- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

I can get to Wendy's by car. I am the only one in the group home with a car. i do not want to get rid of my car unless I have to. I prefer to drive somewhere instead of waiting for someone to give me rides. I still have to tell the lady in charge if I am going somewhere and when I am coming back.

Friday I forgot to tell her that I was going to do a quick stop at Walmart after I picked up my check. I did tell her that I was going to pick up my paycheck from work, just not that I was going to do anything afterwards. She was a little worried when I took too long just for picking up a check that is less than five minutes away.

i need to drink more water. I have plenty bottles of water so I have no excuse for not drinking water.

you could add crystal light to the water, easier to enjoy with a lil flavor

edited December 1969

Jose jalapeno on a stick is not happy on Halloween, cuz there's no costumes on a stick

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,688
    edited December 1969

Jose jalapeno on a stick is not happy on Halloween, cuz there's no costumes on a stick

what is Jose Jalapeno on a stick? Not sure if I like jalapenos. I think I had a jalapeno burger once but it gave me problems in the end. That is all I am saying as I do not like to talk about bathroom topics.

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    While some here may know the answer to this...

I just want to ask... Is this computer a good one for 3d???

...OK here goes

Well...
    -REMOVED LONG QUOTE-

...apologies for the length and hope this helps a bit.

Thank you so much! It all helps!!!

That was a high range priced computer at a major franchise is Australia... It all tells me like everyone has said... That CUSTOM is the way to go!! :cheese:

Just need to lean my stuff before getting one made... I dont want to screw up!
    ...you're welcome.

When it comes to micro electronics I was pretty much all thumbs (and having severe arthritis doesn't help either). Spent a lot of time researching and reading/watching various tutorials. It also helped to have a very tech savvy friend who was good at explaining things in a language I could understand.

One good place to start is Tom's Hardware. They have tonnes of reviews, tests, comparisons, excellent tutorials, and a very helpful forum.

Of course now comes the next really tough part, building a custom runtime structure Again, I have several good tutorials on this so I am well "armed" for the next phase of the operation.

Yeah, this ol' quasi-luddite (still don't have a cell/wireless phone or even a telly for that matter) has proved through all of this, that it really is possible to learn a few new tricks and join the "modern world". I can say the next time I do this, it will be be almost second nature.

WOW really?!? No TV, No wireless phone, Seriously?!? And you know SO MUCH about computers, thats truly remarkable! WOW lol! I've known of people like you, but never have I spoke to one who knows anything at all about computers! Good for you! :)

LOL, I may hit you up for some more IT advice sometime lol! Thanks again :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. 2 am. Should I eat some pizza or not.

edited December 1969

YES YOU SHOULD!!! YOU YUM!

edited December 1969

YUM YUM! Not you yum haha! OOPS

edited December 1969

I dunno about "yum" since it is one of those "just heat" sort of pizzas, but it is my guilty pleasure sort too... :) Yeah, peetza time.

edited December 1969

sometimes a quick pizza is all you need at 2am, I must confess, I sometimes have the same guilty pleasure HAHA!

edited December 1969

At least this is loaded with extra cheese I added to it! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

edited December 1969

gourmet pizza or the regular kind... lol lots of cheese can mean both... Though the regular ones are more common in supermarkets.

edited December 1969

This is so far from gourmet that it probably resides on a different plane of existence.

Possibly somewhere really hot, and with a whiff of brimstone.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    While some here may know the answer to this...

I just want to ask... Is this computer a good one for 3d???

...OK here goes

Well...
    -REMOVED LONG QUOTE-

...apologies for the length and hope this helps a bit.

Thank you so much! It all helps!!!

That was a high range priced computer at a major franchise is Australia... It all tells me like everyone has said... That CUSTOM is the way to go!! :cheese:

Just need to lean my stuff before getting one made... I dont want to screw up!

...you're welcome.

When it comes to micro electronics I was pretty much all thumbs (and having severe arthritis doesn't help either). Spent a lot of time researching and reading/watching various tutorials. It also helped to have a very tech savvy friend who was good at explaining things in a language I could understand.

One good place to start is Tom's Hardware. They have tonnes of reviews, tests, comparisons, excellent tutorials, and a very helpful forum.

Of course now comes the next really tough part, building a custom runtime structure Again, I have several good tutorials on this so I am well "armed" for the next phase of the operation.

Yeah, this ol' quasi-luddite (still don't have a cell/wireless phone or even a telly for that matter) has proved through all of this, that it really is possible to learn a few new tricks and join the "modern world". I can say the next time I do this, it will be be almost second nature.

WOW really?!? No TV, No wireless phone, Seriously?!? And you know SO MUCH about computers, thats truly remarkable! WOW lol! I've known of people like you, but never have I spoke to one who knows anything at all about computers! Good for you! :)

LOL, I may hit you up for some more IT advice sometime lol! Thanks again :)
    ...most of my "serious" work was done back in the Bronze Age" when ponderous Mainframes (with less Memory and Storage than my five going on six-year old notebook) still ruled the digital earth and interacting with them required such things as punched cards and punched tape. Those refrigerator sized tape drives you see in old SciFi and secret agent films, I've actually worked on systems that used them. 300baud acoustic modems, man that was "shredding". and playing "Trek" on an old Decwriter, watching it plot your Photon Torpedo's course was so wicked.

