DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta Release Now Available

Comments

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Richard, I don't know if it is the same with the new downloads, but the previous ones for the "final release" version wouldn't run if you didn't have an uninstaller already for the content. The program install was going to run without attempting to remove the previous version of the program, but the Genesis installer would give an error right after going through the initial setup and just before it starts to install. An error comes up with something about the uninstaller but I don't recall the exact message. It happened every single time and wouldn't let me install any of the new content at all. The old installer wouldn't put an uninstaller on when I tried, so I had to create a whole new runtime folder and start over with my DS4 content yet again to get past the error and get the installer to run and start adding the content :(

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773
    edited September 2012

I have installed DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta on the computer with Windows 8 and it seems to work ok.
    I have created a scene, saved it and then closed Daz Studio. Then I have started DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137
    again and loaded the scene without any problem. Will have to test some more advanced light setup.
    By the way Genesis Starter Essentials 1.4 is a mighty 419 MBytes download.

Post edited by Artini on
  • BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited September 2012

Same here install and uninstalling went without a hitch. Maybe because I uninstalled the CMS rebooted then uninstalled DS 4.5 then installed 4.5 beta? On another matter can someone point to a good read how to use area light? (I think this works like mesh lights in Reality) every time I tried my renders looked all dark...

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

Bob, this time I need not uninstall anything before, because installer auto wipe out old genesis essential kit and ds 4.5 114
    when you install ds 4.5 new beta and genesis essential 1.4 ver.

I did not stop cms as admin adviced, (I was afraid little bit, but believed he said ^^;)
    when install them. just quit ds 4.5, then installed them.

installer check automatically everything I think. . I just click yes, yes, yes,,
    then installer reboot cms and install ds studio 4.5 beta. in same place before.

after that I installed genesis essential new kits. almost same. you need not anything.
    if you may not change contents or cms location.

I remember clearly when I install ds 4.5 rc, there is many duplicated file and no point icons in smart content.
    second challenge was same, it was so messy to correct them.

But if you have both of ds 4.5 ver for 32bit and 64bit, If you need to uninstall one of them?
    I do not know about that.

only one problem , I needed reinstall new genesis essential meta-data, and change option of
    contents directory editor.

because genesis icon could not show up , after I installed it.
    (it is almost evertime I experienced , genesis essential product icon has gone somewhere,

when install ds beta or RC or productver with basic contents though there are image in runtime/support folda
    so I did not feel to report about it :coolhmm:)

edited December 1969

Bob, this time I need not uninstall anything before, because installer auto wipe out old genesis essential kit and ds 4.5 114

I did not stop cms as admin adviced, (I was afraid little bit, but believed he said ^^;)

installer check automatically everything I think. . I just click yes, yes, yes,,

after that I installed genesis essential new kits. almost same. you need not anything.

I remember clearly when I install ds 4.5 rc, there is many duplicated file and no point icons in smart content.

But if you have both of ds 4.5 ver for 32bit and 64bit, If you need to uninstall one of them?

only one problem , I needed reinstall new genesis essential meta-data, and change option of

(it is almost evertime I experienced , genesis essential product icon has gone somewhere,

when install ds beta or RC or productver with basic contents though there are image in runtime/support folda

Cool do you know how to use area lights? I would like to give this a try. I remember Randall Lloyd getting very nice renders in 20 minutes a while back. When I try using them all I get is dark figures & scenes if not answer i will post it as a topic...

• AkhbourAkhbour Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Bob, Area Lights work like the mesh lights in Lux, in a way. There has been a bug with them in the last release(s) which is now fixed in the latest beta.

You can apply the shader to any surface (LEDs and buttons on a control deck, neon tubes ...) but if you use it on a plane primitive, be aware that it shines only into the direction of the normal.

Contrary to a "normal" light, you have to adjust the parameters of the light in the surface tab.

edited September 2012

Bobvan said:

Cool do you know how to use area lights? I would like to give this a try. I remember Randall Lloyd getting very nice renders in 20 minutes a while back. When I try using them all I get is dark figures & scenes if not answer i will post it as a topic...

