreated for Genesis 3. If you DID manage to do a V3 -> G3F converter, I would most definitely buy it, just to use those samildiach textures.  

I am working on G2M Base at the moment, and may do one or two of the other of the G2M UVs as well.  M5 is also a possibility, especially as the M5 UVs are also used for some G2M textures.  I have not yet decided how I am going to group them, it will depend on how quickly they get done.

As for V3 and M3... For starters I don't have these and so am unfamiliar with their UVs.  Presumably there is a similar sort of UV mismatch at work here, which is why there have not been V3 and M3 legacy UVs for other generations.  More importantly, what are the textures like, how many are there and what would be the level of demand for a conversion?  So I would say, all things considered, it is unlikely that I will do these - though I may be persuaded.  laugh

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    jakiblue said:

The only V3 textures I would be interested in converting to G3F would be the old _samildinach_ ones I bought ages ago at Rendo. They were fantastic, so different and have I've never seen anything close to them being recreated for Genesis 3. If you DID manage to do a V3 -> G3F converter, I would most definitely buy it, just to use those samildiach textures. 

_samildanach_ - just to get the name right ... and yes, love her characters, like this one: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=52247

I could never spell her name right! LOL thanks Kerya. And yep, that's one I've got :) I ADORE her characters 

Kerya said:
    jakiblue said:

_samildanach_ - just to get the name right ... and yes, love her characters, like this one: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/?ViewProduct=52247

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131
    Renomista said:

Thanks, Redz.

Yes, as well as Genesis, there are a fair few G2F textures which use the V5 UVs as well.  I went through the store product pages for Genesis 2 Females and before my stamina gave out I'd found at least thirty.  There's probably a lot more all told, here and elsewhere.

I'd like to know how many Victoria 6 UVs there are.  It's a shame we can't just run a query on a database somewhere and get these figures out.  And a lot of the product pages, certainly early on in the Genesis 2 run, don't even say what the UVs are.  But I would like to do sets for the core UVs if it's manageable.

Where do you see that? Most of the Older (Genesis/early G2) characters tht i looked into did not note this on the STorepage, like the newer ones most of the time do....

Yes, you're right, many of the earlier ones don't.  I have a few which are undocumented in this way, for example FW Diana, which lists Olympia 6 as a requirement (for the morph), but actually uses Victoria 5 UVs.  But there are others which are documented, e.g. Rene for Monique 6 and EJ Guadalupe.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,018
    jakiblue said:

I am working on G2M Base at the moment, and may do one or two of the other of the G2M UVs as well.  M5 is also a possibility, especially as the M5 UVs are also used for some G2M textures.  I have not yet decided how I am going to group them, it will depend on how quickly they get done.

As for V3 and M3... For starters I don't have these and so am unfamiliar with their UVs.  Presumably there is a similar sort of UV mismatch at work here, which is why there have not been V3 and M3 legacy UVs for other generations.  More importantly, what are the textures like, how many are there and what would be the level of demand for a conversion?  So I would say, all things considered, it is unlikely that I will do these - though I may be persuaded.  laugh

Oh, good point, I would definitely use those too :)

• Is it reversible?  Could I use G3F textures on Genesis with this?

Even if it's not, I'll get it just to use http://www.daz3d.com/children-of-danu-for-genesis on G3F.

• Is it reversible?  Could I use G3F textures on Genesis with this?

Even if it's not, I'll get it just to use http://www.daz3d.com/children-of-danu-for-genesis on G3F.

No, the data is all specific to the destination figure. Something similar could be made for the older figures, but it would not share elements with this.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,757

Bought them both and will install them tonight. 

Put me down as another who'd buy a V3/A3 to "anything Genesis" set".  Besides a wide selection of Aiko 3 textures that really haven't been duplicated, there are a handful of truly spectacular V3/SP textures out there like Blackhearted's Irina and Girl Next Door that would be worth the price just on their own.  

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

I just purchased the M4 version and tried it with M4 Elite texture Rob. It worked great, but I can't get the Toolbar creation to work correctly. It creates a toolbar, but it only has two separators in it, no buttons. I use a saved custom workspace and I am running DS 4.9.1.30 Beta. Is either of those situations causing the toolbar to not get created correctly?

Screenshot 2016-04-18 17.25.10.png
    641 x 639 - 36K
    Screenshot 2016-04-18 17.26.02.png
    662 x 639 - 38K
    Renomista said:

Thanks, Redz.