When I got my first x86 PC with with 4 MB RAM and a 20MB HDD I wondered how will will I ever use so much power, so much storage?

Felt the same when I got this notebook with 2G RAM and an 80GB HDD, again, I'll never fill that up in a million billion years...

...then I discovered this 3D thing. Now even the 320G HDD I have in the notebook is reaching it's limit and 2G (out of 4G of total RAM) is barely enough to render a even a relatively simple scene.

My how things have changed.

'Quick, Mabel get on the party line and ring up the computer store in town, we're going to need more memory for the when Daz comes out with that Studio 5 Programme. Maybe see if they have one of those newfangled hyperthreading octo-core processors as well."

edited December 1969

LMAO... YOU TOTALLY SHOULD BE A CREATIVE WRITER!

edited December 1969

HAHA KYOTO_

Well that explains why you went in that direction! That's a really cool way of explaining it I might add... LOL I remember the floppy drives as a kid... Never thought I could have a million of them in a tiny pocket sized box!!

edited December 1969

I also remember those old box computers, with only lime green text!! A bit too early for me, but I have used them before! My first real connection I made to computers was an old windows 98... I was 8 then of course.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    This is so far from gourmet that it probably resides on a different plane of existence.

Possibly somewhere really hot, and with a whiff of brimstone.

I think brimstone smells like sulfur and rotten eggs.

actually a type of sulfur smells likes rotten eggs. I am not sure that pure sulfur has any smell.

edited December 1969

Is sulfur the metal that is flammable?

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Better to use the neck top to solve problems than it is to chase a technological tail that will surely keep uncoiling just out of reach, no matter how fast you move to catch it up :)

edited December 1969

Lol, last I heard you was going to work.

Mind you, I was going to bed.

edited September 2012

what is Jose Jalapeno on a stick? Not sure if I like jalapenos. I think I had a jalapeno burger once but it gave me problems in the end. That is all I am saying as I do not like to talk about bathroom topics.

i was referring to the Jose jalapeno puppet from the ventriloquist special. he's on the dvd cover ... 'cept i was watching spark of insanity dvd

jdmm.png
    215 x 271 - 136K
    Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Technology is one of those things, you buy the latest apple this, and the next day theres a new apple that... I just get what I like when I choose to. A new puta would benifit me in the long run... so it's worth getting one that can do everything I want it to. I'm not in any way fighting to be right up there in the technological web... I'd get eaten by spiders!

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Lol, last I heard you was going to work.

Mind you, I was going to bed.

Well you could be in bed with a tablet or notebook computer. I am currently in bed with my kindle fire. I do not going to sleep at eight pm and try to stay up till ten then go to sleep. I am listening to an app that plays white noise to help me relax. I paid for the version that runs in the background.

edited December 1969

spiderbots? webcrawlers? :)

edited December 1969

Nar I wont cos, I not working tonight and it's now 11am so going to bed now would totally make me not see daylight for the rest of the week! I totally have sleeping pattern issues!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,010
    edited December 1969

i was referring to the Jose jalapeno puppet from the ventriloquist special. he's on the dvd cover ... 'cept i was watching spark of insanity dvd
    Hey I remember that guy! He just had the grouchy old man on the far right, then. He was very funny.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...when I was 8, the computer was something almost mystical. One saw more of them in SciFi and espionage films than in real life often portrayed as tools of "advanced" science or megalomaniacs bent on taking over the world.

Companies that built full systems, modules, and peripherals back then included a few surprising names like:

RCA
    Philco
    General Mills
    GE
    Ampex
    Ford
    Lockheed
    General Dynamics
    Bendix
    Northrup

As well as those associated with the technology.

Packard Bell
    National Cash Register
    Sperry Rand (UNIVAC)
    Burroughs
    Control Data
    International Business Machines.
    Honeywell

Intended to post a few computer ads from that era but to be readable they end up too big for the forum software to handle

edited December 1969

Sleeping isn't my issue, getting to sleep is. I have meds to get to sleep, and even those sadly have little effect. People I know who have taken that same medication are knocked out in half hour after taking a half of what I'm prescribed! Though fear not, It is not an addictive medication and it's only real side-effects are drowsyness for the first 3 hrs... (BTW - I take them wisely, I'm a good boy lol)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Nar I wont cos, I not working tonight and it's now 11am so going to bed now would totally make me not see daylight for the rest of the week! I totally have sleeping pattern issues!

I think it might be cool to live on a vampire schedule though it is hard to get doctor appointments at midnight. Unless one is a vampire and lives in a society that lives on vampire schedule it would be just too difficult to maintain. I tried it once but it messed things up.

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Sleeping isn't my issue, getting to sleep is. I have meds to get to sleep, and even those sadly have little effect. People I know who have taken that same medication are knocked out in half hour after taking a half of what I'm prescribed! Though fear not, It is not an addictive medication and it's only real side-effects are drowsyness for the first 3 hrs... (BTW - I take them wisely, I'm a good boy lol)

I take a sleeping pill every night. That is because the group home makes me take it. It sometimes work but not tonight but then I think I put some coffee in my hot chocolate I got at the gas station. They had two machines that is like a soda fountain but it is for hot beverages. I got their biggest cup and put a little of everything in it.

This discussion has been closed.