- - Little thief !! That kid pick pocketed my Complaint Thread! - -

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I may be considering it, assumeing that the bought version is much better!

It is, and you can transfer the license to your new desktop too. The freedom of customizing stuff is soooooooo nice. :)

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

Raptor Red sounds like an interesting book. Could also help me with storywriting that involves a character that cannot speak, or use magic to speak (In settings where such magic is possible).
    Also raptors~ <3</p>

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Busy today heh *under pressure*

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

i just broke my barrette - darn

edited December 1969

here, have a rubber band - surely the most useful item of pocket paraphernalia :)

edited December 1969

TG is Friday ! Everyone is having Pizza for lunch, bleh is more of a meat pie day for me if I ever get to eat today *grumble*

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    here, have a rubber band - surely the most useful item of pocket paraphernalia :)

I was going to put in a bid for paper clip, but thinking on it I'd have to agree, the rubber band is the Stationery Item To Rule Them All.

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Just got power back after being in the dark for an hour and a half. I had just finished making dinner when everything went off. Neighbors called a few seconds later, while I'm scrambling to find flashlights and candles and they were out as well. Made it interesting trying to eat with flickering candles everywhere. I'll admit, I don't really see the appeal of candlelit dinners when I could barely see my plate, much less Fiance's face.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

When people say "candlelit dinners", they pretty much mean "ambient light at 60%, shadow softness 2-4%; insert localized light source over table, no shadows, light's edge falls off at table's edge".

I think I might have used DS a bit too much recently.

edited September 2012

Skiriki said:
    When people say "candlelit dinners", they pretty much mean "ambient light at 60%, shadow softness 2-4%; insert localized light source over table, no shadows, light's edge falls off at table's edge".

Mmm tried that as close as Indigo's lights would allow. Me thinks scene scale is much off XD
    (I don't have the option to set it's shadow settings or not, they always cast shadows.)
    The light's temperature is at 5,100 which if I recall is fairly close to a redish-yellow color. Or was that 4,700? Eh whatever - is too bright to tell XD

Untitled_4.jpg
    800 x 600 - 162K
    Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Derp! Was just reading a thread about more or less having too much software to need to learn and or use to get a client's work done.

This might be a little off topic but I thought I would post anyway... Apart from my core skills in C4D and AFX I am constantly expected to know other apps like Vue, PfTrack, Real Flow, Maya, VRay, Turbulence, Softimage etc. And whilst I know my way around in these apps and have the basics I find that if I don't use them for a month or two I forget how to use them and look silly in front of clients fumbling through them trying to remember things.

Are others super human and can remember everything or is my mind so full of so much it cannot retain things any longer i.e is my hard drive full?
    One of the responses was:
    1. As you have just pointed out, fumbling about with the software can make a bad impression. Even if you know what you are doing it can still come over as fumbling. Set it all up before hand if you need to show them you working.
    2. Rough working in the application won't look as good as the final results and may put off the uninitiated. Examples of previous work would work better.
    3. You don't want them to know how easy it is to make a sphere and put their logo on it. :P

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

Revised Lighting!! I'm really happy with it... Mind you this is a low-res render... At least until tomoz after it has rendered the full hi-res image while I sleep. So excited :cheese:

Also attached is the pre-visual render fully loaded with exception of the lights of course.

TestRenderJungle_QuickFULL16by9.jpg
    1500 x 843 - 814K
    TestRenderJungle_HomesTreesLights.jpg
    500 x 488 - 181K
    edited December 1969

Ooh it really does look like from a game :3
    Pretty~
    I still think it's missing a friendly biguana <3<br /> .
    Anyhoo. I love this dragon model I have, he's so handsome! And clad in armor too <3</p>

IMG_1858.jpg
    900 x 1200 - 875K
    edited December 1969

Also a photo I took of a slug :3

slug_1355__sm.jpg
    1280 x 960 - 983K
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

That slug pic reminded me of a story.

A snail is mugged by a turtle and when the snail police arrive they ask him if he can describe the turtle.
    "I don't know," he says. "It all happened so fast."

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Ooh it really does look like from a game :3
    Pretty~
    I still think it's missing a friendly biguana <3<br /> .
    Anyhoo. I love this dragon model I have, he's so handsome! And clad in armor too <3</div>

LOL, Thanks Rezca! I am quite a fan of the gaming industry (It's kinda like sport is to many people, Except I not much a sports fan) If I was to add painted on blackish shadows in the textures it would totally blend in with Skyrim! LOL

That is a loverly Dragon :)

edited December 1969

Also a random complaint: Where are all the thieves renders??? I got one coming soon... However, I kinda thought people would have beaten me to it.

edited September 2012

Oh GOD that game? I'll be back in a day or two when the thread's pages have grown enough so I can skip this page >_<<br /> hate hate hate hate DX Just hearing the name of that ruins my day DX

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

It has dragons! OHHHHHHH :bug: ... you don't like the idea of slaying dragons.

edited December 1969

argh what a day ! Is Friday though so maybe can't complain too much *conflicted* :)

edited December 1969

Just got power back after being in the dark for an hour and a half. I had just finished making dinner when everything went off. Neighbors called a few seconds later, while I'm scrambling to find flashlights and candles and they were out as well. Made it interesting trying to eat with flickering candles everywhere. I'll admit, I don't really see the appeal of candlelit dinners when I could barely see my plate, much less Fiance's face.

But it is romantic - I guess as long as you don't eat from someone else's plate in the dark by mistake :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

needz holidaze ?

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Revised Lighting!! I'm really happy with it... Mind you this is a low-res render... At least until tomoz after it has rendered the full hi-res image while I sleep. So excited :cheese:

Also attached is the pre-visual render fully loaded with exception of the lights of course.

Yay :)

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Also a photo I took of a slug :3

amazing ridges and colours along the creature's back.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Oh GOD that game? I'll be back in a day or two when the thread's pages have grown enough so I can skip this page >_<<br /> hate hate hate hate DX Just hearing the name of that ruins my day DX

AW *pat pat*

edited December 1969

Lol, I think I upset rezca... She left straight away :(

edited December 1969

Guess what... I'm making a stupid render! And I'm planning to incorporate it with a fan render at the same time! lol It's gonna be fun to make... Just gotto make the 'draw back' morph on my custom made bow!

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Also a random complaint: Where are all the thieves renders??? I got one coming soon... However, I kinda thought people would have beaten me to it.

I tried to use one of the Super mask from the super suit on Reld to make a robber render but the mask didn't work so I have to come up with another solution or use someone else (but I loved the idea of Reld the dragon in a robber suit. Why has no one made clothes for SubDragon?)

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:

I tried to use one of the Super mask from the super suit on Reld to make a robber render but the mask didn't work so I have to come up with another solution or use someone else (but I loved the idea of Reld the dragon in a robber suit. Why has no one made clothes for SubDragon?)

YEY... I cant wait to see what you come up with!!! :cheese:

This discussion has been closed.