Yes, as well as Genesis, there are a fair few G2F textures which use the V5 UVs as well.  I went through the store product pages for Genesis 2 Females and before my stamina gave out I'd found at least thirty.  There's probably a lot more all told, here and elsewhere.

I'd like to know how many Victoria 6 UVs there are.  It's a shame we can't just run a query on a database somewhere and get these figures out.  And a lot of the product pages, certainly early on in the Genesis 2 run, don't even say what the UVs are.  But I would like to do sets for the core UVs if it's manageable.

Where do you see that? Most of the Older (Genesis/early G2) characters tht i looked into did not note this on the STorepage, like the newer ones most of the time do....

Yes, you're right, many of the earlier ones don't.  I have a few which are undocumented in this way, for example FW Diana, which lists Olympia 6 as a requirement (for the morph), but actually uses Victoria 5 UVs.  But there are others which are documented, e.g. Rene for Monique 6 and EJ Guadalupe.

In the early days of Genesis, the store's assumption seemed to be that if a character used a given base figure's set of morphs, it would also use that character's UV set.  That went right off the rails as soon as vendors figured out that they could make more money making a character for both Genesis and V4 using V4 UVs (or Genesis and M4 using M4 UVs.)  lt would be nice if there was a master-reference list or forum thread listing which character sets use which UV.

barbult said:

I just purchased the M4 version and tried it with M4 Elite texture Rob. It worked great, but I can't get the Toolbar creation to work correctly. It creates a toolbar, but it only has two separators in it, no buttons. I use a saved custom workspace and I am running DS 4.9.1.30 Beta. Is either of those situations causing the toolbar to not get created correctly?

This may be because you have altered the path within the DAZ Studio folders from "/People/Genesis 3 Male/Anatomy/Legacy UVs".  The toolbar script looks for any icons within that specific path, and if they're not there it will put nothing in the toolbar.

Put me down as another who'd buy a V3/A3 to "anything Genesis" set".  Besides a wide selection of Aiko 3 textures that really haven't been duplicated, there are a handful of truly spectacular V3/SP textures out there like Blackhearted's Irina and Girl Next Door that would be worth the price just on their own.  

I've actually just bought V3 and M3 in the sales today just to have a look at the layouts.

barbult said:

This may be because you have altered the path within the DAZ Studio folders from "/People/Genesis 3 Male/Anatomy/Legacy UVs".  The toolbar script looks for any icons within that specific path, and if they're not there it will put nothing in the toolbar.

Thanks for the reply. I installed your product with Daz Connect, so it is in data\cloud\1_31071\people\genesis 3 male\anatomy\legacy uvs. Is the toolbar creation script able to handle that?

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

Well, I am glad that you are doing the G2M version, but if that's so, I would really love to see the M5 version as well for the sake of addressing both Genesis 1 genders. Any support for Gen 3 UVs would be a greatly appriciated miracle without a doubt! Though, Zigraphix was supposed to be working on Gen 3 UVs for Genesis 2, but she went MIA with her PhD schooling...

Though, if a workable solution regarding any Generation compatibility can be done with geographing, I say go for it! My wallet welcomes it! :)

• barbult said:
    barbult said:

Thanks for the reply. I installed your product with Daz Connect, so it is in data\cloud\1_31071\people\genesis 3 male\anatomy\legacy uvs. Is the toolbar creation script able to handle that?

I installed with Daz Connect and I'd say the answer if no. If I click to add the tool bar, it moves all the tools over, but I don't see any added tools. Just a wide empty space. And if I click to remove, it moves the tools back where they were. And that's why I say not everything is Daz Connect ready. Especially scripts!

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

I've actually just bought V3 and M3 in the sales today just to have a look at the layouts.

If I remember correctly someone posted A3's in one of the old A3 fandom threads. The differences between A3 and V4 were pretty extreme. Probably no more so than between V3 and G3F, but too much for pretty much anything but a dedicated texture converter to handle.

But there are quite a number of select gen3 skins (a lot of them for A3 and Hiro3) that people would be extremely happy to get back. Plus the oddities like the Samilwhosis's stuff. There were a number of those. Bizarre, but beautiful.

edited April 2016

Something old, something new.  G3M with George morphs meets MortemVetus' The Slinger for M4, all in 3DL (loincloth included for your consideration.)  As with the previous sets, these are just plain fun. 

