Released - Content Package Assist (Commercial)

Comments

• FusionLA said:
    So the packages created in the windows Version, installs correctly on the Mac using DIM?

Yes smiley

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249
    FusionLA said:
    So the packages created in the windows Version, installs correctly on the Mac using DIM?

Yes smiley

Thanks for the answer.

I really want a Mac native version, I might have to pull the trigger on this and try it in a Virtual Machine.
    As soon as the Mac version is done, instant buy.

Installing product files on the Mac from other stores can be a pain (merging folders on Windows is alot eaiser)

• pkappeteinpkappetein Posts: 506

So, items I bought from other stores that I can only see with the file manager..if I use this program I make a package and I can categorize it, so it shows also in my content library? With an icon

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

So, items I bought from other stores that I can only see with the file manager..if I use this program I make a package and I can categorize it, so it shows also in my content library? With an icon

You can already do that, just "Scan Known Directories for Files"

So if that's the case.. What makes it so special? Besides creating a zip fir dim..  Sorry if that's a stupid question

So if that's the case.. What makes it so special? Besides creating a zip fir dim..  Sorry if that's a stupid question

1) It lets you install/uninstall/update them with DIM

2) DIM will automatically create an entry in Content Library > Products

Fair enough to hit the buy button..

can you also create the category for it?

You would need to either create the metadata files in advance or categorize them after installing.

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576

OMG Thank you for this.I have a big chunk of content from other places too that I couldnt always get installed right. Now its all in there as well as being in nice neat batches of zips by Vendor. You are my hero.

ok ,I feel dumb..

Where is the program located after install?

I don't see it in Daz,  so I guess I need to start it on it's own...  but cannot find the file

(unless i unzip the download IM version...

• ok ,I feel dumb..

I don't see it in Daz,  so I guess I need to start it on it's own...  but cannot find the file

There might be a shortcut on your desktop, but it is

C:\Program Files (x86)\BWC\ContentPA

ok ,I feel dumb..

There might be a shortcut on your desktop, but it is

C:\Program Files (x86)\BWC\ContentPA

Gues I am dumb... lol  

Thanks

Tried making a package, but when i tried to install it,  it failed.

Clicked on the ?   and told me that it's missing a readme file

• Did you install it via DIM?

Yes sir

• There should be 4 files in C:\Program Files (x86)\BWC\ContentPA

Changes txt, application, PDF guide and sqlite3.dll

The application has a Help button, not a ?

• There should be 4 files in C:\Program Files (x86)\BWC\ContentPA

Changes txt, application, PDF guide and sqlite3.dll

The application has a Help button, not a ?

Unless pkappetein has 32bit Windows then it would/should be C:\Program Files\BWC\ContentPA.  Just sayin'

edited April 2016

I use Win 10 64 Bit.

and it's indeed in the  C:\Program Files (x86)\BWC\ContentPA  folder.   (So the program is 32bit) ?

There are 4 files in the folder indeed.

When I install through DIM.    I get install Error.   When I click on the ?  in front of  "Install Failed"   or "Install"   it tells me that it cannot find the readme file ?  (guess that's the link that goes to the website)   so  ignore that one..

idk, why it says install failed..

this is the log

Product failed check, moving to next product : PK08036462-01_DressforVictoria42.zip
    Install Queue finished in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Product 18735-1:Day at the Beach Lesson Essentials is repeated
    Processed 742 products with 1410 unique product downloads
        1 records were repeated product downloads.

inerror.PNG
    563 x 300 - 20K
    Post edited by pkappetein on
  • Ah, so the package you are trying to install fails. That usually happens when either filenames or folders include illegal characters. The ? won't work as they are linked to the actual product page, and since this is a custom package, there is no product page. If you can tell me what the product is and where it is from, I can try and get hold of it to look.

ok, did a couple of them..  All working fine..

But how do I see them in my smart library?

I found 1 under the Content Library,  but there was no icon for it.   Just a  box with a !  in it for the group.

and the other ones I cannot find at all.

Have over 1200 items installed,  it's a pain to look through A ... Z   to see which one it is..

• I'm working on an image for the product library icon entry. The only way you will see it in Smart Content is if they have metadata, that is what SC works on. You can also find them under Daz Studio\Poser Fromats in Content Library.

I'm working on an image for the product library icon entry. The only way you will see it in Smart Content is if they have metadata, that is what SC works on. You can also find them under Daz Studio\Poser Fromats in Content Library.

Very Nice,,   I'll have to keep my eyes open then

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Do you have a link to the readme pdf so I can check it out before I decide to purchase?

• Kharma said:

Do you have a link to the readme pdf so I can check it out before I decide to purchase?

I'll ask Daz tomorrow if they can add it to the Documentation page.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140

Video tutorial on how to use this? 

I do allot of work with the Hivewire line.  I'm actually creating content for them so I would like to know what this program can do to make things easier in the long run for end users.  Like Smart Content creation or do I still need to set all that up myself?  I sort of under the impression that this program is the missing link for creating meta data that can be used to save out with created content to include with saleable or freebie packs. 

• Smart Content is reliant on Metadata, which is a different kettle of fish. We have looked at a MD creation tool before, it is not simple. It may be possible for us to create a basic creation tool, but it is something which will take time to look into.

We created CPA to make it easier for people to create DIM packages from content obtained elsewhere, so that it appears in Content Library. The end user can combine zips to make a single package which can be installed via DIM, re-organize existing zips and create DIM packages from them, create DIM packages from existing zips, etc.

So then I can point your program to a directory and have it add my zips, say from Hivewire, to DIM?  And this in effect creates needed files to be seen where?  Just in the Content Directory or in Smart Content too?

PS.  I did buy this but am busy right now with learning lighting with iRay so bit in the middle of that so thought I'd just throw some questions out to you so when I do initiate the program I have an inkling of what to do with it...

RAMWolff said:

So then I can point your program to a directory and have it add my zips, say from Hivewire, to DIM?  And this in effect creates needed files to be seen where?  Just in the Content Directory or in Smart Content too?

Only in the Content Directory..  That's wy I had the question if it was also showing in the Smart Content..  But it's not

• MBuschMBusch Posts: 547
    edited April 2016

I have been using DIM Maker 0.4 to made my custom DIM Installers without any glitches, but I am glad with this new tool as it gives me an automatc supplement file and a much better tool for naming the packages.

Being a Mac user I would like to see an OS X version. For the moment I want just ask some fixes:

1) When making packages sometimes folders or files names contains the character "&" which putted in this form in the Manifest file will cause a failes installation in DIM. I would like the application take this in account and translate the "&"character to "&" which will work correctly. My current fix for this glitch is open the Manifest file in a Text Editor to find and replace the offending character. It would be nice if the tool tkae this in account.

2) I would like to add uncompressed files and folders directly to the files tab even they are not inside a zip archive, I mean, drag and drop directly from Windows Explorer. Currently this is just possible if I adding the file or folder to an existing dropped zip archive.

3) CPA should also ignore some specific file or folder as "_MACOSX" which is irrelevant to the package.

At last, I would like to congrat you for the release. Nicely done and very useful.

Post edited by MBusch on