DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 Beta Release Now Available

12346»

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

@stumpc: I reported the bug. The response was that they are unable to replicate it in a later version that they are using, so it appears it is already fixed, but we'll have to wait a bit for the new release.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

FYI - Daz Studio Pro 4.5.1.6 is available, I got it via reset of the the regular (non-beta) product in my history.

• stump3point1stump3point1 Posts: 139
    edited December 1969

ReDave said:
    @stumpc: I reported the bug. The response was that they are unable to replicate it in a later version that they are using, so it appears it is already fixed, but we'll have to wait a bit for the new release.

Thank's for the update ReDave, Good news.

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

redave and stumppc thanks too ^^
    I hope it has been removed in this version.

then,,, so someone can tell me how to install 4.5 1 safety from 4.5 beta^^?

I understand,, this time need itemized history of before product ver 4.5 .
    not beta ver.

then,, do you think I need to uninstall beta ver , and cms before isntall it?
    or how about genesis essenntial ?

• BobvanBobvan Posts: 2,652
    edited December 1969

I just let it uninstall and re install seems ok did not fix my problem

• kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

@Bovban,,

I feel unhappy you keep the problem still TT)

I tried 4.5 rc before, and I thought if would update to ds 4.5 product ver,
    some or few daz sceane would not be reused correctly,

even though other people say ok.

so,, I think if you report about your case to mantis bug tracker with detail (which item did you use for the scene) stuck the scene file,
    log file, daz debug team wouldl find what cause the problem @@;

edited December 1969

I dont expect anything this has more problems then DS3 ever did and some folks are looking forward to 5... I find it interesting that most of the problems are related to Genesis which they are looking to push & promote....

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:
    I dont expect anything this has more problems then DS3 ever did and some folks are looking forward to 5... I find it interesting that most of the problems are related to Genesis which they are looking to push & promote....

Well, my memory tells me that DS3 had as many updates ... unfortunately I deleted the old installers to make space on my harddrive and only have the last stable one, or I could give you numbers. And problems with rendering and area lights and so on are not really Genesis related.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Bobvan said:

I see mostly two classes of problems that are being fixed...render engine problems. These were definitely core problems in 3Delight and if you look over the change logs on the 3Delight site you will find that they affected everything, not just DS4. Especially the light problem.

The other class that seems to have a large number of vocal reports is install problems. Mostly stemming from not fully updating everything. Now that the content is a separate download, it seems the number of problems related to nonupdated CONTENT has gone up dramatically.

A third class of problems, I'll call these 'backwards compatibility' problems...Genesis is new, so why does it HAVE to work with all the old stuff? Granted that it mostly does is amazing. But the fact is, it's not going to be 100% compatible. Many of the problems with transferring items are probably more likely problems with the items and not Genesis. Things like long dresses aren't really a Genesis problem. It's really a problem with the fact that something rigged for the old models is not only missing bones that the Genesis model has, but it was never designed for a weight mapped model to begin with. And automatically trying to do that isn't going to work. The only thing that will is to transfer it by hand, then adjust the weights and everything else...again by hand. Not something the average user wants (or is capable of), so it is now 'Genesis' fault' that it doesn't work...not the fact that it is a square peg trying to be fit into a round hole.

edited October 2012

I use the luxrener so thats a none issue its just all the duplication errors and no I am not re installing a million files so that I MAY get rid of them. Also only with Genesis does one get the explosive scenes never experienced that with 3 I still have my 3 installers... I think the program is crap and its free but have bought a lot of content over time so I still feel cheated..

If one uses gen 4 stuff none of these issues are a problem..

Post edited by Bobvan on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

With duplication error - are you talking about the Duplicate IDs?
    Richard has a free script to fix those, so you don't need to redownload and reinstall.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/740/

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    With duplication error - are you talking about the Duplicate IDs?
    Richard has a free script to fix those, so you don't need to redownload and reinstall.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/740/

Tried it did squat

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The duplicate ID errors ARE NOT Genesis...by and large they are because the old content was not really 'standards compliant'. 4.0 was much more forgiving, in that regard.

And, sorry, if the script isn't going to fix the problem the only answer IS reinstalling updated content.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

Well it WOULD help EVERYONE if DAZ got off the can and fixed the automatic reset of updated downloads. I know my account would be inundated with downloads but at least I wouldn't have to drudge my way through that horrific alphabetized history area. YUK! That's one of the main reasons I've not updated much of my content. It takes too long tracking down all of the ones I need to update. Not going to bother either until DAZ fixes both of those issues... Auto Rest and more options for the History Manager.

edited December 1969

I agree my DS content is 162G of content (not counting my poser runtime folder)

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

LeFauve said:
    This is not really encouraging...

I think I'll stay on 4.0 for a little while longer, but is there any centralized place for information about the progress on DAZ 4.5?
    I got the "release" version a while ago (4.5.0.114) and from this post I understand there is a newer 4.5.0.137 which is again a beta...

This is kind of disturbing somehow.

Also I didn't found anywhere any "technical" setup instruction for installing/upgrading to this version (what to install in which order).
    I found 2 different versions of Installation-Guide-Windows.pdf but none of them seems to have any contains about upgrading without losing your content.

The download list for my version includes installers for DAZ 4.0.3.47 as well... Should them be installed first for some twisted reason?

Stupid question: I guess it's not possible to install both 4.0 and 4.5 on the same computer?

EDIT: BTW, This is my first post on this forum :) Hi everybody!

If one is the 32 bit version and the other is the 64 bit version, you can have both on the same computer. I know this is an outdated post, but I saw it and had to respond. I had 4.0 Pro 32 bit installed on my computer, and when I acquired the 4.5 Pro version, I installed its 64 bit version. It did not uninstall the 32 bit 4.0 Pro version, and both ran without any problems. I used the older version to complete the projects i was working on in it to keep them from getting corrupted. After that I ran the uninstaller for 4.0. I have not deleted the product from my hard drive though. I'm keeping it in case there is some unforeseen problem that arises with 4.5.