G3M with MortemVetus Slinger test SM.jpg
    1154 x 1500 - 1020K
    Post edited by Cybersox on
  • bicc39bicc39 Posts: 589

Thought I would start with Legacy UVs for Genesis 3

Downloaded and installed manually.

Instruction 1 says Load and select Genesis 3 Female. great.

Instruction 2 says  Click on the '_Prepare G3F' icon.

Great.

Where is the Prepare G3F icon?

Gotta love hide and seek for a half hour

;

;

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

From the readme ( http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/31071/start ):

• You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:

• “People:Genesis 3 Male:Anatomy:Legacy UVs”

• “People:Genesis 3 Male:Anatomy:Legacy UVs:Components”

• You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:

• “Anatomy:External”

• “Materials:Masculine:Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Michael 4:Genitalia”

• “Materials:Masculine:Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Michael 4:Skin”

• “Utilities:Scripts”

The users guide is here:  http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/31071/31071_legacy-uvs-for-genesis3-user-guide.pdf

Thank you, very grateful for help, but have to say I should not have had to ask.

Very frustrating.

Thank you very much

After initial frustration, worked great, will be acquiring the rest.

Many thanks again,  perhaps slight impatience on my part.

edited April 2016

Here are Stratton and Rob Elite textures on G3M.

G3M George Lee 6 mix Stratton Texture Iray 001.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 1M
    G3M George Darius 6 mix Rob Elite Texture Iray 001.jpg
    1236 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

WHOA Barbult! That first one looks FANTASTIC!!!!

did you convert his skin for iray? wow. What's his beard from? 

barbult said:

Here are Stratton and Rob Elite textures on G3M.

Yes, I converted with V3Digitimes converter for generation 4. The beard is Whiskers for G3M (I may not have the product names exactly correct, but you can tell what i am referring to, I'm sure.

good gravy, i can't get over how fantastic that looks :)

I wasn't planning on getting the M4 -> G3M one, I was more interested in the female one, but I do have the M4 Elite skins and I think you may have convinced me. :) 

barbult said:

Yes, I converted with V3Digitimes converter for generation 4. The beard is Whiskers for G3M (I may not have the product names exactly correct, but you can tell what i am referring to, I'm sure.

KevinH said:
    barbult said:
    barbult said:

I installed with Daz Connect and I'd say the answer if no. If I click to add the tool bar, it moves all the tools over, but I don't see any added tools. Just a wide empty space. And if I click to remove, it moves the tools back where they were. And that's why I say not everything is Daz Connect ready. Especially scripts!

I don't (can't!) use Connect, so I was unaware of this hitch.  The script function converts the relative path ("/People/Genesis 3 Male/Anatomy/Legacy UVs") to an absolute path, so I am surprised it can't handle the Cloud path seeing as the relative path seems intact.  I presume that would also mean that the "Prepare" scripts would not work in Connect, in which case you have to run everything from the Components sub-folder.

You can always, of course, change the scripts yourselves.  Make a copy, first, then right-click on the copy to open the Script IDE.  In the "Prepare" script, the path lines are 84-91; in "Add Toolbar" the path line is 10; in "Remove Toolbar" the path line is 6; and in "Apply M4 UVs" the path lines are 662-663. "Apply V5 UVs" does not have any paths. Now, I don't know if simply adding "data\cloud\1_31071" in front of the existing relative path will work.  If it doesn't you could try replacing the function with the absolute path.

• Thanks, Caymen. It does look like Barbult got the rest of it to work. Barbult posted some images of some textures that were transfered. If everything but the tool bar works, then that's OK. I will try to convert a texture today.

If not, then I guess I'll just go back and install with DIM.

I'm glad you made this product and am looking forward to any others you may bring out.

KevinH said:

Thanks, Caymen. It does look like Barbult got the rest of it to work. Barbult posted some images of some textures that were transfered. If everything but the tool bar works, then that's OK. I will try to convert a texture today.

If not, then I guess I'll just go back and install with DIM.

I'm glad you made this product and am looking forward to any others you may bring out.

Thanks, Kevin.  Well, I'm curious about this now.  Does the "Prepare" script work in Connect?  If so then maybe I have misdiagnosed the problem.  I have also heard tell that you cannot edit scripts in Connect, in which case my "solution" above would not work anyway!

Yes, the Prepare script works fine for me.

edited April 2016

Here's one more. This is the Lee Elite texture.

G3M George Aiden others mix Lee Elite Texture 002.jpg
    833 x 993 - 462K
    Post edited by barbult on