any moar photos of nice kittehs ? Haz cake *blink blink*

drool CAKE

nomms twizzlers this morning.

predicting a serious sugar crash later

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

here's a link to the writer's forum iffn anyone is interested

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showforum.php?forum_id=12436

i'm waiting for someone else to post there, cuz i feel like i'm hogging it write now.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Some of the maps in HoMM 3 are interestingly designed. The minimap shows a dragon clutching an orb (The scenario's name is "Dragon Orb") but up close and in-game you won't be able to see it until the map is revealed. They did an interesting job of hiding the dragon's tongue in-game by covering the dirt (Which is a brick red on the minimap) with the 'Cursed Ground' tiles.

The gameplay itself isn't all too exciting, not like some missions such as "Unexpected Inheritance" which has some of the most humorous dialogue in the game, but I do enjoy how the game has little "artworks" disguised as the map itself. This was continued in IV but Ubisoft, who took over HoMM after 3DO went bankrupt, dropped the long running tradition of having intriguing minimap designs and humorous scenarios. In fact, the ones that shipped with V - the FEW that shipped with it - sucked terribly. III had almost fifty scenarios to choose from, there was like... Twelve or something in V WITH ALL THREE EXPANSIONS. >_>

ScreenHunter_17-Jun.-01-06_.30_.jpg
    470 x 331 - 101K
    edited December 1969

I have the hiccups >_<</p>

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    I have the hiccups >_<</div>

Don't breathe fire on anyone.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Rezca said:
    I have the hiccups >_<</div>

Don't breathe fire on anyone.

Don't worry - it doesn't work that way ^_^
    Besides, they're pretty much past now.

• SalvatoreSalvatore Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

Weird, this new forum still puzzles me, Rez posted something a half hour back (I found out with my hacking abilllities), but trying to find this thread made me search with a microscope the first 4 pages without success, at least now I'm posting something I suspect to see this thread on the first page, I hope....:coolcheese:

edited December 1969

Salvatore said:
    Weird, this new forum still puzzles me, Rez posted something a half hour back (I found out with my hacking abilllities), but trying to find this thread made me search with a microscope the first 4 pages without success, at least now I'm posting something I suspect to see this thread on the first page, I hope....:coolcheese:

At the moment it is, I gather, sorting by original thread creation date, rather than by last post. But I gather that this will be fixed... in... future. Avoiding the 's' word. ;)

edited December 1969

Salvatore said:

WOW, totally freaky, just posted succesfully, and this thread still is not visible on the first page for me, weird !!

(AND I could mnot find a smiley that fits my current mood..)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Salvatore said:

At the moment it is, I gather, sorting by original thread creation date, rather than by last post. But I gather that this will be fixed... in... future. Avoiding the 's' word. ;)

Ah, thanks, at least it works for someone,,,:gulp:

(I'll recheck after a pc startup, ore some other voodoo in a while,,,)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Meh. Up off and on all night, stressing. Meh. Spent a lot of time talking to friends online, getting feedback and opinions, and it comes down to the Same Old Thing, which can be summed up in one word:

FOCUUS

So, I'm not going to get a new laptop. I'm going to take everything off the Windows desktop but my writing tools and get to work on finish my half-complete novel so I can get it up on Amazon. And then, start my trilogy of novellas!

So there! :vampire:

Other than that, lovely day out, quiet at the office, there'll be crispy tacos for lunch, and then off to party the night away! Then I' going to WRITE ALL WEEKEND, DAG NAB IT!!!

I hope everyone is going well and has a GREAT weekend!

edited December 1969

here's a link to the writer's forum iffn anyone is interested

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showforum.php?forum_id=12436

i'm waiting for someone else to post there, cuz i feel like i'm hogging it write now.

Thanks for the link! I'll post if I can think of anything meaningful to say.

edited December 1969

Ooooh ooohhh one of the local breweries is having an Open House tomorrow!!!

http://circlebrewing.com/blog/2012/05/23/wryteous-open-house/

I know where I'll be tomorrow afternoon, taking a break from writing, hee heeeee!

edited December 1969

Awesome :)

edited December 1969

Started working on an old scene. Currently in the process of reassigning materials.

Bedroom_Indigo.jpg
    744 x 524 - 124K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Went to DMV today. If you do not know what the DMV is, it is a place that people go to and take a ticket and wait and wait for their ticket to be called. You have to go there to be able to drive and fish legally (hopefully no one is fishing and driving at the same time.)
    I did see something that said one can get fishing license at the DMV. Of course I would not go on a Friday for a fishing license. (I do not fish. You can fish but do not make me fish or eat the fish you caught specially if it is river fish) I went to get a little problem with my driving license resolved. Now that is solved.
    I went by a Little Caesars and wanted pizza since they were advertising five dollar pizzas. I got a cheese pizza and crazy bread. It is a good size pizza and I cannot eat it all right now. I have to put the rest in the fridge for tomorrow. I also stopped at food lion to get a little cake but saw that 6 cupcakes were the same price so I got those instead.

