Update: 4 June 2016

Released today: Legacy UVs for Genesis 3: Genesis 2 Male and Michael 6

http://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-genesis-2-male-and-michael-6

Update: 18 April 2016

Released today.

http://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-michael-4

http://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-3-victoria-5

Original Post: 9 April 2016

The Legacy UVs for Genesis 3 conversions for Michael 4 and Victoria 5 are to be released shortly in the Daz store, though I have no definite dates.  They comprise Michael 4 and Victoria 5 UV Sets for use on Genesis 3 Male and Genesis 3 Female respectively, and geografts to cover those surfaces which require extra UV demarcation.  There is UV support, and for Michael 4 an additional geograft, for the Anatomical Elements - a geograft on a geograft!  A PDF with full instructions is provided for each product.

I have opened this thread as a forum for any questions, issues and observations which may arise, and I will do my best to address them.

Post edited by Cayman Studios on

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

NIce!  I've got the first two UV sets you released at Rendo and they're fantastic, so I'll definitely be picking these up. 

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576

Welcome! I'll be happy ot see these hit the store. :)

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602

Welcome Cayman! You're V4 and G2F to G3F sets are invaluable and I'm thrilled you'll be selling the rest at Daz! Happy days... Whoo Hoo :)

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,294

These look great, and I am happy you decided to release them at this store.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

WOOHOO! Welcome, looking forward to these!

• Cayman StudiosCayman Studios Posts: 1,131

Thank you all for your encouraging words.  Any remaining UV Sets I do will probably be released here as well, and I hope they meet with your expectations.

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

Outstanding! Any of us who do illustration with continuing characters will now be able to start hitting the upgrade trail.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Awesome, I bought the other two from renderosity as well and love them hope they are released soon

• Gets in the check out line and waits...(like they do for the iphone!)cheeky

• Unlike most folks, there are only a couple of V4 skins I want to use on G3F, but I will probably get this as soon as practical for me.

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249

@Cayman Studios
    Are the previous UV sets you released on the other site, going to be available here?
    Or is it just the new ones only.

This I want to buy.
    Thanks

Fusion, at the moment I have no plans to move the existing products from their current base.

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

Fantastic...looking forward to the release!

• AllegraAllegra Posts: 405

It's out...greatlaugh

???

• jaebeajaebea Posts: 454

I bought the version for V4 and its fabulous!  Looking forward to M4!!!

• FusionLAFusionLA Posts: 249

Fusion, at the moment I have no plans to move the existing products from their current base.

Thanks

Looking forward to buying these.
    I was just hoping the others would end up here, I got use to installing with DIM and now Connect.

• Welcome Cayman Studios. Happy to see you here!

This is a brilliant 2 or 3 clicks solution for the U-DIM problem.

Just now there are Legacy UVs for G3, from V4 to G3F, from G2F to G3F. In the near future, from M4 to G3M, from V5 to G3F. My question: which are the next? M5? G2M? other? I'm curious about it.

I'm hoping G2M for G3M and if it's even remotely possible maybe V3 and M3

I am working on G2M Base at the moment, and may do one or two of the other of the G2M UVs as well.  M5 is also a possibility, especially as the M5 UVs are also used for some G2M textures.  I have not yet decided how I am going to group them, it will depend on how quickly they get done.

As for V3 and M3... For starters I don't have these and so am unfamiliar with their UVs.  Presumably there is a similar sort of UV mismatch at work here, which is why there have not been V3 and M3 legacy UVs for other generations.  More importantly, what are the textures like, how many are there and what would be the level of demand for a conversion?  So I would say, all things considered, it is unlikely that I will do these - though I may be persuaded.  laugh

Some textures are nice, Levi for M3 that use to be sold at ArtCollab looks amazing on G2M they do convert good with texture converter as well.  Your other UV sets are great, I'm impatiently waiting for Daz to release the new ones,  I already got plans for the M4 one.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,935
    edited April 2016

As for V3 and M3... For starters I don't have these and so am unfamiliar with their UVs.  Presumably there is a similar sort of UV mismatch at work here, which is why there have not been V3 and M3 legacy UVs for other generations.  More importantly, what are the textures like, how many are there and what would be the level of demand for a conversion?  So I would say, all things considered, it is unlikely that I will do these - though I may be persuaded.  laugh

Generation 3 figures had textures split on 2 maps, body and face. And yes, the reason there was no generation 3 UVs for Genesis was that with the way textures were split you would need to use parts of two texture files on the same material zone. So basically the same kind of problem.

I never used V3/M3 much, but I loved A3 and she used the same UVs as V3 so I would definitely be interested by V3 UVs. But there's always the option to convert A3 textures to V4 via TC2 and then use the V4 UVs if you don't release them.

Post edited by Leana on
  • kfox65kfox65 Posts: 59

YEEEEEESSSS!

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Fantastic products Cayman, thanks. Turns out there are a lot more characters that use the V5 UV than I initially thought.

I really hope you will consider doing the V6 UV at some point too.

Thanks, Redz.

Yes, as well as Genesis, there are a fair few G2F textures which use the V5 UVs as well.  I went through the store product pages for Genesis 2 Females and before my stamina gave out I'd found at least thirty.  There's probably a lot more all told, here and elsewhere.

I'd like to know how many Victoria 6 UVs there are.  It's a shame we can't just run a query on a database somewhere and get these figures out.  And a lot of the product pages, certainly early on in the Genesis 2 run, don't even say what the UVs are.  But I would like to do sets for the core UVs if it's manageable.

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Thanks, Redz.

Yes, as well as Genesis, there are a fair few G2F textures which use the V5 UVs as well.  I went through the store product pages for Genesis 2 Females and before my stamina gave out I'd found at least thirty.  There's probably a lot more all told, here and elsewhere.

I'd like to know how many Victoria 6 UVs there are.  It's a shame we can't just run a query on a database somewhere and get these figures out.  And a lot of the product pages, certainly early on in the Genesis 2 run, don't even say what the UVs are.  But I would like to do sets for the core UVs if it's manageable.

I don't envy you that search. On a very cursory look, I've found about a dozen that use the V6 UVs, including a lot of popular Raiya characters. Many of the characters for V6 don't specify which is frustrating. 

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,758

since these are geocrafted bodyparts, will my custom and purchased G3 morph sets still work???

since these are geocrafted bodyparts, will my custom and purchased G3 morph sets still work???

Yes, the geografts adopt whatever morphs the host surface uses.

• RenomistaRenomista Posts: 921

Thanks, Redz.

Where do you see that? Most of the Older (Genesis/early G2) characters tht i looked into did not note this on the STorepage, like the newer ones most of the time do....