K thanks I know you are a fellow Reality user though I think you dont use it all the time. I have been exclusively using it since late feb I am just curious to see if any 3Dlight may also work well. I did get alot of decent renders prior to using Reality but looking at my overall renders much nicer results with Reality Lux

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited December 1969

Even with the updated version(yes, I reset my download for it), PWtoon is still broke.
    All you get with it is a filled, flat, diffuse colored shape.

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited September 2012

After loadiing up DS 4.5 and rendering an old scene I think I found a bug in the Open GL GLSL render setting( stage 3 on the render slider). The program crashes and needs to be restarted. I'm running :

Windows Vista™ Home Premium
    Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, 2600 Mhz
    Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 430
    Display Driver 3.06.23.

And I get this error and crash:

WARNING: interface\dialogs\dzbasicdialog.cpp(164): No parent specified for DzBasicDialog!
    Rendering in OpenGL...
    Compile failed on OpenGL Default Material Shaders, rendering without GLSL.

I tried it with DS 4.0.3.47 and did not have any problems. As far as I can tell I'm up to date on display drivers so it may be a bug. I haven't read through all of this thread so bear with me but I'm wondering if there are others with the same problem or if they are working on it.

Thank's in advance my friends.

Addendum:

I also get this in the crash Message:

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Windows\system32\nvoglv32.dll" at 0023:63B27DF4

The nvogl32.dll is an Nvida module so something needs to be addressed there, I also loaded and tried Firery Scene 2 and got the same crash. I reset the 3D setting for DS 4.5 in the Nvidia control panel and it still crashes. After reading threads I saw where some shaders may be a problem which is why I loaded the new ready to render scene and am still having problems.

Has Anybody else had this problem?

Post edited by stump3point1 on
  • gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

Uninstalled older version and installed without a hitch using Windows7.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

One thing I have noticed in the last TWO releases, when testing maps out it takes a long time for the maps to be refreshed. I really hope they are able to speed that up a bit more down the road. It's really annoying!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

I've run into a crashing problem in the new DS 4.5 Pro Beta with InaneGlory's Photo Studio 2 lights and progressive rendering. I created a new thread about the problem here:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8166/

• chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited September 2012

DS 4.5.0137 64bit - Installation want fine. The preview pane is much more responsive, and the rendering speed now appears on par with Carrara's. Kudo's on this

Now for the Bad: I can open older saved themes, but I do get the occasional texture or clothing item does not load. A major problem occurs occasionally when I load an old animation scene. Many previously saved animation scenes load and function fine, but on some scenes DS freezes when I select the play button on the DS timeline. The hour glass or spinner comes on and that's it. If one trys to close DS, Windows throws its' typical ~this application has stopped responding" error. There is no DS error report thrown. Animation still seems to be an issue in some instances.

Win7 64, INTEL6850 Quad,
    8GB Ram, NVIDIA 8800 GTX

Post edited by chorse on
  • edited December 1969

When I reset Daz Studio Pro in my itemized order history, at my downloadable products I can download 114 again, and not the new 137

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

When I reset Daz Studio Pro in my itemized order history, at my downloadable products I can download 114 again, and not the new 137

Hi...

In your Itemized Order History look for Daz Studio Pro Beta, that's the one you want to reset

Hope this helps... :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133
    edited December 1969

If you ever used one of the 4.5 Release Candidate versions that came out before the released 4.5 Pro, you can reset that. Otherwise, you need to "buy" the 4.5 Pro Beta in the store for $0. Resetting the 4.5 Pro only got the same old 114 for me, too.