I went home and Melody insisted I feed her before I eat the pizza. (she did this by sitting on the pizza box which was on top of her food container. I fed the kitties. then washed a plate and a fork and a cup. I sat down next to my computer. Boom thunder yelled and the power went off temporally. it went back on in a minute or so and came back on. Just long enough to reset most of my alarm clocks. I surfed the daz site while eating the pizza. just decided to post this.

I guess I will have a cupcake when I return home after work.

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited June 2012

Meh. Up off and on all night, stressing. Meh. Spent a lot of time talking to friends online, getting feedback and opinions, and it comes down to the Same Old Thing, which can be summed up in one word:

FOCUUS

So, I'm not going to get a new laptop. I'm going to take everything off the Windows desktop but my writing tools and get to work on finish my half-complete novel so I can get it up on Amazon. And then, start my trilogy of novellas!

So there! :vampire:

Other than that, lovely day out, quiet at the office, there'll be crispy tacos for lunch, and then off to party the night away! Then I' going to WRITE ALL WEEKEND, DAG NAB IT!!!

I hope everyone is going well and has a GREAT weekend!

Hey Mr Loach, don't be too hard on yourself... you DID get the poetry out yes? ... with pretty cover too (^_^)d... that's a level-up surely ;-).

EDIT: mmmm, cupcakes! *wantz* \(^_^)/

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

4 am. And I'm awake. Meh. :(

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

tee hee remember the cupcake guy in the newest Star Trek movie?

someday the sequel will come out.

and the Mr Scott and Chekov - their brogue and accents sound so real

edited December 1969

6 am, still awake. Now I blame SO, tho.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Having difficulty connecting

interrupted.png
    262 x 146 - 15K
    edited December 1969

I just finished an early midnight snack of Doritos locos tacos. I thought they were good. in a bit I am going to eat a cupcake, but first I would have to go into the kitchen which is where I put them.

edited December 1969

7 am. SO has woken up and wandered out of bedroom. Soon, time for me to wander there and try to sleep.

edited December 1969

It was an early midnight snack because I finished it a little before midnight instead of starting it at midnight. Melody is trying to see if she can find any pieces of cheese in the taco wrappers.

edited December 1969
    smackwaterjack.jpg
    600 x 450 - 109K
    edited December 1969

Complaint: My chicken burger ended up as a "pile of chicken burger ingredients slapped together".

edited December 1969

Good morning/day/evening/night, whatever it is wherever you are!

Complaint: my external HD is dying, I got some "clicks of death" this morning so I'm trying to get as much off it as fast as possible. This really bites as my carefully crafted runtime has to be copied to my laptop HD, along with my backup content installers! Waahhhhh! :ahhh:

Thankfully I've managed to get all the content installers off the drive, so even if it dies during the runtime copy, I *can* painfully recreate it. Argh.

Next weeks paycheck will go to a brand-new USB external backup drive.:long:

Oh well, it was ancient anyway. Meh. At least there's the brewery open house later today! :-)

edited December 1969

Reminds me that my xbox360 seemed to have overheated last night.
    Friend and I were playing Halo, having a great time, and shortly after I *betrayed him with a poorly aimed grenade the xbox went splat. At first I thought the power went out, but seeing as the lights were still on and the power strip it was plugged into was still on (As was the TV) I figured it was the console itself. I quickly unplugged it and hoped that if I let it cool down it would be okay. WHich also reminds me I gotta check if it is.
    *I really like the way the "announcer" says BETRAYAL when you end up killing a teammate - it's even better when it leaves you thinking "Whuh!? How did THAT happen?"
    'Course online it's fairly easy for the person to just boot you even if it was an honest-to-god accident, and some people even make it a game: Try and get someone to betray them (Usually by pestering them for the entire game) and once the "Do you want to boot this player?" screen comes up they let their character sit there until there is ten seconds left in the game before booting them to deny them the Game Completion bonuses.

edited December 1969

...I accidentally destroyed my two days of Supersuit work, customized material zones and all... :down: >:( :down:

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Reminds me that my xbox360 seemed to have overheated last night.
    Friend and I were playing Halo, having a great time, and shortly after I *betrayed him with a poorly aimed grenade the xbox went splat. At first I thought the power went out, but seeing as the lights were still on and the power strip it was plugged into was still on (As was the TV) I figured it was the console itself. I quickly unplugged it and hoped that if I let it cool down it would be okay. WHich also reminds me I gotta check if it is.
    *I really like the way the "announcer" says BETRAYAL when you end up killing a teammate - it's even better when it leaves you thinking "Whuh!? How did THAT happen?"
    'Course online it's fairly easy for the person to just boot you even if it was an honest-to-god accident, and some people even make it a game: Try and get someone to betray them (Usually by pestering them for the entire game) and once the "Do you want to boot this player?" screen comes up they let their character sit there until there is ten seconds left in the game before booting them to deny them the Game Completion bonuses.

Argh on the XBox issue - I hope it's OK!

BETRAYAL.. heh. :vampire:

This discussion has been closed.