Ice Dragon Art WIP's

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I think this is a great start.  It will be interesting to see where you go with it.  Which figure is that because I don't recognize it.

Its called Babylon Warrior.  Its a standalone figure none of the other figures needed.  He comes with a decent amount of different colors but I believe he is intended for 3deligh as I had to convert the *glow* parts of his suit to iray it make them glow.  I am going to do him in 3delight and see what happens just for the fun of it lol.     http://www.daz3d.com/babylon-warrior

Thanks.  I just wishlisted him.  Maybe in a future sale I'll get him.  He looks interesting.  I can see some possibilites when I look at your image with him.

Thanks that's a grand compliment and I can't wait to see what you do with him once you get him

edited April 2016

Goblins apparently don't make good lackeys.  Its weird the pants on the goblins are made for the generation the goblins are but no matter what I do (tried smoothing, collision, making the goblins pelvic area smaller and nothing would actually cover all of them.  Which in this case is fine, they are goblins but I don't know why the pants don't fit. Two different pants.  Neither of which had any kind of shaping or sizing options not even scale.

The Snake King.png
    766 x 1240 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Maybe there's a lot of displacement on the goblin skins?  See if lowering displacement helps, or you could just make those body parts invisible if the pants cover them.

Maybe there's a lot of displacement on the goblin skins?  See if lowering displacement helps, or you could just make those body parts invisible if the pants cover them.

Ah I haven't tried anythign with displacement before I will see if that helps.  In this case, its okay because I was going to postwork raggedy edges and holes anyway but for future reference I need to know h

edited April 2016

Had some fun with this one.  Tried out a bunch of new stuff.  This is 3Delight with gallimimus, stegosaurus and pteranodyn as well as skies of economy, AOA's
    atmospheric camera fog preset.  Also three or four different jungle stuff from Traveller (very very pleased with all of the stuff I bought from him.  The plants are AMAZING)

Just Another Day in the Jungle.jpg
    739 x 591 - 334K
    edited April 2016

Can I just say what a fantastic product this is!?!  I am just about speechless.  I'm just doing some testing on some new product to get a feel for what they look like.  I put this together in less than 5 minutes.  Dropped the portal into the scene, added one of my new economy skies for 3delight ( I am going to say how happy I am with those as well, beautifully done, drag and drop and thats it lovely skies, great lighing lots of different ones to choose from, day, night, sunset...) I changed the snake skin and the snake eye and drop the lily pads and the lotus flower in and that was it.  This set is fantastic can't wait to try out the other portals that came with it. (ya, there are 4 I believe all completely different)

Egyptian Water Portal Test.png
    766 x 612 - 819K

Also this is just the close up of the portal and water it has 3 tiers of stone around the outside so its much bigger than in this render.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

So, which portal set is it?  Inquiring minds wish to know.

Thanks!  Thought I put a link in but apparently not

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Wow, you have been busy! I like that dino render, would have liked to see that group a bit closer. The postals were a teaser when I saw them on the fastgrab but gosh I'm so broke this month it will have to wat another opportunity. You really made it looking good with those glowy effects.

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

Thanks.  I didn't recognize the set.  It appears I have it.  May have to dig it out of mothballs!

• TabascoJackTabascoJack Posts: 865

I really like the portal render, Sonja, as well as the goblins.  I'd love to see more of it.

I might have to get it and then see what I can do with it in Iray with Cath's PBS shaders...

Linwelly said:

Wow, you have been busy! I like that dino render, would have liked to see that group a bit closer. The postals were a teaser when I saw them on the fastgrab but gosh I'm so broke this month it will have to wat another opportunity. You really made it looking good with those glowy effects.

I didn't make the glowey effects they are part of the package.  I truly did nothing but plop it in studio change the shaders on the snake, drop a economy sky in it and hit the render button. 

Thanks.  I didn't recognize the set.  It appears I have it.  May have to dig it out of mothballs!

You definitely should!

I really like the portal render, Sonja, as well as the goblins.  I'd love to see more of it.

I might have to get it and then see what I can do with it in Iray with Cath's PBS shaders...