The info is in the message from DAZ_bfurner, but I didn't understand the significance of it on first reading. Here is what was said:

How do I get DAZ Studio 4.5.0.137?
    If you have previously purchased DAZ Studio 4.5 Pro Beta or Release Candidate you will be able to reset that product in your downloads list Itemized Order History for these products to acquire the latest version. If this is your first time downloading DAZ Studio 4 Pro Beta, simply follow the link below to add this to your cart:
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/daz-studio-pro-beta

• Roman_K2Roman_K2 Posts: 1,206
    edited December 1969

I believe I'm having some issues with DS 4.5.x (114?) downloaded in mid-August and running under Vista 64-bit. Does this image of Genesis look familiar to anyone? I get more or less the same thing with other, .CR2 figures and props. Another bad sign: Poser Debut doesn't work either... PD worked ok for about an hour and then ceased working.

Again I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit on this machine. Other machines have separate issues but one XP box sort of works - I get pretty good renders out of Dreamlight stuff and Poser Debut sort of works too, under XP.

genesis-looks-funny.jpg
    350 x 425 - 10K
    edited December 1969

Roman_K2 said:
    I believe I'm having some issues with DS 4.5.x (114?) downloaded in mid-August and running under Vista 64-bit. Does this image of Genesis look familiar to anyone? I get more or less the same thing with other, .CR2 figures and props. Another bad sign: Poser Debut doesn't work either... PD worked ok for about an hour and then ceased working.

Again I'm running Windows Vista 64-bit on this machine. Other machines have separate issues but one XP box sort of works - I get pretty good renders out of Dreamlight stuff and Poser Debut sort of works too, under XP.

I had a similar incident with the .37 beta yesterday with the Rendo genesis extreme pumps upon merging a character to a scene the shoes looked blocky like that but then it was a second pair of shoes all I had to do is delete the blocky shoes...

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

It is familiar , me too.

and in this case, it is different from exprosion genesis figure and clothings,
    if I saved the sceane again and again , they will not correct.

so when you load the scene, did not you get any erroer message about loading items?
    or you changed morph path before you saved?

the bad thing about duf they s can not load which you before saved
    but change it.

about .daz. scene, I can get buck if I change and lost some handmade items,or morphs.
    so I can rely on them.

but in ds 4.5 duf they can not load them.

dazlicquid.JPG
    455 x 493 - 45K
    licquid.JPG
    578 x 522 - 55K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited September 2012

I'm reorganizing some of my lesser used figures into their own directory, and things have suddenly gone very strange.

So this is probably a stupid basic question, but when you add a Runtime directory to the Poser Format Content section, does Studio then immediately need to scan that for content? I put the those figures in their own Runtime, started Studio, added the new Runtime through preferences and Studio essentially froze. After about 15 minutes, I killed the process and started Studio again. Now I have something called "My DAZ Library" in the Studio format, Poser format and Other format sections.

I decided to try doing things a slightly different way, right clicked on a runtime that held only one character, selected delete ... and it deleted my main Poser format runtime from studio, the one where Studio itself puts all its stuff. The files themselves weren't gone, of course, just the reference, but ... what on earth is this program DOING? (Adding my entire Poser runtime back took about five minutes, so I'm guessing that no, it's not scanning directories at that time.)

I went back through Preferences to try to remove those directories, and it looks like it's going to take ages, so ... we'll see.

(I'm also noticing that when Studio sneezes, my entire system gets a cold. Which is to say, when Studio is working on something, every other program that might be running starts glitching. This wasn't the case with 4.0, except during renders, which I would expect.)

EDIT: Took roughly 15 minutes to do everything.

EDIT 2: Also noticing that it takes 4.5 beta FOREVER to parse directories. 4.0 used to take maybe 30 seconds or so to parse my figures directory, 4.5 takes much much much longer.

EDIT 3: And now it's refusing to open any existing files. Gives a message saying it can't find one or more files, then the log lists practically everything in the scene. Restarting didn't help, rebooting didn't help, so I'm going to try reinstalling the beta. (... OK, turns out when you change the base directory structure inside Studio, even though the file never goes anywhere, Studio can't find anything until you tell it where the directories are again. And you have to tell it in exactly the same way that you did before or it gets very very confused. Which I more or less understand.)