I will try and do the others for you tonight or tomorrow.  I will just drop them in and put in a sky and render so you can see what they are like out of the box.  And I dont' even have words for Cath's shaders I just picked up vol 1 and 2. Holy wow!

edited April 2016

This is the Aztec Fire Portal. I added the water plane and a sky dome.  Thats it. 3Delight

Aztec Fire Portal Test.jpg
    800 x 640 - 228K
    edited April 2016

Celtic Earth Portal

Celtic Portal Test.jpg
    800 x 640 - 360K
    edited April 2016

Greek Wind Portal

Greek Wind Portal Test.jpg
    800 x 640 - 253K

The full Egyptian Water Portal - I figured I would show the full one because the first one was a close up only showing part of it

Egyptian Water Portal Test.jpg
    800 x 640 - 212K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

WOW is all I can say Sonja, you sure have een a busy beaver!!! I really love the portals, makes me wish I had the money for it!!!!

WOW is all I can say Sonja, you sure have een a busy beaver!!! I really love the portals, makes me wish I had the money for it!!!!

Thank you Saphirewild!  Just testing lol.  They render super fast too, at least on the PC. The laptop took a bit longer but still pretty fast and the laptop is 5 years old lol

edited April 2016

Fire Sorceress. Jepe's 3Delight special effects.  LOVE them.  They come with both 3Delight and Iray and they are excellent props.  They are simple planes though so you do have to be careful how you position things.

Fire Sorceress.jpg
    800 x 640 - 335K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Portals and Jepe- think of all the fun you can have!  Your portals are looking lovely. 

Novica said:

Portals and Jepe- think of all the fun you can have!  Your portals are looking lovely. 

I know right?!  lol.  Honestly the portals have nothing done to them other than to add a sky and ground if necessary.  The rest is all product. Incredilby well done. I will be looking to see what else this artist has available.

edited April 2016

Picked up the Dark Elves  http://www.daz3d.com/dark-elves-for-genesis

This has been on my wishlist since I started 7 months ago lol.

Night Hunter.jpg
    800 x 640 - 243K
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Nice scene.  Lots of great atmosphere.

Thanks Kismet!

• KA1KA1 Posts: 1,012

Wow Sonja, you have been REALLY busy!! Some fantastic renders here, I've looked at the babylon warrior before and wasn't sure, looks pretty cool though seen in action!! I picked up the portals of power on fast grab, I'd looked at them a lot in the past so couldn't let it slip by when it showed up there - they seem to convert well to iRay with some tweaking too, although currently I am experimenting with 3Delight again now anyhow :)

KA1 said:

Wow Sonja, you have been REALLY busy!! Some fantastic renders here, I've looked at the babylon warrior before and wasn't sure, looks pretty cool though seen in action!! I picked up the portals of power on fast grab, I'd looked at them a lot in the past so couldn't let it slip by when it showed up there - they seem to convert well to iRay with some tweaking too, although currently I am experimenting with 3Delight again now anyhow :)

Thank you KA1! finally got my custom categories redone so I can find everything lol.  I picked up the portals in fast grab as well. They are pretty cool to play with lol.  I've been dividing my time pretty equally between 3delight and Iray.  So its a bit slower in learning both but I'm stubborn and want to know it all right now lol.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795

Those dark elves have been grinning at me for a while and your render made that grin just wider but until May I'm done shopping. Nice work with the atmosphere as well

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Picked up the Dark Elves  http://www.daz3d.com/dark-elves-for-genesis

This has been on my wishlist since I started 7 months ago lol.

I'm hearing some crickets. 

This is very nice, it's cool and foggy, and the eyes add something serene to the monochromatic color.  I wonder how it would look if you gave her eyes a warm color? 

Fireflies would really add to this. Runtime had some free fireflies: RDNA Scatters Vol 1 - Fireflies.  I don't know if they migrated over yet. 

This really goes to show that there is something cool in every character generation, and we don't need to discard Genesis just because the shiny new G3 is here (kinda like the iPhone).  I had also picked up Dark Elves, because I wanted to do a green elf.  However, the leaf pattern on the face isn't what I wanted, but I use the glowing eyes. 

I picked up DA Glowing Eyes because I wanted an emitted glow in 3Delight.  I'm currently experimenting with that.

This discussion has been closed.