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Roman_K2 said:

Is this rendered or is it a screenshot of the preview window?
    If it is rendered, I don't know how to fix it.
    If it is the preview it looks like Bounding Box is selected:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/dazstudio/reference/prefsif

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Roman_K2 said:

For anyone with this problem just go to your "Tool Settings" and adjust the "Draw Style" See image below
    DrawStyleS.jpg
    409 x 695 - 123K
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724
    edited September 2012

What on earth is there in this Genesis Starter Essentials file? It's over 400 MB.

EDIT: Never mind, installed it and got the answer from the README.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • chorsechorse Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

vwrangler said:

EDIT 2: Also noticing that it takes 4.5 beta FOREVER to parse directories. 4.0 used to take maybe 30 seconds or so to parse my figures directory, 4.5 takes much much much longer.

EDIT 3: And now it's refusing to open any existing files. Gives a message saying it can't find one or more files, then the log lists practically everything in the scene. Restarting didn't help, rebooting didn't help, so I'm going to try reinstalling the beta. (... OK, turns out when you change the base directory structure inside Studio, even though the file never goes anywhere, Studio can't find anything until you tell it where the directories are again. And you have to tell it in exactly the same way that you did before or it gets very very confused. Which I more or less understand.)

I've noticed the same thing for EDIT 2 & 3. The content Libs seem less responsive. Even when you tell DS where to look it still cannot find the item, even though the content directories are set up correctly.

I am having one other issue: For previous DS version saved scenes, all textures load, but some of them do not display in the view pane. I can see the textures are correctly installed in the surface tab, but they are not displayed. The textures are displayed if the same scene is opened with DS 3 or 2..

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited December 1969

chorse said:
    I've noticed the same thing for EDIT 2 & 3. The content Libs seem less responsive. Even when you tell DS where to look it still cannot find the item, even though the content directories are set up correctly.

I am having one other issue: For previous DS version saved scenes, all textures load, but some of them do not display in the view pane. I can see the textures are correctly installed in the surface tab, but they are not displayed. The textures are displayed if the same scene is opened with DS 3 or 2..

Those two issues may or may not be related. I borked my content directory paths -- deliberately deleting a couple, and then Studio decided that it was going to help out and delete content directory paths for me, even when I hadn't asked it to touch those directories -- and one thing I've discovered in restoring the references is that just because YOU don't use a particular directory path doesn't mean that Studio doesn't need it to be there for some reason.

In other world news, Studio 4.5 beta seems to have defaulted to saving all of my character presets as Actor at this point. Which, again, is more or less fine, if completely baffling. In some cases, I think it might be related to Skin Binding being active in the original figure; in others ... no clue.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited December 1969

acanthis said:
    ANOTHER Beta? So soon after the Release Candidate fiasco?

For God's sake ... when will you people learn? The aim is stability, not endless updates!

As an aside, how many of the recently re-compiled addons are invalidated by this release?

this version is only for download to all people that would like to help Beta-testing.
    don't download this if you can't help in beta testing and just stay with the RC version untill
    new betatesting is over till another RC release.

• thorvanthorvan Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

In 2011 I purchased the pw shader bundle. But this bundle does not work with DAZ 4.5 and not with 4.5.0.137. The renders only show up in black. When will this problem be fixed? I use those shaders quite often and was forced to install 4.0.3 for these shaders.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

In 2011 I purchased the pw shader bundle. But this bundle does not work with DAZ 4.5 and not with 4.5.0.137. The renders only show up in black. When will this problem be fixed? I use those shaders quite often and was forced to install 4.0.3 for these shaders.

Ehm ... did you reset your downloads? They are all updated:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5976/

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:

Ehm ... did you reset your downloads? They are all updated:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/5976/
    I'm having similar issues with Pwtoon, and I did reset my downloads, twice.
    Currently have a help ticket open on the issue.

• thorvanthorvan Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Thanks for mentioning to reset the bundle. Now it works fine in 4.5 as well